The latest silly season rumors...

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/26/2014 10:47am
davistld01 wrote:
I don't know nothin'...but I can't see RV doing the GP's or Tomac riding for Kawasaki. Just saying.
If Eli goes to Kawi I think he will be even better, which is not good for his competition.

DonM
7/26/2014 10:57am
RV 2 GP Its simply the biggest draw right now in the world of MX racing. Insane PR opportunity for his sponsors and everybody involved, a...
RV 2 GP

Its simply the biggest draw right now in the world of MX racing.

Insane PR opportunity for his sponsors and everybody involved, a young rider who has conquered his homesoil for as long as he has raced moves to the dark side to take on the worlds best at their own game.......dream come true for all involved, bigger than a Tyson comeback fight. The money this will generate is bonkers.

Let's not forget he's been over Central Europe this summer........the wash is nearly done and it's all coming out soon enough I'm sure.
Oh boy....You couldn't pass up the opportunity to go fishing and start another US vs GP discussion.
bd
7/26/2014 11:16am
The bike will not make Eli better next year, experience is going to make him better. Factory Honda is a damm good bike.

I don't think Eli to Kaw is a DONE deal. RV is retiring on top, his way. Easily could of been paid big money to race next year. Bummed as a fan, much respect for one of our sports greatest champs.

Would love to see him race MXGP.

Did A Baker sign with KTM? Done deal?

The Shop

markit
7/26/2014 11:25am
bd wrote:
The bike will not make Eli better next year, experience is going to make him better. Factory Honda is a damm good bike. I don't think...
The bike will not make Eli better next year, experience is going to make him better. Factory Honda is a damm good bike.

I don't think Eli to Kaw is a DONE deal. RV is retiring on top, his way. Easily could of been paid big money to race next year. Bummed as a fan, much respect for one of our sports greatest champs.

Damn good still makes it the worst bike out there though........Sad
tek14
7/26/2014 11:31am
KTM sings young Pootjes (mx125) to ride with Herlings next year in GP MX2
wagonmaster
7/26/2014 11:38am
jtiger12 wrote:
Man, I just have a real hard time believing the Eli rumors. The guy has been on Honda through the entire geico program, rode a factory...
Man, I just have a real hard time believing the Eli rumors. The guy has been on Honda through the entire geico program, rode a factory 450, took a contract for 450's on a satellite team riding the factory bike, and proven he can win on it. It is obvious to anyone with or without eyesight that Eli and roczen are the future of this sport. I cannot see honda not making a move to resign him to a better deal. If that happens, I will likely burn my honda shirts and buy a 2015 kx450. Better motor, better suspension.
Why take 750 thousand from Honda when he can get 5 Million from Kawasaki???
7/26/2014 12:05pm
RV 2 GP Its simply the biggest draw right now in the world of MX racing. Insane PR opportunity for his sponsors and everybody involved, a...
RV 2 GP

Insane PR opportunity for his sponsors and everybody involved, a young rider who has conquered his homesoil for as long as he has raced moves to the dark side to take on the worlds best at their own game.......dream come true for all involved, bigger than a Tyson comeback fight. The money this will generate is bonkers.

Let's not forget he's been over Central Europe this summer........the wash is nearly done and it's all coming out soon enough I'm sure.
DonM wrote:
Oh boy....You couldn't pass up the opportunity to go fishing and start another US vs GP discussion.
Not intentional at all, bad choice of words now I've re-read it

Refer to MXGP as world championships

I'm way more into RV coming over than a dumbass U.S vs the world argument, them things piss me off.
kongols
7/26/2014 12:12pm
OTOR ‏@OntrackOffroad 2m
Asked @GautierPaulin about @ryan_villopoto2 riding in MXGP. He said a '15 title win in such company would 'have no price'
philG
7/26/2014 12:42pm
IF RV came , now is the time , it would double the gate on every GP and guarantee a USGP for 2015.

If RV is 'tired' of a full SX & Outdoor campaign , he may look at GP's as a way to have an easier year , without the need to run a home national series like all the other guys do , and elevate him above RC , McGrath and every other recent MX legend , simply by coming and having a go.

There does seem to be a bit of momentum behind the rumours, with Monster money being the biggest motivator .

I would love to see Cairoli pushed , and see how RV would cope with the GP schedule , my 'it will never happen' card is firmly in my hand , i never though Roczen would go to RCH .
bd
7/26/2014 1:58pm
bd wrote:
The bike will not make Eli better next year, experience is going to make him better. Factory Honda is a damm good bike. I don't think...

markit wrote:
Says who? Reed?

It looked pretty damm good last weekend.
kiwifan
7/27/2014 1:24am
bd wrote:

markit wrote:
bd wrote:
Says who? Reed?

Looked good this weekend too....
Trav138
7/27/2014 2:57am
RV 2 GP

I agree it would be cool to see RV over there. The interest would be insane.

AC 222 would still win imo, would be awesome to see it go down.

jtiger12
7/27/2014 3:15am
jtiger12 wrote:
Man, I just have a real hard time believing the Eli rumors. The guy has been on Honda through the entire geico program, rode a factory...
Man, I just have a real hard time believing the Eli rumors. The guy has been on Honda through the entire geico program, rode a factory 450, took a contract for 450's on a satellite team riding the factory bike, and proven he can win on it. It is obvious to anyone with or without eyesight that Eli and roczen are the future of this sport. I cannot see honda not making a move to resign him to a better deal. If that happens, I will likely burn my honda shirts and buy a 2015 kx450. Better motor, better suspension.
Not sure of the point you are trying to make here by quoting me. "making a move to resign him to a better deal" that is pretty much an admission of the shitty deal he is getting. I wouldn't blame him for jumping, I'd blame honda for their top down management and lack of interest in keeping an elite rider on their brand. They obviously are not concerned with winning if/when they let him walk.
2thefront
7/27/2014 3:33am
philG wrote:
IF RV came , now is the time , it would double the gate on every GP and guarantee a USGP for 2015. If RV is...
IF RV came , now is the time , it would double the gate on every GP and guarantee a USGP for 2015.

If RV is 'tired' of a full SX & Outdoor campaign , he may look at GP's as a way to have an easier year , without the need to run a home national series like all the other guys do , and elevate him above RC , McGrath and every other recent MX legend , simply by coming and having a go.

There does seem to be a bit of momentum behind the rumours, with Monster money being the biggest motivator .

I would love to see Cairoli pushed , and see how RV would cope with the GP schedule , my 'it will never happen' card is firmly in my hand , i never though Roczen would go to RCH .
I agree. My only issue with RV going to the GPs is it looks like he's done with Aldon Baker. I think he'd still easily be at least the 2nd fastest guy in mxgp without him but he's been unbeatable since getting with Aldon. If he's gonna do it he needs to do it right, not just race there because the schedule is easier and he gets to travel.
colonel
7/27/2014 5:15am
2thefront wrote:
I agree. My only issue with RV going to the GPs is it looks like he's done with Aldon Baker. I think he'd still easily be...
I agree. My only issue with RV going to the GPs is it looks like he's done with Aldon Baker. I think he'd still easily be at least the 2nd fastest guy in mxgp without him but he's been unbeatable since getting with Aldon. If he's gonna do it he needs to do it right, not just race there because the schedule is easier and he gets to travel.
RV was winning way before Aldon.
stantdm
7/27/2014 7:01am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2014 7:01am
It appears that RV is going to retire. He has put himself in position (if all we read is true) by releasing Baker, selling his Florida property, and making a few acerbic comments about how SX MX is just a job. I think it will be easy for him to walk away from the grind of staying at the top of his game as he hates it.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
7/27/2014 8:23am
bd wrote:
Says who? Reed?

Looked decent this weekend too
2thefront
7/27/2014 11:50am
2thefront wrote:
I agree. My only issue with RV going to the GPs is it looks like he's done with Aldon Baker. I think he'd still easily be...
colonel wrote:
Never said he wasn't. You're crazy if you don't think the dominant RV we've seen the last 4 seasons was due in some part to Aldon.
bd
7/27/2014 11:55am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2014 11:55am
2thefront wrote:
colonel wrote:
Not in the 450F class.... Aldon was the missing piece. RV now has the knowledge and wisdom.... what does he do with it? Retire, MXGP, SX/MX...... only RV and his close circle knows.
bd
7/27/2014 11:56am
2thefront wrote:
colonel wrote:
2thefront wrote:
Never said he wasn't. You're crazy if you don't think the dominant RV we've seen the last 4 seasons was due in some part to Aldon.
Agree 110%. Please also see JS7's and RC4's records with Aldon.
bd
7/27/2014 12:00pm
philG wrote:
IF RV came , now is the time , it would double the gate on every GP and guarantee a USGP for 2015. If RV is...

2thefront wrote:
Easily the second fastest? You are fucking joking. If RV enters the MXGP, AC222 better pack a lunch (at a min its a pick for the title). RV2 has competed against arguably the deepest field in history (BT101, CR22, JS7, Barcia, TC41, RD5, KR94) and beat them all for titles - at times dominating. How deep is AC222's field?

And I am a fan of AC222.
kiwifan
7/27/2014 12:52pm
jtiger12 wrote:
Wow you sure have the inside information, Eli getting $5m from Kawasaki?? Dream on dude!!!!! Stop making up shit!!!
Surly100
7/27/2014 1:19pm
kongols wrote:
Searle to Red Bull KTM.
Couple of 'ITK' type guys on the MxTrax forum seem certain of this.

As a Searle fan, would love to see it. Reckon he's more than capable of taking the fight to the likes of Paulin, Van Horebeek, Frossard, Strijbos et al on competitive machinery.
7/27/2014 1:23pm
kongols wrote:
Searle to Red Bull KTM.
Why? What has Searle done to deserve that ride? The guy gets so much praise and hype because he's the British golden boy
wagonmaster
7/27/2014 1:32pm
Hey kiwifan I have no inside informer just its common knowledge kawi paid there last marque guy 5 million it was in several magazines and geico guy's said there top guy didn't make 1 million. And hey I thought that this is what this forum was about fan speculation?????
Surly100
7/27/2014 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2014 1:33pm
kongols wrote:
Searle to Red Bull KTM.
Dart Board wrote:
Why? What has Searle done to deserve that ride? The guy gets so much praise and hype because he's the British golden boy
In MX2, he was regularly beating the likes of Paulin, Van Horebeek and Frossard, who are now all MX1 front runners. He even beat Herlings quite a few times in 2012.

So the potential and the speed is clearly there, and KTM are probably reckoning he'll be able to show it on a competitive bike (rather than the near stock Kawasaki he's riding now).
7/27/2014 1:34pm
That's fine.... He replaced Pourcel who was regularly on the podium and on an even more stock Kawi. But nobody made that excuse for him

Post a reply to: The latest silly season rumors...

The Latest