The track, A2

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2019 4:25 AM

Watching on TV, I didn't like it. Ended up being very much one lined, follow the leader type of deal.
I also don't care for the triple crown format, even though I thought it would be cool when I first heard about it.
Was nice to see Webb get a win though. Really good for the sport that no one rider is dominating, yet.
Bummer about Stewart and Barcia. If Barcia "just" has a bruised tail bone, he certainly won't be out of the series, but I would bet that he will be slowed for a few rounds.

Thoughts from my recliner at 4:30am. :-)

|

1/20/2019 4:28 AM

I think they took the track design from a 10 year old drunk kid off Supercross the Game. Nothing about it looked fun.

|

1/20/2019 4:39 AM

I've heard for a long time how much a slower and technical track "à la 90's" would make for better racing.
Here it is and I gotta say I haven't been the least bit convinced.
Seemed almost impossible to find a flow, zillions of mistakes from almost everyone and looked veeeeeery slow onscreen.
Kudos to Webb who looked picture perfect most of the times in these conditions.

|

1/20/2019 7:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 12:30 PM

GODZILLA wrote:

I've heard for a long time how much a slower and technical track "à la 90's" would make for better racing.
Here it is and I gotta say I haven't been the least bit convinced.
Seemed almost impossible to find a flow, zillions of mistakes from almost everyone and looked veeeeeery slow onscreen.
Kudos to Webb who looked picture perfect most of the times in these conditions.

Personally, I'm not a fan of tight and ultra technical tracks. A mix would be cool, but all the tracks like that, it's a bad idea imo. Long rhythm lanes are gnarly and they will destroy some more riders before the end of the season. The show ok but the safety of riders is also important.

|

1/20/2019 11:40 AM

foreman52 wrote:

I think they took the track design from a 10 year old drunk kid off Supercross the Game. Nothing about it looked fun.

Ha! The one spot I did think was kind a cool was the corner with two separate lines. We need more 180 bowl turns!

|

1/20/2019 12:12 PM

litpro or gps units will show you the fastest way around the track. So they will all take the fast line, creating what seems to be one line.

Its not that all tracks are one lined. Its the fast line & the other lines.

|

1/20/2019 12:22 PM

DTR830 wrote:

litpro or gps units will show you the fastest way around the track. So they will all take the fast line, creating what seems to be one line.

That assumes that the track never breaks down or ruts up.

It does. Lines came into play later in the motos that weren’t used earlier in the day

|

1/20/2019 12:37 PM

DTR830 wrote:

zehn wrote:

That assumes that the track never breaks down or ruts up.

It does. Lines came into play later in the motos that weren’t used earlier in the day

Think about when you ride. Lap after lap were usually taking the same line because we know what to expect. Not often do many riders search every lap.

|

1/20/2019 12:39 PM

DTR830 wrote:

Think about when you ride. Lap after lap were usually taking the same line because we know what to expect. Not often do many riders search every lap.

I’m not gonna touch this one

|

1/20/2019 1:19 PM

I actually liked this track. It was fast and technical. I disagree completely.

|

1/20/2019 1:20 PM

Perfect type of track for Chad "Roadblock" Reed. Didn't care for it either.

|

Anyone but Ralph!

1/20/2019 1:27 PM

Week ago great track and now A2 was worst in many years. I dont think that tight track will work in paper nor in real world.

|

1/20/2019 1:33 PM

Bad track, but even worse was the dangerous ruts in the rhythm sections—great if you love carting riders off in mules, but I’d rather have them graded between races and save the riders for later rounds.

|

1/20/2019 4:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 4:27 PM

Knobbyjake wrote:

Perfect type of track for Chad "Roadblock" Reed. Didn't care for it either.

Reed did a good job wily old veteran that he is. He wasn't blocking just taking the good line. But when a faster man can't pass or it takes two or three laps before he can without making some sketchy move then there's a problem with the track. I think that showed last night in the later races.

|