There goes the championship

TDeath21
4/19/2015 10:06pm
chillrich wrote:
Much respect for RV, but if he returns next year and wins MXGP.... WOW
hopefully he will do another season. But this one aint over yet. People called it, the other top dogs will have bad races to. But point...
hopefully he will do another season. But this one aint over yet. People called it, the other top dogs will have bad races to. But point wise, i dont see him catch up?
He's essentially an entire round behind three outstanding riders (Nagl, Desalle, Cairoli). I don't see him gaining 50 points on ALL of them. One? Maybe. Two? Unlikely. Three? Nearly impossible.
Detroit Dick
4/19/2015 11:13pm
Ive been watchin on the sidelines for a couple of weeks, but now ive decided to join. Racerx went all big brother on their members so...
Ive been watchin on the sidelines for a couple of weeks, but now ive decided to join. Racerx went all big brother on their members so ive stopped going there. Your comment was reason enough to provoke. Wisdom is hard to find, and you sir have plenty of it. For all our knowledge, either side of the pond, gained from bench racing for countless years, we still seem to forget one thing time and time again...this is a motorsport. All of these guys could still get injured or have mechanicals. RV could still win this.
Thanks L-F. Although I'm pullin hard for RV to lay a hurtin' on the field what I really want to see is some intense racing and this MXGP season is delivering the goods! I'm 54 years old and when I got into the sport the Europeans-Decoster/Bauer/Wolsink/ Mikkola/Weil-were totally dominant. They came over and showed us how it was done and did so for the most part with style and grace. Look At Roger D. as far as I'm concerned he's the biggest reason this sport took off and then thrived in the U.S. I think more than a few VMX members have no real sense of the history of the sport and therefore are a bit freaked that RV isn't winning every weekend. They seem to forget that lots of top euros who struggle at first over here are dealing with the same challenges that RVs having now. The best of them who stick around eventually do their fair share of winning here too. As a kid my idol was Brad Lackey and it took him 10 years to win the World Championship and become the first American to do so. That kind of focus and determination is unheard of today. I'd hate to read what many of the fanboys around here would have to say about an American today who put in that kind of work in pursuit of the title. I'd bet most of the one's round' here doing the eurobashing don't even own a passport. They are intimidated by anything that rattles their narrow view of a world that exists only in relation to the USA. RV is not one of them. He knew it was going to be much harder to thrive in MXGP than to defend his titles here at home and still he took on the challenge rather than take the easy route. The very least we American motocross fans can do is not throw in the towel as long as he's out their doing battle. I had plenty of respect for RVs talents on the bike before this year but now I have respect for him as a man. He's shown himself to be one hell of a guy as well as one of the fastest men on the planet. Now if we can just get Bubba to join him over there next year things could get really interesting...
cappelmans
4/20/2015 12:40am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2015 5:24am
h&m_cycle wrote:
RV is not the only one going to have some DNF's.
cappelmans wrote:
^^ This, and it's still early in the championship season.
Stefan82 wrote:
But he's now a 4th place guy and losing a lot of points, even without that DNF he'd have 142.
I agree, it is a big points gap but I think he is still able to get back into the points. In the past seasons not many MXGP riders were able to get a top finish on a steady basis except Cairol. I think Villopoto can capitalize on that in the coming races.
4/20/2015 5:13am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2015 5:33am
TDeath21 wrote:
He's essentially an entire round behind three outstanding riders (Nagl, Desalle, Cairoli). I don't see him gaining 50 points on ALL of them. One? Maybe. Two...
He's essentially an entire round behind three outstanding riders (Nagl, Desalle, Cairoli). I don't see him gaining 50 points on ALL of them. One? Maybe. Two? Unlikely. Three? Nearly impossible.
Yeah its to much i believe? But maybe this will help him to find that little extra without any pressure ?

The Shop

Crush
4/20/2015 5:24am
TDeath21 wrote:
He's essentially an entire round behind three outstanding riders (Nagl, Desalle, Cairoli). I don't see him gaining 50 points on ALL of them. One? Maybe. Two...
Yeah its to much i believe? But maybe this will help him to find that little extra without any pressure ?
He's a lot of points behind one guy who finishes seasons and two guys who almost always go out injured or with multiple dnfs... I'm sure nothing is over with 14 rounds to go... Think about it. 14 rounds. That's two more than the entire national series!
h&m_cycle
4/20/2015 5:28am
Crush wrote:
He's a lot of points behind one guy who finishes seasons and two guys who almost always go out injured or with multiple dnfs... I'm sure...
He's a lot of points behind one guy who finishes seasons and two guys who almost always go out injured or with multiple dnfs... I'm sure nothing is over with 14 rounds to go... Think about it. 14 rounds. That's two more than the entire national series!
Yeah, that blows, 17 supercross races & only 12 nationals, switch those #'s around.
4/20/2015 5:31am
Crush wrote:
He's a lot of points behind one guy who finishes seasons and two guys who almost always go out injured or with multiple dnfs... I'm sure...
Yeah i hope you are right. Kinda sucks to see anyone crash out. The nature of the beast i guess. Any news about Ryan? I saw the latest comment on twitter but anything else?
4/20/2015 5:32am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2015 5:34am
h&m_cycle wrote:
Yeah, that blows, 17 supercross races & only 12 nationals, switch those #'s around.
Agreed we need more outdoors !!!
Crush
4/20/2015 5:37am
Crush wrote:
Yeah i hope you are right. Kinda sucks to see anyone crash out. The nature of the beast i guess. Any news about Ryan? I saw...
Yeah i hope you are right. Kinda sucks to see anyone crash out. The nature of the beast i guess. Any news about Ryan? I saw the latest comment on twitter but anything else?
It's a long year! I dunno man, I just watched that facebook vid and I got this feeling like it might just be the thing that wakes RV the fuck up...

He's got a history of going apeshit when his back is against a wall.

4/20/2015 5:40am
Crush wrote:
Yeah i hope you are right. Kinda sucks to see anyone crash out. The nature of the beast i guess. Any news about Ryan? I saw...
Crush wrote:
It's a long year! I dunno man, I just watched that [url=https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206640773720810]facebook vid[/url] and I got this feeling like it might just be the thing that...
It's a long year! I dunno man, I just watched that facebook vid and I got this feeling like it might just be the thing that wakes RV the fuck up...

He's got a history of going apeshit when his back is against a wall . True, it will be very interesting at the valk!!!
4/20/2015 5:52am
chillrich wrote:
Much respect for RV, but if he returns next year and wins MXGP.... WOW
He would need that second season. I bloody hope he is considering to go for another season!
4/20/2015 5:55am
Crush wrote:
It's a long year! I dunno man, I just watched that [url=https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206640773720810]facebook vid[/url] and I got this feeling like it might just be the thing that...

btw that bike was even worse than i thought.
4/20/2015 1:45pm

sometimes brilliant, not dominating, some adjustment issue, just like Villopoto here in Gp's.

does it means they (all of them, i mean) are slow? no fucking way.

The Rock
4/20/2015 7:39pm
What does that have to do with anything? You are giving us American's a bad rap with all of your USA chest thumping. Give it a rest for God's sake.

Post a reply to: There goes the championship

The Latest