The best inexpensive action cam.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2018 12:36 PM

I'm taking a trip in the near future and I'd like to record some footage of the tracks I will be riding on the trip. Since I'll probably never use the camera after I get back from the trip, I don't want to shell out big bucks for it. What camera do you recommend that will get decent footage and not cost a ton of money?

|

1/17/2018 12:54 PM

A lot of those cheap Amazon cameras seem to be really good for the price... Pick a price point and get the one with the best reviews.
I have the original Hero HD that I'll be replacing with a cheap Amazon camera.

|

1/17/2018 12:56 PM

Go Pro Hero 5 Session is a decent camera at a fraction of the cost of their regular cameras. I would highly recommend going that route. Anything cheaper and you might just be wasting your money. It would be a shame to get something super cheap and it break halfway through your trip.

You can re-sell it after your trip and maybe only be out $50.00.

|

1/17/2018 1:31 PM

Look up a camera your interested in then watch YouTube videos filmed with that camera.

I personally would go with GoPro. Those cheaper action cams never seem to have a crisp picture at least compared to a GoPro.

|

1/17/2018 1:36 PM

I dont know how you guys do it but here in Toronto there is a site called Kijiji...i guess like craigslist but without the rape.

3 years ago i bought a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition with allllll the accessories, extra SD cards, extra batteries, extra cases, bluetooth this and that, and a carry bag for $300 CAD used.

I did take my time and went thru a lot of ads to pick one I felt was kept in best condition.

At the time I valued the bag i picked up at $700 worth of GoPro swag and I paid $300.

To this day im still using it and its working great. Id rather go with GoPro than cheap out on some random camera thats only a little bit cheaper

|

1/17/2018 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2018 1:42 PM

Check eBay. Always good deals on GoPros...I know during outdoors they used the Garmin cam but not sure the price on that

|

1/17/2018 2:18 PM

I have an "akaso ek7000" i got off amazon for around 60 last year. I did the same thing everyone was saying and watched YouTube videos first then just picked price point and took a chance. It works awesome. You can sync it with your phone, super simple to use, and I haven't any problems yet. Just my 2 cents.

|

1/17/2018 2:25 PM

hyler199 wrote:

I dont know how you guys do it but here in Toronto there is a site called Kijiji...i guess like craigslist but without the ...more

Craigslist in the US is basically Kijiji in Canada. Craigslist up here doesn't get much traction from my experience. Both sites are to sell used/new items.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/17/2018 3:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2018 3:08 PM

hyler199 wrote:

I dont know how you guys do it but here in Toronto there is a site called Kijiji...i guess like craigslist but without the ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Craigslist in the US is basically Kijiji in Canada. Craigslist up here doesn't get much traction from my experience. Both ...more

yeah i never use craigslist. Ive probably used kijiji over 100 times easy. I post almost anything worth over $50 for sale if/or when I dont need it.
Just in the past 2 weeks I bought a 1 year xbox live for $40($70 retail) the other day and he drove to my house. Bought a bnib 50,000 BTU kerosene forced air heater for $100 ($225ish retail) met 20 min away

haha i def use it alot more than the avg joe but Im a big fan of saving money where I can. Allows me to buy more shit (that im hopefully saving money on too hahah) not everything is available when you want it but if you search a few times a week you wont miss things posted. I bought someones OEM 21/18inch KTM wheelset because he was going supermoto. The tires still had the hairs for $500 CAD just because every few days ill search keywords that im interested in and see what news been posted.

|