|
Sprew
3/26/2020 6:46pm
Yay!
22Ryann
Fantasy
3959th
3/26/2020 6:56pm
To think that they are going to be able to get racers, infrastructure in place to have race's under the current climate in United States is complete bat shit. The country seems completely out of control and the health system is pretty much wasted right now.

Wouldn't want to be a racer and be injured at that time.
rileymx
3/26/2020 6:59pm
the fishy smell keeps hitting me on this one........it says that the events have been cancelled, not posponed, cancelled !!!! so if they have raced 11 races and the 7 missing have been cancelled, then the series is finished....
they even offer an complete refound of tickets, they dont even try to change tickets for the following events, they prefer to give the money back......
all signs i see say sx is done, despite the hollow promise of future races without dates or venues......
Brad460
Fantasy
773rd
3/26/2020 7:09pm
22Ryann wrote:
To think that they are going to be able to get racers, infrastructure in place to have race's under the current climate in United States is...
To think that they are going to be able to get racers, infrastructure in place to have race's under the current climate in United States is complete bat shit. The country seems completely out of control and the health system is pretty much wasted right now.

Where in the US are you? New York? Your statement is completely false for majority of the country.

The Shop

500guy
3/26/2020 7:16pm
Brad460 wrote:
Where in the US are you? New York? Your statement is completely false for majority of the country.
Didn't you know? Americans need the rest of the World to tell them how it goes. or I guess they think that.
bird
3/26/2020 7:19pm
Brad460 wrote:
It may feel that way now. Just wait a bit.

Coronavirus has an infection rate of 3, meaning on average every person who gets it gives it to 3 other people. The flu has an infection rate ~1.4. That doesn't sound like a big difference, but it's huge.

GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
3/26/2020 7:29pm
rileymx wrote:
the fishy smell keeps hitting me on this one........it says that the events have been cancelled, not posponed, cancelled !!!! so if they have raced 11...
the fishy smell keeps hitting me on this one........it says that the events have been cancelled, not posponed, cancelled !!!! so if they have raced 11 races and the 7 missing have been cancelled, then the series is finished....
they even offer an complete refound of tickets, they dont even try to change tickets for the following events, they prefer to give the money back......
all signs i see say sx is done, despite the hollow promise of future races without dates or venues......
You’ve got your finger on the pulse.
dedi684
3/26/2020 7:32pm
Im in upstate ny. Problem is you only need 1 person to destroy a community even a city its crazy as they've been putting out statements as to who was at certain locations on specific days and wham dozens more now infected due to 1 single person. Same story over and over. Im thinking as long as there's a single case of the virus we wont be at una fucking dilla or any national standing next to anyone. Just my opinion but i dont think its going away anytime soon 😷
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3646th
3/26/2020 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2020 7:35pm
This virus stuff is far from over. We are in the earliest stages and have NO IDEA where it will go from here.

I want supercross back so badly. I want to wake up and go to work so badly. The reality is that making any statement about the “season” is blind and ignorant.
KennyT
Fantasy
513th
3/26/2020 7:38pm
22Ryann wrote:
To think that they are going to be able to get racers, infrastructure in place to have race's under the current climate in United States is...

Actually the health system is only “wasted” in hard hit areas. My wife hurt her hand on the tablesaw on Monday and when she went to the emergency room it was the cleanest/slowest we’ve ever seen a ER in our lives. So although some areas are like war zones, the majority of hospitals are doing great and with the precautions in place they are probably safer them they’ve ever been. What this virus has done in the San Diego area is it’s keeping the people home who drag their kids to the ER every time the have a cough/sore throat/fever
aeffertz
3/26/2020 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2020 8:02pm
22Ryann wrote:

You do realize these races will be in nearly 6 months time? There's no way we'll be doing a 6+ month quarantine/isolation. That's not how the world works.

bird
3/26/2020 8:31pm
There's a big difference between quarantine/isolation and packing 30,000+ people into a stadium. It's very optimistic to think we're there in six months. I'd love to be wrong about this.
petef930
3/26/2020 9:53pm
Come back to Oakland. I'll be there in my hazmat suite with a pack of Clorox wipes and my sanitizer
aeffertz
3/26/2020 10:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2020 10:28pm
bird wrote:
There's a big difference between quarantine/isolation and packing 30,000+ people into a stadium. It's very optimistic to think we're there in six months. I'd love to...
There's a big difference between quarantine/isolation and packing 30,000+ people into a stadium. It's very optimistic to think we're there in six months. I'd love to be wrong about this.
Finishing this SX season doesn't require 30k people in the stands.

You would have to be foolish to think the world can function for over half a year with nobody working, making money and spending money. There has to be advancements and changes made at some point. What we are doing now is a band-aid fix. Not a long term or permanent fix. The approach has to be and will be different 6 months from now. It would mean we have made zero progress in half a year if it hasn't.
steed 2.0
3/26/2020 11:00pm
22Ryann wrote:

aeffertz wrote:
You do realize these races will be in nearly 6 months time? There's no way we'll be doing a 6+ month quarantine/isolation. That's not how the...
You do realize these races will be in nearly 6 months time? There's no way we'll be doing a 6+ month quarantine/isolation. That's not how the world works.

The only thing I want to say about... we witness some mass hysteria right now ( I Have never seen before )... better remove your hysteria from instagram etc. ( yeah you look foolish whitin a few months or so ) don't worry finger pointing Will stats in a few weeks time from now.

UN social enzingeering in full force... let's go illegal
raving like 30 years ago silk revolution 1988/91 🤪✌️
keinz
3/27/2020 12:14am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2020 9:58pm
Brad460 wrote:
500guy wrote:
Didn't you know? Americans need the rest of the World to tell them how it goes. or I guess they think that.
The rest of the world has never seen before so tumb and ignorant leadership ever in the history of the modern world, where presidents only concerne is his own businesses, and to keep them up and running, no mather what. It's just mind blowing. So, yes, the rest of the word has to tell you, wake the fuck up guys
keinz
3/27/2020 12:24am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2020 5:06am
At first it was like, oh, it's in China, not our problem. Then it was, oh, it's in Europe, it's their problem. And now it's, like everybody, oh, it's only in New York, no big deal, quarantine is for pussies
Are you fucking serious???
rileymx
3/27/2020 5:44am
We're #1. The race no one wants to win. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/27/413666/s1200_covid.jpg[/img]
We're #1. The race no one wants to win.

if you look at this chart you will see that the worst cases in europe are italy and spain. its most probably because of an soccer game, a champions league game between Atalanta from bergamo and Valencia from valencia, held in Milan´s San Ciro stadium....even a lot of players from both teams got infected.
when the near 50.000 spectator returned home, the speed of spreding was so high that the healthcare systems were unable to respond......this is not a tale, unfortunatly it is the reality !!!!!!
and that is the exemple of the real danger of helding sport events with large numbers of spectators, and the reason for sx to be stopped..
the virus by itself is not deadly, the danger is how low are the numbers of healthcare means ready for so high numbers of citizans in a given place, and that is what makes it deadly,the lack of means to treat a pneumonia !!!!!!
so it take time until we have a vacine or meds that will treat it not letting it became pneumonia, until then all events that join large numbers of people together are really a death wish for the elder or the ill ........
crusty_xx
Fantasy
179th
3/27/2020 5:54am
Brad460 wrote:
500guy wrote:
keinz wrote:
The rest of the world has never seen before so tumb and ignorant leadership ever in the history of the modern world, where presidents only concerne...
The rest of the world has never seen before so tumb and ignorant leadership ever in the history of the modern world, where presidents only concerne is his own businesses, and to keep them up and running, no mather what. It's just mind blowing. So, yes, the rest of the word has to tell you, wake the fuck up guys
smh

KX500
3/27/2020 6:14am
One of the least informative announcements ever.

Basically, the plan is to have more SX races this year - but feasibility, locations and dates all TBD!

I guess it sort of answers the question of - Are they just giving Eli the Championship?

But with everything else being TBD, it would seem even that question is TBD.
GCBC
3/27/2020 6:15am
Over promise & under deliver.
Its the American way.
Jt$
3/27/2020 6:24am
The tentative plan is to race in September/October. They are working to secure venues but so is every concert/show/event that had to cancel.

Whether you're pessimistic or optimistic on how the world will heal and carry on, businesses have to plan for a return, regardless. What if things look much better in a few months? It will be far too late to do anything about it at that point. Planning now is the only way to be prepared IF AND WHEN things are able to happen. It drives me crazy for people to bash SX and MX organizers for making plans. They can't snap their fingers and hold events. They have to plan far ahead, even with a high chance of adjustment. You don't think they know that there is a chance for more changes or cancellations? Of course they do. This is all unfolding in front of our eyes. But if you want to bad mouth a company for making a tentative plan for racing 6 months from now, I'm out on that.
keinz
3/27/2020 6:55am
500guy wrote:
keinz wrote:
The rest of the world has never seen before so tumb and ignorant leadership ever in the history of the modern world, where presidents only concerne...
crusty_xx wrote:
smh [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/27/413689/s1200_2020_03_27_075204.jpg[/img]
smh

Nice
Racer111
3/27/2020 6:56am
What about the teams and riders? How do they feel? So they don’t get an off-season this year? They aren’t racing, but they can’t treat the present time like it’s the off season. Right now they are riding and training for a series they don’t know or not will run. Then they have to run 7 SX rounds in Sep/Oct? When do they get to chill and test their 2021 SX bikes?
Jt$
3/27/2020 7:02am
Racer111 wrote:
What about the teams and riders? How do they feel? So they don’t get an off-season this year? They aren’t racing, but they can’t treat the...
What about the teams and riders? How do they feel? So they don’t get an off-season this year? They aren’t racing, but they can’t treat the present time like it’s the off season. Right now they are riding and training for a series they don’t know or not will run. Then they have to run 7 SX rounds in Sep/Oct? When do they get to chill and test their 2021 SX bikes?
Consider this their off season. Everyone is going to have to compromise and adjust. There are far bigger concerns than riders getting time off. My guess would be that they are resting this very second and will pick up their training again mid April, giving them 8 weeks before the first possible race.

If they do indeed race into October as we are hearing, keep in mind that they won’t need as much time to “get in shape”. They will already be in shape.
KX500
3/27/2020 7:10am
Maybe I just found the wording to be misleading.

"The 2020 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, is now scheduled to complete rounds 11-17 later this year."

All right - scheduled - it's on! Confident, we have firm plans. That is what this sentence says, right?

'The race locations and dates have not been finalized.'

Oh, that's a lot different. Maybe they have 30 good options to hold the remaining races, so they know the races will take place.

Hopefully, the plan, whatever it is, works.

And hopefully there isn't another announcement saying - Yeah we tried but.....

If an announcement leads to more questions than it answers, is it really bashing to still have questions?

slipdog
3/27/2020 7:19am
Jt$ wrote:
The tentative plan is to race in September/October. They are working to secure venues but so is every concert/show/event that had to cancel. Whether you're pessimistic...
The tentative plan is to race in September/October. They are working to secure venues but so is every concert/show/event that had to cancel.

Whether you're pessimistic or optimistic on how the world will heal and carry on, businesses have to plan for a return, regardless. What if things look much better in a few months? It will be far too late to do anything about it at that point. Planning now is the only way to be prepared IF AND WHEN things are able to happen. It drives me crazy for people to bash SX and MX organizers for making plans. They can't snap their fingers and hold events. They have to plan far ahead, even with a high chance of adjustment. You don't think they know that there is a chance for more changes or cancellations? Of course they do. This is all unfolding in front of our eyes. But if you want to bad mouth a company for making a tentative plan for racing 6 months from now, I'm out on that.
Common sense,,, Pfffttt!!!
rileymx
3/27/2020 7:49am
sorry jason but as much as i respected you as a racer i can not respect your atitude here.....
we all understand where all this cancelations are coming from, most of us here even agree with it...
the point is, one series was cut short and the other is not going to start as planed and the promotors only have to say the truth....races were cancelled by something out of our means, we intend to resume the missing races but as of now no one knows where or when they can be resumed it will always be after mx and never before......what is the only truth you can take from the anoucement from feld....
making promises and statements that can not be proved is not plannig, its called other thing,and it is not only because of the stadiums being availeble,its next year in cause !!!!!!
and you saying that this period can be the off-season and the pros can race until winter and start a normal 2021 year is not telling the truth also.....i didnt expect that from a former pro !!!!!
i know that the money goes a long way and people have to do what they are paid for, but with this i lost a lot of respect that i had for the racer that you were, since i dont even know the person you are........
3/27/2020 8:10am
Some of you whiners need to crawl back under your mommas dress....

Thanks JT for the sensible post.

Post a reply to: The supercross season is not over.

The Latest