The most baffling thing to me about Dungey retiring

mx 219
Fantasy
857th
Edited Date/Time 5/18/2017 5:52pm
Am I crazy..but who puts a store on their website to sell memorabilia right before they retire? That might have been a good idea 6 months, a year, a few years before you retire. But not like 3 days before you retire.

I've always been a Dungey fan, but I could care less about some Dungey knock off yeti, especially now that the guy is RETIRED.
|
BobbyM
5/18/2017 4:45pm
mx 219 wrote:
Am I crazy..but who puts a store on their website to sell memorabilia right before they retire? That might have been a good idea 6 months...
Am I crazy..but who puts a store on their website to sell memorabilia right before they retire? That might have been a good idea 6 months, a year, a few years before you retire. But not like 3 days before you retire.

I've always been a Dungey fan, but I could care less about some Dungey knock off yeti, especially now that the guy is RETIRED.
Care enough to post about it.... Wtf is wrong with you people?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
5/18/2017 4:51pm
mx 219 wrote:
Am I crazy..but who puts a store on their website to sell memorabilia right before they retire? That might have been a good idea 6 months...

He may not have been contractually allowed to do it until he retired. There's not much stuff on there yet, so it looks very new. I would expect he will follow in Stewart's path with having his on gear/merchandise line. It's likely just a tax write off anyway.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/18/2017 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2017 5:43pm
TbonesPop wrote:
He may not have been contractually allowed to do it until he retired. There's not much stuff on there yet, so it looks very new. I...
He may not have been contractually allowed to do it until he retired. There's not much stuff on there yet, so it looks very new. I would expect he will follow in Stewart's path with having his on gear/merchandise line. It's likely just a tax write off anyway.
NVM
Phantom 661
5/18/2017 5:30pm
I just purchased a shirt on Dungey's site yesterday.
Kind of a thank you for all the entertainment he provided through the years. Yes, it's just a few items available at the moment though.

The Shop

TXDirt
5/18/2017 5:40pm
I don't have anything to say. This is just a dumb thread. /sorry
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
5/18/2017 5:44pm
Dumbgeon for sure!
BMSOBx2
5/18/2017 5:48pm
mx 219 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
X2
Camp332
5/18/2017 5:52pm
mx 219 wrote:

USMCMXer
5/18/2017 6:39pm
You answered your own question within your post, OP. IT IS MEMORABILIA. Think about it, let it sink in, and realize it is a chance to buy something to R.E.M.E.M.B.E.R him by....juss sayin.
danzig138
Fantasy
4080th
5/18/2017 6:49pm
mx 219 wrote:

Sounds like you could use a Ryan Dungey mousepad!

https://www.ryandungey.com/collections/all/products/attack-mousepad
RbR
5/18/2017 7:07pm
Dungey collection by Factory Red Bull KTM ... very cool!
5/18/2017 7:22pm
mx 219 wrote:

I think it is several things that were the reason for the timing. He has been full focus on racing until now is one reason you haven't seen it earlier. I think it is a way for him to support his younger brother more than himself, as his brother created the website, and most of the products on the site. I think most of the stuff is actually pretty cool. So, I think it is mainly Ryan just being a good brother, and it also gave us a hint at what was coming the next day with his official announcement.
5/18/2017 8:09pm
The most baffling thing to me about Dungey retiring is all the threads about Dungey retiring.
Hut
5/18/2017 8:58pm
mx 219 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
and I cared enough to click and read it.... WTF is wrong with me!!! Laughing
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/18/2017 9:27pm
mx 219 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
I feel ten years younger Silly
BobbyM
5/18/2017 10:20pm
mx 219 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
Hut wrote:
and I cared enough to click and read it.... WTF is wrong with me!!! Laughing
Guilty as charged...
Highsider
5/19/2017 5:13am
mx 219 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
I feel ten years younger Silly
Same here.Blink
PRM31
5/19/2017 6:15am
I'm sure it was in the works before he announced his retirement. Now they'll just try to see what they already ordered.
IWreckALot
5/19/2017 7:07am
Bultaco wrote:
He has a web site?
newmann wrote:
I wonder if he has a home page?
He should have just followed Vital's lead and make the Moto Related forum page the home page.
Hut
5/19/2017 6:51pm
Bultaco wrote:
He has a web site?
newmann wrote:
I wonder if he has a home page?
WTF is that? Laughing
5/19/2017 7:23pm
Dungey...??? Dungey...???
Oh yeah...didn't he used to race a while ago?
If I remember right, he was pretty good too.
Phantom 661
5/19/2017 8:25pm
Good news guy's, my Dungey shirt should be here tomorrow! Wink

Post a reply to: The most baffling thing to me about Dungey retiring

The Latest