The only one who can beat RV

71Fish
Edited Date/Time 2/12/2012 11:49am
The only one who can beat RV this year is RV. I hate to say it but the title is his to lose this year.

Disclaimer: I'm a Dungey fan.
|
SlowMoFo
2/12/2012 8:26am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2012 8:36am
I am sure Reed has something to say about this!
Feldspar
2/12/2012 8:33am
Also a Dungey fan and agree no one is beating RV for this title. I hate to say it but Dungey is going to have a tough year. I also think he is loosing confidence every week. I don't believe he passed RV, Reed, or Stew once last year. I don't think he will this year either. For him to do better than 4th place probably means one of the top three messed up somewhere, which will happen quite a bit with Stewart crashing most of the time. I also hate his happy to make the podium attitude.

BTW, Dungey looked like an amature in the whoops. Even guys like Whindham and Weimer looked much quicker through the whoops. I am not blaming the KTM for this.
kongols
2/12/2012 8:42am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2012 8:43am
There is no stopping him right now. His confidence is mile high and he`s 100% confident in his bike. Deadly combo.

The Shop

ThegodSmith
2/12/2012 8:47am
Feldspar wrote:
Also a Dungey fan and agree no one is beating RV for this title. I hate to say it but Dungey is going to have a...
Also a Dungey fan and agree no one is beating RV for this title. I hate to say it but Dungey is going to have a tough year. I also think he is loosing confidence every week. I don't believe he passed RV, Reed, or Stew once last year. I don't think he will this year either. For him to do better than 4th place probably means one of the top three messed up somewhere, which will happen quite a bit with Stewart crashing most of the time. I also hate his happy to make the podium attitude.

BTW, Dungey looked like an amature in the whoops. Even guys like Whindham and Weimer looked much quicker through the whoops. I am not blaming the KTM for this.
Why not blame the bike? Dungey may have had issues but it looks like KTM has some work to do on their suspension and setup at this level.

Disclaimer: I have three KTMs in the garage.
neysbo
2/12/2012 8:49am
RV is definitly on a roll but Reed really impressed me last night. He reeled in and passed RV than messed up by going so high in the corner and leaving the door open.

Reed is definitly laying it on the line this year and his bike looks to be dialed in. He is only 6 points out.

I do agree though RV seems to be in the drivers seat and it may be his to loose but Reed could force him into mistakes by keeping the pressure on.

Hopefully some more great finishes to come.
Cook441
2/12/2012 8:59am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2012 9:00am
theres little room for error...so if the past is anyindication reed is in good shape. dungey was loosing a second in those whoops. he was faster ghan js everywhere but them so...ktm and him have some work but i wouldnt count him out yet.
machine
2/12/2012 9:23am
I'm an RV fan, but i'm definitely not comfortable. All it would take to change things is one crash, just look at what happened to Eli, he was in the drivers seat and ONE crash changed everything.

The good thing though, is RV knows this......
2/12/2012 9:27am
It's a long series, and I think RV has a much higher chance of yard saling it somewhere along the line than Reed.

If that don't happen, I don't see Villopoto losing this title.
karnivool
2/12/2012 9:28am
71Fish wrote:
The only one who can beat RV this year is RV. I hate to say it but the title is his to lose this year. Disclaimer...
The only one who can beat RV this year is RV. I hate to say it but the title is his to lose this year.

wow...that is incredibly original and insightful
M-M
2/12/2012 10:25am
I'm slightly disappointed there hasn't been any fireworks between the top four so far.

Reed had a perfect opportunity last night to rattle RV's cage . But then again, there's a lot of rounds to go. JS7 might aswell go all out now after that devastating crash last night.
moto282
2/12/2012 10:41am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2012 10:41am
It's still way too early to make any predictions IMO. Reed's going to be tough. He looked really fast last night and he's more consistent than RV. RV has done a good job of being consistent this year, but history has shown that RV is more likely to make a mistake than Reed, so like I said, too early to call it. I think last night is going to motivate Reed, so I'm hoping we get more races like last night.
Hando
2/12/2012 11:33am
It's no ones title until the points lead is too great to overcome or until the last race.

All it takes is ONE mistake and anyones season is over.
whatttup_G
2/12/2012 11:49am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2012 11:53am
71Fish wrote:
The only one who can beat RV this year is RV. I hate to say it but the title is his to lose this year. Disclaimer...

i have to agree with the OP here, RV is on a tear and to me.. an outsider not as in as the some here.. this dude is on fire, riding about as good as he probably ever will in his life, anyone wondering what it looks like to be at the top of your game, just check jeremy when he was hot, RC when he was hot, JS when he was hot.. etc.. right now, its a busy crowd but RV is tearing it up

this pic is from glen helen in may of 09, i suck at photog but its not because i dont try.. i managed this photo of RV in moto 2 as he passed the entire field, i recall he won that moto and might have taken the day, but he was running at another speed than the rest of the field... i have a pic as well of the start, which went alessi, grant and short into turn one.. i dont recall seeing RV on fire until halfway in the moto, but i really remember him from that point

anyways, enjoy the pic

Post a reply to: The only one who can beat RV

The Latest