The inside dope

B DUB 333
Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 8:36am
Anyone know what's been done to stankdawgs scoot? I heard one vital member say +50cc when I commented on its seemingly mid motor. Listening to it, it doesn't sound like he's wringing it's neck by any means.. anyhow, I'm just curious
|
jeffro503
6/1/2018 4:55pm
It's not a big bore , but high compression. He already has a target on his back for even running a 2 stroke. AMA wouldn't think twice about tearing him down , and he knows it.
Berm
Fantasy
136th
6/1/2018 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2018 5:09pm
jeffro503 wrote:
It's not a big bore , but high compression. He already has a target on his back for even running a 2 stroke. AMA wouldn't think...
It's not a big bore , but high compression. He already has a target on his back for even running a 2 stroke. AMA wouldn't think twice about tearing him down , and he knows it.
What is his penalty for cheating though? Do they disqualify him for the day, or not allow him to race all season?

If the penalty is the former, cheating is certainly the better option for him.

edit: two separate posts highlighting specifically it is not a big bore; stroker motor confirmed Wink
drenmaster
Fantasy
1214th
6/1/2018 7:11pm
Berm wrote:
What is his penalty for cheating though? Do they disqualify him for the day, or not allow him to race all season? If the penalty is...
What is his penalty for cheating though? Do they disqualify him for the day, or not allow him to race all season?

edit: two separate posts highlighting specifically it is not a big bore; stroker motor confirmed Wink
Pretty sure same as WADA.. 2 strokes will be banned for at least 4 years..

The Shop

jeffro503
6/1/2018 9:15pm
jeffro503 wrote:
It's not a big bore , but high compression. He already has a target on his back for even running a 2 stroke. AMA wouldn't think...
Berm wrote:
What is his penalty for cheating though? Do they disqualify him for the day, or not allow him to race all season? If the penalty is...

I have no idea Berm. That would be 100% up to the AMA. But I wouldn't put to much thought into it , because it's a stock bore on those bikes. Same as when he ran the 125 in the 250 class. He's been torn down before from what I've heard , and he was within spec.
slipdog
6/1/2018 9:21pm
The AMA doesn't care about the guy in 30th. As long as he doesn't brag in public about cheating they won't waste their time.
B DUB 333
6/2/2018 6:38am
slipdog wrote:
The AMA doesn't care about the guy in 30th. As long as he doesn't brag in public about cheating they won't waste their time.
This is what I think, unless he's really making the camshaft and valve crowd look bad I'd think he's OK. And I should have worded it better, I don't think the vital member was serious when he suggested he was running a 3 hundy, and I don't think he is either, but if the punishment isn't too bad I'd give it a go. Now if he starts scoring points.... even if it's one here, three there, he'll be torn down, they tried saying no 2 strokes when they made the displacement rule... I'm still just wondering what's up w his bike and since we're at it, what kind of hp do you guys think it's making? If I remember right Carmichael had close to 70-75 out of his last race rmz's. I have no idea if that was accurate or not but I know ya can't get close to that with a 250 smoker as far as I know
PFitzG38
6/2/2018 8:09am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2018 8:12am
75hp? Are you on crack?! Do you have ANY idea how much HP a 4 stroke puts out? I didn’t think so

Just reread your post. I thought you were talking about a 2 stroke. That’s still way too high for a RMZ. I take 50% of the vitriol off my original post.

carry on
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/2/2018 9:00am
Berm wrote:

drenmaster wrote:
Pretty sure same as WADA.. 2 strokes will be banned for at least 4 years..
Since WADA was brought up. Another NFL player busted yesterday for PED’s. 4 game suspension. Listen n learn WADA. Sorry...thread hijack over

If I were Steinke I wouldn’t hesitate to go for a few more CC’s, the displacement rule on 2 strokes is BS
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/2/2018 9:03am
hillbilly wrote:
75hp lol
Now we know how he went undefeated...75 HP 450’s wouldn’t hurt.

I have a 1190 KTM with knobbies that puts out 150 bone stock. I must admit when I take it off road I don’t use all of that
BMSOBx2
6/2/2018 9:35am
The little tiddler 250 4 strokes in moto3 are pushing 60 horsepower at 15000 RPM.
lumpy790
6/2/2018 9:43am
jeffro503 wrote:
KTM paid and submitted the 250 SX smoker to be homologated and the AMA approved so what makes you think the AMA would be hunting 2 stroke riders???
H4L
6/2/2018 9:46am
B DUB 333 wrote:
This is what I think, unless he's really making the camshaft and valve crowd look bad I'd think he's OK. And I should have worded it...
This is what I think, unless he's really making the camshaft and valve crowd look bad I'd think he's OK. And I should have worded it better, I don't think the vital member was serious when he suggested he was running a 3 hundy, and I don't think he is either, but if the punishment isn't too bad I'd give it a go. Now if he starts scoring points.... even if it's one here, three there, he'll be torn down, they tried saying no 2 strokes when they made the displacement rule... I'm still just wondering what's up w his bike and since we're at it, what kind of hp do you guys think it's making? If I remember right Carmichael had close to 70-75 out of his last race rmz's. I have no idea if that was accurate or not but I know ya can't get close to that with a 250 smoker as far as I know
The stock RMZ's back then I believe were making around 48 hp atrw. RC's bike was probably in the high 50's.

Here is a dyno graph from 2t & 4t oem mx bikes of that era.

Bearuno
6/2/2018 10:30am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
The little tiddler 250 4 strokes in moto3 are pushing 60 horsepower at 15000 RPM.
Well, No , they (currently) have a Rev limit of 13,500rpm in Moto 3. Started at 14K in the first years of Moto 3, then went back to 13,500. There's been talk of dropping it to 13K.

But, they are getting the mid / high 50s, from all reports. Pretty impressive, considering the other spec limitations on the class.

Bodes well for MX / Offroad, in that we may not be forever going for more and more revs - the usual 4t 'solution' for power. Well, other than 2 times or 1,75 times the capacity handicap given to them over 2ts, depending on the class .........
BMSOBx2
6/2/2018 3:35pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
Well, [i]No [/i], they (currently) have a Rev limit of 13,500rpm in Moto 3. Started at 14K in the first years of Moto 3, then went...
Well, No , they (currently) have a Rev limit of 13,500rpm in Moto 3. Started at 14K in the first years of Moto 3, then went back to 13,500. There's been talk of dropping it to 13K.

But, they are getting the mid / high 50s, from all reports. Pretty impressive, considering the other spec limitations on the class.

Bodes well for MX / Offroad, in that we may not be forever going for more and more revs - the usual 4t 'solution' for power. Well, other than 2 times or 1,75 times the capacity handicap given to them over 2ts, depending on the class .........
My bad, I forgot about the rev limit. The bikes are well able to rev 15-16,000 RPM. Coolest thing I ever heard was team Obsoletes rc166 250 6 cylinder. 20k rpm.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/2/2018 3:44pm
KennyT wrote:
Since WADA was brought up. Another NFL player busted yesterday for PED’s. 4 game suspension. Listen n learn WADA. Sorry...thread hijack over If I were Steinke...
Since WADA was brought up. Another NFL player busted yesterday for PED’s. 4 game suspension. Listen n learn WADA. Sorry...thread hijack over

If I were Steinke I wouldn’t hesitate to go for a few more CC’s, the displacement rule on 2 strokes is BS
Wow
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/2/2018 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2018 3:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
KTM paid and submitted the 250 SX smoker to be homologated and the AMA approved so what makes you think the AMA would be hunting 2...
KTM paid and submitted the 250 SX smoker to be homologated and the AMA approved so what makes you think the AMA would be hunting 2 stroke riders???
No one’s “hunting” 2-stroke riders, but to say there is no animosity toward 2-strokes is choosing to be blind.
6/3/2018 2:40am
burn1986 wrote:
No one’s “hunting” 2-stroke riders, but to say there is no animosity toward 2-strokes is choosing to be blind.
Why would you say that there is animosity? Any 2 stroke can be homologated into their respective classes as per the rules just like any 4 stroke.
jeffro503
6/3/2018 8:13am
jeffro503 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
KTM paid and submitted the 250 SX smoker to be homologated and the AMA approved so what makes you think the AMA would be hunting 2...
I don't think the AMA is actually hunting them. If a tear down happens , it'll be from a disgruntled rider putting up a protest. And I'm sure Ktm , Husky and Yamaha don't mind seeing 2 strokes out there. Do you think Honda , Kawasaki and Suzuki dig it? I bet they don't......considering that those 250 2 strokes have beaten half the field of 450's in some moto's.

And for what it's worth......I don't think those 250 2 strokes have an advantage compared to any of these new 250F's. I think it's dumb the way the rules on this are structured.
H4L
6/3/2018 8:36am
A 250 2t I believe would have still been competitive about 6 yrs. back. In that time frame the manufacturers have put in the R&D on the 4t's & not much on the 2t's. I'm a die hard 2t guy since I grew up on them, but the reality is the 4t technology has surpassed the 2t's.

My guess would be a well built KTM / Husky current 250 2t model is putting out high 50's hp.. In comparison to a well built 450 that is in the mid 60's & also has more torque due to displacement. The 450 will also be easier to ride with it getting much better traction vs. the 2t..

Post a reply to: The inside dope

The Latest