The black cloud over JGR

foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 3:08pm
I think as MX racers many of us are somewhat "superstitious". This may sound silly, but with all the bad luck they have been having could you start to begin to see riders actually turning down offers/fill ins for this team due to the black cloud hanging over JGR?

It can't be easy to watch their competitors with career ending injuries and season ending breaks. Pieck, Savatgy, Norren, Jimmy D, Tickle...

I know I know...how could someone turn down a factory ride especially if they are paying out of pocket to get to the races, but is it possible? You would be going in with the frame of mind basically expecting to be the next one on the ground.

This sport is dangerous as F, but when was the last time that a SX team had so many riders injured in one season? And we're only half way!

What is going on at JGR?!
|
Press516
Fantasy
126th
2/23/2020 9:40am
It's hard to image a team having a more difficult year than JGR in 2020. I don't buy in to any superstition, just a bad year, period.
MXMattii
2/23/2020 9:50am
If I was JGR, I would call Charles LeFrancois. He knows the Suzuki and is solid in Supercross. Maybe he can bring his own suspension to replicate that setting or to give him options.
Buckland
2/23/2020 9:55am
Bruce372 wrote:
Can they put alex martin on the 450?
They could, but he's having enough trouble staying healthy on the 250

The Shop

JustMX
2/23/2020 10:40am
A lot of conversations about jgr and why they haven't lived up to their potential over the years.

James Stewart, David Millsaps, Justin Barcia, Justin Brayton, and now Josh Hill have put in better results AFTER leaving Jgr, including 4 of those 5 winning races in the premier class.

The team has always looked awesome on paper but dang, after all these years and nothing ever seeming to gel, it could make one ponder what needs to change in the team structure to initiate change in the right direction.
tek14
2/23/2020 10:42am
They have been getting riders that are not absolute highest level like Dungey, Tomac and so on.
Their guys trying to bridge gap to front by pushing just little on bike that is not better than those
top guys have. Taking more risk will hurt in long run.
O&GDriller
2/23/2020 10:45am
JGR's historical performance considering the resources they have/had clearly indicate it's a poorly managed company.

Note, I'm not attacking anybody, I'm just stating fact based upon performance and resources.
kiwifan
2/23/2020 11:17am
It seems the JGR and KTM guys cant get a break lately....used to be a thing called a honda curse....
Dougy1
2/23/2020 11:26am
kiwifan wrote:
It seems the JGR and KTM guys cant get a break lately....used to be a thing called a honda curse....
What do you mean lately with JGR !
I can’t remember when they have ever had a good run full stop
Brent
2/23/2020 11:43am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 11:43am
Justin Hill's attitude and results this year are 100 percent improved over last year.

Someone explain this.

James Stewart sweeps the first nationals on a hastily-assembled Suzuki ride after he leaves JGR.

Explain.

Justin Barcia couldn't get out of his own way on JGR, now he running top 5 with two wins on Yamaha.

Explain.
davistld01
2/23/2020 11:45am
I understand all but the OT last paragraph regarding Trey Canard. What has that got to do with JGR, Suzuki, the “black cloud” or anything?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/23/2020 11:48am
Has anyone noticed how different the JGR bikes handle compared to the HEP bikes? Both the JGR 250’s and 450’s look like they are as rigid as a steel beam. Idk what they are doing over there, but maybe they are trying to do too much.
hamncheeze
2/23/2020 1:15pm
Man when I saw Tickle taking the deal with JGR I was thinking in the back of my head "I wonder if he gets hurt because the team just has bad bad luck" and sure enough it took 2 races. Unbelievable. It has to turn around at some point for them.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/23/2020 1:30pm
Some of you have your selves whipped into a pretty good frenzy. Carry on.
TxGuy
2/23/2020 1:37pm
GuyB wrote:
Some of you have your selves whipped into a pretty good frenzy. Carry on.
thanks for the addition to the conversation. Whistling
xrmark
2/23/2020 1:58pm
Brent wrote:
Justin Hill's attitude and results this year are 100 percent improved over last year. Someone explain this. James Stewart sweeps the first nationals on a hastily-assembled...
Justin Hill's attitude and results this year are 100 percent improved over last year.

Someone explain this.

James Stewart sweeps the first nationals on a hastily-assembled Suzuki ride after he leaves JGR.

Explain.

Justin Barcia couldn't get out of his own way on JGR, now he running top 5 with two wins on Yamaha.

Explain.
All of that happened on the worst yz450 ever made, minus Justin Hill. And everyone knows tony Alessi got ju hill on the right track. It has nothing to do with JGR itself. And stew didn’t go to a “hastily assembled suzuki” lol that bike was on point. Barcias Yamaha now compared to when he was on JGR might as well be completely different bikes. But since you think it’s JGR, explain. Bro.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/23/2020 2:46pm
Brent wrote:
Justin Hill's attitude and results this year are 100 percent improved over last year. Someone explain this. James Stewart sweeps the first nationals on a hastily-assembled...

Someone explain this.

Explain.

Explain.
xrmark wrote:
All of that happened on the worst yz450 ever made, minus Justin Hill. And everyone knows tony Alessi got ju hill on the right track. It...
All of that happened on the worst yz450 ever made, minus Justin Hill. And everyone knows tony Alessi got ju hill on the right track. It has nothing to do with JGR itself. And stew didn’t go to a “hastily assembled suzuki” lol that bike was on point. Barcias Yamaha now compared to when he was on JGR might as well be completely different bikes. But since you think it’s JGR, explain. Bro.
Don’t forget Barcia beat Dungey straight up on the JGR Yamaha at Red Bud.
2/23/2020 4:22pm
It's all Dylan Ferrandis fault.... BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo

For those who lack a sense of humor....this post was in jest....
8tensolutions
2/23/2020 4:36pm
Brent wrote:

Someone explain this.

Explain.

Explain.
xrmark wrote:
All of that happened on the worst yz450 ever made, minus Justin Hill. And everyone knows tony Alessi got ju hill on the right track. It...
You just explained it. Everyone knows Tony Alessi got Justin Hill on track (and Malcolm and Vince) yet JGR has struggled from the beginning. It is a BUSINESS running a Team and the leadership running JGR has lost sponsors and hired the best with little or no results. How they do not have a significant change in leadership is beyond me unless JBone has some serious shit on Coy or something.
cityjack
2/23/2020 5:02pm
Brent wrote:

Someone explain this.

Explain.

Explain.
xrmark wrote:
You just explained it. Everyone knows Tony Alessi got Justin Hill on track (and Malcolm and Vince) yet JGR has struggled from the beginning. It is...
You just explained it. Everyone knows Tony Alessi got Justin Hill on track (and Malcolm and Vince) yet JGR has struggled from the beginning. It is a BUSINESS running a Team and the leadership running JGR has lost sponsors and hired the best with little or no results. How they do not have a significant change in leadership is beyond me unless JBone has some serious shit on Coy or something.
Yup to the leadership thing. You see it all the time in other venues. Top talent and different top not producing year after year after year, can't blame the riders or the bikes. Whats left?
8tensolutions
2/23/2020 5:11pm
xrmark wrote:
You just explained it. Everyone knows Tony Alessi got Justin Hill on track (and Malcolm and Vince) yet JGR has struggled from the beginning. It is...
cityjack wrote:
Yup to the leadership thing. You see it all the time in other venues. Top talent and different top not producing year after year after year...
Yup to the leadership thing. You see it all the time in other venues. Top talent and different top not producing year after year after year, can't blame the riders or the bikes. Whats left?
The only thing left is the person making the choices. I have nothing against Albrecht, but if we are honest he was a factory mechanic prior to JGR which doesn't exactly yield to leading others and building teams. He seems like a great dude and I love his interviews with Matthes, but he is in a job that would seem to expect results and that hasn't been anywhere close......with or without injuries.
2/23/2020 9:03pm
I can not believe what im reading calling jared keller to go the f off on these dudes talking smack on jgr or lee mccollum or j bone, seriously put these dudes in their place that talk smack, JGR does a great job, and they build amazing machines!
2/23/2020 9:04pm
I can not believe what im reading calling jared keller to go the f off on these dudes talking smack on jgr or lee mccollum or...
I can not believe what im reading calling jared keller to go the f off on these dudes talking smack on jgr or lee mccollum or j bone, seriously put these dudes in their place that talk smack, JGR does a great job, and they build amazing machines!
And to add to that who the hell could complain about saving money, yea maybe no 450 riders at moment but saving money isnt a bad thing, might just be time to save money and round it up for nationals.
TY838
2/24/2020 3:52am
The JGR organization has been the Cleveland Browns of moto for quite some time.
2/24/2020 4:20am
This thread is pretty stupid. The 2010 Yamaha was a piece of shit, and that chassis has had problems since it was released. Suzuki, not exactly a cutting edge bike either..
Ebbs and flows of racing, you guys would have been saying the same thing about KTM in 2010.
1. Did Savatgy ever finish a moto on that Kawasaki last year?
2. Barcia left factory Yamaha because he hated the bike originally and he sucked.
3. Stewart crashed on whatever he rode, always.
4. Josh Grant is thanking JGR.
5. Weston Pieck is thanking JGR.
6. Chad Reed looks REAL good this year, I’m betting he would give his left testicle for a JGR bike right now.
7. Millsaps had a career season with JGR.
8. Brayton was a great rider on that bike, some of his best finishes
9. Nicoletti was always solid

I appreciate a team that busting their ass and trying, even more that’s supporting the sport. I applaud them for not giving up and hope they get some luck their way, then shove it in all your faces. Unreal.

foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
2/24/2020 6:09am
This thread is pretty stupid. The 2010 Yamaha was a piece of shit, and that chassis has had problems since it was released. Suzuki, not exactly...
This thread is pretty stupid. The 2010 Yamaha was a piece of shit, and that chassis has had problems since it was released. Suzuki, not exactly a cutting edge bike either..
Ebbs and flows of racing, you guys would have been saying the same thing about KTM in 2010.
1. Did Savatgy ever finish a moto on that Kawasaki last year?
2. Barcia left factory Yamaha because he hated the bike originally and he sucked.
3. Stewart crashed on whatever he rode, always.
4. Josh Grant is thanking JGR.
5. Weston Pieck is thanking JGR.
6. Chad Reed looks REAL good this year, I’m betting he would give his left testicle for a JGR bike right now.
7. Millsaps had a career season with JGR.
8. Brayton was a great rider on that bike, some of his best finishes
9. Nicoletti was always solid

I appreciate a team that busting their ass and trying, even more that’s supporting the sport. I applaud them for not giving up and hope they get some luck their way, then shove it in all your faces. Unreal.

I never mentioned anything with regards to the bike or management (as the OP). I personally wasn’t attacking JGR just to clarify. Maybe that’s with the downvotes...but anyways. Just thought this would be a fun discussion but it went completely the other way LOL.
davistld01
2/24/2020 7:11am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2020 7:12am
One thing for sure...JBone and JGR are a tough team. With all the money they've obviously invested...both in bikes, parts & personel...and all the money they've seen go down the drain, and all the negative bullshit they have had to read on places like Vital and others...they have never packed it up and called it quits. Gotta give them props for being lovers of the sport, and still being willing to do what it takes to keep chugging along. One thing for sure...our sport, small and getting smaller that it is, is better with teams like JGR in it. I hope they find a replacement for Tickle soon, and can recoup.

Post a reply to: The black cloud over JGR

The Latest