These guys sure were proud of themselves...

Badd127
Fantasy
2116th
5/22/2017 11:49am
Vital MX Gold!
Frodad78 wrote:
HAHA!!

I was just about to suggest some photo shop fun lol.

man I hope this gets back to these guys. classless fools.
KGAspeed wrote:
This really isn't any better guys. Rise above these people - that's the example we are trying to set here right ML512? In 2017 the use...
This really isn't any better guys. Rise above these people - that's the example we are trying to set here right ML512? In 2017 the use of "retard" and "homo" isn't cool.

I 100% agree that what these guys did is completely beyond pathetic and shows their lack of class and general IQ.
X2
dirtnapper
5/22/2017 11:57am
But seriously, those two idiots really are gnarwhip and rutsmash, correct??
Tongue
5/22/2017 12:00pm
Pretty stupid of them, Marvin's a great guy and awesome competitor. I'm just not a fan of his cross jumping
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
5/22/2017 12:03pm
gharmon wrote:
I'm sure it's because Marvin isn't American or they're just that big of a Tomac fan boy. I'm a big Tomac fan (I like Dungey as...
I'm sure it's because Marvin isn't American or they're just that big of a Tomac fan boy. I'm a big Tomac fan (I like Dungey as well) and I'm always pulling for the Americans to win. But I've had to come to realization about Marvin, the boy is a damn good fellow. If you cant like MM you need to look in the mirror as that is where the problem lies.. Marvin and his wife are two young kids living a dream that he's worked his ass off for (and she's been by his side the whole way).

If I'll ever be okay with a foreigner winning a title here it will be when Marvin wins one (I know he won the lites title in SX and i'm proud of the boy).

There's dumbass's in every discipline and all over the world. Some of you like to say all Nascar fans are redneck hillbillies. It's just not so. Sure, some are but I know a lot of great, normal people whom just happen to love Nascar (I don't care for it personally). As far as just stupid Americans, well the rest of the world has idiots to.
Yep, well said.

The Shop

GangGreen
5/22/2017 12:39pm
Crush wrote:
I mean, it's not even funny.

JRT812 wrote:
X2... at least bring some good context to it
TriRacer27 wrote:
I agree. At least get creative. Maybe something about how Marv saw the white flag and thought it meant he had to surrender. Or like one...
I agree. At least get creative. Maybe something about how Marv saw the white flag and thought it meant he had to surrender.

Or like one shirt I saw from a Bagget fan at Dallas that had a picture of him wheeling off the line said "My favorite wheelie boy".

Some fans can poke fun at riders in good taste, and I think it's great. These guys are too dumb to make anything funny, and heckling his mechanic and wife is over the line.
They're anger should be directed at the AMA for NOT enforcing the rules.

TriRacer wrote, "Maybe something about how Marv saw the white flag and thought it meant he had to surrender." NOW, THAT'S FUNNY.
5/22/2017 12:48pm
GuyB wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/05/22/197185/s1200_hangtownahole.jpg[/img] They're right up there with this guy, who was loudly yelling insults at Ryan Dungey, who was on top of the hill, watching the action...

They're right up there with this guy, who was loudly yelling insults at Ryan Dungey, who was on top of the hill, watching the action.

When I caught up with him later, and asked if he was the guy yelling, he smugly said, "Yeah."

I shot a few photos, and told him, "Cool. Now I have images of the biggest asshole at Hangtown."
Dwight!?!?
dedi684
5/22/2017 12:50pm
Harassment not ok. Free speech ok.
5/22/2017 12:52pm
Sucks that there's people in this sport that have to act like that but it's nothing new. James used to deal with racism pretty bad, his entire family actually. I think I remember him saying Southwick was especially bad.
5/22/2017 12:54pm
KGAspeed wrote:
This really isn't any better guys. Rise above these people - that's the example we are trying to set here right ML512? In 2017 the use...
This really isn't any better guys. Rise above these people - that's the example we are trying to set here right ML512? In 2017 the use of "retard" and "homo" isn't cool.

I 100% agree that what these guys did is completely beyond pathetic and shows their lack of class and general IQ.
I was awaiting the language police to show up. Welcome!
Rdubs19
5/22/2017 1:01pm
Devil's advocate here. Marv is a grown man married to a hottie with at least a million bucks rolling into the bank account every year. He'll live.
These guys are dickwads but I'm glad there's fans out there who care enough to be a dickhead about something. Fans of other sports get much, much uglier and everybody lives. Of course we still all have the right to criticize these guys.
From the moment I saw the NJSX, I felt bad for Ryan and Marv, even though I was not a fan of the stunt they pulled. I felt bad because they were two young guys who I'm sure did not expect the enormous negative blowback from the fans. On some level, it's going to follow them permanently.
Jroc
Fantasy
2490th
5/22/2017 1:01pm
Although I really didn't like that move over by my Marvin those guys are morons. I didn't like the move but I still like Marvin as a racer.
peelout
5/22/2017 1:06pm
here's my version...

and if you enhance the glasses reflection, looks like someone else didn't appreciate this douche-rocket's attitude either

KennyT
Fantasy
479th
5/22/2017 1:15pm
Are you saying you've never seen the "F*ck Jimmy Johnson" shirts?
jmx411 wrote:
Yea what's your point? No one likes Jimmie Johnson.
ML512 wrote:
I'm a Jimmie Johnson fan.
Me too. He came from nothing in So Cal, raced Moto and off road and now he is the 2nd most successful NASCAR driver of all time. Not to mention he has a smoking hot wife and they do amazing charity work even with his tight schedule
4rings
5/22/2017 1:17pm
Lmfao I bet those guys smashed their TV and threw it off the roof when RD won NY SX.

Designed and purchased custom t-shirts... to harass a pro athlete... next level butthurt
newmann
5/22/2017 1:22pm
KGAspeed wrote:

Might want to find someone else to complain to as Vital mods used to give out awards using some of the same language above.

Those two clueless goofs should expect a bit of shit for what they started. Marvin is one of the nicest guys out there and his wife is just pure class. Not two people you could pick on and expect it to go your way.
peelout
5/22/2017 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2017 1:24pm
jmx411 wrote:
Yea what's your point? No one likes Jimmie Johnson.
ML512 wrote:
I'm a Jimmie Johnson fan.
KennyT wrote:
Me too. He came from nothing in So Cal, raced Moto and off road and now he is the 2nd most successful NASCAR driver of all...
Me too. He came from nothing in So Cal, raced Moto and off road and now he is the 2nd most successful NASCAR driver of all time. Not to mention he has a smoking hot wife and they do amazing charity work even with his tight schedule
i had already taken my shirt off when i read "f*ck Jimmy Johns"

but then i realized he wasn't talking about the sandwich king, so i put it back on and am now thinking about whether i want a #10 or a #14 for lunch.

Jimmie Johnson is cool too tho
JW381
5/22/2017 1:24pm
KGAspeed wrote:

I was awaiting the language police to show up. Welcome!
I also take issue with the use of "retard", when you get down to it it's pretty low to use that word the way it gets thrown around. For what it's worth.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
5/22/2017 1:28pm
Ya just had to move over Marv... ya just had to.
Lucifa.
5/22/2017 1:29pm
TDeath21 wrote:
And you're giving them exactly what they want by posting this picture on an extremely popular MX site. Shitty people that's for sure.
No, I'd call it lighting up an active target.
5/22/2017 1:36pm
While i don't agree with the harassment of his wife and team, you guys would be really butthurt if you attended a hockey game at which the road team was losing against a rival. I guess racing is different because one mistake could end really bad.
Excaliburbmx
5/22/2017 1:41pm
I think the shirts are ok and saying the are printing some pullovers this fall is funny.

Talking shit to his wife is classless but the rest is ok.
Kawisrok
5/22/2017 1:43pm
As I said before cuz people seem to forget.... Fan is short for fanatical and the definition of fanatical is?????

fa·nat·i·cal
fəˈnadək(ə)l/Submit
adjective
filled with excessive and single-minded zeal.
"fanatical revolutionaries"
synonyms: zealous, extremist, extreme, militant, dogmatic, radical, diehard; More
obsessively concerned with something.
"he was fanatical about security at night"
synonyms: enthusiastic, eager, keen, overkeen, fervent, ardent, passionate; More

So, their actions are about on par with the very definition, correct? LoL...
dcg141
5/22/2017 1:56pm
Actually I find it funny that it gets under those guys skin that much.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
5/22/2017 2:05pm
Was this before or after they had sex with each other? Never mind, don't want to know specifics...
zehn
5/22/2017 2:05pm
Kawisrok wrote:
As I said before cuz people seem to forget.... Fan is short for fanatical and the definition of fanatical is????? fa·nat·i·cal fəˈnadək(ə)l/Submit adjective filled with excessive...
As I said before cuz people seem to forget.... Fan is short for fanatical and the definition of fanatical is?????

fa·nat·i·cal
fəˈnadək(ə)l/Submit
adjective
filled with excessive and single-minded zeal.
"fanatical revolutionaries"
synonyms: zealous, extremist, extreme, militant, dogmatic, radical, diehard; More
obsessively concerned with something.
"he was fanatical about security at night"
synonyms: enthusiastic, eager, keen, overkeen, fervent, ardent, passionate; More

So, their actions are about on par with the very definition, correct? LoL...
Their actions are not consistent with the way the word is used 99.9% of the time.

Why are you even trying to argue semantics in a thread about a couple of douchebags?
5/22/2017 2:06pm
I bet you they wire-wheeled their stock pipes to give them that custom factory look, but they went too far and ground some holes in them. Now they are all blowed out and make a wicked pinging sound when they ride. Of course they're angry.
bad juju
5/22/2017 2:11pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Along with some really good verbal insults and see where that goes.

Feel free I got your back!! hahaha...

Post a reply to: These guys sure were proud of themselves...

The Latest