The latest silly season rumors...

Bauer
7/25/2014 1:40am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 5:02pm
Between breaking my right hand/left wrist, moving into a new home and no Internet for the past week or two, plus rotator cuff surgery on Monday on my right shoulder, I haven't been on much, so I don't know what's been posted lately.

Here's what I heard from a reliable source:

Millsaps and Tomac to Factory Kawi
Grant to Team 22 Kawi
Barcia to JGR Yam, with Weimer possibly joining him.
Brayton to join Goerke and Short at BTO
Villopoto to Kawi Europe (something I find very hard to believe)
TLD switching to KTMs, with RockStar Energy going to Huskies
Roczen's RedBull deal is for helmet only, so he's keeping that at RCH
Paulin to Honda
|
The Rock
7/25/2014 2:00am
Sorry to hear this Steve. Paulin to Honda? Seriously what the heck happened to you? Heal quickly bud and good luck on Monday.....anyway you can put Monday surgery on the backburner until you are healed up?

Thanks for this silly season. RV to MXGP will make the Internets implode.
bobby397
7/25/2014 2:07am
Steve posted yesterday that in looked like goerke was out at bto and looking to go back to Canada. Seely and canard at honda, and hope they do get paulin. Rv to retire, I don't believe the gp rumors.
kiwifan
7/25/2014 2:13am
Bauer wrote:
Between breaking my right hand/left wrist, moving into a new home and no Internet for the past week or two, plus rotator cuff surgery on Monday...
Between breaking my right hand/left wrist, moving into a new home and no Internet for the past week or two, plus rotator cuff surgery on Monday on my right shoulder, I haven't been on much, so I don't know what's been posted lately.

Grant to Team 22 Kawi
Paulin to Honda
Tomac to Kawasaki ....I doubt it
Brayton to a 3 man team at BTO....I doubt it
VP to Europe ...I doubt it
Paulin to Honda ... I doubt it (GP Honda maybe)

If these do prove to not be right then i suggest you get a more reliable reliable source?
7/25/2014 2:45am
Honda's hatred of championships is really confusing.

The Shop

bobby397
7/25/2014 3:47am
Bauer wrote:
Between breaking my right hand/left wrist, moving into a new home and no Internet for the past week or two, plus rotator cuff surgery on Monday...

Grant to Team 22 Kawi
Paulin to Honda
kiwifan wrote:
Tomac to Kawasaki ....I doubt it Brayton to a 3 man team at BTO....I doubt it VP to Europe ...I doubt it Paulin to Honda...

If these do prove to not be right then i suggest you get a more reliable reliable source?
Bto will lose a guy if brayton goes there.
Bauer
7/25/2014 4:21am
kiwifan wrote:
Tomac to Kawasaki ....I doubt it Brayton to a 3 man team at BTO....I doubt it VP to Europe ...I doubt it Paulin to Honda...

Tomac to Kawi...stamp it, unless Honda won't release him.

Brayton & Short at BTO...maybe no Goerke

Villopoto to Europe...I doubt it, too, but that one refuses to go away

Paulin to Honda...I didn't say American Honda, of course it's GPs

With multiple SX and MX championships tucked in his belt, I'll go ahead and stick with my source.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
7/25/2014 4:24am
Goerke's heading to Canada apparently
yak651
Fantasy
168th
7/25/2014 4:29am
Bauer wrote:
Tomac to Kawi...stamp it, unless Honda won't release him. Brayton & Short at BTO...maybe no Goerke Villopoto to Europe...I doubt it, too, but that one refuses...
Tomac to Kawi...stamp it, unless Honda won't release him.

Brayton & Short at BTO...maybe no Goerke

Villopoto to Europe...I doubt it, too, but that one refuses to go away

Paulin to Honda...I didn't say American Honda, of course it's GPs

With multiple SX and MX championships tucked in his belt, I'll go ahead and stick with my source.
Why would Honda release Tomac? Not saying your source is wrong, but can't see why Honda would let him go anywhere else, even if it is just for one more year that he rides their bikes
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/25/2014 4:54am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2014 4:55am
I'm pretty sure this next year is Eli's option.... Not Hondas. BUT, with that said, Honda would be crazy to let him walk (pay the man)..... And Eli is clicking with the bike, Why bail now?
IWreckALot
7/25/2014 5:03am
MxKing809 wrote:
I'm pretty sure this next year is Eli's option.... Not Hondas. BUT, with that said, Honda would be crazy to let him walk (pay the man)...
I'm pretty sure this next year is Eli's option.... Not Hondas. BUT, with that said, Honda would be crazy to let him walk (pay the man)..... And Eli is clicking with the bike, Why bail now?
Definitely not the decision I'd make to release Eli but I'm sure someone is arguing that he's been on a 450 for a year now and has been sidelined for 70%~ of the time with a couple of different injuries.

Again, I believe Tomac is the next great in our sport but it's all speculation at this point. . . Either way. I wouldn't take the gamble on letting him walk at this point.
jock
Fantasy
1st
7/25/2014 5:04am
Who is Tomac contracted to, Geico or Honda?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/25/2014 5:16am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2014 5:18am
Technically Geico.... BUT it's a factory Honda bike all the way. And I'm guessing the salary/bonuses are subsidized by Honda. Will Hahn was a true Geico 450 rider.... Tomac is a Factory Honda Rider under the Geico tent. I think it happened that way because the Honda tent was full when Eli moved up.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
7/25/2014 5:22am
Seems odd that they wouldn't shift Eli over to the factory tent and put Seely on the Geico team if that were the case.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/25/2014 5:26am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Seems odd that they wouldn't shift Eli over to the factory tent and put Seely on the Geico team if that were the case.
Eli has always been a Geico backed rider, Seely hasn't. If the only difference is the graphics I don't see an issue as far as Eli going over to Factory Honda. He'll probably be the highest paid Factory Honda rider despite not being on the team!!!!
motosmith
7/25/2014 5:32am
TripleFive wrote:
Honda's hatred of championships is really confusing.
They excel at giving up the best rider in the class. It baffles me.
jleews6
7/25/2014 5:36am
I cant see Honda letting Eli go but I can see Kawi holding a big fat paycheck in front of him. Im sure if his contract is up they will be knocking the door down to get the kid. I think Geico needs to add Christian Craig to the team.
I also cant see RV going anywhere but again ,it's all about the Dollar's.

Bauer I was hoping you rumor's were going to include WP getting a full time spot at RCH.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
7/25/2014 5:58am
You forgot about Wilson to Two Two Motorsports.
I would think that Weston Peick will get the full time gig @ RCH, which would leave Tickle and Hill for a ride.
hvaughn88
7/25/2014 5:58am
langhammx wrote:
You forgot about Wilson to Two Two Motorsports. I would think that Weston Peick will get the full time gig @ RCH, which would leave Tickle...
I would think that Weston Peick will get the full time gig @ RCH, which would leave Tickle and Hill for a ride.
Wilson to ktm
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
7/25/2014 6:00am
MxKing809 wrote:
Technically Geico.... BUT it's a factory Honda bike all the way. And I'm guessing the salary/bonuses are subsidized by Honda. Will Hahn was a true Geico...
Technically Geico.... BUT it's a factory Honda bike all the way. And I'm guessing the salary/bonuses are subsidized by Honda. Will Hahn was a true Geico 450 rider.... Tomac is a Factory Honda Rider under the Geico tent. I think it happened that way because the Honda tent was full when Eli moved up.
Eli is contracted by Gieco, not Honda.
DownSouth
7/25/2014 6:03am
langhammx wrote:
You forgot about Wilson to Two Two Motorsports. I would think that Weston Peick will get the full time gig @ RCH, which would leave Tickle...
According to all the talk Dean Wilsons deal with Red Bull KTM was done before the nationals started.
dennisjonon
7/25/2014 6:09am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2014 6:18am
i heard from a little birdie someone is retiring this year,,,,
aldredge to pro circuit kawasaki after lorettas
newmann
7/25/2014 6:23am
Someone retiring as soon as PED's testing gets kicked off and rolling? Is that someones big ol' middle finger pointing at "the man"?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/25/2014 6:46am
MxKing809 wrote:
Technically Geico.... BUT it's a factory Honda bike all the way. And I'm guessing the salary/bonuses are subsidized by Honda. Will Hahn was a true Geico...
UpTiTe wrote:
Right..... "Technically Geico"
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/25/2014 6:50am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2014 6:51am
newmann wrote:
Someone retiring as soon as PED's testing gets kicked off and rolling? Is that someones big ol' middle finger pointing at "the man"?
It's pretty suspect Newman.... Not gonna lie. Considering the landmark SX testy had no bearing on SX eligibility, and may not retroactively effect anything they might just walk away and avoid the storm all together.
mgifracing
Fantasy
319th
7/25/2014 6:53am
I see RV pulling a Casey Stoner and riding off in to retirement while he is still the man. As much as I hate to believe that, As much time as the two have been hanging together lately has me wondering.
jleews6
7/25/2014 7:03am
newmann wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
It's pretty suspect Newman.... Not gonna lie. Considering the landmark SX testy had no bearing on SX eligibility, and may not retroactively effect anything they might...
It's pretty suspect Newman.... Not gonna lie. Considering the landmark SX testy had no bearing on SX eligibility, and may not retroactively effect anything they might just walk away and avoid the storm all together.
I kind of thought the same thing but why didnt his test come out when the others did? If he were doing something it would have shown when they tested. Of course he is a Monster rider. Aren't they the title sponsor of SX? Laughing
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
7/25/2014 7:14am
MxKing809 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
Right..... "Technically Geico"
Not technically at all, he's 100% sponsored by Geico, who in turn has a contract for bikes from Honda.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/25/2014 7:16am
newmann wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
It's pretty suspect Newman.... Not gonna lie. Considering the landmark SX testy had no bearing on SX eligibility, and may not retroactively effect anything they might...
jleews6 wrote:
I kind of thought the same thing but why didnt his test come out when the others did? If he were doing something it would have...
I kind of thought the same thing but why didnt his test come out when the others did? If he were doing something it would have shown when they tested. Of course he is a Monster rider. Aren't they the title sponsor of SX? Laughing
If a rider starts a self imposed 'suspension' there may be leniency as far as PR releases. It's been discussed as far as riders missing from this season.
Darryl916
7/25/2014 7:18am
MxKing809 wrote:
I'm pretty sure this next year is Eli's option.... Not Hondas. BUT, with that said, Honda would be crazy to let him walk (pay the man)...
That's an easy one. The bike rocks outdoors but sucks indoors. Did you forget all the Honda guys were bashing their heads against the wall just a few months ago in SX? Well SX is coming back.... and the 2015 Honda chassis is the same..... and Tomac is the next thing so he needs to start winning.....

Do you need any more reason's? But I agree, if I were Honda I would pay the man and do my best to fix the bike....
hvaughn88
7/25/2014 7:19am
MxKing809 wrote:
jleews6 wrote:
I kind of thought the same thing but why didnt his test come out when the others did? If he were doing something it would have...
MxKing809 wrote:
If a rider starts a self imposed 'suspension' there may be leniency as far as PR releases. It's been discussed as far as riders missing from...
If a rider starts a self imposed 'suspension' there may be leniency as far as PR releases. It's been discussed as far as riders missing from this season.
now you've don't it! This should be a solid shit storm, haha

Post a reply to: The latest silly season rumors...

The Latest