The cry about pourcel podcast

Sodipop
9/2/2017 10:04am
http://racerxonline.com/2017/09/01/fly-racing-racer-x-podcast-canadian-…

Matthes lol. Interview him and get his side for once
|
jeffro503
9/2/2017 10:56am
So we don't have to listen to the entire show......cliff notes?
9/2/2017 11:26am
IMO Pourcel has made his bed and has to lay in it. So many other riders have done more than he has and had 10x less drama surrounding them. There comes a point and time where you stop blaming everything around you and look in the mirror.. I like Christophe but he needs to learn to do that.
9/2/2017 11:41am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 11:42am
IMO Pourcel has made his bed and has to lay in it. So many other riders have done more than he has and had 10x less...
IMO Pourcel has made his bed and has to lay in it. So many other riders have done more than he has and had 10x less drama surrounding them. There comes a point and time where you stop blaming everything around you and look in the mirror.. I like Christophe but he needs to learn to do that.
Just curious, who has 2 250SX titles, 1 MX2 title and came very close to 2 250 national titles? Along with MXGP wins and 450 outdoor podiums? "So many" is a little far fetched.
Motofinne
9/2/2017 11:44am
I didn't like that podcast. The way they talked about him, especially the part when they discussed that he had said "you could die anytime you race/ride".

Have these guys forgot his background? The fact that he is racing at the level he has been all these years after the injury is inspiring .

The Shop

9/2/2017 11:49am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 11:52am
IMO Pourcel has made his bed and has to lay in it. So many other riders have done more than he has and had 10x less...
EnvyMedia wrote:
Just curious, who has 2 250SX titles, 1 MX2 title and came very close to 2 250 national titles? Along with MXGP wins and 450 outdoor...
Just curious, who has 2 250SX titles, 1 MX2 title and came very close to 2 250 national titles? Along with MXGP wins and 450 outdoor podiums? "So many" is a little far fetched.
I wasn't talking about his accolades, very few can rival him there, I just meant in coming up to Canada to race or even go to countries like Australia. Look at Millsaps last year, he came up here, rode great all year, didn't trash talk everything he could find and people liked him and he made a pretty good amount of money. Pourcel was the exact opposite. Look at Brayton in the Australian SX series. Plenty of examples of riders being able to ride for different teams in different countries and everything is completely fine but everywhere Pourcel goes there seems to be problems. I guess this stuff is all just made up then?

The guy is an incredible rider with a very inspiring comeback story but man it's not always someone else's fault.
Sodipop
9/2/2017 11:53am
Pourcel said when he didn't like tracks and kept to himself. That's trashing everything?
9/2/2017 12:06pm
Is that what he did? If so I'd definitely say that's not trashing everything at all but I've heard from a few people (not
from Matthes' podcasts) that he was actually angry with a few track owners because they weren't up to his liking, I know one of the tracks was Gopher and I heard he didn't like how things were run in that series and made it very apparent throughout the season. I didn't go to any of the races, was supposed to go to Gopher but was busy so I'm not very tuned in but my whole point is there are plenty of non Canadians racing the series and have been for years but yet none of them had nearly as much drama. Is the entire motocross industry out to get Pourcel? These problems aren't specific to Canada.
9/2/2017 12:10pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
Just curious, who has 2 250SX titles, 1 MX2 title and came very close to 2 250 national titles? Along with MXGP wins and 450 outdoor...
I wasn't talking about his accolades, very few can rival him there, I just meant in coming up to Canada to race or even go to...
I wasn't talking about his accolades, very few can rival him there, I just meant in coming up to Canada to race or even go to countries like Australia. Look at Millsaps last year, he came up here, rode great all year, didn't trash talk everything he could find and people liked him and he made a pretty good amount of money. Pourcel was the exact opposite. Look at Brayton in the Australian SX series. Plenty of examples of riders being able to ride for different teams in different countries and everything is completely fine but everywhere Pourcel goes there seems to be problems. I guess this stuff is all just made up then?

The guy is an incredible rider with a very inspiring comeback story but man it's not always someone else's fault.
I thought you were just talking about his results.

TeamGreen
9/2/2017 12:19pm
Christophe was sick, very sick, at Gopher. So were Matt and Colton; but, they weren't as sick and dehydrated as Christophe. If Chrisroohe were feeling better that day...he'd have done a lot better. Same goes for Matt & Colton.

Gopher Dunes is a track that a Man rides when a Man rides a Sand Track. Herlings would LOVE that place!

About Christophe: his epic 'dry' sense of humor is "lost in translation". Furthermore, when he's jus' chillin' and comfortable with his surroundings...?
He's fun...
He's Hilarious...
He's a Good Dude.

He's VERY passionate about his "riding and racing".
I respect that.
NeKawBoy
9/2/2017 12:30pm
I'd like a chance to hear the other side of the story when it comes to Matthes and Pourcel.I'm a big fan of Pourcel's riding style and the fact he's overcome a truly life altering crash to return to professional racing. For someone that's so private he sure has a lot of acquaintances posting on Vital.
JM485
9/2/2017 1:22pm
I can't wait until he moves over to endurocross and we really get to see who he is. If I was getting bashed as much as he does by "journalists" I would probably keep to myself to. Remember how awesome his Q&A was here? That's who I suspect he really is, but doesn't let it out much in fear of backlash.
Ted722
9/2/2017 1:28pm
JM485 wrote:
I can't wait until he moves over to endurocross and we really get to see who he is. If I was getting bashed as much as...
I can't wait until he moves over to endurocross and we really get to see who he is. If I was getting bashed as much as he does by "journalists" I would probably keep to myself to. Remember how awesome his Q&A was here? That's who I suspect he really is, but doesn't let it out much in fear of backlash.
Haven't followed too closely on his Endurocross venture. When/where?
9/2/2017 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 1:46pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Christophe was sick, very sick, at Gopher. So were Matt and Colton; but, they weren't as sick and dehydrated as Christophe. If Chrisroohe were feeling better...
Christophe was sick, very sick, at Gopher. So were Matt and Colton; but, they weren't as sick and dehydrated as Christophe. If Chrisroohe were feeling better that day...he'd have done a lot better. Same goes for Matt & Colton.

Gopher Dunes is a track that a Man rides when a Man rides a Sand Track. Herlings would LOVE that place!

About Christophe: his epic 'dry' sense of humor is "lost in translation". Furthermore, when he's jus' chillin' and comfortable with his surroundings...?
He's fun...
He's Hilarious...
He's a Good Dude.

I respect that.
A good dude?
Passionate about his racing?
Now, YOU are fun.
9/2/2017 1:57pm
Motofinne wrote:
I didn't like that podcast. The way they talked about him, especially the part when they discussed that he had said "you could die anytime you...
I didn't like that podcast. The way they talked about him, especially the part when they discussed that he had said "you could die anytime you race/ride".

Have these guys forgot his background? The fact that he is racing at the level he has been all these years after the injury is inspiring .
Finally, guys who figured who he is.
TheLsho
Fantasy
664th
9/2/2017 2:09pm
He definitely says it how he thinks it is. Sometimes that praised, sometimes that is frowned upon.

Also I was at the second Canadian National this year in Prince George and the last lap he put in, including the pass was one of, if not the, most impressive things I have ever seen in racing. He made up like 6 bike lengths or more in one corner doing a line no one else had been doing.
MXMattii
9/2/2017 2:16pm
Press wants riders to act like real persons. If they do then Matthes can't handle...
MXMattii
9/2/2017 2:31pm
DRAGONBACK wrote:
A good dude?
Now, YOU are fun.
I once asked you before without real answer. Are you so pissed because of some things that happened in GPKR Team? Or what is the reason for you deep hatred towards CP377. Because personally I haven't had any problems with him, but I've spoken with people in Belgium who had some negative experiences with him.

Also how Mathes and his "friends" laugh about dying on the track, that makes us all see how narrow minded dipsh*ts they are. More then often we read news on this board about people who get serious injured or even die when racing motocross...
9/2/2017 2:52pm
From someone that does not know these riders at all, it appears that Pourcel and Reed are one the same,
except a language barrier that can distort the point they are trying to make?

Yet most, well some, OK a couple of you cherish Reed?

What gives?
9/2/2017 3:06pm
MXMattii wrote:
I once asked you before without real answer. Are you so pissed because of some things that happened in GPKR Team? Or what is the reason...
I once asked you before without real answer. Are you so pissed because of some things that happened in GPKR Team? Or what is the reason for you deep hatred towards CP377. Because personally I haven't had any problems with him, but I've spoken with people in Belgium who had some negative experiences with him.

Also how Mathes and his "friends" laugh about dying on the track, that makes us all see how narrow minded dipsh*ts they are. More then often we read news on this board about people who get serious injured or even die when racing motocross...
Matthes probably wouldn't know. He looks like he hasn't touched a bike in 20 years.
9/3/2017 4:55am
No idea why people bag on Matthes here so much. This should be called the Cry about Matthes thread
Motofinne
9/3/2017 5:01am
No idea why people bag on Matthes here so much. This should be called the Cry about Matthes thread
Matthes gets a lot of praise here. But at the same time some criticism just like anyone else.

I will still stick with my opinion, i didn't like that segment of the podcast.
TeamGreen
9/3/2017 12:30pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Christophe was sick, very sick, at Gopher. So were Matt and Colton; but, they weren't as sick and dehydrated as Christophe. If Chrisroohe were feeling better...

He's fun...
He's Hilarious...
He's a Good Dude.

I respect that.
DRAGONBACK wrote:
A good dude?
Now, YOU are fun.
1. You're not very smart.
2. Yes, "Passionate". He lays down the Fastest laps against the Fastest Riders. All the while... It's fairly difficult for him to do that for "30+2" and it frustrates the hell out of him. The reasons for which are not going to be explained to you. When he doesnt win, he's pissed...as in "Passionately Pissed Off".
3. He's Hilarious and Fun...hell, "Funny" to be around. He's got one of those epic ways of delivering a joke "dry"...aka, "Dry Humor"...& he makes me laugh. He's a cool dude. Where-as, you? You aren't.
JM485
9/3/2017 1:42pm
Ted722 wrote:
Haven't followed too closely on his Endurocross venture. When/where?
Nothing set in stone, but he's talked about possibly making the transition after his moto career is over. I think it would be an awesome move, no more d-bag people to deal with and only cool, supportive fans who enjoy racing.
9/3/2017 2:35pm
TeamGreen wrote:
1. You're not very smart. 2. Yes, "Passionate". He lays down the Fastest laps against the Fastest Riders. All the while... It's fairly difficult for him...
2. Yes, "Passionate". He lays down the Fastest laps against the Fastest Riders. All the while... It's fairly difficult for him to do that for "30+2" and it frustrates the hell out of him. The reasons for which are not going to be explained to you. When he doesnt win, he's pissed...as in "Passionately Pissed Off".
3. He's Hilarious and Fun...hell, "Funny" to be around. He's got one of those epic ways of delivering a joke "dry"...aka, "Dry Humor"...& he makes me laugh. He's a cool dude. Where-as, you? You aren't.
Someone who thinks CP's a cool dude doesn't have a clue about what being smart is.
Enough said.
Let's just hope he's done for good and we can end these interesting "discussions".
jamma10
9/3/2017 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2017 3:06pm
I like Matthes and enjoy listening to all the podcasts he does. I've listened to pretty much every Pulpshow for 8 years at least.

But he does have a longtime habit of criticising Pourcel, based (mainly) on hearsay. According to him Pourcel has always been reluctant to give him an interview so he continues to blackball him, which kind of just maintains the status quo. Although I doubt Pourcel listens to, or reads, much MX-based media anymore.
jeffro503
9/3/2017 3:02pm
TeamGreen wrote:
1. You're not very smart. 2. Yes, "Passionate". He lays down the Fastest laps against the Fastest Riders. All the while... It's fairly difficult for him...
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Someone who thinks CP's a cool dude doesn't have a clue about what being smart is. Enough said. Let's just hope he's done for good and...
Someone who thinks CP's a cool dude doesn't have a clue about what being smart is.
Enough said.
Let's just hope he's done for good and we can end these interesting "discussions".
You sound like the France version of GoRide.......that is , shit on your own country men , every chance you get. In fact you are the " Bizarro " ( Look it up ) of GoRide.

And speaking of Get.....I truly don't get it.

I've seen you post your hatred bullshit towards CP a few times on here. Maybe fill us in on why you dislike the guy so much? He definitely sounds like he pissed in your cheerio's.
jeffro503
9/3/2017 3:04pm
jamma10 wrote:
I like Matthes and enjoy listening to all the podcasts he does. I've listened to pretty much every Pulpshow for 8 years at least. But he...
I like Matthes and enjoy listening to all the podcasts he does. I've listened to pretty much every Pulpshow for 8 years at least.

But he does have a longtime habit of criticising Pourcel, based (mainly) on hearsay. According to him Pourcel has always been reluctant to give him an interview so he continues to blackball him, which kind of just maintains the status quo. Although I doubt Pourcel listens to, or reads, much MX-based media anymore.
On a side note : I don't dig Matthe's opinion on CP either. I actually think it sucks.

Post a reply to: The cry about pourcel podcast

The Latest