The future of SX / MX ?

bvm111
5/13/2018 6:41pm
NASCAR sucks .... period
Switch
5/13/2018 7:24pm
If you don’t think battery powered, simple, easily tunable options aren’t superior.. ask the RC car market. I never would have got involved with that hobby/sport if not for the simplicity of electric cars. After 4+ years and thousands of dollars in electric cars, I tried ICE cars for 6 months and lost complete interest.

Reason for the post? My personal experience. People that want to race moto will race moto, whether it’s E-Powered or gas powered. Electric is easy, more efficient, and cheaper in the long run. It’s more appealing to the average person with a much more gradual learning curve than racing with internal Combustion Engines. It’s easier to enter the sport, even if the initial price point is higher. Anyone not buying stock in the E-Bike swing is about to miss the only boat this sport has seen in a while....
MotoX85
5/13/2018 7:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2018 7:46pm
I don’t get this obsession. Leave the sport be. It’s fine and I don’t want it to be “nascar” and hope it never will. Some things...
I don’t get this obsession. Leave the sport be. It’s fine and I don’t want it to be “nascar” and hope it never will. Some things need adjusted like privateer pay outs and such but even now it seems like they took the fun out of riding dirtbikes like it was meant to be in the first place. From the ratings I saw so far this year it’s on the up and up. Instead of worrying about the future go enjoy spending time on your
bike with your 7 year old grandson bud.
Ex..............actly.

me and my son ride/race every weekend. We watch races on record, if we watch at all.
teggers
5/13/2018 7:49pm
Lots of smarts replying to this. Excellent read so far in the first page. It might have gone to shit on page 2

The Shop

RCMXracing
5/13/2018 8:31pm
JustMX wrote:
Take away the noise and you get a lot more options for outdoor places to ride. Take away exhaust and it opens up a lot of...
Take away the noise and you get a lot more options for outdoor places to ride.

Take away exhaust and it opens up a lot of options for indoor racing. Any empty lowes , kmart, or factory can easily be converted to an indoor facility.

Sure land is cheaper out in the sticks, but the time and expense to get there is a big issue. Even more so with fuel prices climbing.

Picture a facility in an urban area with an indoor facility where you can rent, lease, or stable an ebike. You can show up like going to the health club, pound some laps, shower, and head to work.

Bikes could be reprogrammed for the level of rider and could have several different bikes with different spring rates for varying abilities and weights.

No airfilters, valve adjustments, etc. Charge it, go.

The possibility to simplify the sport for new participants as well as those that live in urban areas and/or have extreme demands on their time is amazing when you think about it.

Big picture, long term, if planned carefully it could be an amazing time for our sport.
Nailed it.
Bottom line Ebikes can only help, not hurt the sport and prices should come down. I would think the cost would be less to manufacture. Guessing lots of R&D is why they’re expensive. Would love someone in the know to compare material and manufacturing costs ICE to Ebike.
Personally I don’t want one, but if there was a track close to my house for Ebikes only heck yeah I would have one.
RCMXracing
5/13/2018 8:47pm
RCMXracing wrote:
Nothing, they are in cities, in stadiums. SX already established so they get a stadium. Ebikes would start out niche, couldn’t support a stadium yet. Noise...
Nothing, they are in cities, in stadiums. SX already established so they get a stadium. Ebikes would start out niche, couldn’t support a stadium yet. Noise, lack of it, is what the E brings to the table. I love loud fire breathing machines, but gotta admit I can’t have a convo at an SX. It’s not exactly music. But could be boring AF! Dunno.

I remember my first personal computer with a dial up modem. I got the AOL disk. Many people didn’t get it. Why? That’s a waste of time they said. I used it for my first stock purchase and...wait for it...Email! I didn’t see 98% of what the internet was to be. Impossible to know the possibilities until it happens. We could still be living in caves if not for progress.
H4L wrote:
:laugh: I remember my 1st computer with a dial up modem & also having the AOL disk ! Progress is part of life & as much...
Laughing I remember my 1st computer with a dial up modem & also having the AOL disk !

Progress is part of life & as much as I'm opposed to E-bikes they're coming just like cars & trucks we see on the road today. My thoughts are that they will probably start off like the 4t's did in 97 with Doug Henry on the YZ400F. I could see an E-bike lining up at an AMA SX / MX race in the near future. Just my $.03..
Ha, yeah, and loading software with discs, shitty websites, crashing, gawd. Blink
Hoping they will have their own class for Pro level and amateur. Vet classes open is ok IMO.
Back to your OP and the future I think we will see more formal training and coaching not unlike school sports. I remember there was some big pow wow recently with manufacturers, AMA?, and trainers like Ryno. Not sure what came of it.

Post a reply to: The future of SX / MX ?

The Latest