The Wall

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2020 11:24 AM

I know a lot of people were not a fan of the wall jumps in sx. But they were there help keep the lap times up. Now with the tracks being 20+ 1 lap, and breaking down so much. Would a wall jump help the tracks not go away so bad? Or will some riders try and jump the wall?

|

Kevin Windham, The man, the myth, the legend! Gonna miss seeing this man on the line.

-----Do or Do not, There is no try-----

1/14/2020 11:29 AM

Short answer: NO

Long answer: NO

|

1/14/2020 11:30 AM

I'm a fan of wall jumps that create talent separators. For example: Stews wall jump at Daytona or the wall jump at Tampa in 18 had multiple "send it" options

|

1/14/2020 11:33 AM

I call them vertical chicanes.

|

1/14/2020 11:41 AM

The only way it would help reduce track wear is if it actually increased the lap time enough for it to reduce overall/net laps completed in a 15min+1 or 20min+1. More laps on a track = more track erosion.

That said, I've been impressed with the track layouts thus far this year. They seem to have been challenging with big whoops and technical obstacles.

|

1/14/2020 11:49 AM

The best use of a wall I've seen was several years back when they put the sand section on the backside of the wall. It made riders think twice about trailing somebody too closely going over the wall, lest they get a face/chest full of sand

|

1/14/2020 1:31 PM

zehn wrote:

The best use of a wall I've seen was several years back when they put the sand section on the backside of the wall. It made riders think twice about trailing somebody too closely going over the wall, lest they get a face/chest full of sand

Those sort-of-wall jumps at MEC in the sandy joker lane was pretty awesome. Looked like it really took some intense focus and balance to get through, wouldn't mind seeing something like that on a SX track. Anyone with Stewable ambitions could either stretch it out or possibly turn 2 far apart singles into an insane double.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

1/14/2020 2:46 PM

zehn wrote:

The best use of a wall I've seen was several years back when they put the sand section on the backside of the wall. It made riders think twice about trailing somebody too closely going over the wall, lest they get a face/chest full of sand

ProKawi24 wrote:

Those sort-of-wall jumps at MEC in the sandy joker lane was pretty awesome. Looked like it really took some intense focus and balance to get through, wouldn't mind seeing something like that on a SX track. Anyone with Stewable ambitions could either stretch it out or possibly turn 2 far apart singles into an insane double.

Wall jumps work well in joker lane scenarios, it's a challenging obstacle with 1-2 riders in the lane at a time usually. In a race with 10 riders within 50 feet all hitting a vertical wall that makes you come to a dead stop essentially, not that fun to be honest. Instead, how about more chicanes and S corners with an inside/outside option to slow them down instead of a straight shoot down a rhythm section.

|

1/14/2020 2:49 PM

Bring the walls back and 180 sand turns

|

1/14/2020 3:11 PM

Anyone ever see/try putting them on the start stretch at the beginning of the race? Maybe even 2. Just a stupid thought but was wondering if it’s ever been done? Slow em down a little bit.

|

why does Kermit's fingers always smell like pork?

1/14/2020 3:33 PM

I hate the wall.

|

1/14/2020 4:47 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Anyone ever see/try putting them on the start stretch at the beginning of the race? Maybe even 2. Just a stupid thought but was wondering if it’s ever been done? Slow em down a little bit.

Imagine how far stew would have sent it

|

1/14/2020 5:50 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Anyone ever see/try putting them on the start stretch at the beginning of the race? Maybe even 2. Just a stupid thought but was wondering if it’s ever been done? Slow em down a little bit.

Rushton597 wrote:

Imagine how far stew would have sent it

Some say he's in the air from the Daytona wall

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

1/14/2020 6:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 6:50 PM

Who doesn't like a wall jump once in a while?







|

1/14/2020 7:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 7:40 PM

Gordon Liddy wrote:

I hate the wall.

You’re nuts!! It’s a great album!

|

Do It In The Dirt!

1/14/2020 7:43 PM

How about a couple Back to back walls, I think that would be pretty cool actually.

|

1/14/2020 7:53 PM


|

1/14/2020 7:57 PM

Maverick313 wrote:

Who doesn't like a wall jump once in a while?







Look at the crowd's reaction to stew! Home girl in the yellow jacket is ruling it.

|

1/14/2020 8:09 PM

Gordon Liddy wrote:

I hate the wall.

Zeke27G wrote:

You’re nuts!! It’s a great album!


Just watched the movie yesterday! Masterpiece album and movie.
|

1/14/2020 10:29 PM

I’d rather see them replicate tracks that have provided great racing since the four stroke era came to town.

|

1/15/2020 4:13 AM

I liked the wall with the sand pit right after. Totally ruins the next riders vision when he’s blasted by the roost. Ok. Not really.

|

1/15/2020 4:41 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

How about a couple Back to back walls, I think that would be pretty cool actually.

Or a set of walls in place of a whoop section.

|

1/15/2020 5:53 AM

I like the vertical chicanes

It presents a different challenge, adds a couple ticks on the lap times and almost every time they're utilized, some kind of drama or excitement to the racing

|

1/15/2020 6:01 AM

Markee wrote:

Look at the crowd's reaction to stew! Home girl in the yellow jacket is ruling it.

How to drop jaws:

Step 1: Be Stew.

|

1/15/2020 6:08 AM

Markee wrote:

Look at the crowd's reaction to stew! Home girl in the yellow jacket is ruling it.

That's because she has Stew's old Nike riding boots on right !!!

|