The truth about the demise of Geico Honda?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2020 7:31 PM

Just saw this on facebook. True or bs?
https://www.facebook.com/936632809689358/posts/3683068291712449/
Read the comments from Callum Swan and the replies.
Please don't shoot the messenger here. I just started reading the comments and was like wtf? Personally, I don't think anyone 'steals' anything in business. Better deals are made and there are winners and losers. It makes more sense to me to think that a company might use a rider or team as a launching point to eventually become a series sponsor and reach a greater audience, but I don't know the ins and outs of sports sponsorship dealings, so I will leave that to those that do.
If this is prohibited territory, the discussion can just go back to Cianciarulo's gear or what color google lenses everyone uses.

|

10/14/2020 7:37 PM

Hold on...I gotta go make some popcorn....

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/14/2020 7:40 PM

Yikes. Not a good look for MX Sports and Feld

|

10/14/2020 7:42 PM

You need some butter? Asking for a friend.

|

10/14/2020 7:44 PM

10+ pages

|

10/14/2020 7:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2020 7:56 PM

I guess we will find out next year if Geico re-allocated its budget, but whoever that guy is he doesn't seem too credible with his 4th grade spelling and punctuation. For God's sake kids, pay attention in school.

...and even if they did, it's their business to spend where they see fit.

If I was Geico and I had to deal with that Grondahl wingnut I might have second thoughts too...

|

10/14/2020 7:55 PM

|

10/14/2020 7:57 PM

He says a friend of his’s dad is one of the owners, and on the text thread looks to be initials EG...Grondahl...👀

Photo
Photo

|

10/14/2020 8:01 PM

Dude needs to start dropping names or STFU.

|

10/14/2020 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2020 9:32 PM

jathey wrote:

Just saw this on facebook. True or bs?
https://www.facebook.com/936632809689358/posts/3683068291712449/
Read the comments from Callum Swan and the replies.
Please don't shoot the messenger here. I just started reading the comments and was like wtf? Personally, I don't think anyone 'steals' anything in business. Better deals are made and there are winners and losers. It makes more sense to me to think that a company might use a rider or team as a launching point to eventually become a series sponsor and reach a greater audience, but I don't know the ins and outs of sports sponsorship dealings, so I will leave that to those that do.
If this is prohibited territory, the discussion can just go back to Cianciarulo's gear or what color google lenses everyone uses.

Even if they did "steal" the sponsor $, that just means Geico felt their money was better spent on a broader scale. No different that you having to perform to keep your job, sponsorship works the same.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

10/14/2020 8:04 PM

Wow! Follow the $$. Shouldn’t be too hard to see exactly what’s going on.

|

10/14/2020 8:05 PM

Geico pulled out of NACAR too, did MX Sports and Feld steal GEICO NACAR money too? laughing laughing

|

10/14/2020 8:07 PM

From the outside looking in, it simply looks like a disgruntled family member with a seriously biased view. Given the fact geico pulled their funding from both the FC Honda team and the NASCAR team they sponsored I seriously doubt this all relates to Feld and MXsports saying give us more money geico! Hell it probably doesn’t have anything to do with the other owners Twitter rants against geico either.

Does “EG” blame Pastrana for stealing Geico money since he hopped in miss Geico earlier this year as well?

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

10/14/2020 8:08 PM

CraigCrashes wrote:

Dude needs to start dropping names or STFU.

Yes the second one

|

10/14/2020 8:18 PM

Dimblewambie wrote:

From the outside looking in, it simply looks like a disgruntled family member with a seriously biased view. Given the fact geico pulled their funding from both the FC Honda team and the NASCAR team they sponsored I seriously doubt this all relates to Feld and MXsports saying give us more money geico! Hell it probably doesn’t have anything to do with the other owners Twitter rants against geico either.

Does “EG” blame Pastrana for stealing Geico money since he hopped in miss Geico earlier this year as well?

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story bro

|

10/14/2020 8:28 PM

Here is a pic of my cat. Photo

|

10/14/2020 8:31 PM

So it sounds like Geico is still involved in putting money into our sport?...cool!.

|

10/14/2020 8:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2020 8:48 PM

I don’t know how any of these teams, much less the industry, makes any money doing this.

|

10/14/2020 8:37 PM

Looks like MX Sports and Feld need to go after some of the MLB money too.

Photo

|

10/14/2020 8:40 PM

Thought I heard weege say on one of the review shows that geico was pulling their sponsorship from the nationals too. No more 15 minutes to go shout outs.

|

10/14/2020 8:41 PM

On one of the NASCAR broadcasts recently they mentioned new management at Geico = new direction.

|

10/14/2020 8:42 PM

Damn I’m sure loads up companies are going to line up to go into business with daddy and junior now.

|

10/14/2020 8:43 PM

danzig138 wrote:

10+ pages

It's not the amount, but the density that hurts.

BP

|

10/14/2020 8:47 PM

With mx promoters previously doing this as recent a cbd sponsor and discount tire would it surprise anyone. Until someone builds a competing SX and MX that gives teams and riders more rights we as a sport will always be a sideshow paid sideshow money.

|

10/14/2020 8:48 PM

Yeah I wonder what the slowdown and uncertainties will do for the rest of the industry. If SX doesn’t get back on track by March (I can’t see January happening) what will get hit next. Geico and other insurers have been giving money back due to reduced driving and I can’t imagine they are keeping the same profit dollars.

|

10/14/2020 8:50 PM

Not sure if true or not in this case, but it wouldn’t be the first time Feld hijacked sponsor money. Just ask Reed.


|

10/14/2020 9:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2020 9:04 PM

Drove through Sturgis tonight and the old Buffalo Chip billboards are still out from August. Promoted by Geico. Almost brought a tear.

Not sure of anything these days, but the economic hurt coming down soon may be bigger than our beloved motorcycle races.

Godspeed Geico

|

10/14/2020 11:50 PM

1911 wrote:

Looks like MX Sports and Feld need to go after some of the MLB money too.

Photo

Bastards!!

|

10/15/2020 1:41 AM

Brent wrote:

I guess we will find out next year if Geico re-allocated its budget, but whoever that guy is he doesn't seem too credible with his 4th grade spelling and punctuation. For God's sake kids, pay attention in school.

...and even if they did, it's their business to spend where they see fit.

If I was Geico and I had to deal with that Grondahl wingnut I might have second thoughts too...

He is more credible than you will ever be.

And its not like there isnt a history of this type of things happening.

|

10/15/2020 2:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2020 2:35 AM

Brent wrote:

I guess we will find out next year if Geico re-allocated its budget, but whoever that guy is he doesn't seem too credible with his 4th grade spelling and punctuation. For God's sake kids, pay attention in school.

...and even if they did, it's their business to spend where they see fit.

If I was Geico and I had to deal with that Grondahl wingnut I might have second thoughts too...

Dont like this attitude in our sport.

|