The best ever MXdN team that never was...

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2018 10:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2018 10:26 AM

Ricky Carmichael, James Stuart, and Ryan Villopoto in 2006 and 2007. A shoulder injury at the last round at Glen Helen in 2006 robbed us of Carmichael, and a knee injury at Washougal robbed us of Stewart in 2007. Barring a mechanical failure, I believe that team would never lose against any team of riders from any country (USA included) in any era we have seen thus far. Photo

Photo
Photo

|

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

9/29/2018 10:17 AM

Cool story bro. Wait one more week for a mop show.

|

Not much to say to Vitards.

9/29/2018 10:35 AM

I was at the race Ricky crashed and fucked his shoulder up. I remember being bummed but, we still brought home the hardware with Tedesco.

|

9/29/2018 10:56 AM

pilotdude wrote:

Ricky Carmichael, James Stuart, and Ryan Villopoto in 2006 and 2007. A shoulder injury at the last round at Glen Helen in 2006 ...more

Agreed, could have been the strongest team of all time !

|

9/29/2018 11:43 AM

Agree, it would have been a one of the best. Would be hard to equal the best team ever that we actually had. Italy on an incredibly rough track where Bailey, Johnson, and O'Mara had a perfect score in 1986. I think Ricky, Bubba, and Ryan would have been the only team that could have equaled the 86 teams performance.

Seeing the O'Show pass the 500 World Champion Thorpe while on 125...... that was something to behold.

|

9/29/2018 12:01 PM

Has a team ever finished with 7 points? 1-2-1-2-1
2007 the USA had 8 points because RC finished 3rd in a moto.
Well this year it won't happen either. Even if Tomac wins both motos, Barcia and Plessinger probably won't finish 2nd in their motos

|

9/29/2018 2:07 PM

Bro no matter how u look at it neither rc or bubba was as fast as todays top dudes are. I can guarantee you that herlings or tomac on a Good day as they ride now would have smoked rc 8 Times out of 10 if he rode as he did in his prime. 100% fit cairoli, gajser and roczen would do the same, probably MM to. Im not saying rc wouldnt have been as good as he was back then if he started his career now, all im saying that even tho it might not look like it the sport, riding style, technique, tracks and training have evolved big time during the last ten years and no one has ever been as fast as the top dudes today. If you dont Believe me watch the video from when gajser went to the goatfarm to prepare himself for mec and rc himself after riding with gajser said that he and the other top dudes today is faster than he ever was or check old clips and compare to jh/et when they are on it or gajser 2016.

|

9/29/2018 5:06 PM

What about the 96 team of MC, Emig and Lammy? They were all miles ahead of the competition that year in their respective classes.

|

9/29/2018 6:48 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

Has a team ever finished with 7 points? 1-2-1-2-1
2007 the USA had 8 points because RC finished 3rd in a moto.
Well this year ...more

Yes, USA 1986, Italy. Bailey, Johnson, and O'Mara finished 1-2 in each of the three motos and first in each of the their classes for a perfect score.

|

9/30/2018 8:34 AM

Rs444 wrote:

Bro no matter how u look at it neither rc or bubba was as fast as todays top dudes are. I can guarantee you that herlings or ...more

I’ll have one of whatever you are drinking..
I recently rewatched all the great outdoors vids, RC Was unfuckwithable period!

|

9/30/2018 8:41 AM

Rs444 wrote:

Bro no matter how u look at it neither rc or bubba was as fast as todays top dudes are. I can guarantee you that herlings or ...more

Step away from the pipe....

|

9/30/2018 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2018 10:09 AM

Rs444 wrote:

I think RC may have been being humble. He and Stewart were pushing each other to a different level outdoors. I don't think it's possible to train harder than RC did so how has training evolved? James Stewart still has better technique than any of todays racers so obviously that hasn't evolved. Riders can only try to pick up where they left off, and RV and possibly Herlings now are the only ones I can see who can consistently push to a different level than the competitors like they could. Obviously all sports evolve but RC and JS were game changers and we haven't seen any more of those yet.

|

9/30/2018 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2018 10:55 AM

|