The things you see selling a bike.....

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 5:54pm
|
DPR250R
4/25/2018 7:50pm
Could be asking for more pics to see if they can use tags to locate the bike.
mb
4/25/2018 7:53pm
DPR250R wrote:
Could be asking for more pics to see if they can use tags to locate the bike.
And others in the background...

The Shop

4/27/2018 11:25am
Wow....

I once sold a bike a couple months old with like 40 hours on it, with a meter. The almost new owner passed because he didnt think it was good for a bike to be run so much in a "short period of time". He said it would be better if the 40 hours were spread across the season......

I literally had no comment as I was just amazed.
early
Fantasy
2212th
4/27/2018 11:40am
That's funny and if it's the worst thing you encounter in your sale consider yourself lucky
1983YZ125
Fantasy
1568th
4/27/2018 11:51am
All I really got is a guy negotiated with me before seeing the bike. Came and got pissed I wasnt willing to negotiate (40 yr old guy had his dad negotiating for him in person...)on my bottom dollar he already negotiated. Gave a hissy fit and left. 2 days later came back and paid me for it...
IWreckALot
4/27/2018 1:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 1:11pm
1983YZ125 wrote:
All I really got is a guy negotiated with me before seeing the bike. Came and got pissed I wasnt willing to negotiate (40 yr old...
All I really got is a guy negotiated with me before seeing the bike. Came and got pissed I wasnt willing to negotiate (40 yr old guy had his dad negotiating for him in person...)on my bottom dollar he already negotiated. Gave a hissy fit and left. 2 days later came back and paid me for it...
This is why I never negotiate on price until they come out and talk to me. And likewise, if I'm looking to buy something, I rarely ask about the price. Most I'll ask is if there is any flexibility and I'll discuss the actual price in person.
peelout
4/27/2018 1:14pm
way to show him your whole garage, did you send your address and tell him where your spare key is too?

better hope he's not ripped and torqued
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
4/27/2018 4:48pm
peelout wrote:
way to show him your whole garage, did you send your address and tell him where your spare key is too? better hope he's not ripped...
way to show him your whole garage, did you send your address and tell him where your spare key is too?

Ehhh, I’ve got “Inshorents” and more cameras than a Russian has dash cams.....
yz133rider
4/27/2018 4:52pm
Dudes. I have a better one. He asked me to send pics so i resent him the ad, and this is what i got back

early
Fantasy
2212th
4/27/2018 5:24pm
yz133rider wrote:
Dudes. I have a better one. He asked me to send pics so i resent him the ad, and this is what i got back [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/27/257934/s1200_20180406_145527.jpg[/img]
Dudes. I have a better one. He asked me to send pics so i resent him the ad, and this is what i got back

Amazing! Had to show everyone at my table this.
drt410
4/27/2018 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 5:44pm
peelout wrote:
way to show him your whole garage, did you send your address and tell him where your spare key is too? better hope he's not ripped...

Im curious. How does him seeing some of the inside of the garage make it so he can locate the house, spare key, or have some type of advantage that he wouldn't have from just meeting in person and not closing the deal to come back later and break in? If someone wants to break in they would just come pretend that they cant settle on a price and then leave but really be scoping everything out vs trying to use a couple pictures.

When I went to go buy my Husky they loaded up the truck and met us at the police station parking lot to sell the bike because one of their friends had been robbed at gun point. If your in a sketchy area you have to act accordingly and if you have a lot of valuable things don't bring them to your house or show them pictures. If you do show them pictures don't meet at your house if you have a few bikes like this guy does go with somebody else or 2 other people. When I bought my Ducati there were 3 other people there and one of them had a handgun. Then when I sold the Ducati it was to a police officer who also showed up with a handgun. Lol damn I never really stopped and thought about how everything involving that bike involved handguns whenever the title was going from one person to another lol. Anyways its all up to discretion. Its pretty funny there was a mock craigslist buy video that went viral a few months ago where there were guns and neither would let go first and shit like that, then once both of them got their stuff they were completely cool 1 second later. Ive literally been in similar situations lol you never know what the hell your walking in to haha just gotta know your situation, surroundings, all that jazz.

On another note... holy shit the owner of this bike must be 7 feet tall look at the seat!
early
Fantasy
2212th
4/27/2018 5:39pm
drt410 wrote:
Im curious. How does him seeing some of the inside of the garage make it so he can locate the house, spare key, or have some...
Im curious. How does him seeing some of the inside of the garage make it so he can locate the house, spare key, or have some type of advantage that he wouldn't have from just meeting in person and not closing the deal to come back later and break in? If someone wants to break in they would just come pretend that they cant settle on a price and then leave but really be scoping everything out vs trying to use a couple pictures.

When I went to go buy my Husky they loaded up the truck and met us at the police station parking lot to sell the bike because one of their friends had been robbed at gun point. If your in a sketchy area you have to act accordingly and if you have a lot of valuable things don't bring them to your house or show them pictures. If you do show them pictures don't meet at your house if you have a few bikes like this guy does go with somebody else or 2 other people. When I bought my Ducati there were 3 other people there and one of them had a handgun. Then when I sold the Ducati it was to a police officer who also showed up with a handgun. Lol damn I never really stopped and thought about how everything involving that bike involved handguns whenever the title was going from one person to another lol. Anyways its all up to discretion. Its pretty funny there was a mock craigslist buy video that went viral a few months ago where there were guns and neither would let go first and shit like that, then once both of them got their stuff they were completely cool 1 second later. Ive literally been in similar situations lol you never know what the hell your walking in to haha just gotta know your situation, surroundings, all that jazz.

On another note... holy shit the owner of this bike must be 7 feet tall look at the seat!
At a minimum you would have the bike outside with the door shut so the guy wouldn't know if your garage was full of shovels and rakes or gold bars
yz133rider
4/27/2018 5:54pm
drt410 wrote:
Im curious. How does him seeing some of the inside of the garage make it so he can locate the house, spare key, or have some...

early wrote:
At a minimum you would have the bike outside with the door shut so the guy wouldn't know if your garage was full of shovels and...
At a minimum you would have the bike outside with the door shut so the guy wouldn't know if your garage was full of shovels and rakes or gold bars
I never meet at home.

Post a reply to: The things you see selling a bike.....

The Latest