The bolt tightener guy at Husqvarna might lose his job.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2020 3:01 PM

We all saw that Anderson lost his seat, but did anybody else notice how Zacho lost the lower half of one of his side numberplates? I'm going to go to my garage to practice my t handle techniques. There might be a job opening up.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

6/21/2020 3:02 PM

A little drop of blue loctite does wonders also

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

6/21/2020 3:03 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

We all saw that Anderson lost his seat, but did anybody else notice how Zacho lost the lower half of one of his side numberplates? I'm going to go to my garage to practice my t handle techniques. There might be a job opening up.

Bought me a husky yesterday. Currently applying loctite and 3 pounds of safety wire everywhere.

|

6/21/2020 3:04 PM

Also pissed at forkner for KO’ing himself, now I can’t hear any of the husky guys on the podium. Damnit.

|

6/21/2020 3:04 PM

I think Zack did lose the lower part of one of his number plates a race or two ago.

|

6/21/2020 3:05 PM

eric513anderson wrote:

A little drop of blue loctite does wonders also

I dont think factory teams are aware of such technology quite yet

|

6/21/2020 3:05 PM

Man, I can't get those lower side plates to come off when I want them to.

|

Powerband in every gear !

6/21/2020 3:33 PM

mechanic is hoping for a broken bracket

|

6/21/2020 3:48 PM

I never seen that happen...ever....and I seen someone run outta gas...

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

6/21/2020 9:53 PM

I'll bet Anderson is a little butt hurt about the whole thing!

|

6/21/2020 10:09 PM

RonSkj wrote:

10-4 amigo!

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

6/21/2020 10:13 PM

RonSkj wrote:

HAHA

|

6/21/2020 10:14 PM

dsmith wrote:

He ran outta ass.
|

6/21/2020 10:41 PM

RonSkj wrote:

😁😀😳

|

6/21/2020 10:46 PM

Monday morning.....somewhere in SLC someone is BH.

Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/21/2020 11:05 PM

That lower centre of gravity could help in places - they should take slices out of the side of their seats where they sit in the corner - just chuck adhesive padding on the frame / tank underneith it.

|

"I dont want to milk anything out - i'll just keep pushing"

6/21/2020 11:25 PM

Team Fried turning the wrenches?

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

6/21/2020 11:26 PM

I'm a race mechanic and I really feel sorry for Anderson's mechanic. It is a high pressure job at that level and often it is the simple things that one misses or forgets.

All it takes is One small distraction and you can miss something. We have all been there.

Whether the seat broke or not the humble mechanic will still beat himself up....

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/21/2020 11:37 PM

Boomslang wrote:

I'm a race mechanic and I really feel sorry for Anderson's mechanic. It is a high pressure job at that level and often it is the simple things that one misses or forgets.

All it takes is One small distraction and you can miss something. We have all been there.

Whether the seat broke or not the humble mechanic will still beat himself up....

We used to say only riders can win races but mechanics and engineers can lose them.

|

If the glass is half full it's twice as big as it needs to be.

6/21/2020 11:52 PM

Boomslang wrote:

Momus wrote:

We used to say only riders can win races but mechanics and engineers can lose them.

Yup. Can you imaging being Tomac's mechanic. When you are leading the championship the pressure is huge.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/22/2020 2:37 AM

And the comments from those saying a dab of loctite goes a long way aren't pulling that seat off 10 times a weekend with minimal time between races to do all the necessary things. Grease is the usual team bike go-to for such items for slowing the spin out of a loose bolt.

I'll never forget not filling a fuel tank up to the neck at a sand race only to see a points lead go to shit with a lap to go. A lot more biscuits on the line at this one though.

|

6/22/2020 4:13 AM

If its still a single screw on the left side , you have to pull the panel to check it..

|

6/22/2020 6:06 AM

Underground wrote:

And the comments from those saying a dab of loctite goes a long way aren't pulling that seat off 10 times a weekend with minimal time between races to do all the necessary things. Grease is the usual team bike go-to for such items for slowing the spin out of a loose bolt.

I'll never forget not filling a fuel tank up to the neck at a sand race only to see a points lead go to shit with a lap to go. A lot more biscuits on the line at this one though.

After the bike is built, what reason is there to take the seat off? You dont need a new air filter between practice and the night show, and i doubt theyre changing spark plugs either.

|

6/22/2020 6:13 AM

It would be interesting to see the seat. Did the bolts come out or did the brackets rip out of the base?

|

6/22/2020 6:14 AM

dsmith wrote:

str8line wrote:
He ran outta ass.

Something tells me this thread is going to deliver..."Butt" I'm not 100% positive !!!

|

6/22/2020 6:15 AM

jerry atrick moto wrote:

It would be interesting to see the seat. Did the bolts come out or did the brackets rip out of the base?

Anderson handled it like a pro though....He put the blame on him seat bouncing. I'd have been giving the mechanic a "what for" over and over.

|

6/22/2020 6:40 AM

Not sure if they run it in the states, but in MXGP the Huskys have an additional seat bolt.

|

6/22/2020 6:47 AM

philG wrote:

If its still a single screw on the left side , you have to pull the panel to check it..

I have a TX model which should be the same as the TC. It's a single bolt and it's behind the number plate. I can't see it backing out and falling out. I think it would hit the plastic first. I wonder if it was never put back in upon assembly. Then with it being hidden behind the number plate you'd never see it missing. Stinks either way.

|

6/22/2020 6:53 AM

It was not a stock seat. It was a Guts carbon fiber base with light foam. I bet part of the seat was still bolted to the bike.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/22/2020 6:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2020 6:55 AM

It reminds me of something that John Ward, who designed cars for Dan Gurney including the AAR Toyota's that dominated in IMSA back in the day, once told me:

'Parts don't fail, people fail. A part is either designed improperly, made wrong, or not installed correctly'

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger