The window is really getting closed. Roczen

thewrizzle
6/22/2020 11:12pm
Roczen is the same age as Ferrandis, younger than Osborne, younger than Tomac, only 2 years older than Webb, and 3 years older than AC. He’s really not “old”.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
8/9/2020 1:54am
Thought I'd drag and kick the original topic back to life.

Lets hope we see a healthy Ken on the line.
TerryB
8/9/2020 8:48am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2020 9:10am
I read an interview with Stanton and it was early this year and he said Roczen seems to use excuses to much. He has had major...
I read an interview with Stanton and it was early this year and he said Roczen seems to use excuses to much. He has had major injuries that would have folded many other riders.

But could his health problems be from depleting his immune system with vigorous training and constantly racing?

Would sitting out this outdoors season be to a great benefit to his 2021 sx season?
People tend to underestimate the effects of multiple surgeries and anesthesia. Injuries do weaken your immune system. Recovering from surgeries does weaken your immune system. The "real" effects of anesthesia... being brought to near coma/death and back again multiple times... one has to wonder the lasting impact of that. Any time I have had surgery, I have felt "different" for a lack of a better term, for a time afterward. This has been more pronounced with the duration of the surgery/sedation. These are my experiences, maybe I'm an oddball, but the government sure seems convinced that even small amounts of drugs that don't even knock me out, have a lasting or permanent impact on my brain and body. Anesthesia couldn't do that, right? Fifteen rounds of it?
omalley
8/9/2020 7:40pm
I read an interview with Stanton and it was early this year and he said Roczen seems to use excuses to much. He has had major...
I read an interview with Stanton and it was early this year and he said Roczen seems to use excuses to much. He has had major injuries that would have folded many other riders.

But could his health problems be from depleting his immune system with vigorous training and constantly racing?

Would sitting out this outdoors season be to a great benefit to his 2021 sx season?
TerryB wrote:
People tend to underestimate the effects of multiple surgeries and anesthesia. Injuries do weaken your immune system. Recovering from surgeries does weaken your immune system. The...
People tend to underestimate the effects of multiple surgeries and anesthesia. Injuries do weaken your immune system. Recovering from surgeries does weaken your immune system. The "real" effects of anesthesia... being brought to near coma/death and back again multiple times... one has to wonder the lasting impact of that. Any time I have had surgery, I have felt "different" for a lack of a better term, for a time afterward. This has been more pronounced with the duration of the surgery/sedation. These are my experiences, maybe I'm an oddball, but the government sure seems convinced that even small amounts of drugs that don't even knock me out, have a lasting or permanent impact on my brain and body. Anesthesia couldn't do that, right? Fifteen rounds of it?
Agreed, plus the volume and duration of antibiotics he had to take couldn’t have done him any favors, either.

The Shop

Lightning78
8/9/2020 10:05pm
I personally think that 21 will be a good bike for kenny, the 17-20 had a stiff chassis and you could kinda see it on certain sx nights
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
8/9/2020 10:11pm
I personally think that 21 will be a good bike for kenny, the 17-20 had a stiff chassis and you could kinda see it on certain...
I personally think that 21 will be a good bike for kenny, the 17-20 had a stiff chassis and you could kinda see it on certain sx nights
What does a stiff chassis look like?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
8/9/2020 10:19pm
I have to believe most rational people understand there isn't something right with his health, or at least at the end of SX there wasn't. I wouldn't hold it against him if he took some (or all) of the outdoors off given his set of circumstances. Its hard enough as it is to win the outdoors title when a rider is 100% completely healthy going in. Knowing from the get go a rider isn't healthy, makes it that more monumental of a challenge. Why risk it? For us fans? That's dumb. Get your body right (as much as can be) and then get your mind right. Then be ready for SX 2021. Hopefully we're past this stupid Efi'ing virus by then and we can all get back to normal racing.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
8/9/2020 11:12pm
I personally think that 21 will be a good bike for kenny, the 17-20 had a stiff chassis and you could kinda see it on certain...
You mean a Rigit chassis right....sort of what one would need for SX.

Roczen has health issues which he has been dealing with and I hope for the greater of the sport he gets back to where he needs to be. It is a handfull of small health issues combined are hindering his results. I think Roczen will bounce back.

The bike is damn good and is not to blame.
Excaliburbmx
8/10/2020 2:33am
Boomslang wrote:
You mean a Rigit chassis right....sort of what one would need for SX. Roczen has health issues which he has been dealing with and I hope...

Roczen has health issues which he has been dealing with and I hope for the greater of the sport he gets back to where he needs to be. It is a handfull of small health issues combined are hindering his results. I think Roczen will bounce back.

Rigid or stiff either way that’s why you have suspension to work with.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/10/2020 4:31am
It takes years to recover from what Ken has, I’m afraid we will see flashes of brilliance every now and then, but he will probably never be healthy enough to win a title.

I hope I’m wrong.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/10/2020 4:32am
Boomslang wrote:
You mean a Rigit chassis right....sort of what one would need for SX. Roczen has health issues which he has been dealing with and I hope...

A bit more to it than that.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
8/10/2020 6:46am
Boomslang wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
A bit more to it than that.
Exactly, chassis setup is just as important as a good set of suspension.
Momus
8/10/2020 10:06am
Kens out for the Nationals; it's been all but confirmed.

Craig will take his place.

His compromised immune system courtesy of antibiotic induced gut microbe deficiencies and other issues means he will be trying to get healthy, not racing.
TeamGreen
8/10/2020 10:18am
Momus wrote:
Kens out for the Nationals; it's been all but confirmed. Craig will take his place. His compromised immune system courtesy of antibiotic induced gut microbe deficiencies...
Kens out for the Nationals; it's been all but confirmed.

Craig will take his place.

His compromised immune system courtesy of antibiotic induced gut microbe deficiencies and other issues means he will be trying to get healthy, not racing.
That is totally ridiculous.

It makes TOO MUCH SENSE! Laughing

On a less smart-assed point: Sure...It's disappointing to have him sit out the Nationals. But, if it means a better opportuntiy to have him back in the hunt in 2021?
Well, that makes it a no-brainer, for me.

I hope he get's back to 100% & "brings it" next year.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
8/10/2020 10:35am
As I type this, Craig is doing laps on Roczen's bike.
kongols
8/10/2020 10:54am
UpTiTe wrote:
It takes years to recover from what Ken has, I’m afraid we will see flashes of brilliance every now and then, but he will probably never...
It takes years to recover from what Ken has, I’m afraid we will see flashes of brilliance every now and then, but he will probably never be healthy enough to win a title.

I hope I’m wrong.
You are not.
Gilby122
8/10/2020 11:05am

Fridays post from Geico Honda of them loading up had Craig’s 450 in the group.
kage173
8/10/2020 11:28am
thewrizzle wrote:
Roczen is the same age as Ferrandis, younger than Osborne, younger than Tomac, only 2 years older than Webb, and 3 years older than AC. He’s...
Roczen is the same age as Ferrandis, younger than Osborne, younger than Tomac, only 2 years older than Webb, and 3 years older than AC. He’s really not “old”.
That's insane to think about. Dude has been pro for so long.
face biter
8/10/2020 12:14pm
I really hope the rumors are true and he is taking the time off to let his body recover from this, the human body needs rest for recovery, can’t power past that.
Some people think he should keep pushing himself physically and just power through it, I ask those people this question, if you did an oil change on your bike and found a ton of metal shavings in the old oil when you drained it, and it is down on power after the change but overall doesn’t seem too awful bad do you: A) lose some riding time while you go through the engine and make sure it is really ready to go? Cool wring the hell out of it in an attempt to push it past the issue?
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
8/10/2020 12:17pm
face biter wrote:
I really hope the rumors are true and he is taking the time off to let his body recover from this, the human body needs rest...
I really hope the rumors are true and he is taking the time off to let his body recover from this, the human body needs rest for recovery, can’t power past that.
Some people think he should keep pushing himself physically and just power through it, I ask those people this question, if you did an oil change on your bike and found a ton of metal shavings in the old oil when you drained it, and it is down on power after the change but overall doesn’t seem too awful bad do you: A) lose some riding time while you go through the engine and make sure it is really ready to go? Cool wring the hell out of it in an attempt to push it past the issue?
It is entirely possible that he announces retirement.
Payup_199
8/10/2020 12:25pm
They deleted my post about Kenny being out. Rip
mine got deleted too last week about RMATVMC team in trouble.
face biter
8/10/2020 12:26pm
face biter wrote:
I really hope the rumors are true and he is taking the time off to let his body recover from this, the human body needs rest...
Boomslang wrote:
It is entirely possible that he announces retirement.
That would be a sad thing from a fan perspective, but as a fellow human being I can completely understand that he has to do what is right for himself and his family.
I just hope whatever he does leads to a long and happy life.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/10/2020 12:29pm
They deleted my post about Kenny being out. Rip
There are already 2 threads going, why start a third?
Mavetism
8/10/2020 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2020 12:49pm
thewrizzle wrote:
Roczen is the same age as Ferrandis, younger than Osborne, younger than Tomac, only 2 years older than Webb, and 3 years older than AC. He’s...
People think that way because he already started in the 450 at the age of 20. And since then he was a title contender. Crazy to think that i basically started watching the Ama series and supercross because of Roczen. I would be disappointed if he skips outdoors, but since 2018 it's been a rollercoaster watching Ken dealing with illness and late moto fading.
Let's be honest, Roczen is the only one in the US who has the speed to compete with a beast mode Tomac (sadly not on a consistent basis anymore).
I don't wanna talk about what could have happened if he didn't injure himself, because that doesn't matter anymore. How he improved in sx from last year was mindblowing, but also seeing him getting lapped twice one race and winning the next is so weird.
I am gonna be a fan no matter what, for me personally he already has legend status.
If he takes the time off during outdoors I just hope for him that he finally figures all this stuff out. I think that he would have been even better than last year, but who am I to judge about his health status.
Anyway, TEAM #94!
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
8/10/2020 1:03pm
face biter wrote:
Most would put that bad boy up for sale, Your typical: "vet ridden, not raced, never dune ridden, <20 hour, well maintained, oil and air filter changed after every ride dirt bike. Comes with fresh plastics and paddle tire."

I just hope Ken takes it easy and comes out ready to challenge for 2021 SX championship. He's already got his outdoors championship. Focus on SX.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/10/2020 1:59pm
^ 2 of 'em. Focus on SX and land that one, then retire. That would be my plan if I were he.
sandtrack315
8/10/2020 2:55pm
The problem with the idea of taking a ton of time off is that it will take a ton of time to get back in shape and to speed. Say it takes him a full year to recover from what is going on. It's going to take him another full year, at least, to get back up to speed. 2 years is a long time in MX/SX.

No one knows what's best for Kenny better than himself, though. Hard to say "if it were me" when it's not.

Post a reply to: The window is really getting closed. Roczen

The Latest