The last Fox Sports race?

mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
How do we feel now that it’s almost guaranteed that SX will be on NBCSN next year? Who will be the commentators?
|
Premixed112
10/13/2018 10:27pm
While I hope that happens, did I miss that part where it was almost guaranteed?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/13/2018 10:33pm
mxrider225 wrote:
How do we feel now that it’s almost guaranteed that SX will be on NBCSN next year? Who will be the commentators?
Ralph & Jeff will be the announcers.

Pretty sure Ralph said that he's the voice of Monster Energy Supercross during the Monster Cup press conference.
flatout111
10/13/2018 10:43pm
Pretty sure it will be Ralph, Jeff, Ricky, Daniel and probably Kristen.
milliebays
10/13/2018 10:45pm
can we have someone with notoriety start a real petition. im serious.

The Shop

KDXGarage
10/14/2018 7:25am
milliebays wrote:
can we have someone with notoriety start a real petition. im serious.
If it is a petition to keep Daniel Blair from playing hall monitor, count me in.
RangerLee
10/14/2018 8:32am
If I can buy the whole series from NBC gold like I can the outdoors, then freaking great, I am all for it.
10/14/2018 8:40am
Where is the source on this NBCSN stuff? thats gonna cut the viewer base in half!
DonM
10/14/2018 9:07am
Where is the source on this NBCSN stuff? thats gonna cut the viewer base in half!
Hold on to your opinions until its announced....I'm pretty sure most people get NBC...
mauidex
10/14/2018 10:30am
Hopefully this is true and like F1 going to espn they clean house and get a whole new team!! Ralph and emig are way way way played out for me!!
kb228
10/14/2018 10:38am
Why change networks?
JPT
10/14/2018 10:56am
kb228 wrote:
Why change networks?
Same reason ESPN2 dropped it, to make room for more stick and ball.
greenmx5
10/14/2018 11:01am
Fox was bragging all last year about viewer ratings going up though? I'm confused.

I'm curious why everyone wants to pay extra for an nbc sports gold package for supercross? The day practice and qualifying is streamed live on the site and the whole night program is live on one channel. It's not like outdoors where the benefit is seeing it live, no commercials all Moto, and not switching between two different channels. Why pay for something that already at your hands?
Ted722
10/14/2018 11:06am
IMSA's Fox Sports TV contract wrapped up yesterday as they're heading over to NBC next year...but this was announced in April.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/14/2018 11:33am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 11:36am
greenmx5 wrote:
Fox was bragging all last year about viewer ratings going up though? I'm confused. I'm curious why everyone wants to pay extra for an nbc sports...
Fox was bragging all last year about viewer ratings going up though? I'm confused.

I'm curious why everyone wants to pay extra for an nbc sports gold package for supercross? The day practice and qualifying is streamed live on the site and the whole night program is live on one channel. It's not like outdoors where the benefit is seeing it live, no commercials all Moto, and not switching between two different channels. Why pay for something that already at your hands?
Not everyone had access to Fox Sports 1/2 and not everyone has access to NBC Sports so paying for the NBC Sports Gold App makes a lot of sense. It sure as hell beats trying to always find an illegal stream online that might or might not get shut down.

I get regular NBC but NBC Sports is not available from my TV provider. In fact I don't even know if NBC Sports is available anywhere in Canada.

The supercrosslive.com package that Feld/Cleeng was offering is overpriced and they weren't providing a great service. Plenty of people have experienced the same issues and all Cleeng did was say it was on the user's end and not their fault/services. Thankfully Feld moved away from them and hired a new company and from what I've read last night's race ran excellent.

I've personally paid for the NBC Sports Gold App ever since they started offering it to watch the MX races and I've been very satisfied with the product they've been offering. If that service becomes available for Supercross I'll gladly pay for it and I know plenty of other people around the globe will do the same.
greenmx5
10/14/2018 11:37am
greenmx5 wrote:
Fox was bragging all last year about viewer ratings going up though? I'm confused. I'm curious why everyone wants to pay extra for an nbc sports...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not everyone had access to Fox Sports 1/2 and not everyone has access to NBC Sports so paying for the NBC Sports Gold App makes a...
Not everyone had access to Fox Sports 1/2 and not everyone has access to NBC Sports so paying for the NBC Sports Gold App makes a lot of sense. It sure as hell beats trying to always find an illegal stream online that might or might not get shut down.

I get regular NBC but NBC Sports is not available from my TV provider. In fact I don't even know if NBC Sports is available anywhere in Canada.

The supercrosslive.com package that Feld/Cleeng was offering is overpriced and they weren't providing a great service. Plenty of people have experienced the same issues and all Cleeng did was say it was on the user's end and not their fault/services. Thankfully Feld moved away from them and hired a new company and from what I've read last night's race ran excellent.

I've personally paid for the NBC Sports Gold App ever since they started offering it to watch the MX races and I've been very satisfied with the product they've been offering. If that service becomes available for Supercross I'll gladly pay for it and I know plenty of other people around the globe will do the same.
That makes sense. I guess the part i am worried about is if they end up putting less of an effort into the actual the program. IE, not showing them live, therefore encouraging people to buy the stream package. If I'm already paying for TV, I'm not wanting to have to shell out more money for yet another package.
Loopy
10/14/2018 11:50am
Whatever channel that has less sports on before the race that runs over and tells you to switch to another channel while I'm DVRing put that shit on that channel.
Matthes
10/14/2018 12:01pm
Some guys will stay the same, some guys will be different. Stay tuned..
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/14/2018 12:03pm
greenmx5 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not everyone had access to Fox Sports 1/2 and not everyone has access to NBC Sports so paying for the NBC Sports Gold App makes a...

greenmx5 wrote:
That makes sense. I guess the part i am worried about is if they end up putting less of an effort into the actual the program...
That makes sense. I guess the part i am worried about is if they end up putting less of an effort into the actual the program. IE, not showing them live, therefore encouraging people to buy the stream package. If I'm already paying for TV, I'm not wanting to have to shell out more money for yet another package.
They won't put less effort in the program. The Gold App is just an addition/bonus made available for the people that want it. I like to watch live but hate sitting through a bunch of commercials so with the Gold App I don't miss anything.

It also gives you the option to watch the races when it's convenient for you. Fortunately for me the time difference at its worse is 3 hours for the West coast rounds but you have people waking up a 4am to watch the races. With the Gold App they wouldn't have to do that. They could wake up at normal hours and watch the races races during breakfast/lunch without having to wait until it reairs on TV if they even do. Sure there's the option to record the races on a PVR which allows you to watch them when you want and fast forward through the commercials but again you're missing out on some racing.

The Gold App is really geared for the hardcore fan that follows the sport. Casual viewers won't dish out money for the app so it won't be forced on anyone. The races will continue to air on television.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/14/2018 12:06pm
Matthes wrote:
Some guys will stay the same, some guys will be different. Stay tuned..
When's the announcement?
drenmaster
Fantasy
1214th
10/14/2018 12:25pm
This is awesome news.. I don't have cable because the only tv i watch is SX / MX. The sports gold for MX was fantastic and not expensive at all for what you get. Plus you won't be waiting for some lame ass baseball game to finish cutting into sx time.
KDXGarage
10/14/2018 5:21pm
If it goes to NBC company, some of you need to stop dreaming that it will all be on NBC and not NBCSN (sports network). There will be plenty of people trying to bum a stream, complaining that they don't get it for free, etc.
10/14/2018 5:31pm
I like Ralph and Jeff but I don’t get FS2. Having it on an app would be awesome. Shut up and take my $60. Maybe 99 for SX and MX
cameron96
10/14/2018 5:41pm
Bought the video pass cause I’m in Canada

I should say. Much improved over last year. 1080p all night long. Never a hiccup. Airplayed from my iPhone to the Apple TV 55”.
Jbulz
Fantasy
4069th
10/14/2018 5:46pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
Wasnt fox bought out by disney?
Heard they're replacing Ralph with Goofy
DonM
10/14/2018 5:49pm
kb228 wrote:
Why change networks?
Because the contract ran out and Feld went looking for more money and a better TV package

Post a reply to: The last Fox Sports race?

The Latest