The ultimate two wheel rider ever

Related:
Create New Tag

7/17/2019 6:28 AM

Who is the ultimate badass rider ever?

My pic would have to be Joey Dunlop

Evel,De Coster,Carmichael,Hannah,Everts,Cairoli,McGrath,
Rossi,

|

7/17/2019 6:35 AM

Travis Pastrana would need to be in the conversation.

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

7/17/2019 6:36 AM

JS,Hannah in that order

|

7/17/2019 6:41 AM

Dick Mann

|

7/17/2019 6:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2019 1:00 AM

Another vote for Joey Dunlop. 26x Isle of Man TT winner, among other achievements.

|

I no longer regret my username.


7/17/2019 6:50 AM

Long list. Arguable forever.

Kenny Roberts was the first name that popped in my head but he’s one of dozens at the tip of the spear.

|

7/17/2019 6:52 AM

Malcom Smith.

|

7/17/2019 6:59 AM

You said 2 wheel rider so I would look at riders with success in multiple disciplines.

Jean Michel Bayle, Steve Wise, and guys like that. Those guys raced for factory teams and won in motocross, road racing, flat track, super moto. They could run anything on 2 wheels.

|

7/17/2019 7:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2019 7:06 AM

JMB and Kenny Roberts has to be high up on the list.

I think Marc Marquez is by far the most talented 2-wheeled rider right now. He will go down as one of the greatest ever motorcycle rider in all disciplines.

|

7/17/2019 7:08 AM

Jeff Ward's killed it mx, sx, mxdn, sm....apart from a run with 4 wheels and damn near winning the 500 his life on 2 wheels is unmatched and today he's pitching her sideways and mastering flat track.

|

7/17/2019 7:14 AM

Tumblin wrote:

Jeff Ward's killed it mx, sx, mxdn, sm....apart from a run with 4 wheels and damn near winning the 500 his life on 2 wheels is unmatched and today he's pitching her sideways and mastering flat track.

I'm sure Wardy could have excelled at superbikes or road racing had he wanted to.

He gets my vote as the ultimate two wheeler rider.

|

7/17/2019 7:39 AM

Travis Pastrana end of discussion

|

7/17/2019 7:45 AM

I guess I'll be the first to bring General Sipes into this conversation

|

7/17/2019 8:00 AM

Steve McQueen laughs at all of you as he jumps the fence again!

Seriously though... Malcolm Smith, JMB, and Jeff Ward would be in my top 3.

|

7/17/2019 8:04 AM

Pastrana.
Even if you include two more wheels he should be on top

|

7/17/2019 8:23 AM

TP199 or Ryan Sipes

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

7/17/2019 8:31 AM

Malcolm Smith

Travis Pastrana

Valentino Rossi

Kenny Roberts

Mert Lawill

RC, but lower on the list because he only did MX

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R


7/17/2019 9:11 AM

VR46. I love JS7 but this guy! Check out his “ranch”.

|

JS7 is the most entertaining rider since Hannah, my first hero,. even living in the frozen north.
Dirt biking from 11 to late 50’s, loves wood riding on the old 525.

7/17/2019 10:56 AM

Travis. Won titles in racing and was the best freestyler. No question Pastrana

|

7/17/2019 11:06 AM

Kenny Roberts, Mann to many to list.

Honorable mention goes to the guy that took the spill on a road course bike in the Wide World of Sports TV Show back in the day. I think it was in black and white. He walked away, can't remember his name but the spill he took puts him at the top not matter if he won or not. Can't remember his name.

Thanks, Billy

|

7/17/2019 11:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2019 11:18 AM

Motofinne wrote:

JMB and Kenny Roberts has to be high up on the list.

I think Marc Marquez is by far the most talented 2-wheeled rider right now. He will go down as one of the greatest ever motorcycle rider in all disciplines.

I wonder how Marc's career will progress in the future, how many titles and race wins, will he change teams, will he change disciplines into speedway just for shits and giggles. He's like Carmichael and Stewart rolled into one at over 200mph, anyone not watching him over the past 5 years has been missing out.

|

7/17/2019 11:21 AM

Jack Miller often rides at a local track here and the dude rips on a dirt bike.

Marquez does insane stuff on a road bike.

|

7/17/2019 11:23 AM

Toss up between Brandon and moto.tard

|

7/17/2019 11:24 AM

Motofinne wrote:

JMB and Kenny Roberts has to be high up on the list.

I think Marc Marquez is by far the most talented 2-wheeled rider right now. He will go down as one of the greatest ever motorcycle rider in all disciplines.

early wrote:

I wonder how Marc's career will progress in the future, how many titles and race wins, will he change teams, will he change disciplines into speedway just for shits and giggles. He's like Carmichael and Stewart rolled into one at over 200mph, anyone not watching him over the past 5 years has been missing out.

It will be interesting to follow.

I think it was David Emmett (big MotoGP-journalist) that wrote an interesting piece regarding if Marquez has to win on an other bike to become the greatest ever. Emmetts argument against that is the fact that MotoGP has never been this equal and competitive, the difference between the bikes is so much smaller today because of the regulations compared to back in the day. The fact that he is so much better than everyone else in this era is the argument for his greatness and why he shouldn't have to win on an other bike.

It is an interesting point and i agree to an extent. But i still want to see him on something else than the Honda one day.

|

7/17/2019 11:26 AM

Of the riders I have watched.

Marquez on the asphalt.

RC on the dirt.


Rossi, JS7, TP199 are very close, but were beat on track by the riders above enough times to show who the dominant rider was.

|

7/17/2019 11:31 AM

Ricky Dietrich - He will even tell you all about it himself

https://racerxonline.com/2009/06/10/between-the-motos-ricky-dietrich

"I think that right now I’m establishing myself as probably the most versatile rider that can race and do good at anything you’d really throw at me on two wheels, so that’s kind of cool for myself."

|

7/17/2019 11:35 AM

Gukamonster wrote:

Ricky Dietrich - He will even tell you all about it himself

https://racerxonline.com/2009/06/10/between-the-motos-ricky-dietrich

"I think that right now I’m establishing myself as probably the most versatile rider that can race and do good at anything you’d really throw at me on two wheels, so that’s kind of cool for myself."

Never was a Dietrich fan. I cheered loudly when KC66 punted his ass at the bottom of Mt. St. Helens in the Pro WORCS race 2011.

|

7/17/2019 11:57 AM

sebastianer wrote:

Travis Pastrana end of discussion

Who?

|

7/17/2019 12:09 PM

Graham Jarvis doesn't make the list for anyone else?

|

I'm just here for the oil threads.

MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

7/17/2019 12:37 PM

MotoTribology wrote:

Graham Jarvis doesn't make the list for anyone else?

Or knighter.

That psychopath shit they do in Europe is inhuman.

Erzberg

|