The year of AC?

JoJmoto
Edited Date/Time 12/20/2013 9:20pm
Ok so how much pressure will AC be under this year from PC? Last year was his rookie season to take time to get to see how things work, I suppose Mitch is letting him know he will be expected to step up this season.. I look for him to be up front...
|
zook11
12/19/2013 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2013 4:58pm
He will win in 2014, take it to the bank!

But I don't think he's under that much pressure because he's still a ROOKIE.
jevyguy
12/19/2013 6:14pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2013 6:15pm
Remember he never raced SX in 13, so 14 will be his rookie SX season.
No Pressure!
No Title!
BigMX
12/19/2013 7:00pm
The way this off season is going with injuries, if he shows up healthy, he'll have a shot at the title!

The Shop

machine
12/19/2013 7:17pm
He has all the makings of a champ...he just has to put it together..
rebus
12/19/2013 7:20pm
Only time will tell.
jleews6
12/19/2013 7:59pm
Great talent but the bad news for him is that there is about 12 to 15 other guys that are just as good or better then him. Its going to be a great year of racing.
Thelen20
12/19/2013 8:08pm
My gut is telling me that he is going to look like the phenom we all thought he was now that he has all his health and strength back! Can't wait, love the kid!!!
Old-Man
12/19/2013 8:09pm
Projections- Love'em!

12/19/2013 8:17pm
My prediction: He won't score points in every SX round, but will be constant podium contender outside if he is healthy.
12/19/2013 9:22pm
With the exception of the whoops....SX really suits his technique. He is a very refined rider. His corner entry speed is phenomenal, and he has great rhythm section skills. Whoops may be an issue for him. The super small guys are never the fastest there. Fitness and aggressiveness will no longer be an issue as he has fully recovered from his illness and anemia. I think multiple wins are possible....and multiple podiums are a certainty.
bobby397
12/20/2013 2:50am
I'm thinking the year of Webb. Kid was killing at milestone and might had been battling Wilson if not for that tip over.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/20/2013 3:06am
I think he will win another World Championship in 2014 and at least one moto at the MXoN
IWreckALot
12/20/2013 4:47am
TripleFive wrote:
My prediction: He won't score points in every SX round, but will be constant podium contender outside if he is healthy.
This is where I'm at too. We see it time and time again where rookies come in and they certainly have the speed but there is just something about having the experience on a rookie that helps make passes or make things happen. He hasn't gone through the whole learning curve yet and I expect he might have one or two learning opportunities this season. I'm pulling for him though. I'd love to see a rookie come out and stick it to all the veterans.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
12/20/2013 5:34am
IWreckALot wrote:
This is where I'm at too. We see it time and time again where rookies come in and they certainly have the speed but there is...
This is where I'm at too. We see it time and time again where rookies come in and they certainly have the speed but there is just something about having the experience on a rookie that helps make passes or make things happen. He hasn't gone through the whole learning curve yet and I expect he might have one or two learning opportunities this season. I'm pulling for him though. I'd love to see a rookie come out and stick it to all the veterans.
Yep, X2
robkinuk
12/20/2013 5:38am
aaryn #234 wrote:
I think he will win another World Championship in 2014 and at least one moto at the MXoN
Agreed, there's only one AC in Motocross and he rides #222!Wink
oshow
12/20/2013 5:43am
He will be in the hunt for the SX title.
shredder22
12/20/2013 5:55am
With the exception of the whoops....SX really suits his technique. He is a very refined rider. His corner entry speed is phenomenal, and he has great...
With the exception of the whoops....SX really suits his technique. He is a very refined rider. His corner entry speed is phenomenal, and he has great rhythm section skills. Whoops may be an issue for him. The super small guys are never the fastest there. Fitness and aggressiveness will no longer be an issue as he has fully recovered from his illness and anemia. I think multiple wins are possible....and multiple podiums are a certainty.
He's not "the super small guy" anymore. He's grown quite a bit and was taller than some of his teammates in the last pc photoshoot.
BroFoSho
12/20/2013 7:41am
If he is the prodigy that he is claimed to be he should be contending for wins (and get wins) indoors, although not necessarily a title. But he should be winning motos and the title outdoors.

That's what RV and Carmichael did
peelout
12/20/2013 9:48am
With the exception of the whoops....SX really suits his technique. He is a very refined rider. His corner entry speed is phenomenal, and he has great...
umm... from the pics i've seen he's the tallest bro on the team besides Wilson

someone hit a growth spurt. with Aldon and RV in his corner, i think it would be silly to bet against AC this year. only way he doesn't win is if Deano is in his same region. IMO.
Olson
12/20/2013 9:54am
That is one brave soul.. to take Cairolis nickname.
stewie94
12/20/2013 10:35am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2013 10:36am
cooper is goona get a 250 sx title before adam does. im interested in what adam can do
bartoner
12/20/2013 1:06pm
Olson wrote:
That is one brave soul.. to take Cairolis nickname.
lol...i see what you did there...
FlaNard
12/20/2013 1:12pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
Agreed, there's only one AC in Motocross and he rides #222!Wink
True, but nobody wants to take the time to learn how to correctly spell Adams last name. Laughing
12/20/2013 5:48pm
shredder22 wrote:
He's not "the super small guy" anymore. He's grown quite a bit and was taller than some of his teammates in the last pc photoshoot.
Wow...I had not seen that pic. Damn he has gotten a lot taller. That will help him even more.
12/20/2013 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2013 6:19pm
Stewie94,

Care to offer some explanation. I am always perplexed by people like you who just make such statements...and then offer NO rationale. Is that just what your "gut" tells you?

We dont have a lot of comparison to do between AC and Coop as it relates to SX. Here is what we DO have:

2011 MEC Super-Mini, Heat 1

WINNERS (Adam C) AVERAGE LAP TIME: 1:37.992
SECOND PLACE (Cooper W) AVERAGE LAP TIME: 1:39.833

That is a BIG difference

2011 MEC Super-Mini, Heat 2

WINNERS (Adam C) AVERAGE LAP TIME: 1:37.336
SECOND PLACE (Cooper W) AVERAGE LAP TIME: 1:37.835

Closer...but AC still had Coop handled...

What about 2012 on 250fs...

In Qualifying...AC was 1:12.2. Cooper was 1:14.2. That is a lot of time...especially considering that was ACs first real race on a 250f...and Coop had been racing one all season! In heat 1...AC was super super nervous...and got a terrible start. He then started moving forward...but lost the front and went down. McCellrath won...and Coop was 2nd. In heat 2...AC got the hole shot...and Dominated. Coop got the overall by a point due to ACs fall in Moto 1. It is hard to compare lap times...as AC had a clean track in Moto 2...while Coop was coming through traffic...but ACs fast lap was 1:11.4. Coops fast lap was 1:12.1

Overall...I see all evidence pointing to AC being stronger and a more natual fit in SX. I have said it numerous times...I think AC will be the more dominant rider in SX...while Coop will be at his best outdoors.

To me....Coop is like Blake Bagget (not a lot of motion on the bike)...and AC is like Dungey as far their riding attitudes go. We may not even get to see. It is ironic how little these guys have raced each other over the years....and there is a chance one could end up east...and the other west...so we STILL may not get the head to head match up.

From watching the way they ride...AC looks more like an SX rider. He is more dynamic on the bike...with a lot of forward and aft movement. He also has insane entry speed...which is super important in SX because you have high speed rhythm sections which lead into 180 bowls. There just seems to be more finesse to ACs riding...which is helpful in SX.

Coop on the other hand....he is so good in the ruts...but that wont help much in SX. He will be great no doubt...but I just see his style being at its best outdoors.

Here is a Coop vid...SX testing (albeit on a 450)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc51ivBUTvs

I am not sure what it is about how he rides...but he just seems more an MX rider...

Here are some AC SX vids... even from 4 years ago...you can see that he moves around a lot more on the bike...which provides a lot more tools to adjust jump trajectories as speed...and change things up which is a key skill in SX where you have to sometimes go to a plan B in a split second...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sASEBjAaN8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrrkXz8OzsI

We will know soon enough....
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
12/20/2013 6:46pm
Stewie94, Care to offer some explanation. I am always perplexed by people like you who just make such statements...and then offer NO rationale. Is that just...
Stewie94,

Care to offer some explanation. I am always perplexed by people like you who just make such statements...and then offer NO rationale. Is that just what your "gut" tells you?

We dont have a lot of comparison to do between AC and Coop as it relates to SX. Here is what we DO have:

2011 MEC Super-Mini, Heat 1

WINNERS (Adam C) AVERAGE LAP TIME: 1:37.992
SECOND PLACE (Cooper W) AVERAGE LAP TIME: 1:39.833

That is a BIG difference

2011 MEC Super-Mini, Heat 2

WINNERS (Adam C) AVERAGE LAP TIME: 1:37.336
SECOND PLACE (Cooper W) AVERAGE LAP TIME: 1:37.835

Closer...but AC still had Coop handled...

What about 2012 on 250fs...

In Qualifying...AC was 1:12.2. Cooper was 1:14.2. That is a lot of time...especially considering that was ACs first real race on a 250f...and Coop had been racing one all season! In heat 1...AC was super super nervous...and got a terrible start. He then started moving forward...but lost the front and went down. McCellrath won...and Coop was 2nd. In heat 2...AC got the hole shot...and Dominated. Coop got the overall by a point due to ACs fall in Moto 1. It is hard to compare lap times...as AC had a clean track in Moto 2...while Coop was coming through traffic...but ACs fast lap was 1:11.4. Coops fast lap was 1:12.1

Overall...I see all evidence pointing to AC being stronger and a more natual fit in SX. I have said it numerous times...I think AC will be the more dominant rider in SX...while Coop will be at his best outdoors.

To me....Coop is like Blake Bagget (not a lot of motion on the bike)...and AC is like Dungey as far their riding attitudes go. We may not even get to see. It is ironic how little these guys have raced each other over the years....and there is a chance one could end up east...and the other west...so we STILL may not get the head to head match up.

From watching the way they ride...AC looks more like an SX rider. He is more dynamic on the bike...with a lot of forward and aft movement. He also has insane entry speed...which is super important in SX because you have high speed rhythm sections which lead into 180 bowls. There just seems to be more finesse to ACs riding...which is helpful in SX.

Coop on the other hand....he is so good in the ruts...but that wont help much in SX. He will be great no doubt...but I just see his style being at its best outdoors.

Here is a Coop vid...SX testing (albeit on a 450)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc51ivBUTvs

I am not sure what it is about how he rides...but he just seems more an MX rider...

Here are some AC SX vids... even from 4 years ago...you can see that he moves around a lot more on the bike...which provides a lot more tools to adjust jump trajectories as speed...and change things up which is a key skill in SX where you have to sometimes go to a plan B in a split second...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sASEBjAaN8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrrkXz8OzsI

We will know soon enough....
No offense but I could not disagree more. You can not compare how someone rides a mini to a big bike. And cooper moves around a ton on the bike.
jleews6
12/20/2013 7:10pm
bobby397 wrote:
I'm thinking the year of Webb. Kid was killing at milestone and might had been battling Wilson if not for that tip over.
Im with you on this but I also think that Jeremy Martin will have his share of podiums also. I like them both.

Post a reply to: The year of AC?

The Latest