The rookies

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2019 12:46 PM

Well I dont think many would of assumed Joey would be the most impressive rookie through 6 races. Hes had bad finishes but has for sure shown the most speed out of the 3 rookies riding. I thought he was honestly going to be the worst of the 4 at the beginning of the year. I'm curious where zacko is going to fit in next weekend.

|

2/10/2019 12:49 PM

I had a Feeling Joey was gonna do good , i had him as 2nd best behind Osborne in my mind

|

2/10/2019 1:06 PM

I was shocked and happily surprised that Joey was not only the top qualifier but was able to lead the main for half the race. I'm a lifelong Kawi/Pro Circuit guy so I'm really rooting for him to be a title contender in the near future. I'm just curious what's going to happen when AC92 is ready to make the jump to 450's. I imagine Tomac will still be in his prime on the Kawi 450 and I can't see them having 3 factory 450 riders (Tomac, AC, Joey). My fear is that Joey doesn't show improvement and gets the boot for AC. It would be sad to see Joey switch to another team or end up in a situation like Dean Wilson where he's a privateer with a bunch of help from the factory team. I'm really looking forward to AC moving up to the 450 but would suck to see Joey lose the ride.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

2/10/2019 1:32 PM

I like AP a lot but I didn’t have him pegged as an instant success. Joey is surprising. If AC does come up to Kawi next year I could see Joey being good fit at JGR. Hill needs to get on that MCR train, no outdoors and incentive based contracts.

|

2/10/2019 2:16 PM

I thought by now we may have seen a little more from Plessinger. With winning a SX and MX title last year, he would have an abundance of confidence and that would translate into results. I am not taking away from how he has done so far but thought he may fight for a podium or two by now. Will be interesting what he does come Daytona as he seems more of an outdoor guy.

|

2/10/2019 2:21 PM

ProKawi24 wrote:

I was shocked and happily surprised that Joey was not only the top qualifier but was able to lead the main for half the race. I'm a lifelong Kawi/Pro Circuit guy so I'm really rooting for him to be a title contender in the near future. I'm just curious what's going to happen when AC92 is ready to make the jump to 450's. I imagine Tomac will still be in his prime on the Kawi 450 and I can't see them having 3 factory 450 riders (Tomac, AC, Joey). My fear is that Joey doesn't show improvement and gets the boot for AC. It would be sad to see Joey switch to another team or end up in a situation like Dean Wilson where he's a privateer with a bunch of help from the factory team. I'm really looking forward to AC moving up to the 450 but would suck to see Joey lose the ride.

Guess thats why he got a 1 year contract instead of a 2 year...for me ac92 can stat down in the light class

|

2/10/2019 2:52 PM

I don’t think AC necessarily “needs” to move up next year so maybe Joey is safe.

Savatgy has shown some good signs. AP needs more time to adjust. I’m sure Osborne will be as good or better than Joey. We will see soon.

|

2/10/2019 2:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2019 2:55 PM

|

2/10/2019 5:01 PM

TakeFive wrote:

I thought by now we may have seen a little more from Plessinger. With winning a SX and MX title last year, he would have an abundance of confidence and that would translate into results. I am not taking away from how he has done so far but thought he may fight for a podium or two by now. Will be interesting what he does come Daytona as he seems more of an outdoor guy.

Same here. I thought Ap was going to be the next best behind Zacko. He seems to be struggling with the bike setup and starts aren't the best. Hell Reed passed him and dropped him a couple weeks in a row now.

|

2/10/2019 6:03 PM

JS17 has been better than I thought. I'm extremely happy he is showing me wrong! Dude is ripping

|