The Wick

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2017 9:19 PM

Maybe it's my homer side coming out, but I love the Wick. Love some sand tracks! Where does it rank with other sand tracks? On air they mentioned some amateur having amazing facilities where Cooper trained at this week Is there a better USA sand track that is National worthy?

|

7/9/2017 12:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2017 12:09 AM

I honestly can't think of a better sand track anywhere, it's also very different from any other National track, no massive jump's, roller's or whoops, just a great track with a nice flow that produces tight racing. Watching Tomac railing the outside wide open is insane, and the Wick has been added to Thy Bucket List.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

7/9/2017 2:33 AM

As Zach O said: "To compare this track to those in Belgium or the Netherlands makes me laugh".

Sorry but Southwick is no Lommel or Lierop

|

7/9/2017 3:35 AM

zehn wrote:

As Zach O said: "To compare this track to those in Belgium or the Netherlands makes me laugh".

Why does it have to be compared to them?

|

7/9/2017 4:06 AM

zehn wrote:

cbuehler767 wrote:

@ zehn
Photo

|

7/9/2017 4:13 AM

zehn wrote:

cbuehler767 wrote:

cbrouehler, one of the main rules here at Vital is that everything must be turned into a US versus Euro argument.

Yes, much ty

|

7/9/2017 4:15 AM

zehn wrote:

cbuehler767 wrote:

To quote OP: "Where does it rank with other sand tracks?"

Dude is just answering the question.

|

7/9/2017 4:45 AM

zehn wrote:

cbuehler767 wrote:

Because I wanted to know....how it compared.

|

7/9/2017 5:04 AM

Harry Backmon wrote:

cbrouehler, one of the main rules here at Vital is that everything must be turned into a US versus Euro argument.

Yes, much ty

I've been here since 2008, I lost my old login. I'm so over the GP vs AMA shit, I can't even anymore Harry BroBackmon. Yeah when I walked up to the track yesterday and saw its still not a proper sand track I almost threw up in my mouth and left.

|

7/9/2017 5:07 AM

zehn wrote:

cbuehler767 wrote:

JRT812 wrote:

Your question was fine buddy. It was something a curious fan might ask. Its the constant chest thumping by GP fans that's exhausting.

|

7/9/2017 5:17 AM

JRT812, its the classic sand track here in America. Ive never been to the ones Osborn is speaking of in Europe, but many of those rider have come to Massachusetts just to ride it and have gotten spanked by the locals. This is a track that has open practice at times. If youll take the trip out here, take in an open practice. Especially if you plan to race the following weekend.

|

7/9/2017 5:35 AM

cbuehler767 wrote:

I've been here since 2008, I lost my old login. I'm so over the GP vs AMA shit, I can't even anymore Harry BroBackmon. Yeah when I walked up to the track yesterday and saw its still not a proper sand track I almost threw up in my mouth and left.

Please don't let the pit gate hit you in the ass when you leave

|

7/9/2017 5:39 AM

There's a Sand track here in Nor.Cal that's pretty amazing!

|

7/9/2017 6:36 AM

Honestly I think Southwick is similar to Valkenswaard. Valkenswaard this year was also really high speed with tall, sharp breaking bumps and a hard base. I think with a lot more rain/water, Southwick would've been brutal sandy.

To put it in perspective: there are a lot of sand tracks in the Netherlands and in most months they are pretty deep, but in the summer the tracks become much more hard packed and don't get deep at all (if they aren't properly watered).

The sand track at Club MX looks pretty awesome from what I've seen in video's. But I don't think it's open for public is it?

|

7/9/2017 9:05 AM

SwingHard wrote:

Next to the glass factory?

|

7/9/2017 1:15 PM

SwingHard wrote:

GuyB wrote:

|

7/9/2017 1:23 PM

cbuehler767 wrote:

JRT812 wrote:

cbuehler767 wrote:

Your question was fine buddy. It was something a curious fan might ask. Its the constant chest thumping by GP fans that's exhausting.

Perhaps you missed the part where I'm American? I was just relaying what a pro rider who has raced at both has said.

|

7/9/2017 1:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2017 1:33 PM

Baja Acres in Michigan is legit. Raced both the Wick and Baja several times. The top section at Baja is really deep and crazy rough at the end of a raceday. High speed whooped out. MX338 has big berms where you can flow and kind of a hard base underneath. There's plenty of tracks with deeper sand than Southwick but not very many capable of holding a national

|

7/9/2017 1:49 PM

SwingHard wrote:

GuyB wrote:

SwingHard wrote:

Marysville under the bridge?

|