The most dangerous race I've ever seen

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2019 9:50 AM

Not sure if this has ever been posted on here before but I just came across this video on YouTube. Hands down the most sketchy/unsafe track I've ever seen. Does anyone have more info on this? We're these common in the 80s?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NOHqY-R-4x8

|

3/13/2019 10:20 AM

Awesome! Sketchy as hell. But awesome.

|

3/13/2019 10:23 AM

Lol.. and people were bitching about Daytona.

|

3/13/2019 10:26 AM

The trip up the stands is awesome

|

3/13/2019 10:26 AM

I love the little doggie fences with friggin plants in them. Nothing about this entire race makes any sense. It's like Death Race meets Supercross and this race was their aborted fetus.

|

2017 CRF450r

3/13/2019 10:34 AM

I never thought that was "dangerous" except the possibility of sketchy ramps blowing apart when taking off.

I wish they would bring back the peristyle too. They did a hardcross style race in 2013 or so also.

|

3/13/2019 10:35 AM

Looks endurocrossy

|

3/13/2019 10:39 AM

mx617 wrote:

Looks endurocrossy

I was thinking that myself.

|

3/13/2019 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2019 10:48 AM

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

Not sure if this has ever been posted on here before but I just came across this video on YouTube. Hands down the most ...more

thats how we did SX back in the days in the Netherlands ...

thats indoor racing at Ahoy stadium in Rotterdam , one of first attempts to get SX and go indoor ...

there were races outdoor and indoor ..outdoor races looked a lot better and most were organized bij Gerrit Wolsink

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

3/13/2019 10:41 AM

Who wouldn't race that track? I think it would be quite fun to race that track.
If you want to see dangerous,check out an Isle of Man race,death nearly every year.

|

3/13/2019 10:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2019 10:45 AM

har ... I would...simple
no knobbys

|

3/13/2019 10:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2019 10:48 AM

Not sure if this has ever been posted on here before but I just came across this video on YouTube. Hands down the most ...more

RichardLoots wrote:

thats indoor racing at Ahoy stadium in Rotterdam , one of first ...more

I actually did a couple of these races in the mid-eighties, in Austria and Switzerland, with railroad ties as whoops and wooden planks on scaffolding for jumps, and of course those velodrome turns! It was really difficult and weird but not so dangerous as this one looks... Tom Carson and Mike Beier were really good at these races, and so was "Mad" Mike Jones and Louie Franco!

And Richard, wasn't Veronica a pirate radio station? I did the Veronica Beach Race one year, won by Kees Van der Van and John Van den Berk, and that was truly hairball! The promoter was a man named Bob DeJong, who was a pioneer in reality TV shows. He also wore a long goat like a gunfighter, with a big tiger print on the back... He was quite a character! Do you know if he's still around?

DC
Racer X

|

3/13/2019 10:58 AM

DC wrote:

I actually did a couple of these races in the mid-eighties, in Austria and Switzerland, with railroad ties as whoops and ...more

yeah it was a pirate radio station back in the days , they organized lots of moto events and one of them was the beachrace .. Bob de Jong was also the commentator for the tv .. he had a tv show , like a early TopGear ..
Bob did a lot back in the days for motosport in general ..

Bob is no longer with us , he died age 71 in 2013 .

got a list with some races from back in those days , beach race is one of them , scroll down to see all of them

https://hah.life/video/yesmnpX3CAdQ/-/1989%20Indoor%20Motocross%20Ahoy%20Rotterdam%20NL

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

3/13/2019 11:04 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

DC wrote:

I actually did a couple of these races in the mid-eighties, in Austria and Switzerland, with railroad ties as whoops and ...more

RichardLoots wrote:

yeah it was a pirate radio station back in the days , they organized lots of moto events and one of them was the beachrace .. ...more

Awesome, thank you!

DC
Racer X

|

3/13/2019 11:06 AM

I like that there looked to be actual trash in the trash can left on the track. "just use whatever is around to set up the course!"

|

3/13/2019 11:39 AM

How about human tough blocks?

|

3/13/2019 11:52 AM

MOTO732 wrote:

I love the little doggie fences with friggin plants in them. Nothing about this entire race makes any sense. It's like Death ...more

Before the supercross > monster truck connection, it appears the equestrian event was the day before.

|

3/13/2019 11:54 AM

The answer to Lime

|

3/13/2019 12:06 PM

RichardLoots wrote:

yeah it was a pirate radio station back in the days , they organized lots of moto events and one of them was the beachrace .. ...more

Just so you know, I got a trojan warning for something called cryto miner or some shit warning about it and virus scan blocked the connection.

|

3/13/2019 12:18 PM

I have seen that video so many times (have no idea why) and it's such a head scratcher. It's like a backyard race built out of plywood sheets and random shit laying around to build jumps (like we did as a kid).

|

3/13/2019 12:51 PM

Was one of the guys on a Honda wearing a backpack?

|

3/13/2019 1:17 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

yeah you are right , one of the very first attempts to get a camera onboard ... pre GoPro edition laughing

|

3/13/2019 1:17 PM

DC wrote:

I did too Davey. We used road race slicks. I did a burnout on the start line to get it hot but got to the first corner and spun out like a goon because the edges of the tyre were still cold!

The 'tabletop' was a semi trailer with a ramp at each end. But there was no radius where it met the ground so you could crush a rim hitting the up-ramp hard.

Nice not getting dirty though!

Rob

|

3/13/2019 1:19 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

RichardLoots wrote:

yeah you are right , one of the very first attempts to get a camera onboard ... pre GoPro edition laughing

Good catch! Now I see he has a cam corder strapped to the side of his helmet.

|

3/13/2019 1:37 PM

Well, they were thinking about safety. I mean, the first three rows of seats when the bikes came tear assing down the aisle were unoccupied. Not even a damn dixie cup to cover anything up. I especially love that 180 degree turn with a 4 foot radius that has a wall run for the outside line. What the hell?

|

2017 CRF450r

3/13/2019 2:57 PM

Pretty sure Bagget and Tomac watched this race before Daytona getting prepared to launch the wall to flat.

|

3/13/2019 3:13 PM

you must be a ....what do you call it? ...a wimp that's it.

|

3/13/2019 3:36 PM

RichardLoots wrote:

DC wrote:

Veronica Beach Race with KISS

?start=219
|

3/13/2019 3:54 PM

greenmx5 wrote:

How about human tough blocks?

?start=65
|

3/13/2019 5:10 PM

BobbyM wrote:

you must be a ....what do you call it? ...a wimp that's it.

I remember my first beer.

|