The case of curious Kenny

str8line
Edited Date/Time 4/16/2021 8:31am
Why was his last lap his fastest on lap 12? Actually about as fast as Coopers fastest which was on lap 2(Coops was .10 faster)

And what is going on with him?
|
Dutch348
4/10/2021 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2021 9:32pm
Probably operating on no sleep from taking care of a newborn.
mxjon454
4/10/2021 10:53pm
Kenny’s body has just been put through the ringer. For him to even be up there battling where’s he’s at after what he’s gone through is a win in itself imo. What’s been happening the last handful of rounds has happened the last few years now. I don’t think he wins this championship, but he’s still one of the top 3 riders out there.

The Shop

Heavyrider
4/10/2021 11:01pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Kenny’s body has just been put through the ringer. For him to even be up there battling where’s he’s at after what he’s gone through is...
Kenny’s body has just been put through the ringer. For him to even be up there battling where’s he’s at after what he’s gone through is a win in itself imo. What’s been happening the last handful of rounds has happened the last few years now. I don’t think he wins this championship, but he’s still one of the top 3 riders out there.
Hold on there. He was recovered from his injuries enough to be dominant at several races this year. His performance is especially odd considering he just came off an extended break. Something else at play here.
Mit12
4/10/2021 11:05pm
Webb is just mentally stronger! Kenny is dropping like a Rock-zen. At this point Ken will be lucky to stay in 2nd in points.
28hall
4/10/2021 11:08pm
Being a Honda rider myself I can attest to those conditions being the absolute worst case scenario for that bike regardless of how good the factory can tune them! Hard, slimy dirt is kryptonite for that bike more so then dry hardpack. His fastest lap time right at the end is probably because the track had dried out the most to offer some traction. Kenny can’t seem to push through when the bike isn’t working for him
bd
4/10/2021 11:14pm
Mit12 wrote:
Webb is just mentally stronger! Kenny is dropping like a Rock-zen. At this point Ken will be lucky to stay in 2nd in points.
Dumbest opinion I've read. You don't come back from an injury like Kenny did by being mentally weak. Bottom line, Webb is a better supercross racer. PERIOD!
Mit12
4/10/2021 11:15pm
28hall wrote:
Being a Honda rider myself I can attest to those conditions being the absolute worst case scenario for that bike regardless of how good the factory...
Being a Honda rider myself I can attest to those conditions being the absolute worst case scenario for that bike regardless of how good the factory can tune them! Hard, slimy dirt is kryptonite for that bike more so then dry hardpack. His fastest lap time right at the end is probably because the track had dried out the most to offer some traction. Kenny can’t seem to push through when the bike isn’t working for him
So why was it fine for Sexton? The bike will not make the difference between 2nd and 9th!
bd
4/10/2021 11:16pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Kenny’s body has just been put through the ringer. For him to even be up there battling where’s he’s at after what he’s gone through is...
Heavyrider wrote:
Hold on there. He was recovered from his injuries enough to be dominant at several races this year. His performance is especially odd considering he just...
Hold on there. He was recovered from his injuries enough to be dominant at several races this year. His performance is especially odd considering he just came off an extended break. Something else at play here.
Definitely the case last year. If his health is a basket case outdoors, his injury fucked his career. Being the best for a few races doesn't mean shit for the whole series.
Rad76
4/10/2021 11:17pm
28hall wrote:
Being a Honda rider myself I can attest to those conditions being the absolute worst case scenario for that bike regardless of how good the factory...
Sexton didn’t seem to care.
28hall
4/10/2021 11:20pm
28hall wrote:
Rad76 wrote:
Sexton is young with nothing to lose. How many times have we seen him weed himself this year? Like I said at the end of my post kenny is unable to send it when the bikes not working 100% to his liking. Sexton clearly sends it... all the time
Mit12
4/10/2021 11:23pm
Mit12 wrote:
bd wrote:
Dumbest opinion I've read. You don't come back from an injury like Kenny did by being mentally weak. Bottom line, Webb is a better supercross racer...
Dumbest opinion I've read. You don't come back from an injury like Kenny did by being mentally weak. Bottom line, Webb is a better supercross racer. PERIOD!
Roczen always starts the SX season strong but falls apart by mid season and Webb is the opposite. I think it is more of a mental thing than speed.
kiwifan
4/10/2021 11:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2021 11:44pm
28hall wrote:
Rad76 wrote:
28hall wrote:
Sexton is young with nothing to lose. How many times have we seen him weed himself this year? Like I said at the end of my...
Sexton is young with nothing to lose. How many times have we seen him weed himself this year? Like I said at the end of my post kenny is unable to send it when the bikes not working 100% to his liking. Sexton clearly sends it... all the time
So you relate your Honda bikes to a factory bike in an earlier post, then make a statement like fact that it is the bike.... cmon dude !!!! I think it’s Kenny’s head not the bike. I am gutted he hasn’t shown the form lately that he had earlier in the season, shit happens
28hall
4/10/2021 11:57pm
Rad76 wrote:
28hall wrote:
Sexton is young with nothing to lose. How many times have we seen him weed himself this year? Like I said at the end of my...
kiwifan wrote:
So you relate your Honda bikes to a factory bike in an earlier post, then make a statement like fact that it is the bike.... cmon...
So you relate your Honda bikes to a factory bike in an earlier post, then make a statement like fact that it is the bike.... cmon dude !!!! I think it’s Kenny’s head not the bike. I am gutted he hasn’t shown the form lately that he had earlier in the season, shit happens
It’s just an opinion mate based off what I’ve seen. Pristine track ken is blazing fast, choppy slippery track he struggles. He got lapped at last years Salt Lake City on the same conditions wet and slippery but not full mudder. As for the bike I wasn’t aware the factory got to run different chassis and swing arms to the stock bikes. There’s base characteristics of all bikes that can’t be removed completely.
RalphS
4/11/2021 12:16am
Roczen was 10 or 12 years ago the wunderkind, the M. Schumacher of MX. It didn't pan out as we all expected but he made the money some of us can only dream about and he and his family are set for life so whatever he does he'll be fine. If that a curious case then I'm missing out.
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
4/11/2021 12:21am
28hall wrote:
Stop sniffing acetone, bud, or maybe you’re just a bad slummy/muddy condition rider... 90% of the field would kill to race that bike...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/11/2021 12:41am
28hall wrote:
Yes, because you and Kenny are clearly on the same level. 🙄
lestat
4/11/2021 12:43am
28hall wrote:
dv12.com wrote:
Stop sniffing acetone, bud, or maybe you’re just a bad slummy/muddy condition rider... 90% of the field would kill to race that bike...
90% of the privateers maybe ...
28hall
4/11/2021 12:47am
dv12.com wrote:
100% I’m a bad mud rider. I was merely offering an opinion to the op of why Ken’s last lap time was his quickest when the track would have been at its driest. He clearly struggles when there’s limited traction so I’m not sure why acetone gets brought into it I’m sure everyone would want to be on that bike but kens the one riding it and a Honda is a Honda. What’s your explanation of ken?
ShawdowGlen
4/11/2021 12:47am
Bummed for Kenny to see him slipping further away from the title. Sad
28hall
4/11/2021 12:53am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yes, because you and Kenny are clearly on the same level. 🙄
Didn’t say or imply that anywhere in my post mate. When ken kills it in slippery conditions Ill happily form a new opinion. What’s your take on his fastest lap being the last lap?
mmcmx
4/11/2021 1:33am
He looked awkward to me.
mmcmx
4/11/2021 1:41am
dv12.com wrote:
How did you see him David? Everytime they showed him I had the impression he was uncomfortable. Your guy looked awesome btw.
4/11/2021 1:45am
RalphS wrote:
Roczen was 10 or 12 years ago the wunderkind, the M. Schumacher of MX. It didn't pan out as we all expected but he made the...
Roczen was 10 or 12 years ago the wunderkind, the M. Schumacher of MX. It didn't pan out as we all expected but he made the money some of us can only dream about and he and his family are set for life so whatever he does he'll be fine. If that a curious case then I'm missing out.
Roczen is the youngest worldchampion in history,won two 450 nationaltitles in the US,is top 3 rider in SX.He is the most versatile racer on the planet.
4/11/2021 2:02am
Dutch348 wrote:
All the thumbs down from guys who don’t have kids haha
Yammyam
4/11/2021 4:07am
Well being dead last off the start probably didn't help him out
4/11/2021 4:35am
Dutch348 wrote:
All the thumbs down from guys who don’t have kids haha
Roczen doesn't have a wife?
downard254
4/11/2021 4:36am
mxjon454 wrote:
No disrespect intended, but it’s been 4 years now talking about Ken’s injury. I remember back in ‘95 a guy named Doug Henry nearly crush his vertebrae in his lower mid back. Surgery’s and a titanium cage installed around his spine and a year and a half later he was winning again. While I can’t compare the two different types of injury, I just don’t remember fans and the press focusing on this event for 4 years.
slipdog
4/11/2021 4:56am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2021 4:57am
Since 10% of the field are on Hondas, Did DV just confirm Ferrandis to Honda 2022?

Post a reply to: The case of curious Kenny

The Latest