The black cloud over JGR

brimx153
2/24/2020 9:06am
Brent wrote:
Justin Hill's attitude and results this year are 100 percent improved over last year. Someone explain this. James Stewart sweeps the first nationals on a hastily-assembled...
Justin Hill's attitude and results this year are 100 percent improved over last year.

Someone explain this.

James Stewart sweeps the first nationals on a hastily-assembled Suzuki ride after he leaves JGR.

Explain.

Justin Barcia couldn't get out of his own way on JGR, now he running top 5 with two wins on Yamaha.

Explain.
Barica one is easy to me . Both RV and RD are retired. When Barica was racing JGR they were nt . That 2 position s . He would have won feck all if they where still racing. And i think you answered the Justin Hill one , his attitude has changed. But remember mitch, and roger could nt do that either. Its more props to Tony .
hamncheeze
2/24/2020 6:39pm
brimx153 wrote:
Barica one is easy to me . Both RV and RD are retired. When Barica was racing JGR they were nt . That 2 position s...
Barica one is easy to me . Both RV and RD are retired. When Barica was racing JGR they were nt . That 2 position s . He would have won feck all if they where still racing. And i think you answered the Justin Hill one , his attitude has changed. But remember mitch, and roger could nt do that either. Its more props to Tony .
Barcia won 2 races in 2013 when RV and Dungey were in their prime.
Premix
2/24/2020 7:57pm
TY838 wrote:
The JGR organization has been the Cleveland Browns of moto for quite some time.
As a lifelong Browns fan, this statement hits home and couldn’t be more true.

Always next year....

The Shop

toroP
3/5/2020 7:57am
It's all Dylan Ferrandis fault.... BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo

For those who lack a sense of humor....this post was in jest....
But it’s just not funny. So who lacks the sense of humor?Dry
mb60
3/5/2020 12:53pm
MXMattii wrote:
LeFrancois will fill-in for JGR.
Now there is a rider that can turn it all around. Him and Decotis will make a powerful team.
Brandon_Lake
3/6/2020 3:00am
I can’t see JGR being around to much longer. They struggle getting a major title sponsor before 2020 Supercross season and Suzuki support is pretty much nonexistent. I wouldn’t be surprise if they closed shop for 2021.
RTDRacing
3/6/2020 5:45am
MXMattii wrote:
LeFrancois will fill-in for JGR.
Sure looks that way, judging by the SR75 Instagram page...hopefully he can help them get back on track.
Fraser
3/6/2020 6:04am
2010 Yamaha was not a shit bike. JS7 crashed his brains out repeatedly and blamed it all on the bike rather than admit his concussions. The reputation of that bike never recovered.
davistld01
3/6/2020 11:10am
How can JGR (or rather, their sponsors...) keep pumping money into a team that basically self destructs each year? Like my previous post said...credit is due JBone and the team powers that be for at least being resilient...but DAMN, there has to be a point where the money ends, right? I remember RCH, and they had Roczen, Tickle & some other pretty dang good riders on their payroll...and they finally had to call it quits. I can only imagine what it costs the Gibb's to go racing each year...and to fail.
3/6/2020 11:36am
davistld01 wrote:
How can JGR (or rather, their sponsors...) keep pumping money into a team that basically self destructs each year? Like my previous post said...credit is due...
How can JGR (or rather, their sponsors...) keep pumping money into a team that basically self destructs each year? Like my previous post said...credit is due JBone and the team powers that be for at least being resilient...but DAMN, there has to be a point where the money ends, right? I remember RCH, and they had Roczen, Tickle & some other pretty dang good riders on their payroll...and they finally had to call it quits. I can only imagine what it costs the Gibb's to go racing each year...and to fail.
RCH didn't have the Toyota tie-in, which I imagine is the only thing barely keeping JGR in the sport.
davistld01
3/6/2020 11:59am
davistld01 wrote:
How can JGR (or rather, their sponsors...) keep pumping money into a team that basically self destructs each year? Like my previous post said...credit is due...
RCH didn't have the Toyota tie-in, which I imagine is the only thing barely keeping JGR in the sport.
They had the RAM one though.
Question
3/6/2020 1:52pm

JGR has not been lucky this year with Savatgy's injury. They should have kept Reed i think as a second rider, but the budget was too tight.

However in all the previous years they did pretty good results considering they are not a factory team, and considering that except Stewart they did not sign RV RD Tomac and Roczen. There is only 1 winner per main event and per season.
3/6/2020 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 2:45pm
davistld01 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
A. RCH had lost the Dodge/RAM sponsorship prior to folding.
B. JGR's partnership with Toyota is obviously much deeper than a sticker on the swingarm. They run Toyota's NASCAR effort.
C. Toyota is much more heavily invested in SX than Dodge was. They are the series #2 sponsor after Monster.
3/6/2020 3:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 3:08pm
davistld01 wrote:
Not when they folded.

Oops, looks like dirty points beat me to that one.

Post a reply to: The black cloud over JGR

The Latest