The premier factory team?

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
1/3/2019 4:42pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm wonder what y'all think the answer would be from the rider's perspective: what team would YOU PICK if you're looking at it from the perspective...
I'm wonder what y'all think the answer would be from the rider's perspective: what team would YOU PICK if you're looking at it from the perspective of the rider that wants the best environment for your personal growth and success ...as a rider?

Defined: a place where you'd enjoy the people, the testing and develoment, the racing and hopefully winning...
As a Team.

Where's that team for you?
That's what I was thinking.
To me
1.Husky
2.KTM
3.Suzuki
4.Honda
5.Kawsaki
6.Yamaha
And honestly I'd put smart top above Kawasaki and Yamaha....
kb228
1/3/2019 5:01pm
Kawi is the winningest out of them all.. dont know how you can put anyone above them tbh.
RACERX69
1/3/2019 7:19pm
Anyone who thinks Honda is the current “bench mark” or “tip of the spear” is stuck in the past. Honda hasn’t been relevant since RC left in 2004. Honda is merely a shadow of its former self.
ob
1/3/2019 7:19pm
Honda?? Now you are taking it back. Ktm Husky are the ones pushing development and spending the money.

The Shop

deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
1/3/2019 7:56pm
Every one keeps talking about KTM pushing development..

But what has changed on them? they have always had the same things they had in the early 2000's.
Electric start maybe but the only big change for KTM i know of is when they finally went to Linkages.

KTM had to push development to catch up to every other manufacture. wasn't until Decoster went over and turned it all around. they have only just caught up to the rest of the field when you think back.
they haven't spent money in developing there bikes. they have spent money on keeping all sorts of models and variety in the market.

BikeGuy321
1/3/2019 8:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2019 9:04pm
kb228 wrote:
Kawi is the winningest out of them all.. dont know how you can put anyone above them tbh.
Eli and Kawi have had more mechanical DNFs than all the other teams combined though. And Eli would be winning on any brand right now.

1. KTM/Husky
2.Honda/Kawasaki
3. Yamaha/Suzuki

1.Yamaha
2.KTM/Husky
3.Honda/Kawi
4. Suzuki
BikeGuy321
1/3/2019 9:03pm
Every one keeps talking about KTM pushing development.. But what has changed on them? they have always had the same things they had in the early...
Every one keeps talking about KTM pushing development..

But what has changed on them? they have always had the same things they had in the early 2000's.
Electric start maybe but the only big change for KTM i know of is when they finally went to Linkages.

KTM had to push development to catch up to every other manufacture. wasn't until Decoster went over and turned it all around. they have only just caught up to the rest of the field when you think back.
they haven't spent money in developing there bikes. they have spent money on keeping all sorts of models and variety in the market.

You have to dump thousands of dollars into a Yamaha, Honda, or Suzuki to match weight with a KTM. YZ450's, CRF 250 and 450, and RMZ450's are heavier now then when the models debuted in the early 2000's.
Crush
1/3/2019 9:13pm
If you're going by success since 2010 onwards, doesn't it have to be KTM and Kawi?

JMed651
1/3/2019 9:17pm
I guess I’m biased. After having a Honda mini trail 50 in the living room one Christmas morning I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t the factory team that gave me the warm and fuzzies.
As said above, the term “Factory Honda” just makes me think of badasses...
TeamGreen
1/3/2019 9:28pm
Crush wrote:
If you're going by success since 2010 onwards, doesn't it have to be KTM and Kawi?

Aren't there some Suzukis in there...including Kenny in '16 & RD in '10 (2) ...?
Crush
1/3/2019 11:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2019 11:40pm
Crush wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Aren't there some Suzukis in there...including Kenny in '16 & RD in '10 (2) ...?
Yeah there is, but KTM are Dunge 5, an outdoor for Kenny, and I think a regional or two...

And then Kawi is 8 right? RV's 6, Eli's 2 plus gawd knows how many wins otherwise. Can't think when they won a tiddler title last.

Yamaha hasn't won a title since they went backwards but they've dominated the tiddlers.

Zook had both in 2010 and Kenny in 16 outdoors.

Honda have some Lites titles in that time but I don't think have won any premiere titles since RC right?
H4L
1/4/2019 6:30am
Would ya just look at it... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/03/315565/s1200_C4D3F15B_9CFD_4F2E_939A_CBDA273CF3A8.jpg[/img]
Would ya just look at it...

The HRC bikes are always a work of art..
Honda is a forward thinking company & an innovator on many things that the other Japanese companies follow like the AF, 450 4t. The dual exhaust although not received with open arms by many in the industry or consumers is innovative on an mx bike by the engineers for mass centralization. They were also the 1st company to go back to spring forks & the other Japanese brands followed as well.

They have been close to big bike titles since RC, but unfortunately the riders have gotten hurt that were contending.
kb228
1/4/2019 6:33am
kb228 wrote:
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Eli and Kawi have had more mechanical DNFs than all the other teams combined though. And Eli would be winning on any brand right now. 450...
Eli and Kawi have had more mechanical DNFs than all the other teams combined though. And Eli would be winning on any brand right now.

1. KTM/Husky
2.Honda/Kawasaki
3. Yamaha/Suzuki

1.Yamaha
2.KTM/Husky
3.Honda/Kawi
4. Suzuki
The only mechanicals i remember is elis bike blowing up at redbud for the national and mxgp. Other than that they were the result of a crash and cant be put onto the team. RV didnt have many(if any at all - i dont remember).

Now the PC team, yea they have been dropping the ball.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
1/4/2019 8:44am
kb228 wrote:
The only mechanicals i remember is elis bike blowing up at redbud for the national and mxgp. Other than that they were the result of a...
The only mechanicals i remember is elis bike blowing up at redbud for the national and mxgp. Other than that they were the result of a crash and cant be put onto the team. RV didnt have many(if any at all - i dont remember).

Eli had a problem with his front brake at Glen Helen 2017. Also wasn't there an SX race in either 2017 or 2018 that he had an issue with his front brake?
kb228
1/4/2019 9:05am
kb228 wrote:
The only mechanicals i remember is elis bike blowing up at redbud for the national and mxgp. Other than that they were the result of a...

RichieW13 wrote:
Eli had a problem with his front brake at Glen Helen 2017. Also wasn't there an SX race in either 2017 or 2018 that he had...
Eli had a problem with his front brake at Glen Helen 2017. Also wasn't there an SX race in either 2017 or 2018 that he had an issue with his front brake?
Yea both are right but he broke them when he crashed. Bent rotor in that sx race and then dented master cylinder from a rock at glen helen
Adam43
1/4/2019 9:33am
RACERX69 wrote:
Anyone who thinks Honda is the current “bench mark” or “tip of the spear” is stuck in the past. Honda hasn’t been relevant since RC left...
Anyone who thinks Honda is the current “bench mark” or “tip of the spear” is stuck in the past. Honda hasn’t been relevant since RC left in 2004. Honda is merely a shadow of its former self.
The prestige and mystique of Honda goes far beyond the recent history of the US SX/MX race team.

It is the largest and most powerful company that participates in motocross, by far. It is larger than all the other OEMs combined.

Their success across a huge swath of racing disciplines and other industries is well documented.

Being associated with a brand like that carries a weight that the others aren't really able to match.
1/4/2019 9:35am
kb228 wrote:
Yea both are right but he broke them when he crashed. Bent rotor in that sx race and then dented master cylinder from a rock at...
Yea both are right but he broke them when he crashed. Bent rotor in that sx race and then dented master cylinder from a rock at glen helen
Junk! People think what they want and only look for points of debate. I can think of plenty of somewhat recent failures from all companies in both classes. Shit happens sometimes.
jonboy688
1/4/2019 9:57am
if i was a rider i would want to be on the jgr team for sure!!!! unlimited amount of r&d with a full blown NASCAR shop next door, in house suspension, test tracks and a super laid back crew!!! they catch a bunch of flack for doing to much on here, but i guess everyone forgets barcia beat dungey a few times when dungey was in his prime
kb228
1/4/2019 10:07am
kb228 wrote:
Yea both are right but he broke them when he crashed. Bent rotor in that sx race and then dented master cylinder from a rock at...
Junk! People think what they want and only look for points of debate. I can think of plenty of somewhat recent failures from all companies in...
Junk! People think what they want and only look for points of debate. I can think of plenty of somewhat recent failures from all companies in both classes. Shit happens sometimes.
Yea. I remember a couple years ago the yamaha 250s were having issues. Ktm has had some with dung and mcelrath. Theyre all pretty even.

Post a reply to: The premier factory team?

The Latest