The first time you fell for a troll post.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/19/2017 5:33 AM

Post your greatest memories.

The first time for me was some old riding gear I posted on C/L. Must have answered 100 questions related to the "fit" of this youth gear before I realized I was being trolled. It was actually quite humorous later as I thought about it.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

10/19/2017 6:19 AM

First time? Right here, right now.

|

Motorcrosser

10/19/2017 6:23 AM

Yeah... I was wondering if anyone was going to touch this one or if it was just gonna die slowly.

|

10/19/2017 6:37 AM

Indymxer wrote:

First time? Right here, right now.

My goodness we have all become so cynical...myself included.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

10/19/2017 7:02 AM

If we're talking about CL posts then I haven't really fallen for one, but I got my buddy good once. He was kind of a casual rider on and off and didn't know a ton about the sport. I borrowed a coworkers phone and started texting him about a bike he had for sale. Kind of serious/silly questions at first just to waste his time. Then really started with the color of the power band ect. Which finally led to me telling him about my plan to be like one of them dare devils you see on the tv...I stopped by his house on my way home from work and listened to him rant about this dumb ass that was texting him today before I finally revealed it was me grin I could tell it took him a min to decide if he was pissed or if it was a good prank lol

|

Do You Even...

10/19/2017 7:20 AM

I've likely never fallen for one, because the sheer stupidity I see everywhere daily, tricks my brain into believing a lot of people have to be trolling because they can't actually be that stupid.

A great troll was when FC Honda photoshopped Jeremy Martin's face in a photoshoot, despite him being actually there at the shoot, which made it extra weird.

I also remember this hugely elaborate troll thread about some guy asking about powerbands, it was on one of the old forums, Mototalk or Thumpertalk or whatever. It was basically 20 pages of people giving all kinds of advice on purple, camouflage, green powerbands. It was hilarious because a huge amount of people joined in, and every once in a while some clueless member just wrote something like "what the hell are you guys talking about???"

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

10/19/2017 7:22 AM

Suszuki?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/19/2017 7:25 AM

How do you troll a troll?

|

10/19/2017 7:27 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Suszuki?

Its actually Susquisqui.

|

10/19/2017 7:28 AM

jmx411 wrote:

How do you troll a troll?

You drive them bat-shit crazy with kindness and odd compliments.

|

10/19/2017 7:48 AM

This one had be hooked....seemed pretty legit.

www.vitalmx.com/forums/moto-related,20/firsthand-info-on-js7,8675309

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

10/19/2017 8:27 AM

There was a Justin Bieber concert coming to Toronto, so we put up a Kijiji ad for free tickets and my buddy's phone number. He didn't think it was as funny as we did.

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

10/19/2017 8:33 AM

^ I do believe that makes up for all your quad posts. Golf clap.

|

10/19/2017 8:52 AM

bh84 wrote:

There was a Justin Bieber concert coming to Toronto, so we put up a Kijiji ad for free tickets and my buddy's phone number. He didn't think it was as funny as we did.

He should of went all Party Marty on the situation. Would of said there's a catch for the free tickets.

#SendNoods lol.

Has he gotten you back yet? New phone number? Might want to search for your number in those seeking male companionship ads lol. That's what I would of done. I would of posted an ad with your number saying send #dong shots lol. Payback is always a bitch. If he hasn't gotten you back yet keep the one I just mentioned in your back pocket.

|

10/19/2017 8:54 AM

huck wrote:

This one had be hooked....seemed pretty legit.

www.vitalmx.com/forums/moto-related,20/firsthand-info-on-js7,8675309

Yea it did.... blush

|

10/19/2017 10:00 AM

bh84 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

He should of went all Party Marty on the situation. Would of said there's a catch for the free tickets.

#SendNoods lol.

Has he gotten you back yet? New phone number? Might want to search for your number in those seeking male companionship ads lol. That's what I would of done. I would of posted an ad with your number saying send #dong shots lol. Payback is always a bitch. If he hasn't gotten you back yet keep the one I just mentioned in your back pocket.

Sounds like a good way to go to jail for a few years.

|

10/19/2017 10:18 AM

bh84 wrote:

I signed my sister up for the Justin Beiber fan club.

|

10/19/2017 10:28 AM

bh84 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

#SendNoods lol.

jmx411 wrote:

Sounds like a good way to go to jail for a few years.

Ask for pics, receive pics. Claim you lost your phone/got stolen, change your number and you're pretty much in the clear. Either way you have to change your number.

If your phone number was plastered all over different websites and you were constantly receiving weird calls/texts from random people would you continue using it? Don't think so. You would change your number.

As far as posting someone's number on the internet without their consent you don't think that's a crime? It's clearly not right but it's easy to do. Register a fake email address, post an ad online and you're done.

And as far as asking for pics in exchange for free tickets if the person can't see that it's obviously a scam they're an idiot. I suppose some people do believe everything they read but that's not my problem.

There's a lot worse things you could do.

|

10/19/2017 10:56 AM

Duno bout the first time. But the last time was by JS saying he was coming back to race lolwassat

|

10/19/2017 12:15 PM

"TYLER's Mom" was a classic. Some people bought that sh*t hook, line, and sinker.

|

10/19/2017 12:44 PM

DoctorJD wrote:

"TYLER's Mom" was a classic. Some people bought that sh*t hook, line, and sinker.

What TYLERS NOT REAL???

|

10/19/2017 12:54 PM

Hjacks...........

|

KX125

10/19/2017 1:03 PM

Much TY... I intend to be a fine 'Champion of the Dirt' like Ricky Carmichigan was!

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

10/19/2017 2:39 PM

I remember about a year ago a JS7 thread that was started and got allot of attention... It had stemmed from a bet in the vital fantasy football thread in non moto and that was pure gold

|

10/19/2017 4:06 PM

The whole Tyler deal has been going on for a long time, I kind of expect it anytime Susuki or Texas are mentioned...

Also, wasn't there once a troll in the game room saying that he was working to the perfect MX video game that included every suggestion that everyone ever wanted all into one game? Turned out to be bullshit.

|

10/19/2017 5:55 PM

Deal Brothers Trailers wrote:

Post your greatest memories.

The first time for me was some old riding gear I posted on C/L. Must have answered 100 questions related to the "fit" of this youth gear before I realized I was being trolled. It was actually quite humorous later as I thought about it.

What brand of riding gear was it?

|

10/19/2017 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 6:22 PM

|