“The reeds” new YouTube channel following Chad and family

Edited Date/Time 9/22/2021 8:06pm
It’s going to follow the progression of the kids racing. Should be interesting.
|
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
9/21/2021 10:06pm
Smart move for his kids, it’s definitely worked for the Deegan family and their marketability
gerg
9/21/2021 11:37pm
This is really cool.

I don't have a link just a memory, but there was an interview where Chad once said if his kids ever got into racing....because the sport is so knarly and dangerous, they would be going all in.

Imagine Chad as a coach...he was renowned for going through as many practice bikes as he went through fuel...leaving the practice track in the dark every day etc.

Ellie's passion is also really cool to see.
Moto520
9/22/2021 7:59am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2021 9:18am
The wife knows how to do this whole marketing of the family thing. She does a lot of good content on Instagram. It feels like a money thing to me. Don't get me wrong....i want to see it....i just don't want them selling me shit. Do it for the love of the sport and to grow the fanbase. They will make a ton of money doing this and trying to sell us whatever they have to sell. I want to hear from the great Chad Reed......this will be an Ellie thing. Also,...this will make the kids famous and maybe they don't want that. Doesn't matter what they want.....it's going to happen anyway.

Yes....i'm fun at parties.

The Shop

kb228
9/22/2021 8:05am
Moto520 wrote:
The wife knows how to do this whole marketing of the family thing. She does a lot of good content on Instagram. It feels like a...
The wife knows how to do this whole marketing of the family thing. She does a lot of good content on Instagram. It feels like a money thing to me. Don't get me wrong....i want to see it....i just don't want them selling me shit. Do it for the love of the sport and to grow the fanbase. They will make a ton of money doing this and trying to sell us whatever they have to sell. I want to hear from the great Chad Reed......this will be an Ellie thing. Also,...this will make the kids famous and maybe they don't want that. Doesn't matter what they want.....it's going to happen anyway.

The money is going to go to the sport
McG194
9/22/2021 8:17am
Moto520 wrote:
The wife knows how to do this whole marketing of the family thing. She does a lot of good content on Instagram. It feels like a...

What the effff gives you the right to tell them not to do it for money?

People are freaking bold. Guy has spent a ton of money buying a racetrack and getting everything set up not to mention all the money he pumped into his own team. Even if he had never done any of that stuff he is free to do anything he likes.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/22/2021 8:25am
Moto520 wrote:

McG194 wrote:
What the effff gives you the right to tell them not to do it for money? People are freaking bold. Guy has spent a ton of...

People are freaking bold. Guy has spent a ton of money buying a racetrack and getting everything set up not to mention all the money he pumped into his own team. Even if he had never done any of that stuff he is free to do anything he likes.
...and to allow his kids to race, or become famous, or not. Maybe, just maybe, he and Ellie had a husband and wife conversation or two about how to best raise their own kids. I'm going way out on a limb and assuming here, but I doubt they care a whole lot what we think about their decisions on that matter.
gt80rider
9/22/2021 8:28am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2021 8:28am
Here comes all the Deegan copycats..... Dig Reed... but that is not his gig..... dude needs to be behind the wheel of a Lambo or TORC truck or team manager or something... not pimping his family out for a few bucks on social media.... whos in the worse financial shape, RC, Reed, or Stew (actually Stew seems to be doing ok)?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2021 8:30am
gt80rider wrote:
Here comes all the Deegan copycats..... Dig Reed... but that is not his gig..... dude needs to be behind the wheel of a Lambo or TORC...
Here comes all the Deegan copycats..... Dig Reed... but that is not his gig..... dude needs to be behind the wheel of a Lambo or TORC truck or team manager or something... not pimping his family out for a few bucks on social media.... whos in the worse financial shape, RC, Reed, or Stew (actually Stew seems to be doing ok)?
Copycats? Plenty of other families on YouTube before Deegan.
Tumic
9/22/2021 8:33am
gt80rider wrote:
Here comes all the Deegan copycats..... Dig Reed... but that is not his gig..... dude needs to be behind the wheel of a Lambo or TORC...
Rather see the Reed family instead of Deegans over hyped clickbait shit..

Coach529
9/22/2021 8:42am
The moto world is a better place with the Reed family in it.
Moto520
9/22/2021 9:17am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2021 9:50am
Moto520 wrote:

McG194 wrote:
What the effff gives you the right to tell them not to do it for money? People are freaking bold. Guy has spent a ton of...

I don't have the right to tell them anything. They can do whatever they want. I'm just getting burnt out on the Youtube/ Instagram influencer thing that's going on right now. Trust me....i love the Reeds and have always been a huge fan of Reed......i love the guy. He's almost god like to me. They have every right to turn their popularity into money and i don't blame them for doing it. It's the way of the future and my post is more of a commentary on the changes that are happening due to Youtube/ instagram. Popularity has become monetized and the influence that it is having our society is a weird thing. I just need to adjust to the changing ways of the world. Things change but stay the same. Hollywood and famous actors/ athletes used to sell us stuff and we knew it was happening. Jordan with his shoes in a commercial.....Billy Dee Williams with his Colt 45....it's always been popular people selling us shit. The new Youtube and instagram shit does a better job of disguising the fact that we are being sold.

On a side note.....i just bought some Fox T-shirts and will probably buy from CBDMD next time i'm stocking up on sleep aid. I also went to the Mountain Motorsports website just to see what the hell that is. That shit works on me like a mofo!

SilverSpurs
9/22/2021 9:22am
gt80rider wrote:
Lols at concern and lack of understanding over Reeds finances.

He is a shrewd operator.

You know, in 2009 when he won the 450 Outdoor title on the Makita Suzuki he had backed himself to win with Lloyds of London and made 3 million US on that plus his 5 times 200K win bonus' and his 2 million salary, plus 1 mil from Parts Unlimited.

Look it up if you don't believe.

Zycki11
9/22/2021 9:36am
B Lenny wrote:
She talks too much...Dry
You post stupid shit to much....
That’s why he is always getting clicked. Forums give people courage to act stupid for some reason
McG194
9/22/2021 10:27am
Moto520 wrote:
I don't have the right to tell them anything. They can do whatever they want. I'm just getting burnt out on the Youtube/ Instagram influencer thing...
I don't have the right to tell them anything. They can do whatever they want. I'm just getting burnt out on the Youtube/ Instagram influencer thing that's going on right now. Trust me....i love the Reeds and have always been a huge fan of Reed......i love the guy. He's almost god like to me. They have every right to turn their popularity into money and i don't blame them for doing it. It's the way of the future and my post is more of a commentary on the changes that are happening due to Youtube/ instagram. Popularity has become monetized and the influence that it is having our society is a weird thing. I just need to adjust to the changing ways of the world. Things change but stay the same. Hollywood and famous actors/ athletes used to sell us stuff and we knew it was happening. Jordan with his shoes in a commercial.....Billy Dee Williams with his Colt 45....it's always been popular people selling us shit. The new Youtube and instagram shit does a better job of disguising the fact that we are being sold.

On a side note.....i just bought some Fox T-shirts and will probably buy from CBDMD next time i'm stocking up on sleep aid. I also went to the Mountain Motorsports website just to see what the hell that is. That shit works on me like a mofo!

Sounds much better and I pretty much agree with you when you put it like that. The whole "influencer" thing bogles my mind. I don't mind when it's someone who has accomplished something but stars who are stars because they are stars (?) drive me nuts. I'm talking to you Kardashians. I just don't let those type of people enter my consciousness.
Bruce372
9/22/2021 11:30am
I am glad my television has an off button. Same with my phone.

One thing I always ponder, does social media turn people into narcissists? Or does it just give narcissistic people a medium for attention?

Another question, if you do something and don't post it to social media, did it even happen?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
9/22/2021 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2021 12:16pm
I didn't make it through the whole thing but Chad was really struggling to get a word in. This is clearly the Ellie show. Fair play, she put up with racing for years and now he has to put up with a family vlog. lol
rosebud441
9/22/2021 1:41pm
Love the matching wife beaters !!, Class act all the way,

Dale gribble called and wants his wardrobe back
luke11
Fantasy
2263rd
9/22/2021 1:54pm
I love it and hope it develops into a quality vlog over time.

Ellie is annoying as fuck though, I’m sure she’s an amazing mom/wife but you can tell this was her idea and she’s dying for the attention. If she calms down though I can see it being a vlog I keep up with.
Heggo
9/22/2021 4:14pm
luke11 wrote:
I love it and hope it develops into a quality vlog over time. Ellie is annoying as fuck though, I’m sure she’s an amazing mom/wife but...

Ellie is annoying as fuck though, I’m sure she’s an amazing mom/wife but you can tell this was her idea and she’s dying for the attention. If she calms down though I can see it being a vlog I keep up with.
Probably had too much RD Coffee Wink
LungButter
9/22/2021 4:26pm
rosebud441 wrote:

Let it go man. Find a safe space to cry if you need.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
9/22/2021 5:47pm
gt80rider wrote:
you do know Reed would have a higher worth than almost all of them combined? And than include his offshore investments.. Reed made some ridiculously smart investments in the early 2000's and is still living off that to this day.
Reed didn't just make money from racing.. he's a business man. was smart enough to put himself around some very well known and educated people in the business world.

Reed has no interest in the money side. its purely passion and doing what ever his kids want. and the youtube thing.. i love the idea. just another way for his fan base to keep in touch.
CPR
9/22/2021 6:48pm
luke11 wrote:
I love it and hope it develops into a quality vlog over time. Ellie is annoying as fuck though, I’m sure she’s an amazing mom/wife but...

Ellie Reed does appear very outspoken in that video, but you have to put it in context:

She left her own dreams behind 20 years ago as a 16yo, to go with Chad to Europe and chase his dream. Think about that for a moment; two teenagers with absolutely no family support, in totally foreign countries, just them against the world. She was the only one that was there and wouldn’t let him give up when things were tough. If she wasn’t strong, he may not have been so successful.

Then after all his success, and they’re starting to have kids, he starts Team Twotwo. Who do you think was running the show behind the scenes; doing finances, deals and promotions? The same Ellie Reed.

She probably knows the business and psychological side of the moto industry better than many of the recognised coaches and managers. I think she’s more than earned the right to speak and be respected as an individual.

And maybe, she’s excited to take on a new team role?
Sully
9/22/2021 6:49pm
gt80rider wrote:
Tumic wrote:
Rather see the Reed family instead of Deegans over hyped clickbait shit..

The Internet is big enough for both of them...
luke11
Fantasy
2263rd
9/23/2021 1:21am
luke11 wrote:

CPR wrote:
Ellie Reed does appear very outspoken in that video, but you have to put it in context: She left her own dreams behind 20 years ago...
Ellie Reed does appear very outspoken in that video, but you have to put it in context:

She left her own dreams behind 20 years ago as a 16yo, to go with Chad to Europe and chase his dream. Think about that for a moment; two teenagers with absolutely no family support, in totally foreign countries, just them against the world. She was the only one that was there and wouldn’t let him give up when things were tough. If she wasn’t strong, he may not have been so successful.

Then after all his success, and they’re starting to have kids, he starts Team Twotwo. Who do you think was running the show behind the scenes; doing finances, deals and promotions? The same Ellie Reed.

She probably knows the business and psychological side of the moto industry better than many of the recognised coaches and managers. I think she’s more than earned the right to speak and be respected as an individual.

And maybe, she’s excited to take on a new team role?
I get all that, but for the quality of the content my constructive criticism is she needs to calm down on camera.
I am very interested in her as a person but I don’t want to find listen to her at a million miles an hour talking over people etc etc
tobz
9/23/2021 2:50am
rosebud441 wrote:

LungButter wrote:
Let it go man. Find a safe space to cry if you need.
Internet must be real hard for you if this guys joke grinds your gears that much that you have to respond like a child. Is this all you do around here?
McG194
9/23/2021 5:06am
The Chad/Ellie dynamic is pretty interesting to me. If I didn't know who Chad was and watched those two I would think he is a total cuck and let's his wife dominate him. After watching them for so many years and knowing how headstrong Chad is I don't think he could be with a woman who wasn't as headstrong as he is. I don't see it as him having a domineering wife who doesn't let him get a word in I see it as him digging watching her do her thing and speak her mind. Sounds like what a good marriage is made of.

Post a reply to: “The reeds” new YouTube channel following Chad and family

The Latest