The best rider vs the best racer

Pretty interesting story. On a freshly groomed track, it seems that nobody can beat Roczen. If Webb wins this championship (the likely scenario at this point) it will be because of his ability to adapt and take advantage of situations.
RacerX article

Has Supercross reached the point like other forms of Motorsports where it is actually a disadvantage to lead a race before the final lap?
|
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
3/25/2021 4:38am
Unlike other Motorsports, we don’t have caution flags that resets the field with only few laps left. Webb lately has been making the past for the lead about half point in the race, so maybe the best time is at the half way point these days
AE448
3/25/2021 12:36pm
All depends on the talent you have in the current era...at present they are all close...Webb is a standout now but as you say it can depend on the track. Bikes nowadays are so good that it's getting harder and harder to see the talent making up the difference. IMO tracks could do with changing somewhat...when was the last time we saw a JS7 kind of ride...in that I mean, preloading a wall jump (Daytona) or jumping through a rythym section in a way that nobody else can do? Is it because the tracks don't allow it, or is it because no one in the current crop of riders is pushing it to that edge? I'm going off on a tangent, anyway...
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
3/25/2021 12:49pm
AE448 wrote:
All depends on the talent you have in the current era...at present they are all close...Webb is a standout now but as you say it can...
All depends on the talent you have in the current era...at present they are all close...Webb is a standout now but as you say it can depend on the track. Bikes nowadays are so good that it's getting harder and harder to see the talent making up the difference. IMO tracks could do with changing somewhat...when was the last time we saw a JS7 kind of ride...in that I mean, preloading a wall jump (Daytona) or jumping through a rythym section in a way that nobody else can do? Is it because the tracks don't allow it, or is it because no one in the current crop of riders is pushing it to that edge? I'm going off on a tangent, anyway...
Sexton tried to launch the wall at Daytona and busted his face all to hell, cool to see someone try it though. One of the biggest things I see Webb do that makes him so damned good is he's quicker to switch lines in the corners. Kenny and Eli both run the rough ruts and lose huge time out of the corners on acceleration. I'd say thats 90% Webb being smart and 10% the steel frame on the KTM having that little bit of flex. If Kenny and Eli are going to beat Webb this years its going to have to come from an increased willingness to switch their lines up. Kenny needs to get some aggression back too, he doesn't make Webb's life hard enough when he's in front of him.
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
3/25/2021 1:12pm
Hey Roczen ball lickers, If Webb beats roczen it's becuase he is better than him. Racing is racing, qualifying is qualifying . I'm a Kroc fan but what is the deal with you guys having to justify his riding or position all the time.. All things considered this is still a great season for him.

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/25/2021 1:25pm
I don’t think you need a magazine article to tell you that there’s a difference between great riders and great racers.

Stewy, great rider, RC, great racer.

That dude in all the Slay Ground videos, great play rider, but would be lucky to make a night show. Cooper Webb, can’t hit ramps, but he’s currently the best racer.
AE448
3/25/2021 1:28pm
skeef wrote:
Hey Roczen ball lickers, If Webb beats roczen it's becuase he is better than him. Racing is racing, qualifying is qualifying . I'm a Kroc fan...
Hey Roczen ball lickers, If Webb beats roczen it's becuase he is better than him. Racing is racing, qualifying is qualifying . I'm a Kroc fan but what is the deal with you guys having to justify his riding or position all the time.. All things considered this is still a great season for him.
No one here has said anything of the sort, yet LaughingLaughing
3/25/2021 4:15pm
Webb is both this year..
He ALWAYS turns it up when the mains roll around..
Cortami79
3/25/2021 4:54pm
Winners win. I really hope Roczen wins a title before he retires, especially after those gnarly injuries. It’s all so mental though. Webb has the flow now, so it will be hard to beat. Roczen has the talent to do that. He just needs some starts and get that flow back. The people saying Roczen his mental game is weak, don’t know anything about injuries and what that guy has been through. Anyways, we are in another great season and may the best guy win.

Post a reply to: The best rider vs the best racer

The Latest