These just don't look right...

OldPro277
12/19/2019 8:53am
dadofagun wrote:
This is what group??? Please don't say Journey.....
OldPro277 wrote:
Its not-- its Journey " lite " Pinch No Steve Perry--No Journey
TeamGreen wrote:
There was a Journey before Steve. Steve not being there is all on Steve. I think he’s amazing. But, even he says he was “over it”...

There was a Journey before Steve.
Steve not being there is all on Steve.
I think he’s amazing. But, even he says he was “over it”. The dude seems pretty damn happy with his own gig these days.
Yes Steve left for his own personal reasons and seems to be quite fine with his decision. Very disappointing for the fans back then, for sure.

For Travis and anyone else that feels that Journey is better with Arnel than Steve I present this, direct from Wikipedia, lol

Journey is an American rock band that formed in San Francisco in 1973, composed of former members of Santana and Frumious Bandersnatch. The band has gone through several phases; its strongest commercial success occurred between 1978 and 1987 when Steve Perry was lead vocalist. During that period, the band released a series of hit songs, including "Don't Stop Believin'" (1981), which in 2009 became the top-selling track in iTunes history among songs not released in the 21st century.[7][8] Its parent studio album, Escape, the band's seventh and most successful, reached No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and yielded another of their most popular singles, "Open Arms". Its 1983 follow-up album, Frontiers, was almost as successful in the United States, reaching No. 2 and spawning several successful singles

Sales have resulted in one diamond, ten platinum (including seven consecutive multi-platinum albums between 1978 and 1987) and three gold albums. They have had eighteen Top 40 singles in the U.S. (the second most without a Billboard Hot 100 number one single behind Electric Light Orchestra with 20), six of which reached the Top 10 of the US chart and two of which reached No. 1 on other Billboard charts, and a No. 6 hit on the UK Singles Chart in "Don't Stop Believin'". In 2005, "Don't Stop Believin'" reached No. 3 on iTunes downloads. Originally a progressive rock band, Journey was described by AllMusic as having cemented a reputation as "one of America's most beloved commercial rock/pop bands" by 1978, when they redefined their sound by embracing pop arrangements on their fourth album, Infinity.[9]
And finally-- when they were inducted into the Rock HOF in 2017, Steve Perry was an inductee, not any of the replacement singers.
For anyone growing up in the 70's/80's the ONLY Journey is the Steve Perry Journey.
And before anyone busts my balls-- Neal Schon, Jonathan Cain, Ross and all the original members AND current members are all great musicians and still sound great !!! Just not putting out the "feel" of the Perry era. Again, just my opinion........
12/19/2019 9:21am
dadofagun wrote:
This is what group??? Please don't say Journey.....
OldPro277 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
There was a Journey before Steve. Steve not being there is all on Steve. I think he’s amazing. But, even he says he was “over it”...

I think he’s amazing. But, even he says he was “over it”. The dude seems pretty damn happy with his own gig these days.
Saw them at the Sports Arena (Aroma) in San Diego in the mid 80's. You can't reproduce that awesomness!
I listen to Perry's singles on Pandora. He doesn't have the range anymore, but he is still great!
Torco1
12/19/2019 11:01am
Torco1 wrote:
I know the feeling, I'm still struggling with this.......... [img]https://img.maximummedia.ie/joe_ie/eyJkYXRhIjoie1widXJsXCI6XCJodHRwOlxcXC9cXFwvbWVkaWEtam9lLm1heGltdW1tZWRpYS5pZS5zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tXFxcL3dwLWNvbnRlbnRcXFwvdXBsb2Fkc1xcXC8yMDEzXFxcLzAyXFxcL3NfMzRfODZfXzM0MDg2LXhsYXJnZS5qcGdcIixcIndpZHRoXCI6NzY3LFwiaGVpZ2h0XCI6NDMxLFwiZGVmYXVsdFwiOlwiaHR0cHM6XFxcL1xcXC93d3cuam9lLmllXFxcL2Fzc2V0c1xcXC9pbWFnZXNcXFwvam9lXFxcL25vLWltYWdlLnBuZz9pZD0yNjRhMmRiZTM3MGYyYzY3NWZjZFwiLFwib3B0aW9uc1wiOltdfSIsImhhc2giOiJhNTg0MThjYjk4OWNiOGNjYmEyNjE4YThkZjgzNzU4Yzk5YTIzNTliIn0=/s-34-86-34086-xlarge.jpg[/img]
I know the feeling, I'm still struggling with this..........

jasonv43 wrote:
Holy shit!!!

Blast from the past. What's up bro?
Hey!....how have you been?

The Shop

TeamGreen
12/19/2019 1:41pm
OldPro277 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

OldPro277 wrote:
Yes Steve left for his own personal reasons and seems to be quite fine with his decision. Very disappointing for the fans back then, for sure...
Yes Steve left for his own personal reasons and seems to be quite fine with his decision. Very disappointing for the fans back then, for sure.

For Travis and anyone else that feels that Journey is better with Arnel than Steve I present this, direct from Wikipedia, lol

Journey is an American rock band that formed in San Francisco in 1973, composed of former members of Santana and Frumious Bandersnatch. The band has gone through several phases; its strongest commercial success occurred between 1978 and 1987 when Steve Perry was lead vocalist. During that period, the band released a series of hit songs, including "Don't Stop Believin'" (1981), which in 2009 became the top-selling track in iTunes history among songs not released in the 21st century.[7][8] Its parent studio album, Escape, the band's seventh and most successful, reached No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and yielded another of their most popular singles, "Open Arms". Its 1983 follow-up album, Frontiers, was almost as successful in the United States, reaching No. 2 and spawning several successful singles

Sales have resulted in one diamond, ten platinum (including seven consecutive multi-platinum albums between 1978 and 1987) and three gold albums. They have had eighteen Top 40 singles in the U.S. (the second most without a Billboard Hot 100 number one single behind Electric Light Orchestra with 20), six of which reached the Top 10 of the US chart and two of which reached No. 1 on other Billboard charts, and a No. 6 hit on the UK Singles Chart in "Don't Stop Believin'". In 2005, "Don't Stop Believin'" reached No. 3 on iTunes downloads. Originally a progressive rock band, Journey was described by AllMusic as having cemented a reputation as "one of America's most beloved commercial rock/pop bands" by 1978, when they redefined their sound by embracing pop arrangements on their fourth album, Infinity.[9]
And finally-- when they were inducted into the Rock HOF in 2017, Steve Perry was an inductee, not any of the replacement singers.
For anyone growing up in the 70's/80's the ONLY Journey is the Steve Perry Journey.
And before anyone busts my balls-- Neal Schon, Jonathan Cain, Ross and all the original members AND current members are all great musicians and still sound great !!! Just not putting out the "feel" of the Perry era. Again, just my opinion........
Mr. Speaker,

I'd like to revise and extend my remarks as I concur with the gentleman from Avonmore, PA USA

12/19/2019 2:09pm
Bruce Jenner leaving Team Dude? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/19/392602/s1200_7ADF000C_4CE5_494E_8A9C_2C6C9CA9CD93.jpg[/img]
Bruce Jenner leaving Team Dude?

I dont voted you not because i disagree, just because it makes me want to puke.
OldPro277
12/19/2019 2:58pm
TeamGreen wrote:

OldPro277 wrote:
Yes Steve left for his own personal reasons and seems to be quite fine with his decision. Very disappointing for the fans back then, for sure...

TeamGreen wrote:
Mr. Speaker,

I'd like to revise and extend my remarks as I concur with the gentleman from Avonmore, PA USA

That made me spit out my tea !! Woohoo And thank you ,lol
Uncle Tony
12/19/2019 3:04pm
Bruce Jenner leaving Team Dude? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/19/392602/s1200_7ADF000C_4CE5_494E_8A9C_2C6C9CA9CD93.jpg[/img]

I’m appalled
12/19/2019 6:13pm

Would anyone hit it?
erickx450
12/19/2019 6:23pm
They are just bikes.

These guys are business men now.

Pay me enough money and Ill ride a 97 CR250 next year.
I’ll ride a ‘97 for free yo!
WowWowWubzy
12/20/2019 8:27am

Would anyone hit it?
LMFAO !!

Post a reply to: These just don't look right...

The Latest