‘The umpteenth death sting to our sport’ – Stefan Everts

VRR7
Edited Date/Time 2/22/2021 2:57am
|
Motodave15
2/18/2021 10:06am
This shit erks me to no end..

Why do people worry about dirtbikes so much? I legitimately do not understand these people. Like what is this axe to grind about people riding motorcycles/Racing... People cant handle winning or losing or something?

When you have huge huge corporations polluting massively or all of pollution coming from electronics that are trashed now.

What exactly is their reasoning and how the fuck do they always have power?
RalphS
2/18/2021 10:08am
Wouldn't expect anything else from the worst governed country in Western Europe. Bureaucracy there is URSS level and they still have a king. Yet everytime there is a war someone has to save their assess.
TooTallJason
Fantasy
870th
2/18/2021 10:12am
Motodave15 wrote:
This shit erks me to no end.. Why do people worry about dirtbikes so much? I legitimately do not understand these people. Like what is this...

Why do people worry about dirtbikes so much? I legitimately do not understand these people. Like what is this axe to grind about people riding motorcycles/Racing... People cant handle winning or losing or something?

When you have huge huge corporations polluting massively or all of pollution coming from electronics that are trashed now.

It's bullshit but it's because there are just too many people and housing prices are so insane, so people move further and further away from city centers. Then the track that didn't bother anyone for 20 years suddenly annoys the piss out of Karen and her Suburban Mothers Coalition or whatever.

Moto Nomad
2/18/2021 10:14am
The internal combustion engine will likely be illegal in Europe and America in the next 10-15 years, if it takes that long. Moto will be electric.
If they won't let you cook your food with gas or build a natural gas power plant, they aren't going to let you get your yahoos on an ICE dirt bike, hate to say. The sport as we know it could end up occupying just a tiny sliver of human history. Kinda weird to think about.

The Shop

user760a
2/18/2021 10:19am
Moto Nomad wrote:
The internal combustion engine will likely be illegal in Europe and America in the next 10-15 years, if it takes that long. Moto will be electric...
The internal combustion engine will likely be illegal in Europe and America in the next 10-15 years, if it takes that long. Moto will be electric.
If they won't let you cook your food with gas or build a natural gas power plant, they aren't going to let you get your yahoos on an ICE dirt bike, hate to say. The sport as we know it could end up occupying just a tiny sliver of human history. Kinda weird to think about.
do you honestly think ICE engines will be "illegal" in ten or 15 years? You can't honestly believe that
ZOBITO
2/18/2021 10:24am
Motodave15 wrote:
This shit erks me to no end.. Why do people worry about dirtbikes so much? I legitimately do not understand these people. Like what is this...

Their reasoning is rather simple, really: you're killing mother earth.
hellion
2/18/2021 10:43am
Honestly I think it’s just smile police. They want everyone to be as miserable as they are.
Tim507
2/18/2021 10:49am
All of our rights (Across the board) are blatantly being taken from us right before our eyes! We can only change this if we pay attention and vote! Historically we are our own worse enemies as we are strong individualist. We must stand up together and make the change with participation on voting day.
Tracktor
2/18/2021 10:55am
Motodave15 wrote:

ZOBITO wrote:
Killing Mother Earth is next to impossible. Making it uninhabitable for humans is slightly more possible but not much. This world of ours has been through a shit ton more than our piddly asses could throw at it and is still spinning..........Banning motorcycles in any first world country will do about as much to help the environment as some feel good social media post.........
Brent
2/18/2021 10:58am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2021 11:02am
Environmental groups go after the weakest prey they can defeat, just like the lion goes after the weakest of the herd.

These groups target off road vehicles because there is little legal resistance from their owners, and that allows them to score an easy "victory" that they can then use to drive membership advertising.

If that Honda Park in Belgium was owned by an oil company or medical industry, it would stay open no matter what noise or pollution was produced, because big companies have big legal departments who fight things like this.

The OEM manufacturers dont put up a fight because in most cases, off road vehicles are a small part of their sales, and they dont want the public perception that they are "anti environment"

Look, I try to be really environmentally conscious as anyone, but this is not about pollution or noise, it is about one group of people trying to hurt another group of people.

Tribalism will never change.
ZOBITO
2/18/2021 11:02am
Tracktor wrote:
Killing Mother Earth is next to impossible. Making it uninhabitable for humans is slightly more possible but not much. This world of ours has been through...
Killing Mother Earth is next to impossible. Making it uninhabitable for humans is slightly more possible but not much. This world of ours has been through a shit ton more than our piddly asses could throw at it and is still spinning..........Banning motorcycles in any first world country will do about as much to help the environment as some feel good social media post.........
Whoa cares? We're such a great scapegoat...
davis224
Fantasy
165th
2/18/2021 11:02am
Motodave15 wrote:

Low hanging fruit. I'm all for cleaning things up and reducing emissions, but real change is a much bigger mountain to climb. Lets politicians give themselves a pat on the back without making big waves.
Brent
2/18/2021 11:09am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2021 11:12am
One more thing.

When electric motocross motorcycles finally arrive to be as popular as four strokes did, the excuse to ban them will shift from noise and pollution to erosion caused by knobby tires and the hazards of battery waste. that is already happening with e mountain bikes.

These environmental extremist fuckers are like a school bully - they won't stop until their intended victim punches their fucking teeth out with a massive lawsuit.
user760a
2/18/2021 11:10am
Tim507 wrote:
All of our rights (Across the board) are blatantly being taken from us right before our eyes! We can only change this if we pay attention...
All of our rights (Across the board) are blatantly being taken from us right before our eyes! We can only change this if we pay attention and vote! Historically we are our own worse enemies as we are strong individualist. We must stand up together and make the change with participation on voting day.
Unfortunately I think that a two party system in which one party is willing to essentially offer cash payments for votes is a system in its last stages , swirling around the drain...so to speak
jeffoff
2/18/2021 11:17am
I have no words for this.
Last time I rode the track was few months ago, for me the nicest remaining track of Belgium.
Every year it gets more worse, less training tracks. Ride enduro and people start holding you up to argue, they do not want you to ride. Ok, give me a place to ride then...
The danger with the decision is that the outcome can be used to attack the remaining 3 tracks, the judge decided they need to apply strict noise regulation.
To strict to meet...
Couple more years and it will be gone to ride legally over here.
Very sad.
In Belgium there is also the law called "bos decreet", it forbids any form of motorised vehicles riding in "forests".
With forest they mean like 3 rows of trees.
If we want to ride some nice enduro, we travel 700km to france to have a good time.
In Belgium you have the ardennes, it would be perfect if the goverment would provide an area for these types of hobby.
Now, if they catch you. Your bike gets taken from you...
If we ride enduro in our region, I bet 60% of the distance is illegal. And we do not enter any forest...
To ride mx, i usually travel to the Netherlands. RES Axel is the closest track near me.
Motodave15
2/18/2021 11:24am
Tracktor wrote:
Killing Mother Earth is next to impossible. Making it uninhabitable for humans is slightly more possible but not much. This world of ours has been through...
This is exactly how i feel about it.. If nukes during a war didn't end the world... a fucking dirtbike sure as hell wont.
Johnny Ringo
2/18/2021 11:27am
Motodave15 wrote:

ZOBITO wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
George Carlin? Lol
CKNY
2/18/2021 11:31am
Moto Nomad wrote:
The internal combustion engine will likely be illegal in Europe and America in the next 10-15 years, if it takes that long. Moto will be electric...
It ain’t gonna happen man. We are so far away from moving to electric. ICE is going to continue to be around for a long time. You can’t make the transition that quick.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
2/18/2021 12:35pm
Brent wrote:
Environmental groups go after the weakest prey they can defeat, just like the lion goes after the weakest of the herd. These groups target off road...
Environmental groups go after the weakest prey they can defeat, just like the lion goes after the weakest of the herd.

These groups target off road vehicles because there is little legal resistance from their owners, and that allows them to score an easy "victory" that they can then use to drive membership advertising.

If that Honda Park in Belgium was owned by an oil company or medical industry, it would stay open no matter what noise or pollution was produced, because big companies have big legal departments who fight things like this.

The OEM manufacturers dont put up a fight because in most cases, off road vehicles are a small part of their sales, and they dont want the public perception that they are "anti environment"

Look, I try to be really environmentally conscious as anyone, but this is not about pollution or noise, it is about one group of people trying to hurt another group of people.

Agree with much of this. It's easier to satisfy yourself that you've "done something" picking easy targets that don't make much difference in the larger scheme of things.
Tracktor
2/18/2021 1:12pm
ZOBITO wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
George Carlin? Lol
I'm blushing, lol. Carlin was a genius........
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
2/18/2021 1:34pm
It’s not about the environment, neither is it about climate change or any other utopian idea. It’s about money and pay to play - power/control. You pay enough money or “invest” enough money and a business or even a whole industry can do anything the hell they want. All you have to do is follow the $$$.
hubbardmx50
2/18/2021 1:35pm
Moto Nomad wrote:
user760a wrote:
do you honestly think ICE engines will be "illegal" in ten or 15 years? You can't honestly believe that
They are already trying to ban ICE cars in California within the next 15 years.
2/18/2021 1:42pm
Brent wrote:
Environmental groups go after the weakest prey they can defeat, just like the lion goes after the weakest of the herd. These groups target off road...

100%.

People suck.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
2/18/2021 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2021 3:05pm

That being said I would love to have an Alta, it’s a shame they closed. I don’t want an electric car, too inconvenient for everyday use. But an electric dirt bike is something I could live with
Skerby
2/18/2021 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2021 1:52pm
Brent wrote:
One more thing. When electric motocross motorcycles finally arrive to be as popular as four strokes did, the excuse to ban them will shift from noise...
One more thing.

When electric motocross motorcycles finally arrive to be as popular as four strokes did, the excuse to ban them will shift from noise and pollution to erosion caused by knobby tires and the hazards of battery waste. that is already happening with e mountain bikes.

These environmental extremist fuckers are like a school bully - they won't stop until their intended victim punches their fucking teeth out with a massive lawsuit.
I think with Ebikes, a lot of the bs is driven by traditional bikers who don't like getting passed by Bobby KFC on the climbs.

It got me at first, I was a super fit ride bikes uphill everyday guy, I loved the sport of 'enduro mtb'. First time some tubby dude on an ebike passes me uphill: REAL ANGER, lol.

I got over it quick because I came from moto and just cant bring myself to hate on someone elses source of happiness. Others, like my old man, will never stop hating until they are dead though.
Johnny Depp
2/18/2021 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2021 2:22pm
Moto Nomad wrote:
user760a wrote:
New ones are at risk, certainly street ones. A majority of automobile manufacturers are committed to no ICE engines by 2030.
bergie11
2/18/2021 2:22pm
jeffoff wrote:
I have no words for this. Last time I rode the track was few months ago, for me the nicest remaining track of Belgium. Every year...
I have no words for this.
Last time I rode the track was few months ago, for me the nicest remaining track of Belgium.
Every year it gets more worse, less training tracks. Ride enduro and people start holding you up to argue, they do not want you to ride. Ok, give me a place to ride then...
The danger with the decision is that the outcome can be used to attack the remaining 3 tracks, the judge decided they need to apply strict noise regulation.
To strict to meet...
Couple more years and it will be gone to ride legally over here.
Very sad.
In Belgium there is also the law called "bos decreet", it forbids any form of motorised vehicles riding in "forests".
With forest they mean like 3 rows of trees.
If we want to ride some nice enduro, we travel 700km to france to have a good time.
In Belgium you have the ardennes, it would be perfect if the goverment would provide an area for these types of hobby.
Now, if they catch you. Your bike gets taken from you...
If we ride enduro in our region, I bet 60% of the distance is illegal. And we do not enter any forest...
To ride mx, i usually travel to the Netherlands. RES Axel is the closest track near me.
I loved riding at Honda park. A group of us would go a few times a year and stay at a local B&B. There was always other English guys there so it brought money into Belgium.
It didnt seem to me there was alot of housing around Honda park for noise to be an issue. The opening time was also 13.00 - 17.00 so its not like it was going on all day.
Very sad indeed.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
2/18/2021 3:09pm
RalphS wrote:
Wouldn't expect anything else from the worst governed country in Western Europe. Bureaucracy there is URSS level and they still have a king. Yet everytime there...
Wouldn't expect anything else from the worst governed country in Western Europe. Bureaucracy there is URSS level and they still have a king. Yet everytime there is a war someone has to save their assess.
You know the Belgium very well.

Post a reply to: ‘The umpteenth death sting to our sport’ – Stefan Everts

The Latest