The start of another great rivalry.

snackfedbear
12/13/2020 1:00am
BMc914 wrote:
So you were "self made" haha more like riding Mike's coat tail. You wouldnt of got shit from Honda if it wasn't for your brother let's...
So you were "self made" haha more like riding Mike's coat tail. You wouldnt of got shit from Honda if it wasn't for your brother let's be 💯 or 800.
What a shit comment. You’re what’s wrong with the internet
Johnny Ringo
12/13/2020 7:06am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2020 7:08am
I’m weirdly siding with Jeff Alessi on this topic.

Regardless of what happened later in their careers, the Alessi’s got where they were by hard work and grinding day in and day out. No one can deny that. Everything they got in AMs they earned
BMc914
12/13/2020 9:03am
BMc914 wrote:
So you were "self made" haha more like riding Mike's coat tail. You wouldnt of got shit from Honda if it wasn't for your brother let's...
So you were "self made" haha more like riding Mike's coat tail. You wouldnt of got shit from Honda if it wasn't for your brother let's be 💯 or 800.
I may be whats wrong with the internet but not society. Jeff Alessi a grown man calling a kid at least 15 years younger names cause his dad did well for himself and had a plan. Get a Clue!!

The Shop

Chance1216
12/13/2020 9:07am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2020 9:08am
BMc914 wrote:
BMc914 wrote:
I may be whats wrong with the internet but not society. Jeff Alessi a grown man calling a kid at least 15 years younger names cause...
I may be whats wrong with the internet but not society. Jeff Alessi a grown man calling a kid at least 15 years younger names cause his dad did well for himself and had a plan. Get a Clue!!
You forgot a comma.
12/13/2020 9:24am
BMc914 wrote:
I may be whats wrong with the internet but not society. Jeff Alessi a grown man calling a kid at least 15 years younger names cause...
I agree. Again, I won't take anything from the Alessi's; both Mike and Jeff are fast riders. But Jeff's comment and personal attacks on the younger Deegan are uncalled for.
numbers
12/13/2020 9:34am
I’m weirdly siding with Jeff Alessi on this topic. Regardless of what happened later in their careers, the Alessi’s got where they were by hard work...
I’m weirdly siding with Jeff Alessi on this topic.

Regardless of what happened later in their careers, the Alessi’s got where they were by hard work and grinding day in and day out. No one can deny that. Everything they got in AMs they earned
Yep the Amatuer racing is cut throat. You survive on top you've proven yourself fir the next level.
Monte122
12/13/2020 9:36am
BMc914 wrote:
This.... envy is such a nasty thing.

Comparing yourself with other people, what they have or have done is what's wrong with the internet and society!

This thread had potential but it went downhill fast, seems to be the norm when certain people see the Deegans are involved.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
12/13/2020 9:48am
BMc914 wrote:
So both dads worked hard to better the life of their kids. Its not Haiden's fault that when he came out the whom all the things...
So both dads worked hard to better the life of their kids. Its not Haiden's fault that when he came out the whom all the things you mentioned were available to him. Calling a kid names shows how petty you are.
Dude, you lost the argument now you’re just trying to make yourself feel good.
numbers
12/13/2020 11:18am
Ryder DeFrancesco and deegan will be the ones to watch.
Cochran is just as fast.
hypermoto
12/13/2020 11:25am
Ryder DeFrancesco and deegan will be the ones to watch.
I’m not sure on Deegan.

Can we get a list of riders who grew up that prominently that have made an impact on the sport (via championships, wins, etc).

It’s nothing against them, so lets actually just drop his name and make that a random question. It just seems the guys earning it and sacrificing the most seem to do the best in the sport of Motocross. This isn’t F1, NASCAR, etc.
numbers
12/13/2020 4:12pm
Kids a squid
66TR66 wrote:
WoohooLaughingCool No Way. That is POTY quality. Sublime.
I know plenty of kids that are adult men that were the fastest local kids and tried to go big time PRO. Everyone of them had the goods, separations in speed is little so one should respect those that make it.
MX114
12/13/2020 5:42pm
Mitch Payton was just saying on the whiskey throttle show that in his experiences it’s the riders who grow up with working class families that know what it means to struggle, that have the greatest chance at becoming champions in this sport. Like the Stewart’s, carmichaels, villipotos, dungeys... all of them were regular working folks before there kids turned pro. Not the kid who is pampered and groomed his entire life with everything that’s the very best always given to him. Could be totally wrong but it’s not going to be Haiden deegan that turns into the next big thing in the pro’s. It going to be the other kid who doesn’t get the spotlight or factory treatment right now. That’s the type of kid that when the going gets tough will be able to push thru until he reaches the top spot cause he knows how to fight and struggle. I’m not a deegan hater either. He is an awesome rider but I see a mike alessi type situation once he turns pro. Successful but not that champion
Nick_Lalanne
12/13/2020 11:37pm
The hypocrisy here. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/10/464543/s1200_20201210_114545.jpg[/img]
The hypocrisy here.
robotsfrom wrote:
Isn't this Ferry's first year on a 125? If Ferry is cherry picking what was danger boy doing at Lorettas in mini sr's and not the...
Isn't this Ferry's first year on a 125? If Ferry is cherry picking what was danger boy doing at Lorettas in mini sr's and not the super mini class....
Hasn’t Deegan been dodging Ryder D for a while now?
hyler199
12/14/2020 6:07am Edited Date/Time 12/14/2020 6:11am
Threads gunna have so many pages by the end of it and it doesn’t matter lol no ones going to know how this goes for another 3 years when they all start lining up together on the gate and 10 years to see who actually did what they were “expected” to do

There’s definitely not much hate towards Hailee I’ve seen. In the end these individuals are gunna have their own personalities
12/14/2020 3:20pm
I don,t blame none of the boys for pushing vids. All there trying to do is. Improve there station, treat there baby to sophistication. They,ve all seen the adds, it all looks Nice, better work hard , they seen the price. Bit of freestyle for ya.Smile Any idea what 6 flags or a water park date cost, always more fun if ya bring her friends along and pay for there entree.
50dippin
12/15/2020 9:08am
The range of emotion for Brian must be epic. 25 years ago none of these companies would give him a chance or a second thought. Now...
The range of emotion for Brian must be epic. 25 years ago none of these companies would give him a chance or a second thought. Now they want to do press day for the season at his compound.

Isnt that the place that was for sale not that long ago?
Both of their houses are for sale, probably trying to cash out at the height of the market. But 6mil for a house in Temecula accessed by a dirt road will be a tough sell.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
12/16/2020 1:12am
The hypocrisy here. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/10/464543/s1200_20201210_114545.jpg[/img]
The hypocrisy here.
Have we got a *you're in this thread yet? So many quoted responses I'm dizzy trying to read through it.
12/17/2020 4:47am Edited Date/Time 12/17/2020 4:47am
Hypermoto, mx196, doesn’t even deserve a response. Don’t want to confuse him facts. Apparently, reading comprehension isn’t his strong suit. And, those race stats were after...
Hypermoto, mx196, doesn’t even deserve a response.
Don’t want to confuse him facts. Apparently, reading comprehension isn’t his strong suit. And, those race stats were after breaking both my feet in 37 places, and my back at 13, and told I would never walk again, let alone ride, or ride at the highest level as a professional racer all over the world.

He obviously, just wants to continue to rehash a childish mistake that was done as a joke from years ago, with no malicious intent, and act holier than thou, and attack and hate on me. It must be nice to be so perfect, and such an accomplished pro rider, who knows so much about the industry, like Mx196.

As far as Deagan, he’s talented, but his dad has the money and time to get him the best bikes, training, etc., so he has a significant advantage over most riders, isn’t on a fair playing field, hasn’t proven himself, is overrated, and isn’t out there beating older riders that are pros or racing up classes.

Further, when he does go pro, I think he’s in for a rude awakening, and I don’t think he is as talented, as much so, as his dad is at marketing him and selling his talent. He doesn’t race riders unless he knows he can beat them, or if they may challenge him, or tarnish his race record, which makes him appear to be a better rider than he actually is.

At that age, I was racing and beating pros, and didn’t have the money his dad has to give me a significant advantage in equipment, training, time on the bike, etc. from the start of me racing, like he has had. That’s all I’m saying. Nothing against him, and any dad in his dad’s position, would do the same for their child if they could afford to do so, and want the best for them.
First of all, I’m a fan of your whole family and think Tony is amazing for the sport, so I’m not just shitting on you here.

From the outside looking in, listening to interviews and reading articles etc, it seems like Tony would have done absolutely anything to help you and Mike to win, he has talked about racing and training all over the country, even renting national tracks etc.

So to shit on deegan for doing whatever he can for his kid, and call him “overrated” seems a little rich to me.. if I was in Brian’s position I would do the same, as have many other parents throughout the years, I would dare say you and your brother were given amazing opportunities too.

MyBobbym
12/17/2020 2:12pm
hypermoto wrote:
Jeff can call them Squids because he’s the only professional racer in the argument. You aren’t. You did call a professional racer a Squid though, hilarious...
Jeff can call them Squids because he’s the only professional racer in the argument. You aren’t. You did call a professional racer a Squid though, hilarious coming from a mid pack D rider.

Both these kids have the dream of becoming pro racers. Jeff’s done it already.
He called him more than just a squid. Before the comment was edited, it said something to the effect of Deegan being a spoiled brat who...
He called him more than just a squid. Before the comment was edited, it said something to the effect of Deegan being a spoiled brat who has had everything handed to him by his parents, and that he needs to learn to value hard work, and that he's not really done much.

I won't insult Jeff or talk down his riding abilities because he's fast on a bike, but his comments were a bit over the top.
hypermoto wrote:
I didn’t see all that, to be fair. But on the same note, that’s pretty much what all the amateur families in the pits (the ones...
I didn’t see all that, to be fair.

But on the same note, that’s pretty much what all the amateur families in the pits (the ones who beat him and the ones who don’t) say. Idk, I don’t know the kid. But it’s the reputation people seemingly have given them.

I’m not for being an adult and chirping kids, but I’m also not for chirping people that reached the highest level the sport has to offer.

A bench warmer in the NFL still made it to the NFL.
Jeff's a pretty good bait caster, he caught at least 2 here. Not very big though.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
12/17/2020 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2020 3:36pm
MX114 wrote:
Mitch Payton was just saying on the whiskey throttle show that in his experiences it’s the riders who grow up with working class families that know...
Mitch Payton was just saying on the whiskey throttle show that in his experiences it’s the riders who grow up with working class families that know what it means to struggle, that have the greatest chance at becoming champions in this sport. Like the Stewart’s, carmichaels, villipotos, dungeys... all of them were regular working folks before there kids turned pro. Not the kid who is pampered and groomed his entire life with everything that’s the very best always given to him. Could be totally wrong but it’s not going to be Haiden deegan that turns into the next big thing in the pro’s. It going to be the other kid who doesn’t get the spotlight or factory treatment right now. That’s the type of kid that when the going gets tough will be able to push thru until he reaches the top spot cause he knows how to fight and struggle. I’m not a deegan hater either. He is an awesome rider but I see a mike alessi type situation once he turns pro. Successful but not that champion
I do'nt think Mitch Payton was necessarily describing Evan Ferry either then. He hasnt been lacking for bike time, pro tracks, fast company good bikes and experienced coaching. Look at some of the pro names that have rolled through Red dogs house in recent years while Evans been learning the ropes.. He's not a blue collar kid either.

I dont particularly agree with Payton either though. Moving forward its going to be harder and harder to find that working class kid, it costs so much to compete and get noticed these days, they all come from money to some degree really.
12/17/2020 3:50pm
mx196 wrote:
Hot take Dangerboy has more talent than Jeff Alessi therefore he does not have enough credibility to call someone better than him a squid.
hypermoto wrote:
That’s delusional. Do you know how good Jeff was as an amateur and pro? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/10/464564/s1200_9F384429_B6C9_4E5B_A521_CAC08E246E8D.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/10/464565/s1200_211CA6B4_FF64_4C97_B8D7_32958983AA7D.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/10/464567/s1200_C3B7DBC0_6AF4_45A3_B21E_2FEEE6BE50FE.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/10/464566/s1200_B9851056_FF3C_40AD_8C7B_FB8B4AC3E2F4.jpg[/img]
That’s delusional. Do you know how good Jeff was as an amateur and pro?

Hypermoto, mx196, doesn’t even deserve a response. Don’t want to confuse him facts. Apparently, reading comprehension isn’t his strong suit. And, those race stats were after...
Hypermoto, mx196, doesn’t even deserve a response.
Don’t want to confuse him facts. Apparently, reading comprehension isn’t his strong suit. And, those race stats were after breaking both my feet in 37 places, and my back at 13, and told I would never walk again, let alone ride, or ride at the highest level as a professional racer all over the world.

He obviously, just wants to continue to rehash a childish mistake that was done as a joke from years ago, with no malicious intent, and act holier than thou, and attack and hate on me. It must be nice to be so perfect, and such an accomplished pro rider, who knows so much about the industry, like Mx196.

As far as Deagan, he’s talented, but his dad has the money and time to get him the best bikes, training, etc., so he has a significant advantage over most riders, isn’t on a fair playing field, hasn’t proven himself, is overrated, and isn’t out there beating older riders that are pros or racing up classes.

Further, when he does go pro, I think he’s in for a rude awakening, and I don’t think he is as talented, as much so, as his dad is at marketing him and selling his talent. He doesn’t race riders unless he knows he can beat them, or if they may challenge him, or tarnish his race record, which makes him appear to be a better rider than he actually is.

At that age, I was racing and beating pros, and didn’t have the money his dad has to give me a significant advantage in equipment, training, time on the bike, etc. from the start of me racing, like he has had. That’s all I’m saying. Nothing against him, and any dad in his dad’s position, would do the same for their child if they could afford to do so, and want the best for them.
Are you implying that we shouldn't believe the hype? Grinning
TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
12/17/2020 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2020 3:55pm
MX114 wrote:
Mitch Payton was just saying on the whiskey throttle show that in his experiences it’s the riders who grow up with working class families that know...
haydos25 wrote:
I do'nt think Mitch Payton was necessarily describing Evan Ferry either then. He hasnt been lacking for bike time, pro tracks, fast company good bikes and...
I do'nt think Mitch Payton was necessarily describing Evan Ferry either then. He hasnt been lacking for bike time, pro tracks, fast company good bikes and experienced coaching. Look at some of the pro names that have rolled through Red dogs house in recent years while Evans been learning the ropes.. He's not a blue collar kid either.

I dont particularly agree with Payton either though. Moving forward its going to be harder and harder to find that working class kid, it costs so much to compete and get noticed these days, they all come from money to some degree really.
I don't necessarily think Mitch was referring to either rider. I think history shows that children of pros tend to stick with it and be relatively successful. The Ansties, the Everts, the Vialles, etc. I think that having a parent who has been through it helps the child realize that it's gonna be work to get there.

Now that I think about it, I'd probably put Eli Tomac into the same category, son of successful professional athlete.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
12/17/2020 4:29pm
I don't necessarily think Mitch was referring to either rider. I think history shows that children of pros tend to stick with it and be relatively...
I don't necessarily think Mitch was referring to either rider. I think history shows that children of pros tend to stick with it and be relatively successful. The Ansties, the Everts, the Vialles, etc. I think that having a parent who has been through it helps the child realize that it's gonna be work to get there.

Now that I think about it, I'd probably put Eli Tomac into the same category, son of successful professional athlete.
Defnitely. I dont think he was talking specifically about either rider either. Just generally speaking neither rider really fits the definition he was giving as coming from a working class background and having to fight for everything moving through the ranks.

Its basically just two white collar teenagers who both have private supercross tracks, the best hook ups and connections since day dot and parents who can teach them the correct way from the start. Other than individual personalities and the youtube and social media following of Deegan being a bit more substantial they're basically the same kid.

There are definitely a few examples of second generation riders who've been successful in their own right, but i would suggest not as many as in some other sports.
wb173
12/17/2020 5:05pm
Will be interesting when both these talented kids get to the pro level. I raced Tim Ferry many times and probably signed the same contract he did from Rick Spillman in '88 and '89. Couple of bikes... some Hondaline gear.. and $500-$1,500 in parts... don't remember all the details but that was awesome in that ERA.

The OG Red Dog is a good dude and had humble beginnings. Deegan did too. Both ended up very successful in the sport we love.

Brian has posted a lot of respect to the Ferry's on IG... yep I'm old but I can follow the stuff.

Both kids have all the talent in the world . Hope the "pro" ranks work out for them both and look forward to both of them growing up as successful dudes fighting for championships for years to come.
Jwrcursed13
7/23/2023 10:59am
hartebreak wrote:
His reaction is a byproduct of the way these kids are coming up now. Instead of getting 4-6 gate drops per month, they ride endless laps...
His reaction is a byproduct of the way these kids are coming up now. Instead of getting 4-6 gate drops per month, they ride endless laps at the compound and take 4-6 gate drops per year. Cant replicate race conditions at a compound with 3 riders.
Agreed. Stop sending kids to training facilities, bring back weekly local racing and graduate high school I love how he tagged Deegan and gave him credit...
Agreed. Stop sending kids to training facilities, bring back weekly local racing and graduate high school

I love how he tagged Deegan and gave him credit for the footage. Lol

💥LMAO... D.Bradshaw would hav ALL these kiddos in tears 😭 He was 1/2 lap faster than ANY (including RC & BUBBA) rider... HANDS DOWN THE FASTEST MINI X  MOTOCROSS OF ALL TIME!!! BeastFromTheEast on that 'Hamme' sponsored YZ 60... UNBELIEVABLE 👀💥

Post a reply to: The start of another great rivalry.

The Latest