The silence from the Peanut gallery

MyBobbym
Edited Date/Time 7/26/2022 12:48pm
is hilarious concerning Maximus and his ability. The kid is picking up the pace and a podium is in the kids future.
|
NeedMoto
7/24/2022 6:33pm
Was just thinking the same thing. He's stepped up his game and is riding well these last couple weeks!
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/24/2022 6:34pm
MyBobbym wrote:
is hilarious concerning Maximus and his ability. The kid is picking up the pace and a podium is in the kids future.
Agreed.

The Shop

7/24/2022 8:05pm
He has always been an outdoor guy. I think he will be fine in Supercross next year. I don’t expect a win but he can be a 4-7 guy in Supercross next year. He has skill.
Gary Duck
7/25/2022 8:40am
The most interesting thing I've noticed is that he has not been getting good starts and settling into top 10 finishes but rather getting shitty starts and having to work up to the p5-7 spots.

garasaki
7/25/2022 8:50am
I was at Millville watching him come down Mount Martin during practice and he was the only 250 who was manualing this HUGE breaking bump before the second drop off. I mean at speed. Like he lands, goes a million miles an hour, lifts the front wheel, puts it down with precision, all on a super steep downhill.

I was impressed.
GG121
7/25/2022 9:55am
He's looking better and better. Hopefully he finishes strong and gets some good supercross training in the off season, and looks for podium positions next summer. This sport is ruthless when it comes to these kids. He's 19
aeffertz
7/25/2022 10:00am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 10:05am
Define Peanut Gallery please.

I’ve heard plenty about Max and it’s always in his defense from all the moto media outlets I listen to. Or are you just trying to create another fake narrative to rustle feathers over a non story? Your post makes it seem like the dude is shunned and constantly ignored. I honestly think I’ve only heard praise when it comes to max and the media saying his results are getting better and he was pushed into his current role earlier than they planned.

Should there be headlines across every page of the internet saying “MAX ALMOST GOT A PODIUM” and if they don’t it’s silence?
7/25/2022 10:06am
Saw him in person at Dilla last summer and his technique stands out even amongst the best riders on the planet. We criticize the teams for using these kids up and tossing them aside but sure seemed like the fans were ready to bury this kid too
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
7/25/2022 10:32am
aeffertz wrote:
Define Peanut Gallery please. I’ve heard plenty about Max and it’s always in his defense from all the moto media outlets I listen to. Or are...

I’ve heard plenty about Max and it’s always in his defense from all the moto media outlets I listen to. Or are you just trying to create another fake narrative to rustle feathers over a non story? Your post makes it seem like the dude is shunned and constantly ignored. I honestly think I’ve only heard praise when it comes to max and the media saying his results are getting better and he was pushed into his current role earlier than they planned.

Should there be headlines across every page of the internet saying “MAX ALMOST GOT A PODIUM” and if they don’t it’s silence?
Maximusrex is still pretty young and in a couple years he will be racing for a Championship....so says the peanut rattling round in my dome....
Hammer 663s
7/25/2022 11:13am
Yup, I spent quite some time at Washougal on Saturday watching Max. He looks much like Sexton and Jett on the bike. Similar style and technique. I think in 2 years he is going to be a force as well. He's still very young.
Zoom
7/25/2022 2:10pm
garasaki wrote:
I was at Millville watching him come down Mount Martin during practice and he was the only 250 who was manualing this HUGE breaking bump before...
I was at Millville watching him come down Mount Martin during practice and he was the only 250 who was manualing this HUGE breaking bump before the second drop off. I mean at speed. Like he lands, goes a million miles an hour, lifts the front wheel, puts it down with precision, all on a super steep downhill.

I was impressed.
He started racing BMX for a few years before racing MX. Manualing skills are off the chart. Still rides BMX trails and parks.
Bow977
Fantasy
115th
7/25/2022 7:03pm
I get that he’s had some rough results but you can’t pretend he doesn’t deserve his ride. He’s beating a lot of guys with rides.
Bruce372
7/25/2022 8:22pm
7th for the championship after 8 races. Only austrian bike in front is 6th and a veteran of that team and series. Awesome.

Nice people as well, chatted to them at the track.
7/25/2022 8:33pm
aeffertz wrote:
Define Peanut Gallery please. I’ve heard plenty about Max and it’s always in his defense from all the moto media outlets I listen to. Or are...

Seemed to be the popular opinion a few weeks ago on vital that he didn’t deserve a factory ride and that Roger was an idiot for wasting time with him.
MyBobbym
7/26/2022 12:08pm
aeffertz wrote:

Seemed to be the popular opinion a few weeks ago on vital that he didn’t deserve a factory ride and that Roger was an idiot for...
Seemed to be the popular opinion a few weeks ago on vital that he didn’t deserve a factory ride and that Roger was an idiot for wasting time with him.
Bingo.
TeamGreen
7/26/2022 12:31pm
If you watch his jumps…? The kid has some Magoo in him.

He’s getting things figured out and seems to be growing into the new bike.
7/26/2022 12:48pm
TeamGreen wrote:
If you watch his jumps…? The kid has some Magoo in him.

He’s getting things figured out and seems to be growing into the new bike.
Magoo? LOL Let’s not put too much pressure on Max.

Mouse153
7/26/2022 4:34pm
He's got talent, speed and has good people around him. He'll be fine.

Post a reply to: The silence from the Peanut gallery

The Latest