The first rant

Save MX!
11/27/2017 9:04pm
Second post and first rant is up. Let me know your opinion.

http://savemx.blogspot.ca/2017/11/where-do-we-start.html

Thanks.
|
rmoto003
11/27/2017 9:45pm
I told you I aint got no tree fiddy!
hyler199
11/27/2017 10:05pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2017 10:06pm
Yes the sport needs more money to pay riders. All I know is that I think the amount of money some baseball, basketball players make is craaazy. Its like theres tonnes of money where there doesnt need to be and no money where there should be...weird
rmoto003
11/27/2017 11:11pm Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 7:22am
I think superdupercross needs to be more gooder! I think that because thats what it is. If I didnt think supercrossing needed to be more gooder then I wouldnt have writtend this!
11/28/2017 3:14am
hyler199 wrote:
Yes the sport needs more money to pay riders. All I know is that I think the amount of money some baseball, basketball players make is...
Yes the sport needs more money to pay riders. All I know is that I think the amount of money some baseball, basketball players make is craaazy. Its like theres tonnes of money where there doesnt need to be and no money where there should be...weird
Baseball season is about 300 games long and they sell out huge stadiums. The majority of the country has played baseball at some point in their lives. Motocross? Not so much. It's math.

The Shop

Premix
11/28/2017 3:44am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 4:18am
So many grammar errors. I didn’t even make it past the first paragraph.
Acidreamer
11/28/2017 3:59am
hyler199 wrote:
Yes the sport needs more money to pay riders. All I know is that I think the amount of money some baseball, basketball players make is...
Baseball season is about 300 games long and they sell out huge stadiums. The majority of the country has played baseball at some point in their...
Baseball season is about 300 games long and they sell out huge stadiums. The majority of the country has played baseball at some point in their lives. Motocross? Not so much. It's math.
100% this. I can literally ask anyone on the street about baseball or football and they’ll have something to say. Ask about SX and they will either not have an interest in the topic or ask what a dirtbike is.

Dirtbikes arent $20 like a basketball is.
Uncle Tony
11/28/2017 4:29am
As far as I can remember SX and MX has always been this way, sadly I think it always will
JustMX
11/28/2017 7:10am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 7:12am
I think the point has come that issues with.supercross and issues with grass roots amateur racing are completely different topics.

Supercross racing is to grass roots racing what monster truck racing is to local car sales.

People aren't going to necessarily buy a ford truck because Bigfoot wins truck freestyle at a stadium.

For that reason, any observations about grass root should be separate.

Supercross has become a spectacle, and may continue to grow depending on how feld adjusts the program. They have a lot of work to do addressing problems with injuries and mostly mediocre racing.

Hopefully tweaks will help what is often a 3 hour snooze fest. I personally feel like the change that needs to be made is to stop concentrating so much on live for the undirty masses.

Do a high light show and have it in a better time slot that is consistent. Show actual battles with out all the filler. Make it something that people that are not already fans can watch. Put cameras on everybody and edit that footage to include in shows. Supercross is an amazing ballet of men, machines, and dirt and showing most of it from overhead cable cameras is such an incredible waste.

When compared to a lot of other options supercross ratings are pathetic. If you make a more viewable product ratings go up and the money will follow.
slipdog
11/28/2017 7:31am
rmoto003 wrote:
How would you like to buy some cookies?
Beeby
11/28/2017 7:45am
I missed what this is about. Is it a high school project?
peelout
11/28/2017 7:51am
rmoto003 wrote:
Well, it was about that time that I notice that SaveMx! was about eight stories tall and was a crustacean from the protozoic era
11/28/2017 8:35am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 8:50am
Marketing sucks. Riders should be selling replica jerseys. And people should be tailgating before the races. But that kinda culture would be bro culture in moto and looked down upon.

More riders ? Shit every sport kids are in these days is requiring 12 month commitments. Traveling baseball teams....traveling basketball teams. Blah blah. The list goes on. There’s so much activities available today for a reasonably LOW cost in comparison to MX that the sport will slowly die until it’s an exclusive club like....NASCAR. Might get to a point where I tell my grandkids: “I use to go all around with my father and race at amatuer tracks, sorry you can’t.”

Everybody in moto wants everything for free. Cmon now aren’t we cheap bastards that Haggle dealers until they make tree fifty on a new unit they sell to us?

How the hell do we introduce more into the sport ? I’ll introduce my child. BUT friends my age (I’m 30) that don’t race wouldn’t ever consider introducing them to mx. I’ve got physicians, CRNAs, nurse practitioner and physician assistant friends that make 160,000-500,000 a year and they’re like oh my $1,700 for a PW50? That’s too expensive we aren’t doing that. Whilst they hop in their $110,000 Jaguar. how do you entice mom and dad to sell their jaguar for a motorcycle for their kid when they don’t have any history in motor sports? That’s a tall order. And when you figure it Out you should be a millionaire.

Passion continues to the sport limping along. How do burn that fire of passion into newcomers without them experiencing it first hand ?

Free ride days ? Manufacturers offering intro days....they do demo days for current racers.....why not introductory days where everything is taken care so in the hopes that 1 out of 10 show up get hooked.

I hope the trades get a boom. Most guys that race come from a trade. Electrician, plumber, construction....good with their hands. Mechanical. We lost that in my generation. All my generation is managers. Worthless managers. We needs good old dirty hand tradesman back that have a passion for motorcycles. Not clean handed desk jockeys that are looking for adventure by stepping outside of their comfort zone ordering that extraordinary latte mocha sissy with an extra pump of worthless. But the tradesman income is gettin squeezed out of moto. $8,000 bike....hard to afford on a $17-26/hr salary.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2478th
11/28/2017 8:45am
rmoto003 wrote:
I think superdupercross needs to be more gooder! I think that because thats what it is. If I didnt think supercrossing needed to be more gooder...
I think superdupercross needs to be more gooder! I think that because thats what it is. If I didnt think supercrossing needed to be more gooder then I wouldnt have writtend this!
LMFAO, brilliant, my friend!
Robgvx
11/28/2017 8:55am
You got one thing right. Grass roots first.

Nobody goes to watch a supercross and is inspired to try the sport. But people who start riding motocross might well be inspired to go watch a supercross.
rmoto003
11/28/2017 9:59am
Beeby wrote:
I missed what this is about. Is it a high school project?
So he can look cool cruising the web and picking up clicks
rongi#401
11/29/2017 10:44pm
You heard it first. 300 round sx season
wardy
11/30/2017 12:26am
We are the only sport that cannibalizes it's young.

When grass roots racing is over ran by national programs all vying for the same riders, many who are not ready to go the speeds they are, or jump the jumps they try end up with short lived "careers" in our sport.

How fast are kids going today on 50's, 65's? Go big or go home they say, well many never start because it's just not what they do in 2017.

Want to see more, go out and invest your time at a riding club, teach young kids how to ride smart and be more aware of specifics to riding and racing.

The "road to Supercross" Sorry it doesn't start at the arenacross level. it starts at the local race tracks, riding parks and back yards.

Want to see even more. Will someone please build and affordable motorcycle that could be raced on an entry level basis. Please!

Want to "save" mx. tame down the grass roots and amateur tracks, promote a ton more safety in the sport keep the few new riders we are getting now healthy as long as possible.

it won't happen but we can dream.

Crush
11/30/2017 1:13am
Participation rates/sales of bikes/size of "the sport" is the biggest problem and will continue to be...

Shrinking riding areas, faster, louder, more complex and expensive bikes, video games, instagram, stick and ball sports... it's all about participation.

Post a reply to: The first rant

The Latest