The life of a professional MX race team truck driver - Alex Cox

docweedon
Edited Date/Time 8/24/2012 8:22am
http://www.btosportsnews.com/2012/08/bto-sports-truck-driver-alex-cox/

Ever wondered what it's like to be a truck driver for a professional MX race team? Check out the interview of BTO Sports Suzuki's Alex Cox that we just put together.
Alex has been around the industry for a while, driving for Sleeter and KTM's amateur support program, and worked in the WSB pit area before joining the BTO Sports Suzuki team this year. Truck drivers don't get the recognition they deserve and they work probably the hardest of any of the members of the MX teams.

|
observer
8/23/2012 3:55pm
No doubt about it....these guys pretty much have a thankless job(mechs can relate).
Hats off to all the drivers who tirelessly transport the circus to the next stop for us moto fans. Salute! :-)
Thanks for the mini-view.
8/23/2012 4:26pm
Lotta work, big responsibility, and little reward.

They have to love the sport to even think about doing this.
Sully
8/23/2012 6:02pm
I gained a new found respect for the truck drivers after watching the series Transworld had on their site that followed TLD's driver. A whole lotta work with little to no recognition.
JW381
8/23/2012 6:03pm
Me and my buddy met the driver for the TLD team after Seattle SX. He showed us inside the trailer real quick, was a real cool kid. Sounded like he was living the dream pretty much. The dream, just short of being a factory pro.

The Shop

dkg
8/23/2012 6:39pm
Good interview. Interesting to read another side of the events.
docweedon
8/24/2012 7:33am
JW381 wrote:
Me and my buddy met the driver for the TLD team after Seattle SX. He showed us inside the trailer real quick, was a real cool...
Me and my buddy met the driver for the TLD team after Seattle SX. He showed us inside the trailer real quick, was a real cool kid. Sounded like he was living the dream pretty much. The dream, just short of being a factory pro.
Yea Corey from TLD is living the dream for sure. I'm so happy for that kid. All the truck drivers do it for the love of the sport and the job. One thing I have noticed is that there might be some issues between teams, but the truck drivers never have issues and stay together. They are all friends, and do things as a group as Alex said in the interview.

After Vegas SX, there is usually a competition for all the truck drivers called the Truck Rodeo. A coned course is set up in the parking lot of the Vegas stadium and these truck drivers race the course! It's amazing to watch!
mom241
8/24/2012 8:11am
I miss Andy and Craig--two great guys. And they keep me supplied with crossword puzzles and Mt Dew!

Tough, sometimes thankless job.
JW381
8/24/2012 8:22am
JW381 wrote:
Me and my buddy met the driver for the TLD team after Seattle SX. He showed us inside the trailer real quick, was a real cool...
docweedon wrote:
Yea Corey from TLD is living the dream for sure. I'm so happy for that kid. All the truck drivers do it for the love of...
Yea Corey from TLD is living the dream for sure. I'm so happy for that kid. All the truck drivers do it for the love of the sport and the job. One thing I have noticed is that there might be some issues between teams, but the truck drivers never have issues and stay together. They are all friends, and do things as a group as Alex said in the interview.

After Vegas SX, there is usually a competition for all the truck drivers called the Truck Rodeo. A coned course is set up in the parking lot of the Vegas stadium and these truck drivers race the course! It's amazing to watch!
That's awesome, I would love to do that for sure. Maybe someday haha

Post a reply to: The life of a professional MX race team truck driver - Alex Cox

The Latest