The West Coast High Point Raceway? Racing At Jett Reynolds' Bakersfield Track

gpracer4224
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2022 5:10pm
The start of the 2022 AMA National Grand Prix Championship got underway at The Reynolds' facility, American MX, in Delano, CA just outside of Bakersfield. Endless rolling green hills made up a near 10 minute laptime GP course that resemled what High Point Raceway looks like on TV, though maybe not quite as spectacular.

|
KTMBRO362
Fantasy
3237th
1/20/2022 5:58pm
Looks awesome… I’m going next year if they do it again.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
1/21/2022 7:16am
On March 13 there's an OTHG race at America MX (Reynolds' track).
centralcalmx
Fantasy
98th
1/21/2022 8:28am
Hitting this race for sure.
Good gauge on how I stock up with the South guys going to the Cal City National.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/21/2022 9:06am
Is there really? My goal is to get there for that race now!

The Shop

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
1/21/2022 9:20am
this gp track looks fun. rolling hills, natural turns, few jumps.

guess im old
NSP139
1/21/2022 9:37am
Didn't know Jett's family had a track the place looks awesome!
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
1/21/2022 9:55am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2022 9:57am
The start of the 2022 AMA National Grand Prix Championship got underway at The Reynolds' facility, American MX, in Delano, CA just outside of Bakersfield. Endless...
The start of the 2022 AMA National Grand Prix Championship got underway at The Reynolds' facility, American MX, in Delano, CA just outside of Bakersfield. Endless rolling green hills made up a near 10 minute laptime GP course that resemled what High Point Raceway looks like on TV, though maybe not quite as spectacular.

I think Jeff’s buddy (Troy Jones) actually owns the property. Jett and Troy’s son were friends, before his son had an accident and passed. It seemed like Troy wanted to give Jett a place to train and hopefully make a living racing dirt bikes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWmoBzeLTQ7/?utm_medium=copy_link

Jeff and Kyle Griffith do however have their own track in Bakersfield (KCRP) where they have a SX and outdoor track that are open to the public.

https://instagram.com/grp_kcrp?utm_medium=copy_link

They just had a race there a couple weeks ago.
MOTO120
1/21/2022 10:19am
That might be the coolest outdoor "track" I've ever seen... If that weren't 3-Days away worth of driving, I'd be there next year haha. This looks SO fun! Elevation, minimal jumps, what jumps there are seems to be extremely safe/forgiving, turn after turn after turn, looks to be prepped perfectly, and so on.
F1prerun
1/21/2022 6:31pm
The start of the 2022 AMA National Grand Prix Championship got underway at The Reynolds' facility, American MX, in Delano, CA just outside of Bakersfield. Endless...

langhammx wrote:
I think Jeff’s buddy (Troy Jones) actually owns the property. Jett and Troy’s son were friends, before his son had an accident and passed. It seemed...
I think Jeff’s buddy (Troy Jones) actually owns the property. Jett and Troy’s son were friends, before his son had an accident and passed. It seemed like Troy wanted to give Jett a place to train and hopefully make a living racing dirt bikes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWmoBzeLTQ7/?utm_medium=copy_link

Jeff and Kyle Griffith do however have their own track in Bakersfield (KCRP) where they have a SX and outdoor track that are open to the public.

https://instagram.com/grp_kcrp?utm_medium=copy_link

They just had a race there a couple weeks ago.
100 percent correct on all fronts
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
1/21/2022 6:37pm
MOTO120 wrote:
That might be the coolest outdoor "track" I've ever seen... If that weren't 3-Days away worth of driving, I'd be there next year haha. This looks...
That might be the coolest outdoor "track" I've ever seen... If that weren't 3-Days away worth of driving, I'd be there next year haha. This looks SO fun! Elevation, minimal jumps, what jumps there are seems to be extremely safe/forgiving, turn after turn after turn, looks to be prepped perfectly, and so on.
I’ve ridden both tracks at American MX and had a great day. Very safe, but plenty of good booters. Mostly tables on the bigger jumps… Great dirt too

I haven’t ridden the KCRP track since they took it over, but I’m told it’s in great shape. Bobby Bonds was running that place the last time I rode out there.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
1/21/2022 6:43pm
F1prerun wrote:
100 percent correct on all fronts
I met Jeff and Troy when I rode up there, I think they’d just opened up to the public and the GP track was just about finished. The main track was awesome ! Troy was also buddies with one of my friends who drove up with us, so he hung out and gave us the run down.

Jeff has brought Jett out to my property and ridden some of our single track heaven. We have a mutual friend that lives up in Bakersfield that also brought out Ryder D a couple weeks ago. Ryder’s dad is a very cool dude as well, really liked him.
quiknic
Fantasy
1093rd
1/21/2022 11:01pm
This was one of the most fun races and courses that I have ridden in years. My son and I raced our first NGPC here, and again it was an epic and fantastic time. Highly recommend both the NGPC series and this facility. We will definitely be back.

1/22/2022 2:34pm
I always wondered where that place was, didn’t know they had a public track also. What does his family do for a living? That’s a badass compound. Don’t see many private facilities like that California.

Post a reply to: The West Coast High Point Raceway? Racing At Jett Reynolds' Bakersfield Track

The Latest