The virus

Related:
Create New Tag

3/6/2020 4:46 PM

Will it affect the 2020 SX series? Major events like SXSW and many others are being canceled. Not sure what to make of it all and how it will impact the SX and MX series in the U.S.

|

Ex Pro BMX rider. Lover of all 2 wheeled machines.

1978 XR75
1994 KX250
1997 KX250
2008 CRF450
2004 YZ250

3/6/2020 4:48 PM

Please make it stop....FFS....

Photo

|

(The preceding post by Indian Dunes 4ever is heavily laced with Cognitive Bias)


3/6/2020 4:50 PM

I’m no big conspiracy theorist myself but I pose the question because many major events are affected and not because I believe it’s a real threat.

|

Ex Pro BMX rider. Lover of all 2 wheeled machines.

1978 XR75
1994 KX250
1997 KX250
2008 CRF450
2004 YZ250

3/6/2020 5:06 PM

One of my employees was saying how this virus has him really scared. He then proceeds to light a cig.My response was"you know that smoking claims about 450,000 a year, and you are paying good money to join that club."
He hasnt mentioned the corona virus since .

|

3/6/2020 5:08 PM

|

3/6/2020 5:14 PM

Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/6/2020 5:26 PM

Ritavirus tonight

Photo

|

3/6/2020 5:33 PM

Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/6/2020 5:35 PM

Photo
|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!


2006 KX250

3/6/2020 5:35 PM

laughing The only thing that came to mind.
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/6/2020 5:37 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote: Photo

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide

|

3/6/2020 5:38 PM

They are saying only about 14 deaths out of 1000 infected. Not bad odds unless you're in that 14. It can't be avoided or prevented so just roll the dice and carry on. Good luck to us all.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

3/6/2020 5:41 PM

Photo
|

3/6/2020 5:44 PM

newmann wrote:

Ritavirus tonight

Photo

You will pay for trifling with the Ritavirus.

Not as bad as Corona but you may experience some headache in the morning along with dehydration.

The Cure is a band and of little help here but l would recommend either Pedialyte or the always popular "hair of the dog".

|



3/6/2020 6:16 PM

newmann wrote:

Ritavirus tonight

Photo

dimetime wrote:

You will pay for trifling with the Ritavirus.

Not as bad as Corona but you may experience some headache in the morning along with dehydration.

The Cure is a band and of little help here but l would recommend either Pedialyte or the always popular "hair of the dog".

Avoid hangover, don’t stop drinking.

And drink responsibly, don’t spill any.

|

3/6/2020 6:22 PM

I hear what y’all are saying but regardless of political standing or thoughts on how serious you think this is... big company’s are acting. This could take a round or two out of the series and that’s two races with chances to makeup points. What do you think about it pertaining to moto?

|

Ex Pro BMX rider. Lover of all 2 wheeled machines.

1978 XR75
1994 KX250
1997 KX250
2008 CRF450
2004 YZ250

3/6/2020 6:38 PM

I don't understand why so many people define everything based upon which way they think the issue leans politically.

Coronavirus is not a danger in America today, but it has a small chance to become a danger. That just seems like common sense, and non-political IMHO.

What we know so far puts Coronavirus roughly the same as Spanish Flu as far as it's R0 rating (contagiousness) and it's mortality rate. Spanish Flu infected 30% and killed 3% of every human on the planet about 100 years ago. At some point the Spanish Flu had only infected 100, at some point it just had potential. Coronavirus has potential, that's it. There's nothing wrong with educating people. There's nothing wrong with having plans in place in case it takes a turn for the worse. It's not political to reject pretending there's no danger until it's too late to prepare for the danger.

China did not shut down and entire province because of American politics. Italy and Iran are not altering the operations of their entire country because of American politics. So many Americans are constantly chomping at the bit for their side to be the victors or the victims in a political argument. Being one of those people doesn't help anyone.

|

3/6/2020 7:50 PM

People n nursing homes have been dying from flu bugs long before this virus came along. It’s media’s toy of the month

|

3/6/2020 7:59 PM

Photo
|

3/6/2020 11:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2020 11:02 PM

Looks like 79 people in Washington alone “WON THE VIRAL POWERBALL” of which 15 have died. Yes it’s mainly elderly but, do they not matter? Although I’m a healthy 42 year old and I’m not worried about it affecting me, there’s still some concern catching it and bringing it home to the elderly people in my life.

|

3/7/2020 5:26 AM

racin mason wrote:

One of my employees was saying how this virus has him really scared. He then proceeds to light a cig.My response was"you know that smoking claims about 450,000 a year, and you are paying good money to join that club."
He hasnt mentioned the corona virus since .

Comparing one bad thing to another does no one any good. I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist and I'm not freaking out about this virus. I'm continuing on with my days as normal and maybe washing/sanitizing my hands a little more.

But you people who compare things like smoking to a virus have absolutely no logic. One of them is a choice and the other is a virus that you catch. I get it, you may have a little less sympathy for someone who smokes and ends up dying of lung cancer. They chose to do that to themselves. But how the hell do you sit here and act like you should compare a virus to that in any way. It's a sad deal, and it's very real. Is it as bad as the news makes it out to be? Maybe not. But it's still a serious thing that's causing people to die. Jeez.

|

3/7/2020 6:19 AM

racin mason wrote:

One of my employees was saying how this virus has him really scared. He then proceeds to light a cig.My response was"you know that smoking claims about 450,000 a year, and you are paying good money to join that club."
He hasnt mentioned the corona virus since .

agn5009 wrote:

Comparing one bad thing to another does no one any good. I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist and I'm not freaking out about this virus. I'm continuing on with my days as normal and maybe washing/sanitizing my hands a little more.

But you people who compare things like smoking to a virus have absolutely no logic. One of them is a choice and the other is a virus that you catch. I get it, you may have a little less sympathy for someone who smokes and ends up dying of lung cancer. They chose to do that to themselves. But how the hell do you sit here and act like you should compare a virus to that in any way. It's a sad deal, and it's very real. Is it as bad as the news makes it out to be? Maybe not. But it's still a serious thing that's causing people to die. Jeez.

Most humans have an innate ability to ignore the fact that someday we will die. If we couldn’t do that we would sit around all day and worry about dying (aka unproductive).....

Pointing out how ridiculous it is sitting around all day worrying about dying from the coronavirus, but then partaking in an activity that is proven to increase your chances of death is valid..

|

3/7/2020 7:55 AM

The question remains: does canceling events have any measurable impact on the virus’ proliferation? We’re not shutting down state borders, restricting travel, or quarantining impacted areas, so the vast majority of the population will continue to mingle unfettered.

The Coronavirus may mutate into a more virulent form, which will rapidly escalate the situation. It’s an enemy with no regard to political affiliation, but it can and will wreak havoc on the global economy if left unchecked. Cancelling public gatherings may, in the end, be only window-dressing, and it may be impossible to deduce that policy’s role in overall containment. Assuming it is contained.

|

"You can't resist the louder pull..."

3/7/2020 8:45 AM

What always gets me is 100 people in the us die per day, many many times that never fully recover and nobody talks about that. The most dangerous thing we do. It doesnt sell on the news.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

3/7/2020 9:05 AM

resetjet wrote:

What always gets me is 100 people in the us die per day, many many times that never fully recover and nobody talks about that. The most dangerous thing we do. It doesnt sell on the news.

Drunk driving? Not sure on the exact numbers. But I've been thinking the same thing. There are a whole bunch of other horrible things that happen every day that kill more people.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

3/7/2020 9:57 AM

It looks like being quarantined in a Chinese hotel may have a higher death rate percentage than the virus.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8086077/Hotel-China-holding-coronavirus-victims-quarantine-collapses.html

A five story 5 star hotel....70 people quarantined,
30 people still trapped in debris. You know this is probably not going to end up a happy ending.

|

3/7/2020 3:52 PM

racin mason wrote:

One of my employees was saying how this virus has him really scared. He then proceeds to light a cig.My response was"you know that smoking claims about 450,000 a year, and you are paying good money to join that club."
He hasnt mentioned the corona virus since .

agn5009 wrote:

Comparing one bad thing to another does no one any good. I'm not a crazy conspiracy theorist and I'm not freaking out about this virus. I'm continuing on with my days as normal and maybe washing/sanitizing my hands a little more.

But you people who compare things like smoking to a virus have absolutely no logic. One of them is a choice and the other is a virus that you catch. I get it, you may have a little less sympathy for someone who smokes and ends up dying of lung cancer. They chose to do that to themselves. But how the hell do you sit here and act like you should compare a virus to that in any way. It's a sad deal, and it's very real. Is it as bad as the news makes it out to be? Maybe not. But it's still a serious thing that's causing people to die. Jeez.

Brad460 wrote:

Most humans have an innate ability to ignore the fact that someday we will die. If we couldn’t do that we would sit around all day and worry about dying (aka unproductive).....

Pointing out how ridiculous it is sitting around all day worrying about dying from the coronavirus, but then partaking in an activity that is proven to increase your chances of death is valid..

It's stupid to argue over. No one wants to see anyone die, yet people are dying from it. The right thing to do is try and find a vaccine to mitigate the death count. Just like in cars they try to make them as safe as possible by having seat belts, car seats, air bags etc. I dont get why people gotta try and sound cool by acting like it's no big deal when someone dies. I see death weekly whether it be by car accident, drug overdose, suicide, homicide, accidental or whatever. There are people who care for those who die and none of it is easy. Downplaying it is dumb.

|

3/7/2020 3:59 PM

I guess you didn't bother to read the link, because your reply seems to have little to do with a 5 story hotel collapsing.

|

3/7/2020 7:14 PM

Read what I wrote. It’s flu bug plus something we have no vaccine for. Like the flu bug is not gone. Flu bug we have some control over. Not this.

|

3/7/2020 8:23 PM

agn5009 wrote:

It's stupid to argue over. No one wants to see anyone die, yet people are dying from it. The right thing to do is try and find a vaccine to mitigate the death count. Just like in cars they try to make them as safe as possible by having seat belts, car seats, air bags etc. I dont get why people gotta try and sound cool by acting like it's no big deal when someone dies. I see death weekly whether it be by car accident, drug overdose, suicide, homicide, accidental or whatever. There are people who care for those who die and none of it is easy. Downplaying it is dumb.

What you say is true. Every day, in every state, and on every highway innocent motorists are killed or maimed by other driver’s distracted driving. Yet there is no total shutdown of all roadways to find the distracted drivers because it’s impractical beyond measure. The world wide reaction to this virus is similarly impractical.

|