The latest silly season rumors...

Surly100
7/27/2014 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2014 1:55pm
Dart Board wrote:
That's fine.... He replaced Pourcel who was regularly on the podium and on an even more stock Kawi. But nobody made that excuse for him
Well, maybe Pourcel is faster than Searle. But then Pourcel is a World and double AMA champion, so that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Point is: Searle clearly has the ability to run at the front of the field, and regularly. He's shown that in MX2 against pretty much the exact same guys he's racing in MX1. And even last season in MX1, he missed out on a few podium places by a whisker.

I mean, i'm not saying he's the quickest guy in the world or anything, but I think he's better than his results this season (which has been plagued by injury) might indicate, and getting a KTM seat isn't as underserved or inexplicable as you seem to be suggesting.

colonel
7/27/2014 2:23pm
2thefront wrote:
Never said he wasn't. You're crazy if you don't think the dominant RV we've seen the last 4 seasons was due in some part to Aldon.
Not not at all, I know Aldon was a big and very important part of it all. Just saying that RV was winning before and he will win again should they part.
colonel
7/27/2014 2:24pm
bd wrote:
Agree 110%. Please also see JS7's and RC4's records with Aldon.
Please see their records without him.
PTECH
7/27/2014 2:37pm
Did I miss the Wilson to KTM pr? The racerx interview with Mitch Payton talks about Wilson to KTM like its common knowledge?

The Shop

DonM
7/27/2014 2:40pm
PTECH wrote:
Did I miss the Wilson to KTM pr? The racerx interview with Mitch Payton talks about Wilson to KTM like its common knowledge?
There will be no PR on any of the signings until the season is over....Wilson to KTM is a done deal.
bd
7/27/2014 3:16pm
bd wrote:
colonel wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, neither RC, James, nor RV won a supercross title before signing A Baker.

He has a resume.... that YOU cannot fucking dispute.
bd
7/27/2014 3:17pm
PTECH wrote:
No PR yet - with the exception of Anderson, I do think there has been a release.
colonel
7/27/2014 3:25pm
bd wrote:
colonel wrote:
bd wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, neither RC, James, nor RV won a supercross title before signing A Baker. He has a resume.... that YOU cannot...
Correct me if I am wrong, neither RC, James, nor RV won a supercross title before signing A Baker.

Why you so angry, aggressive or taking a post personally? I never disputed anything at anytime. Merely said the guys were winning races before and will win again without him as history has shown with Stewart and Bagget for example. I respect hugely what Aldon does and all top, legit trainers for that matter.

I really think you have some personal underlying issues you need to resolve.
bd
7/27/2014 3:46pm
colonel wrote:
bd wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, neither RC, James, nor RV won a supercross title before signing A Baker. He has a resume.... that YOU cannot...

colonel wrote:
Why you so angry, aggressive or taking a post personally? I never disputed anything at anytime. Merely said the guys were winning races before and will...
Why you so angry, aggressive or taking a post personally? I never disputed anything at anytime. Merely said the guys were winning races before and will win again without him as history has shown with Stewart and Bagget for example. I respect hugely what Aldon does and all top, legit trainers for that matter.

LMFAO.... without a doubt. That came off angry
mxb2
7/27/2014 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2014 4:03pm
What about metty, ? any sold info or rumors for 15?, hope he can stay in the states
Dx3moto
7/27/2014 4:13pm
Wilson is going to KTM, just because there's no PR doesn't mean it's not a done deal. I'd like to see Metcalfe land on Kawasaki alongside Tomac, and Davi on RCH with Ken, but that's maybe asking for a little too much.
mxb2
7/27/2014 4:28pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Wilson is going to KTM, just because there's no PR doesn't mean it's not a done deal. I'd like to see Metcalfe land on Kawasaki alongside...
Wilson is going to KTM, just because there's no PR doesn't mean it's not a done deal. I'd like to see Metcalfe land on Kawasaki alongside Tomac, and Davi on RCH with Ken, but that's maybe asking for a little too much.
Metty still under contract in canada, unless someone else buys it out like kawy did this year, davi already at kawy for 2015, metty deserves a ride here in the states 2015
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
7/27/2014 7:09pm
PTECH wrote:
Because it is common knowledge. Been out there for at least 2 months now.
kiwifan
7/27/2014 7:12pm
Hey kiwifan I have no inside informer just its common knowledge kawi paid there last marque guy 5 million it was in several magazines and geico...
Hey kiwifan I have no inside informer just its common knowledge kawi paid there last marque guy 5 million it was in several magazines and geico guy's said there top guy didn't make 1 million. And hey I thought that this is what this forum was about fan speculation?????
oh my bad if its in a magazine it has to be true :-)
kiwifan
7/27/2014 8:58pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Wilson is going to KTM, just because there's no PR doesn't mean it's not a done deal. I'd like to see Metcalfe land on Kawasaki alongside...
mxb2 wrote:
Metty still under contract in canada, unless someone else buys it out like kawy did this year, davi already at kawy for 2015, metty deserves a...
Metty still under contract in canada, unless someone else buys it out like kawy did this year, davi already at kawy for 2015, metty deserves a ride here in the states 2015
I think its more likely for Metty to be on 22 or factory Kawi than Eli, Metty has had a great outdoors series, definitely holding the Kawasaki flag...
mxb2
7/27/2014 9:01pm
Dx3moto wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Metty still under contract in canada, unless someone else buys it out like kawy did this year, davi already at kawy for 2015, metty deserves a...
kiwifan wrote:
I think its more likely for Metty to be on 22 or factory Kawi than Eli, Metty has had a great outdoors series, definitely holding the...
I think its more likely for Metty to be on 22 or factory Kawi than Eli, Metty has had a great outdoors series, definitely holding the Kawasaki flag...
i hope so, metty is a great rider to. have, super solid,good guy, no drama.
APLMAN99
7/27/2014 9:31pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
The sanctioning body wouldn't be paying him, the promoter would be. Luongo is the promoter, and securing the guy who is probably the fastest guy in...
The sanctioning body wouldn't be paying him, the promoter would be. Luongo is the promoter, and securing the guy who is probably the fastest guy in the world at the moment (assuming full recovery from surgery) would be a hell of a promotion. The ROI could be pretty damned big.

Promoters have paid "start money" to some riders and not others since the beginning of ever.......
Robgvx wrote:
Those lines of separation are somewhat blurred.
No, they are clear, although the promoter and sanctioning body often "work together". But for the lazy, it is easy to confuse Luongo/YS as the sanctioning body......
2thefront
7/27/2014 10:23pm
2thefront wrote:
Never said he wasn't. You're crazy if you don't think the dominant RV we've seen the last 4 seasons was due in some part to Aldon.
colonel wrote:
Not not at all, I know Aldon was a big and very important part of it all. Just saying that RV was winning before and he...
Not not at all, I know Aldon was a big and very important part of it all. Just saying that RV was winning before and he will win again should they part.
Never said he wouldn't win without him, I just think it'll be much tougher to beat AC for the title his first season without being on Aldon's program.
2thefront
7/27/2014 10:26pm
philG wrote:
IF RV came , now is the time , it would double the gate on every GP and guarantee a USGP for 2015. If RV is...
IF RV came , now is the time , it would double the gate on every GP and guarantee a USGP for 2015.

If RV is 'tired' of a full SX & Outdoor campaign , he may look at GP's as a way to have an easier year , without the need to run a home national series like all the other guys do , and elevate him above RC , McGrath and every other recent MX legend , simply by coming and having a go.

There does seem to be a bit of momentum behind the rumours, with Monster money being the biggest motivator .

I would love to see Cairoli pushed , and see how RV would cope with the GP schedule , my 'it will never happen' card is firmly in my hand , i never though Roczen would go to RCH .
2thefront wrote:
I agree. My only issue with RV going to the GPs is it looks like he's done with Aldon Baker. I think he'd still easily be...
I agree. My only issue with RV going to the GPs is it looks like he's done with Aldon Baker. I think he'd still easily be at least the 2nd fastest guy in mxgp without him but he's been unbeatable since getting with Aldon. If he's gonna do it he needs to do it right, not just race there because the schedule is easier and he gets to travel.
bd wrote:
Easily the second fastest? You are fucking joking. If RV enters the MXGP, AC222 better pack a lunch (at a min its a pick for the...
Easily the second fastest? You are fucking joking. If RV enters the MXGP, AC222 better pack a lunch (at a min its a pick for the title). RV2 has competed against arguably the deepest field in history (BT101, CR22, JS7, Barcia, TC41, RD5, KR94) and beat them all for titles - at times dominating. How deep is AC222's field?

And I am a fan of AC222.
Oh I agree I just said without being on Aldon's program he'll still easily be at least 2nd fastest, if not still fastest. I just think to beat AC for the title he needs Aldon.
davistld01
7/28/2014 7:47am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2014 7:49am
Dx3moto wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
I think its more likely for Metty to be on 22 or factory Kawi than Eli, Metty has had a great outdoors series, definitely holding the...
It wouldn't shock me to see Metcalfe on TwoTwo...except that Reed has said time and time again that he wants a contender on his bike...and I'm sorry, neither Reed or Metty are contenders at this point. If Metty wants to contend for the W, he's gonna have to go back north to do it. Not hating, just saying. I think he'll be on Kawasaki again, but under the Monster support tent in Canada.

I know Eli is on a full-factory Honda, but Geico is paying the bills, & I think he'll stay put another year with Geico. They've been good to him, and he to them. Plus, he's getting all he needs, and a full year on the 450 will be what he needs to be a champion in 2016. Plus...looks like he's gotten the Honda 450 dialed right now.

What's up for sure at Kawasaki where DM18 is concerned? I read a ton of stuff pointing that way for awhile, then suddenly...nothing. I think it has a lot to do with what RV will do, and nobody is saying anything about that...although I think it's a done deal whatever. I personally think Millsaps would be great on either Team Monster Kawie or RCH, but I doubt RC/Hart have enough bucks to secure another top-tier rider after they've snagged Roczen.

And, again...I just can't see RV in the GP's.

DonM
7/28/2014 7:58am
mxb2 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
It wouldn't shock me to see Metcalfe on TwoTwo...except that Reed has said time and time again that he wants a contender on his bike...and I'm...
It wouldn't shock me to see Metcalfe on TwoTwo...except that Reed has said time and time again that he wants a contender on his bike...and I'm sorry, neither Reed or Metty are contenders at this point. If Metty wants to contend for the W, he's gonna have to go back north to do it. Not hating, just saying. I think he'll be on Kawasaki again, but under the Monster support tent in Canada.

I know Eli is on a full-factory Honda, but Geico is paying the bills, & I think he'll stay put another year with Geico. They've been good to him, and he to them. Plus, he's getting all he needs, and a full year on the 450 will be what he needs to be a champion in 2016. Plus...looks like he's gotten the Honda 450 dialed right now.

What's up for sure at Kawasaki where DM18 is concerned? I read a ton of stuff pointing that way for awhile, then suddenly...nothing. I think it has a lot to do with what RV will do, and nobody is saying anything about that...although I think it's a done deal whatever. I personally think Millsaps would be great on either Team Monster Kawie or RCH, but I doubt RC/Hart have enough bucks to secure another top-tier rider after they've snagged Roczen.

Milsaps deal is done with Kawi, the deal with Eli is waiting on what RV does. Eli will either take RV's place or go to Two Two with Kawi pitching in to help. It's looking more and more likely that he will be with DV as it's about 90% that RV is calling it quits in the US...
DownSouth
7/28/2014 8:59am
As far as the Tomac rumors go whose sources are correct?

I've been saying it over & over but again, there's nothing to this Tomac to Kawi rumor..he's a GEICO Honda guy next year.

— Steve Matthes (@pulpmx) July 28, 2014

avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/28/2014 9:06am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2014 9:09am
kiwifan wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
It wouldn't shock me to see Metcalfe on TwoTwo...except that Reed has said time and time again that he wants a contender on his bike...and I'm...

DonM wrote:
Milsaps deal is done with Kawi, the deal with Eli is waiting on what RV does. Eli will either take RV's place or go to Two...
Milsaps deal is done with Kawi, the deal with Eli is waiting on what RV does. Eli will either take RV's place or go to Two Two with Kawi pitching in to help. It's looking more and more likely that he will be with DV as it's about 90% that RV is calling it quits in the US...
This is spot on.

EDIT: Matthes seems to feel differently, and he knows way more than I do, so I will defer to him on the Eli to Kawi deal.
Racer111
7/28/2014 12:33pm
bd wrote:

colonel wrote:
Why you so angry, aggressive or taking a post personally? I never disputed anything at anytime. Merely said the guys were winning races before and will...

bd wrote:
LMFAO.... without a doubt. That came off angry
Carmichael won2 OR 3 SX titles before hiring Aldon Baker.
davistld01
7/28/2014 12:44pm
kiwifan wrote:
davistld01 wrote:

DonM wrote:
Milsaps deal is done with Kawi, the deal with Eli is waiting on what RV does. Eli will either take RV's place or go to Two...
Well, Don...you definately have access to more inside info than I will ever have, so I'm going with you. A Millsaps/Tomac green team would be amazing! And, I think Reed would be a great help in giving Eli a gigantic boost to the next level if he "had to" go with TwoTwo and Kawasaki Support. In fact, that might be the superior ride with factory bike under him and Reeds guidance.

Do you see RV calling it quits as in retiring...or giving Cairoli a run for his money in the GP's?
DonM
7/28/2014 1:01pm
davistld01 wrote:

DonM wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Well, Don...you definately have access to more inside info than I will ever have, so I'm going with you. A Millsaps/Tomac green team would be amazing...
Well, Don...you definately have access to more inside info than I will ever have, so I'm going with you. A Millsaps/Tomac green team would be amazing! And, I think Reed would be a great help in giving Eli a gigantic boost to the next level if he "had to" go with TwoTwo and Kawasaki Support. In fact, that might be the superior ride with factory bike under him and Reeds guidance.

Do you see RV calling it quits as in retiring...or giving Cairoli a run for his money in the GP's?
All I've heard is that there has been some conversation with Eli and Kawi....Matthes says no go (he's probably right), so I guess we will see.
I of course meant to say he will be with DM not DV...again it's pretty obvious that the chances of seeing RV race again are getting slimmer by the day.
As for RV in the GP's.....If that happens it will take never before seen money to do it...
davistld01
7/28/2014 1:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2014 1:38pm
DonM wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Well, Don...you definately have access to more inside info than I will ever have, so I'm going with you. A Millsaps/Tomac green team would be amazing...

DonM wrote:
All I've heard is that there has been some conversation with Eli and Kawi....Matthes says no go (he's probably right), so I guess we will see...
All I've heard is that there has been some conversation with Eli and Kawi....Matthes says no go (he's probably right), so I guess we will see.
I of course meant to say he will be with DM not DV...again it's pretty obvious that the chances of seeing RV race again are getting slimmer by the day.
As for RV in the GP's.....If that happens it will take never before seen money to do it...
And you had me thinking..."DV12 managing a team...what???!!" BlinkGrinning

One thing about Eli...the kid's gonna be gangbusters no matter where he goes.
mxtryon231
8/4/2014 1:35am
Heard from a very reliable source that Peick to JGR is as good as a done deal. Can't wait to see that. Also looking forward to seeing what A confident (in his bike) Dean Wilson will produce with Decoster and the Orange boys in his corner.
ehr400
8/4/2014 4:32am
Wilson will be the same Wilson. Have 2-3 good rides and the rest of the time fading like a cheap suit.

Post a reply to: The latest silly season rumors...

The Latest