There goes the championship

PastranaWho
Edited Date/Time 4/20/2015 7:39pm
Angry NFM!!! i guess its about winning a few motos here and there now to stay relevent. Big respect for Nagl guy is a class act and im definitely jumping on the bandwagon. I hope RV is ok and gets back out there next week.
|
h&m_cycle
4/19/2015 10:20am
RV is not the only one going to have some DNF's.
kongols
4/19/2015 10:22am
All the old pro`s said right away that you can`t just come over and win World Championship right away. I really hoped RV would prove them wrong. Damn. Maybe next year. Hope he does another one.
PastranaWho
4/19/2015 10:23am
h&m_cycle wrote:
True im just pretty bummed right now. Let me go out and clear my headWinkCool

The Shop

4/19/2015 10:26am
Maybe next year. But maybe this will take some pressure of his shoulders and now he can focus on one thing, to win races, not to settle in or salvage ? A bummer for sure. Hope he is fine. And yeah you have to give it up for NAGL, he is riding like a beast.
HenryJ77
4/19/2015 10:29am
I'm pretty sure he's said multiply times that if he wins or loses, this is his last year.
zippy895
4/19/2015 10:33am
HenryJ77 wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's said multiply times that if he wins or loses, this is his last year.
I take it,you did not listen to his latest interview.he seems to of softened up on the "my last year" comment.
kongols
4/19/2015 10:37am
HenryJ77 wrote:
zippy895 wrote:
I take it,you did not listen to his latest interview.he seems to of softened up on the "my last year" comment.
Where was that? So you say there is a chance?

PastranaWho
4/19/2015 10:39am
HenryJ77 wrote:
zippy895 wrote:
kongols wrote:
Where was that? So you say there is a chance? [img]http://img.pandawhale.com/50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-toCD.jpeg[/img]
Where was that? So you say there is a chance?

machine
4/19/2015 10:40am
HenryJ77 wrote:
zippy895 wrote:
That must has been before the crash...haha..
machine
4/19/2015 10:41am
:angry: NFM!!! i guess its about winning a few motos here and there now to stay relevent. Big respect for Nagl guy is a class act...
Angry NFM!!! i guess its about winning a few motos here and there now to stay relevent. Big respect for Nagl guy is a class act and im definitely jumping on the bandwagon. I hope RV is ok and gets back out there next week.
Feel the same man..it's a real bummer. I suppose this could lighten the pressure on him now..he's admitted that there's been a HUGE weight on his shoulders with this whole thing.
4/19/2015 10:41am
I think there is a little jumping the gun here. RV has come back from deficits before and still won. You're also assuming that AC, CD, MN and GP will miraculously finish the season without incident. Provided he is not hurt badly that is.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/19/2015 10:48am
kongols wrote:
Can you give me short story? I ain`t clicking on Geoffs link.
normally i would agree with you, but this is a good interview, with a number of people asking questions, its worth the link, even for the dirty feeling that reading mxlarge gives you,

its to good of an interview to bullet point,
Cygnus
4/19/2015 10:59am
I hope his fishing poles have fresh line and his guns are all sighted in because he may be using them sooner than we all thought.
Seamorbutts
4/19/2015 11:00am
Uh, I hear you but Nagl blew his doors off today. lol
4/19/2015 11:03am
The amount of pieces he has to chose from gets smaller every week, "The fastest guys in the world are at Bonneville every year but they are useless on a GP track" Chinese proverb.
4/19/2015 11:16am

a brave statement, since he didn't do a single overtake from the beginning of the season to any of his contenders (and, in turn be overtaken quite a few times), except in Thailand moto one, where he started first and flew away
machine
4/19/2015 11:22am
thegoblin wrote:
a brave statement, since he didn't do a single overtake from the beginning of the season to any of his contenders (and, in turn be overtaken...

a brave statement, since he didn't do a single overtake from the beginning of the season to any of his contenders (and, in turn be overtaken quite a few times), except in Thailand moto one, where he started first and flew away
This is true and probably the most disappointing thing about it all. The top 3 are just a little bit faster and Tony seems to be able to wick it up when he has to, to stay in front. RV is a 4th place guy right now until he can figure it out, what ever it is...Do I really think he isn't capable of 1st place?...nope. Too much to adjust to in one year.
4/19/2015 11:40am
thegoblin wrote:
a brave statement, since he didn't do a single overtake from the beginning of the season to any of his contenders (and, in turn be overtaken...

machine wrote:
This is true and probably the most disappointing thing about it all. The top 3 are just a little bit faster and Tony seems to be...
This is true and probably the most disappointing thing about it all. The top 3 are just a little bit faster and Tony seems to be able to wick it up when he has to, to stay in front. RV is a 4th place guy right now until he can figure it out, what ever it is...Do I really think he isn't capable of 1st place?...nope. Too much to adjust to in one year.

I can't really figure out what's going on, honestly.

Race one, stuck in the gate.
Race two, brilliant win on a moto and an average ride on the other one
Race three, 4-4, as a midpack racer
Race four, roll over after a wheelie

it's not what you'd expect from a rookye, let alone a champ as Villopoto.

my two cents, he's "somewhere" else, and this feeling was probably doubled from the unexpected speed, consistency, stamina and intensity from Desalle, Nagl and Cairoli, but from Febvre, Simpson or Van Horeebeck also, who were a real pain in the ass in some of the previous race.

Don't really know...
A. DLeary
4/19/2015 11:45am
He came over, didn't do enough testing or riding, refused to do any pre-season races, and should've listened to his team more for bike setup.

He's now behind on fitness, chasing a bike setup that will work and has lost confidence. I don't feel things will get better for him.
DownSouth
4/19/2015 11:47am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2015 11:48am
h&m_cycle wrote:
All AC222's competition always has DNFs and so does he on occasion. AC is the master at avoiding it himself and that is why no one has finished within 88 points of him in the last 5 years that he has won the title. In 2009 Nagl finished within 36 points of AC during his first 450 world title.

Year / margin / second place
2009 / 36 / Nagl
2010 / 88 / Desalle
2011 / 124 / Frossard
2012 / 98 / Desalle
2013 / 90 / Desalle
2014 / 119 / Van Horebeek

ChrisB10
4/19/2015 12:08pm
thegoblin wrote:

It's not brave, we've just watched the guy for like 8 years now. We know what he looks like when he's on his game and right now he's not. If you think this is RV at his best and he's just getting waxed by guys he's beaten before then you're an idiot.
Xsenter
4/19/2015 12:39pm
Why not just admit Euro guys are faster and more fit than US riders at this moment. It has been proven over and over again last 3 years at mxdn. This RV thing just proves it ones more.

US riders are better at supercross, but aren't fit enough for GP racing. Cairoli, Desalle and Nagl are gnarly dudes. They have proven that many times... not just this season.

All respect to US riders... Very talented and technical. They are impressive in their on way. But in GP' s it's a different deal.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
4/19/2015 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2015 12:48pm
kongols wrote:
All the old pro`s said right away that you can`t just come over and win World Championship right away. I really hoped RV would prove them...
All the old pro`s said right away that you can`t just come over and win World Championship right away. I really hoped RV would prove them wrong. Damn. Maybe next year. Hope he does another one.
X2 on that.
motomike137
4/19/2015 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2015 12:58pm
Xsenter wrote:
Why not just admit Euro guys are faster and more fit than US riders at this moment. It has been proven over and over again last...
Why not just admit Euro guys are faster and more fit than US riders at this moment. It has been proven over and over again last 3 years at mxdn. This RV thing just proves it ones more.

US riders are better at supercross, but aren't fit enough for GP racing. Cairoli, Desalle and Nagl are gnarly dudes. They have proven that many times... not just this season.

All respect to US riders... Very talented and technical. They are impressive in their on way. But in GP' s it's a different deal.
I may have to somewhat agree to the extent that we (the average U.S. moto fan) definitely underestimated how tough the GP boys are. Our outdoor series plays second fiddle to SX here for the most part. Between the two our guys get worn the hell out imho. MXGP riders train for one series and one series only all year every year and it is showing right now. That being said I kinda like the ramifications of this whole scenario. Suddenly after feeling like we owned the sport for so long here in the good old USA and having a string of legendary riders there are some big chinks in our amour. Our eyes are getting opened for sure.
Seamorbutts
4/19/2015 1:01pm
thegoblin wrote:

ChrisB10 wrote:
It's not brave, we've just watched the guy for like 8 years now. We know what he looks like when he's on his game and right...
It's not brave, we've just watched the guy for like 8 years now. We know what he looks like when he's on his game and right now he's not. If you think this is RV at his best and he's just getting waxed by guys he's beaten before then you're an idiot.
I believe this to be correct
zehn
4/19/2015 1:03pm
Xsenter wrote:
Why not just admit Euro guys are faster and more fit than US riders at this moment. It has been proven over and over again last...

MXdN results prove nothing. They're a one-off event, and aren't useful when evaluating and comparing the speed of the top guys from either series (despite what many American guys will tell you).
Seamorbutts
4/19/2015 1:10pm
Xsenter wrote:

zehn wrote:
MXdN results prove nothing. They're a one-off event, and aren't useful when evaluating and comparing the speed of the top guys from either series (despite what...
MXdN results prove nothing. They're a one-off event, and aren't useful when evaluating and comparing the speed of the top guys from either series (despite what many American guys will tell you).
The odds are more even on mutual soil than it is in someone elses back yard, wouldn't you think? Lol
Detroit Dick
4/19/2015 1:16pm
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! Heads up Chicken Littles:
There's a LOT or racing still to be done, and a couple of fortuitous DNFs or injuries could certainly put RV right back in contention. The top 6 guys every weekend have been very evenly matched, and the racing's been outstanding. Chances are excellent that RV will see a few breaks go his way over the summer, and that he'll be right in the mix at season's end. 1st, 3rd, or 5th, RV is a Baaaad Man.

Post a reply to: There goes the championship

The Latest