The start of another great rivalry.

mx196
12/10/2020 11:13am
hypermoto wrote:
Jeff can call them Squids because he’s the only professional racer in the argument. You aren’t. You did call a professional racer a Squid though, hilarious...
Jeff can call them Squids because he’s the only professional racer in the argument. You aren’t. You did call a professional racer a Squid though, hilarious coming from a mid pack D rider.

Both these kids have the dream of becoming pro racers. Jeff’s done it already.
Right, so you are saying a professional rider who goes around the whoops in a main event has enough credibility to call a 14 year old boy a squid, but because I am not a failed professional motocross racer I can't? Listen Jeff was nasty at times early in his career and I hope Jeff is plenty more successful off the bike but in this instance...come on man.

Just calling it like I see it.
12/10/2020 11:13am
FuzzyLogic wrote:
I almost wonder if Brian is setting the scenario for this kid to be hyped, disliked, and (most importantly) talked about intentionally. The way the kid...
I almost wonder if Brian is setting the scenario for this kid to be hyped, disliked, and (most importantly) talked about intentionally. The way the kid acts and the things he says certainly paint a big target on his back. If it is intentional, he is doing a great job of it.

I've said it a few times before; the sport needs the guys that you love to hate. I 'cant stand' this Deegan kid, but I hope he keeps it up and the rivalry grows.
username checks out
kage173
12/10/2020 11:14am
visser62 wrote:
It feels like kids in the US ride all year at compounds and then bitch about whatever petty drama happens at the two or three big...
It feels like kids in the US ride all year at compounds and then bitch about whatever petty drama happens at the two or three big races they do each year.

Meanwhile, in Europe, kids are digging into the sand, riding in the mud, doing whatever it takes to be fast as hell, without nary a concern for this bullshit.
So you're just chilling in the pits at EMX 125 races all across Europe translating 5 different languages or more, and telling us that none of those kids are complaining about each other?

Got it bro.

12/10/2020 11:16am
FuzzyLogic wrote:
I almost wonder if Brian is setting the scenario for this kid to be hyped, disliked, and (most importantly) talked about intentionally. The way the kid...
I almost wonder if Brian is setting the scenario for this kid to be hyped, disliked, and (most importantly) talked about intentionally. The way the kid acts and the things he says certainly paint a big target on his back. If it is intentional, he is doing a great job of it.

I've said it a few times before; the sport needs the guys that you love to hate. I 'cant stand' this Deegan kid, but I hope he keeps it up and the rivalry grows.
Nah Haiden is just a teen that has won a lot and doesn’t want to lose. On the full video Brian is cooling him down and saying it’s racing and you can’t win all the time.

The Shop

kage173
12/10/2020 11:19am
hartebreak wrote:
His reaction is a byproduct of the way these kids are coming up now. Instead of getting 4-6 gate drops per month, they ride endless laps...
His reaction is a byproduct of the way these kids are coming up now. Instead of getting 4-6 gate drops per month, they ride endless laps at the compound and take 4-6 gate drops per year. Cant replicate race conditions at a compound with 3 riders.
Or maybe he's just a regular dude that's heated after a race. I've heard +40 C riders at Chickenlicks get way more twisted over a lot less.

Difference is that people don't care what they say.
hypermoto
12/10/2020 11:21am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2020 11:23am
mx196 wrote:
Right, so you are saying a professional rider who goes around the whoops in a main event has enough credibility to call a 14 year old...
Right, so you are saying a professional rider who goes around the whoops in a main event has enough credibility to call a 14 year old boy a squid, but because I am not a failed professional motocross racer I can't? Listen Jeff was nasty at times early in his career and I hope Jeff is plenty more successful off the bike but in this instance...come on man.

Just calling it like I see it.
He was IN the main event. That’s the difference.

Yes. A professional Supercross main event racer has enough credibility to call a 14 year old amateur a squid.

Pourcel DNQ’d mains the year after Jeff Alessi was making them fairly easily.
12/10/2020 11:23am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2020 11:26am
hypermoto wrote:
You know why right? You know what Grant did purposely to his brother, while his bro was riding injured? Also notice, he’s racing Supercross. You must...
You know why right? You know what Grant did purposely to his brother, while his bro was riding injured?

Also notice, he’s racing Supercross. You must be a HELL of a rider if a SX main event rider is a “Squid” in your terms.
mx196 wrote:
Mike lined up behind the gate and chose to race with a broken knee cap understanding the risk is there he could be taken out or...
Mike lined up behind the gate and chose to race with a broken knee cap understanding the risk is there he could be taken out or crash. In regards to being sketchy, yes I think purposely cross jumping multiple consecutive jumps in supercross outweighs being taken out in a corner.

Also, "Squid," was actually Jeff's term, not mine. We square or do you need me to school you some more?
hypermoto wrote:
Jeff can call them Squids because he’s the only professional racer in the argument. You aren’t. You did call a professional racer a Squid though, hilarious...
Jeff can call them Squids because he’s the only professional racer in the argument. You aren’t. You did call a professional racer a Squid though, hilarious coming from a mid pack D rider.

He called him more than just a squid. Before the comment was edited, it said something to the effect of Deegan being a spoiled brat who has had everything handed to him by his parents, and that he needs to learn to value hard work, and that he's not really done much.

I won't insult Jeff or talk down his riding abilities because he's fast on a bike, but his comments were a bit over the top.
mx196
12/10/2020 11:26am
hypermoto wrote:
He was IN the main event. That’s the difference. Yes. A professional Supercross main event racer has enough credibility to call a 14 year old amateur...
He was IN the main event. That’s the difference.

Yes. A professional Supercross main event racer has enough credibility to call a 14 year old amateur a squid.

Pourcel DNQ’d mains the year after Jeff Alessi was making them fairly easily.
Hot take Dangerboy has more talent than Jeff Alessi therefore he does not have enough credibility to call someone better than him a squid.
hypermoto
12/10/2020 11:29am
mx196 wrote:
Mike lined up behind the gate and chose to race with a broken knee cap understanding the risk is there he could be taken out or...
Mike lined up behind the gate and chose to race with a broken knee cap understanding the risk is there he could be taken out or crash. In regards to being sketchy, yes I think purposely cross jumping multiple consecutive jumps in supercross outweighs being taken out in a corner.

Also, "Squid," was actually Jeff's term, not mine. We square or do you need me to school you some more?
hypermoto wrote:

He called him more than just a squid. Before the comment was edited, it said something to the effect of Deegan being a spoiled brat who...
He called him more than just a squid. Before the comment was edited, it said something to the effect of Deegan being a spoiled brat who has had everything handed to him by his parents, and that he needs to learn to value hard work, and that he's not really done much.

I won't insult Jeff or talk down his riding abilities because he's fast on a bike, but his comments were a bit over the top.
I didn’t see all that, to be fair.

But on the same note, that’s pretty much what all the amateur families in the pits (the ones who beat him and the ones who don’t) say. Idk, I don’t know the kid. But it’s the reputation people seemingly have given them.

I’m not for being an adult and chirping kids, but I’m also not for chirping people that reached the highest level the sport has to offer.

A bench warmer in the NFL still made it to the NFL.
hypermoto
12/10/2020 11:33am
mx196 wrote:
Hot take Dangerboy has more talent than Jeff Alessi therefore he does not have enough credibility to call someone better than him a squid.
That’s delusional. Do you know how good Jeff was as an amateur and pro?

88FYNN88
12/10/2020 11:37am
Brian has said this 100 times on the vlogs that it is good to have competition and he wants Haiden to have to battle for wins because that is real life when you go pro. Beating everyone by a large margin every year does not prep you for the future. This is the first year and big race Haiden has ever had people beat him or battle upfront with him (LilRedDog, CC66, and Janik27). It was clearly hard for him and it doesn't help a camera get thrown in his face the second he gets his helmet off. You can tell they tried to calm him down after he went off to the camera and I am sure this is a big eye-opener for him.
hypermoto
12/10/2020 11:40am
mx196 wrote:
And since pro racing doesn’t apparently mean much around here. Here’s some amateur stuff.

murph783
12/10/2020 11:51am
mx196 wrote:
hypermoto wrote:
That’s delusional. Do you know how good Jeff was as an amateur and pro? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/10/464564/s1200_9F384429_B6C9_4E5B_A521_CAC08E246E8D.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/10/464565/s1200_211CA6B4_FF64_4C97_B8D7_32958983AA7D.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/10/464567/s1200_C3B7DBC0_6AF4_45A3_B21E_2FEEE6BE50FE.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/10/464566/s1200_B9851056_FF3C_40AD_8C7B_FB8B4AC3E2F4.jpg[/img]
That’s delusional. Do you know how good Jeff was as an amateur and pro?

Holy shit, Reynard raced Freestone in '08!?
mx196
12/10/2020 11:54am
murph783 wrote:
Yeah man when he raced Hangtown in 2006 and he lead a good chunk of moto 1 or 2 as well if I recall correctly.
hypermoto
12/10/2020 11:58am
murph783 wrote:
mx196 wrote:
Yeah man when he raced Hangtown in 2006 and he lead a good chunk of moto 1 or 2 as well if I recall correctly.
I think you are right. What a fucking badass
c0ncEpT
12/10/2020 12:14pm
hartebreak wrote:
His reaction is a byproduct of the way these kids are coming up now. Instead of getting 4-6 gate drops per month, they ride endless laps...
His reaction is a byproduct of the way these kids are coming up now. Instead of getting 4-6 gate drops per month, they ride endless laps at the compound and take 4-6 gate drops per year. Cant replicate race conditions at a compound with 3 riders.
I understand what your saying but what would winning a 4 lap moto by a full minute do for him?

Deegan has said it before in his videos. They go to these national events because they don't have any competition on a local level.
hypermoto
12/10/2020 12:19pm
hartebreak wrote:
c0ncEpT wrote:
I understand what your saying but what would winning a 4 lap moto by a full minute do for him? Deegan has said it before in...
I understand what your saying but what would winning a 4 lap moto by a full minute do for him?

Deegan has said it before in his videos. They go to these national events because they don't have any competition on a local level.
Do what most other fast amateurs in history did. When he was a supermini kid, ride local events in b, A or pro class. Always impressive when they do that.
Johnny Ringo
12/10/2020 12:51pm
hartebreak wrote:
c0ncEpT wrote:
I understand what your saying but what would winning a 4 lap moto by a full minute do for him? Deegan has said it before in...

hypermoto wrote:
Do what most other fast amateurs in history did. When he was a supermini kid, ride local events in b, A or pro class. Always impressive...
Do what most other fast amateurs in history did. When he was a supermini kid, ride local events in b, A or pro class. Always impressive when they do that.
So you can’t criticize anyone if they are faster than you? Got it
rjg
12/10/2020 1:44pm
I wonder how many adults are going to get sucked into this bs thread.

Pit Row

visser62
12/10/2020 1:52pm
visser62 wrote:
It feels like kids in the US ride all year at compounds and then bitch about whatever petty drama happens at the two or three big...
It feels like kids in the US ride all year at compounds and then bitch about whatever petty drama happens at the two or three big races they do each year.

Meanwhile, in Europe, kids are digging into the sand, riding in the mud, doing whatever it takes to be fast as hell, without nary a concern for this bullshit.
kage173 wrote:
So you're just chilling in the pits at EMX 125 races all across Europe translating 5 different languages or more, and telling us that none of...
So you're just chilling in the pits at EMX 125 races all across Europe translating 5 different languages or more, and telling us that none of those kids are complaining about each other?

Got it bro.

Not only that; I'm reading their minds, talking to their parents, figuring out their family backgrounds, etc.

Nah, I'm sure there's some dumb stuff anywhere, seeing as how kids are kids, but in general I think the European scene seems a bit more focused on the moto, compared to the pageantry of the American amateur events. That's how it seems on the outside.
12/10/2020 3:40pm
hartebreak wrote:
c0ncEpT wrote:

hypermoto wrote:
Do what most other fast amateurs in history did. When he was a supermini kid, ride local events in b, A or pro class. Always impressive...
Haiden actually did race with the big bikes on his supermini at some local races before he got on the 125.
12/10/2020 4:05pm
hypermoto wrote:

He called him more than just a squid. Before the comment was edited, it said something to the effect of Deegan being a spoiled brat who...

hypermoto wrote:
I didn’t see all that, to be fair. But on the same note, that’s pretty much what all the amateur families in the pits (the ones...

But on the same note, that’s pretty much what all the amateur families in the pits (the ones who beat him and the ones who don’t) say. Idk, I don’t know the kid. But it’s the reputation people seemingly have given them.

I’m not for being an adult and chirping kids, but I’m also not for chirping people that reached the highest level the sport has to offer.

I’ve seen this ”spoiled kid getting everything handed to him” argument pop up every single time when Haiden is mentioned and I always find it a bit funny. I mean what are his parents supposed to do? I bet every single parent on this forum and in the pits would do the same if they could. And it’s not like Brian isn’t working his ass off to make these things possible for his kids. And if you think Haiden is where he is today just because of his parents you’re delusional. Money and connections can get you to a certain point, but you need talent and hard work to go with it to get where Haiden is. I’ve seen kids that get things handed to them, but not do anything with it because they’ve lacked the talent and work ethic.

For comparison, if you don’t know look up Lance Stroll or Nikita Mazepin in F1.
hypermoto
12/10/2020 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2020 4:11pm

hypermoto wrote:
I didn’t see all that, to be fair. But on the same note, that’s pretty much what all the amateur families in the pits (the ones...

I’ve seen this ”spoiled kid getting everything handed to him” argument pop up every single time when Haiden is mentioned and I always find it a...
I’ve seen this ”spoiled kid getting everything handed to him” argument pop up every single time when Haiden is mentioned and I always find it a bit funny. I mean what are his parents supposed to do? I bet every single parent on this forum and in the pits would do the same if they could. And it’s not like Brian isn’t working his ass off to make these things possible for his kids. And if you think Haiden is where he is today just because of his parents you’re delusional. Money and connections can get you to a certain point, but you need talent and hard work to go with it to get where Haiden is. I’ve seen kids that get things handed to them, but not do anything with it because they’ve lacked the talent and work ethic.

For comparison, if you don’t know look up Lance Stroll or Nikita Mazepin in F1.
I don’t have an opinion on any of this.

Like I said, this is what I always see people saying. I have no clue. Never met them. I don’t care about what a 14 year old says or does. I was very clear what I was talking about.
12/10/2020 4:33pm
These kids are smart as hell. These kinds of things are what peoples want to see and what will make the sport grow. Kids who play social media like these are the ones who will win in a near future.
12/10/2020 6:10pm
I don't follow amateur stuff so I'd never saw much of Ferry's kid before, seems like a cool kid, and super fast too. I'll go out on a limb and say he'll probably be even more successful than Tim was.
aaryn #234
12/10/2020 6:34pm
crowe660 wrote:
I wish I had Instagram so I could read the comments.
All 1588 of them!
BMc914
12/10/2020 7:05pm
Can the person who is in charge of Jeff give him his laser pointer back.

JB 19
12/10/2020 7:29pm
We need to stop making excuses for these "kids." Fast supermini riders and schoolboy riders are basically A riders. If you raced you know this.

This Deegan kid is going to be burnt out by the time he is 17. Brian's marketing skills will be the death of Haiden's racing career. Too much exposure too soon in life. Too much pressure, too many excuses, too much money, too much everything. The kid will want to do nothing but throw sick whips in 5 years.
12/11/2020 1:15am
JB 19 wrote:
We need to stop making excuses for these "kids." Fast supermini riders and schoolboy riders are basically A riders. If you raced you know this. This...
We need to stop making excuses for these "kids." Fast supermini riders and schoolboy riders are basically A riders. If you raced you know this.

This Deegan kid is going to be burnt out by the time he is 17. Brian's marketing skills will be the death of Haiden's racing career. Too much exposure too soon in life. Too much pressure, too many excuses, too much money, too much everything. The kid will want to do nothing but throw sick whips in 5 years.
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the opposite, I think he will be one of the most sought after, with hype levels of the Lawrence brothers..
88FYNN88
12/11/2020 4:01am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2020 4:04am
Clearly he is making friends with all the right people. They did a 100% photoshoot at their house the other day with the Star boys and HEP and yesterday they had the Supercross and Monster/Kawi team at his house.

Post a reply to: The start of another great rivalry.

The Latest

The Latest