The new Sidi Atojo SRS boot.....

datkin128
4/29/2020 5:46pm
SPYGUY wrote:
Anyone have a size comparison to SG12's? I wear a size 11 in SG12's and am wondering if I need to go up a size in...
Anyone have a size comparison to SG12's? I wear a size 11 in SG12's and am wondering if I need to go up a size in the Atojo.
The atojo fits true to size. I wear 11 in all other shoes and also do in the Atojo. It fits similar to other sidi boots I’ve had in the past.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
4/29/2020 5:50pm
Myke wrote:
I forgot to hit the free fedex shipping, ordered last week and received a notice from postnl that the package was received but no information from...
I forgot to hit the free fedex shipping, ordered last week and received a notice from postnl that the package was received but no information from the tracking number. Hopefully they will show up someday I cant wait to get them.
49weasel wrote:
Take that number and put it into Google. It will pull up info.
That worked. It appears they are crossing the ocean right now. I hope by plane......
49weasel
4/29/2020 6:23pm
Myke wrote:
I forgot to hit the free fedex shipping, ordered last week and received a notice from postnl that the package was received but no information from...
I forgot to hit the free fedex shipping, ordered last week and received a notice from postnl that the package was received but no information from the tracking number. Hopefully they will show up someday I cant wait to get them.
49weasel wrote:
Take that number and put it into Google. It will pull up info.
Myke wrote:
That worked. It appears they are crossing the ocean right now. I hope by plane......
Mine took 8 days.
jonboy688
4/30/2020 3:58pm
Just got mine in. Fit is great and very close to the fit like my tech 7’s. I ordered a 46 and wear a 11 in the tech 7
Hard to beat the price and shipping time!! Chromeburner for the win!!!

The Shop

323racer
4/30/2020 6:01pm
I received my boots today as well. For reference, I have previously worn fox instincts, tech 10s and tech 7s. I find myself favoring the tech 7s based primarily on comfort but would like a little more protection, hence giving these a try. The fox's were too narrow for my feet and I could never get a good connected feel with the bike in tech 10s.

When initially putting on the Atojos I was a little shocked at the lack of comfort. The inside of the boot seems to have very thin padding in the ankle area compared to the Astars boots. Top that with being very tight in the ankle area and I was worried these wouldn't work for me. I messed with the buckles and got the tension set a little on the looser side and also switched to a thicker sock and that made a significant improvement. The ankle area is still very tight and creates a pressure point on both the inside and outside of my ankle but it's at least bearable with thicker sock. I am hoping that this loosens up over time but I have my doubts.

Next observation was the fit in the toe box. I had a lot of extra room in these. I wear a size 10 in both the Astars boots and I got a size 44 in these Atojos. With the amount of extra room I had, I felt like I got one size too big. I took the advice from this thread and tried a sole insert from a pair of work boots and that made a world of difference. The sole that comes in the boot is very thin, the one I used from my work boot was a fair amount thicker and it tightened everything up nicely. The length still feels a bit long but not enough to be concerned with.

Between the tight ankle area and the lack of padding on the inside, I am still concerned that these boots wont work for me but at the price that you can get them through chrome burner I figure it's still worth the try. The flexibility at the ankle is very impressive, you can feel the support but they move much easier than my tech 10s did. Not as easy as the 7s but that is to be expected. The sole stiffness is also in line with a tech 10, much stiffer than the 7.

Obviously these are just initial observations, I hope to ride in them this weekend to see how they feel on the bike.
Motofinne
4/30/2020 11:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2020 11:30pm
One thing with the tight ankle area, it will get bigger/looser and "mold" with your ankle after a few hours of riding. At least mine have! I will also add an insole to make the toe box a bit tighter.
navalseabee
5/9/2020 5:13pm
So what's the verdict now that you boys have had a chance to rise in them a bit? Anyone give a comparison to a tech 10?
323racer
5/16/2020 3:43am
Nobody have any time in them yet?
I'm finally going to get out and ride in them for the first time today so I'll post an update this evening
datkin128
5/25/2020 1:12pm
So I rode in my Atojos for the first time yesterday. They felt good! Felt like Sidi’s. One thing I noticed is that they felt a little different than my crossfire boots when tapping the rear brake. Yes they are brand new so it’s normal for them to feel a little different, but when id go into turns and go to tap the rear brake the boot felt a little shorter to me. I ended up adjusting my rear brake pedal up some to compensate. I also haven’t ridden since January so maybe that’s part of it. Just an observation. The shifting side felt fine. Overall happy with them and they felt comfortable to me!
Thelen20
5/25/2020 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2020 2:29pm
I was able to get my first ride in with the new Sidi Atojo boots this past week and overall I'm impressed! Probably the biggest compliment that I can give them after one ride is it did not feel like I was wearing brand new boots.

I wear a size 12 tennis shoe and a size 11.5 red wing work boot. I got the size 47/12.5 sidi's because I had a chance to try on some crossfire 3's at the shop and the size 46/11.5 was definitely too short. My foot is just a little bit on the narrow side. I also had to add a work boot insole to tighten up the toe box on the 12.5 sidi's, but the length is perfect. My boots are also very tight through the upper ankle area but not so much that I was uncomfortable. Walking around in these boots you can really feel the lighter weight (I'm coming off of SG-12s).

On the bike, like I said, it didn't feel like I was wearing brand new boots. I was instantly comfortable which is rare for me in a new pair of boots. My feet and ankles felt supported. The sole to foot peg Interface did feel "harder" than my 4-year-old SG-12s, but that is to be expected. The sole on the atojo's are fairly smooth and hard in my opinion.

The only bad thing about them that I experienced was on my right boot, one of the gray rubber gripper tabs on the ankle pivot piece came out of the hole during 2 of my 4 motos that day. It's obviously catching on my side panel or something. When the rubber piece comes out of the plastic it is still tethered by a strand of rubber so it just kind of hangs there. I was able to tuck the wider base of the gripper tab that is supposed to hold it in place back into the hole in the plastic with the screwdriver. I will probably have to trim the top of the rubber gripper down so that one has a lower profile and doesn't catch. That or maybe I can add some glue at the base to help hold it in??? I don't know I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it yet.

Overall, after the initial ride, I will give them an 8.5/10. Can't wait to ride in them some more!!!
Thelen20
5/27/2020 4:58am
Thelen20 wrote:
I was able to get my first ride in with the new Sidi Atojo boots this past week and overall I'm impressed! Probably the biggest compliment...
I was able to get my first ride in with the new Sidi Atojo boots this past week and overall I'm impressed! Probably the biggest compliment that I can give them after one ride is it did not feel like I was wearing brand new boots.

I wear a size 12 tennis shoe and a size 11.5 red wing work boot. I got the size 47/12.5 sidi's because I had a chance to try on some crossfire 3's at the shop and the size 46/11.5 was definitely too short. My foot is just a little bit on the narrow side. I also had to add a work boot insole to tighten up the toe box on the 12.5 sidi's, but the length is perfect. My boots are also very tight through the upper ankle area but not so much that I was uncomfortable. Walking around in these boots you can really feel the lighter weight (I'm coming off of SG-12s).

On the bike, like I said, it didn't feel like I was wearing brand new boots. I was instantly comfortable which is rare for me in a new pair of boots. My feet and ankles felt supported. The sole to foot peg Interface did feel "harder" than my 4-year-old SG-12s, but that is to be expected. The sole on the atojo's are fairly smooth and hard in my opinion.

The only bad thing about them that I experienced was on my right boot, one of the gray rubber gripper tabs on the ankle pivot piece came out of the hole during 2 of my 4 motos that day. It's obviously catching on my side panel or something. When the rubber piece comes out of the plastic it is still tethered by a strand of rubber so it just kind of hangs there. I was able to tuck the wider base of the gripper tab that is supposed to hold it in place back into the hole in the plastic with the screwdriver. I will probably have to trim the top of the rubber gripper down so that one has a lower profile and doesn't catch. That or maybe I can add some glue at the base to help hold it in??? I don't know I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it yet.

Overall, after the initial ride, I will give them an 8.5/10. Can't wait to ride in them some more!!!
Pictures of the issue I talked about in my review post.

navalseabee
5/30/2020 7:25am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2020 7:25am
Ride number 1 about to go down. I'll report back later.
6/8/2020 5:11pm
Does anyone have an updated coupon code?
I could use one as well. Been running CF 3 TA's for a long time wouldn't mind trying the SRS as long as they aren't too skinny in the toe box.
6/8/2020 6:01pm
Does anyone have an updated coupon code?
I could use one as well. Been running CF 3 TA's for a long time wouldn't mind trying the SRS as long as they aren't too...
I could use one as well. Been running CF 3 TA's for a long time wouldn't mind trying the SRS as long as they aren't too skinny in the toe box.
Create a membership put the boots in your cart but don't buy them and within a day or so you will get an email with an extra discount. I ordered mine Sunday night. $387 shipping included.
Thelen20
7/15/2020 10:47pm
I caught my toe in the dirt and ripped my left foot off the peg really hard last weekend. My ankle popped and got sore for a few days but nothing damaged or broken. I'm happy with how the Atojo's protected my leg in that situation!

I'm still missing shifts here and there because they still feel different than my sg12's. Other than that the only issue I have is that rubber gripper still popping out of its groove like I posted the other day. I guess I'm going to get some shoe goo in behind there or something.

After several rides on them now I will give them 4 🌟's.
Bramlett321
7/16/2020 8:21am
Thelen20 wrote:
I caught my toe in the dirt and ripped my left foot off the peg really hard last weekend. My ankle popped and got sore for...
I caught my toe in the dirt and ripped my left foot off the peg really hard last weekend. My ankle popped and got sore for a few days but nothing damaged or broken. I'm happy with how the Atojo's protected my leg in that situation!

I'm still missing shifts here and there because they still feel different than my sg12's. Other than that the only issue I have is that rubber gripper still popping out of its groove like I posted the other day. I guess I'm going to get some shoe goo in behind there or something.

You're too fast bro I've seen you ride !!!
Thelen20
7/16/2020 10:13am
Thelen20 wrote:
I caught my toe in the dirt and ripped my left foot off the peg really hard last weekend. My ankle popped and got sore for...

You're too fast bro I've seen you ride !!!
Ha!!! I highly doubt that is the problem!Silly
walkitoff
7/18/2020 3:59pm
Thelen20 wrote:

4 out of 5 stars? I'm running SG12's right now, just wondering how you'd compare them?
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
7/18/2020 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2020 5:12pm
SG12 >Crossfire 3 SRS > Atojo SRS

I liked the SIDI's over the SG12 because they are more form fitting than the SG12's to my ankle and foot. I did really like the SG12 when I was using them, but the SIDI's were better fitting and less bulking feeling.

I have two rides on my Atojo's now and I find that there seems to be more room vertically in the toe box (similar to the SG12) so I had to go to a thicker sock (I may try a insole as mentioned here). They feel lighter that the Crossfires and I really like only having 3 buckles. The Ajoto's have a more minimal feel (best way to describe it) but the feel very protective. The ankle stop seems to be more solid and less travel than the Crossfire's as well.

I think the sole is not as soft as the Crossfire's, I have a feeling the pegs are not biting in as much but that could be because they are still brand new.

My comment (and I am not a tester by no way) is that these boots are light and minimal feeling (in a good way), you really can feel the bike but your foot and ankle are still well protected as opposed to other boots that have more of a padded feel so you don't have as much bike feel because of how much padding there is in the boot.

7/18/2020 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2020 3:42am
I went up a size and these still feel lighter. From 46 to 47. My toes were getting beat up. I've always used an aftermarket insole. They do feel slightly larger but still lighter. I like the lighter feeling best. I like the 3 buckle system. No real problem there except it seems I have to adjust the upper Velcro twice. Once before buckling and then re-align again after upper buckle is closed. Id rather have less buckles and maybe I just haven't figured out how to close the bootie yet. Same support and what seems to be better protection. I have changed the soles on the SRS 3 it's a nice quick way to freshen up your boots. I've ridden in the New ATOJO boots about 7 times. Including a hell tour day trip to Budds Creek. I'm enjoying the size up and overall feel better in the new boot. I went with the gun metal grey. Only available in Europe. They clean super easy with the hybrid materials. Easier to just give a shot of simple green and hose off. Hope this helps. Yes I love them. Get them. Hope you agree. Chrome Burrner is the shizzle.. loved it. They owe me a second pair of boots for this report. Hit me up. Ping, somebody! Keefer what up.. Hahaha
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
7/18/2020 6:33pm
If your Crossfire 3's fit well I wouldn't go up a size, these fit the same to me with more room in the toe box.
navalseabee
7/19/2020 2:52am
15-18 hours on mine, still really like them. Very comfy on the foot, tons of grip on the bike, lots of feel on the foot pegs and shifter, feeling the rear brake is a bit numb compared to the T10 however. They’re super light, it’s a noticeable difference. Like Big Mike said you have to fiddle with the Velcro twice, once before and once after buckling. I bought the Grey ones and they still look like new. Chrome Burner FTW
yz133rider
7/22/2020 1:47pm
Can one of you atojo owners do me a favor? Hold the boot by the sole with one hand, with the other grab by the upper end of the boot, now try to flex it to the side, laterally and let me know how stiff it is. The SIDI crossfires would flex just below the ankle pivot because it wasn’t reinforced below the pivot itself, it was a glaring issue in my eyes.

It appears the pivot is beefed up on the atojo and I’m interested!! Just needs to have to protection I’m looking for. The sole replacement system is very appealing because I’m incredibly hard on soles, how expensive are replacement soles?
Thelen20
7/23/2020 6:52pm
Thelen20 wrote:

walkitoff wrote:
4 out of 5 stars? I'm running SG12's right now, just wondering how you'd compare them?
Atojo's are way lighter and less "bulky" feeling to me than my SG12's were. I can walk normally in my Atojo's. Walking in SG12's was always a altered gait for me due to weight and stiffness. I love the buckles on the Atojo's, easy to operate and no issues so far.

My SG12's had a softer sole and better grip on the pegs than the Atojo's. That's probably the only thing about SG12's that I would score better than the Atojo's. I'm hoping that as the hard rubber on the sole of the Atojo's gets scuffed up they grip better.

I have about 4 hours on my Atojo's now. That same rubber grip pad that kept coming out of its hole came out and got torn off completely this past weekend. I wish I would have come up with a permanent solution sooner but I don't have to worry about it anymore. I'm on a 2015 KTM 250SX and it was obviously catching on the bottom of my side panel.

8/26/2020 2:39pm
I watched the video review on the home page which suggested going down a size from your regular Sidis. I decided to give it a shot since I feel the boots have been steadily creeping up in size ever since the original crossfire.

Long story short - don't do it, went from a 44 to 43 and the ankles are just too tight for me.

If anyone is interested in a pair of black / red atojos with 2 rides on them PM me...
8/26/2020 5:20pm
how would you say the width is compared to previous models especially the TA soles as I've never had SRS. the CF2 SRS was too narrow for me, never tried the CF3 SRS

Post a reply to: The new Sidi Atojo SRS boot.....

The Latest