The Stewart camp....

Cigaro
8/17/2010 12:17pm
Spy vs Spy wrote:
Shit doesn't happen when PR gets 'fucked up" -- shitheads run their mouths when riders don't give interviews. BIG difference.
Is this suppose to make sense or something?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
8/17/2010 12:21pm
He and Larry have already said he was too tired to continue and didn't feel safe.
How many times do they have to say it?
We knew the same day as the race.
Maybe he was busy, over heating or puking at the exact moment Erin went to his motor home.

I think most of his fans just want to see him race whenever he can or wants too.
Nothing else.
It's the same people that always have a problem with whatever he does. And most of the time it's not his fans.
Keith Stone
8/17/2010 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 12:32pm
sdrider16 wrote:
It was said that he doesn't owe us an explanation. I think he does. He is paid by his sponsers to race. They pay him because...
It was said that he doesn't owe us an explanation.
I think he does. He is paid by his sponsers to race. They pay him because they want us as fans to buy the products that they sell. So if he doesn't race or doesn't tell us what is going on then he loses fans. And we tend to not want to use the products that he promotes.

that is just one point of view.
Are you a sponser? I don't think I use one product he promotes anyway. Do you even know what you're talkng about?
Keith Stone
8/17/2010 12:34pm
It was pretty obvious after the podium interview. Him saying the was tired was not enough for you I guess. If I were Stewart, I'd have...
It was pretty obvious after the podium interview. Him saying the was tired was not enough for you I guess. If I were Stewart, I'd have stayed out there, out of control only to reinjure myself so you could fully understand what happened.
Cigaro wrote:
Ya sure everyone heard the interview of him say he was tired after moto 1. Then he lined up for moto2 and got a bad start...
Ya sure everyone heard the interview of him say he was tired after moto 1. Then he lined up for moto2 and got a bad start. They didn't give him much TV time considering he was running around 15th. I thought he might of pulled off because his wrist,and was hoping that wasn't the case. No one really knew what happened until Larrys podcast with Matthes appeared.

So don't be a fool an act like everyone should of known what happened moto 2 based on his moto 1 post interview.
It's called putting 2 and 2 together, 2nd grade stuff.

The Shop

Hank_Thrill
8/17/2010 12:36pm
It was pretty obvious after the podium interview. Him saying the was tired was not enough for you I guess. If I were Stewart, I'd have...
It was pretty obvious after the podium interview. Him saying the was tired was not enough for you I guess. If I were Stewart, I'd have stayed out there, out of control only to reinjure myself so you could fully understand what happened.
Cigaro wrote:
Ya sure everyone heard the interview of him say he was tired after moto 1. Then he lined up for moto2 and got a bad start...
Ya sure everyone heard the interview of him say he was tired after moto 1. Then he lined up for moto2 and got a bad start. They didn't give him much TV time considering he was running around 15th. I thought he might of pulled off because his wrist,and was hoping that wasn't the case. No one really knew what happened until Larrys podcast with Matthes appeared.

So don't be a fool an act like everyone should of known what happened moto 2 based on his moto 1 post interview.

In that case, then Roger Decoster is a math genius. Not only did he pick Ryan Dungey from the B class, and turn him into a AMA Champion, he also knew Stewart didn't have the fitness to go two motos before he actually lined up on the gate.
8/17/2010 12:37pm
It's like some people are wishing for a conspiracy! Riders (especially guys returning from injury)get tired. A tired rider is a danger to themselves and the other riders on the track. It's not that hard to understand! Try and keep up!
Keith Stone
8/17/2010 12:40pm
It's like some people are wishing for a conspiracy! Riders (especially guys returning from injury)get tired. A tired rider is a danger to themselves and the...
It's like some people are wishing for a conspiracy! Riders (especially guys returning from injury)get tired. A tired rider is a danger to themselves and the other riders on the track. It's not that hard to understand! Try and keep up!
This guy understands. How many times has anoyone here ever pulled of a track because they were tired?, I'll bet none.
kongols
8/17/2010 12:42pm
It's like some people are wishing for a conspiracy! Riders (especially guys returning from injury)get tired. A tired rider is a danger to themselves and the...
This guy understands. How many times has anoyone here ever pulled of a track because they were tired?, I'll bet none.
Stewart doesn`t have privileges to pull of the track. He`s Stewart.
Hank_Thrill
8/17/2010 12:43pm
Coincidentally, conspiracy theories usually generate from people who have unanswered questions regarding governments, corporations, homicides, etc.

Good point though. Roger picking Short could have been the best thing for Stewart. With him not being in 100% physical condition, and unable to finish two motos, he quite possibly could have ridden beyond his physical limits at the Motocross Des Nations next month and taken himself out of the 2011 Supercross Championship (not to mention, take someone else out too).

Sunhouse
8/17/2010 12:47pm
hasko158 wrote:
I saw Sorby cleaning his boots after that moto and asked him what was up, and he said he stayed clear of James when he came...
I saw Sorby cleaning his boots after that moto and asked him what was up, and he said he stayed clear of James when he came off. So I would assume James was not happy about it whatever it was. But James was locked tight in his motor home like he was pretty much all day.
DownSouth wrote:
Locked in his motor home all day? But he was there for the fans. Possibly the strangest thing I have seen is that cubicle they built...
Locked in his motor home all day? But he was there for the fans.

Possibly the strangest thing I have seen is that cubicle they built in the pits at the Paris Bercy SX last year to hide from the the rest of the riders. For a guy who wants to be high profile why does he isolate himself so much?
take one look at this place and all the bro-science going on here on what he does, suffers from or should have done and you´ll figure out the answer. i hope James doesn´t read this site, this place hates everything he does, then licks his balls when he is the champ.
kongols
8/17/2010 12:50pm
Coincidentally, conspiracy theories usually generate from people who have unanswered questions regarding governments, corporations, homicides, etc. Good point though. Roger picking Short could have been the...
Coincidentally, conspiracy theories usually generate from people who have unanswered questions regarding governments, corporations, homicides, etc.

Good point though. Roger picking Short could have been the best thing for Stewart. With him not being in 100% physical condition, and unable to finish two motos, he quite possibly could have ridden beyond his physical limits at the Motocross Des Nations next month and taken himself out of the 2011 Supercross Championship (not to mention, take someone else out too).

You`re quite a shit stirrer
Keith Stone
8/17/2010 1:02pm
Sunhouse wrote:
take one look at this place and all the bro-science going on here on what he does, suffers from or should have done and you´ll figure...
take one look at this place and all the bro-science going on here on what he does, suffers from or should have done and you´ll figure out the answer. i hope James doesn´t read this site, this place hates everything he does, then licks his balls when he is the champ.
"Bro Science", LOL
Cigaro
8/17/2010 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 1:06pm
We get it dude,getting tired was the excuse he pulled off. The real point of the argument is how does the general pubic suppose to know that he got tired. For all we know he could of crashed somewhere off camera and hurt his wrist. Not too many people knew.

As far as putting 2 and 2 together,I can't remember James ever quitting one race because he was tired so that thought never crossed my mind. Judging James past I woulda put 2 and 2 together and said he crashed off camera some section and hurt his wrist and pulled off.

Word around here was he was gonna come off the couch like the last time when he went 24-0 and clean house. So we were guessing he might of crashed. Is that so hard to explain,or do you feel your captain of the team because your guess of him pulling off because he was tired was right?

8/17/2010 1:04pm
Coincidentally, conspiracy theories usually generate from people who have unanswered questions regarding governments, corporations, homicides, etc. Good point though. Roger picking Short could have been the...

Jlaw catches all kinds of crap for pulling off but really it is the best thing to do if you can't hang!
8/17/2010 1:09pm
africanMX wrote:
Ran out of recording space on the Fuel cameras so called it a day.

Pitboard read "Cameras dead - don't catch Dungey, just park it"
Dude I like Bubbles, but that's funny as hellSmile
Keith Stone
8/17/2010 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 1:19pm
Cigaro wrote:
We get it dude,getting tired was the excuse he pulled off. The real point of the argument is how does the general pubic suppose to know...
We get it dude,getting tired was the excuse he pulled off. The real point of the argument is how does the general pubic suppose to know that he got tired. For all we know he could of crashed somewhere off camera and hurt his wrist. Not too many people knew.

As far as putting 2 and 2 together,I can't remember James ever quitting one race because he was tired so that thought never crossed my mind. Judging James past I woulda put 2 and 2 together and said he crashed off camera some section and hurt his wrist and pulled off.

Word around here was he was gonna come off the couch like the last time when he went 24-0 and clean house. So we were guessing he might of crashed. Is that so hard to explain,or do you feel your captain of the team because your guess of him pulling off because he was tired was right?

I can see you're struggling, The thought of 2 and 2 baffles you, don't it?.
Hank_Thrill
8/17/2010 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 1:25pm
Dear Keith Stone,

How do you feel about Stewart's fitness? Do you think eleven days will be enough time to increase his physical fitness so he can finish two motos?

And do you think James might have returned a little bit too early? Do you think it was even a good idea to try and come back and race, considering how off the mark things went Saturday with his fitness?

How do you feel about Roger DeCoster selecting Andrew short for the Motocross des Nations?

We haven't heard much of your opinion on these issues, so I was just curious.
DrSweden
8/17/2010 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 2:57pm
Spy vs Spy wrote:
There is not much to read into, you said that it was James' fault that all this speculation is going on. It's not his fault, it's...
There is not much to read into, you said that it was James' fault that all this speculation is going on. It's not his fault, it's the fault of message board couch racers who run their mouths. Nothing wrong with bench racing and trading opinions, but attacking riders goes a bit beyond that. Don't you agree?
You have great points, but you are a bit biased in this discussion and don't use that same amount sober analyze the other way.

My personal experience is that it's newer one persons fault when there's friction between two groups or people or whatever. I totally agree that us here on the board with our BS have issues, but my view is that James, and his PR team/guy is doing a poorly job because there's constantly so much fuzz around his persona more than his riding that goes further than the obvious absence because of injuries. Sure some say it's because people have openly issues with the color of his skin or are just polished racist but I don't buy that at all.

My frustration towards him, his PR agent or whatever is that I think money, fame made him lost track of what made him famous and loved. He's in my view the most talented rider ever, but instead of draining that to the end and then retire and do whatever he chooses to he instead skip things like the Nelson Mandelas invitation to do the African GP, he also skips serveral MxDn offers and since 08 he gave MX the finger as well. What's the focus here?

Sure this is maybe more of my issue than of his, and afte all cash is king, but for me it comes out that this is all business, and his words don't show he's racing for the sake of being the best, or that he loves to ride. I have no proof of that, but compare his efforts to do the mxDn with RC attitude who made no one doubt this dude is for real when it comes to racing.

Sure I might be wrong here, but there's no way you will turn people around by saying they are all wrong or stupid while James is a spotless saint, because that's not the truth. I know you know James has issues, but why you choose to ignore that makes me wonder.

I'm pretty sure James can totally turn this around whenever he chooses to. I'm also pretty sure it's almost impossible to turn thousands of fans around to just accept James present tactics/efforts and make him take equal amount of positive emotions that RC previously took.

So my humble suggestion if James cares and want 99% to love him (KKK is not possible)? make the case you love what we love. Motocross! Right now he kind of signals that he was tricked to ride? Ok... Still I'm ok with this though, but it feels like he has been pretending to be passionate about riding when his absence disprove that and I have always been a fan of the truth despite it can hurt sometimes. If he just said I don't care about riding for fun, or to win. I'm here for the money I would have to totally respect him for that despite it would feel wrong.

Totally just saying of course.
burnside
8/17/2010 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 3:10pm
The strange part for me was when Erin was stood outside the L&M rig and it was literally like a ghost town. His bike wasn't even on the stand, just slumped against the awning. What were the team orders? "Hide inside boys, lock the doors!! Fuck the bike, quick, get in, leave it there, she's coming! HIIIIIDDEEE"

Tongue
BobbyM
8/17/2010 3:30pm
GrapeApe wrote:
He was overly fatigued and not comfortable with his setup and decided to call it a day instead of pushing it and possibly getting injured again...
He was overly fatigued and not comfortable with his setup and decided to call it a day instead of pushing it and possibly getting injured again. What else do you want them to say?
and like a true competitor he was pissed off as hell he couldn't win or at least contend.
bents
Fantasy
710th
8/17/2010 3:45pm
Bobby, I thought he said he was just there to have fun and be there for his fans and his sponsors? I get what you are saying, and there is no doubt that is what he was feeling like, but it is just another complete contradiction. I don't think anyone can show up just for fun at this level, well, cause it really isn't that fun-its hard fucking work!
race
8/17/2010 4:08pm
I think J-Wag just shut a bunch of you guys up -

"
Okay so Stewart was out. Erin Bates headed to the pits to get a Stewart interview, but we know from experience that when things go bad for James, he doesn’t like to talk. One of the NBC producers got in my headset and said, "tell the viewers we will have a Stewart interview soon." Hey, that sounded good, but what were the odds? Sure, the NBC guys might talk to the losing coach after a tough NFL game, and they might interview a NASCAR driver after he gets wrecked in a race, but this is James Stewart we’re talking about here, and he doesn’t talk when things go bad.

What would have been the harm in him saying, "I tried my hardest but I’ve only been on a bike for a few weeks, I’m tired. These guys are good and I’m not ready yet. Just want to thank the fans and my sponsors."

It really wouldn’t have been that hard for him to say. Really not hard at all. Because you know what? He said that exact same thing after he finished third in the first moto! Just come out, hit the play button on that speech, and bam, your respect level will go up 1000 percent. This is an easy plug for your sponsors on live network TV. But he missed the chance to play it right, which I think we’ve been seeing happen since 2005.
"

From the Racer X Redux: Unadilla - http://www.racerxonline.com/article/racer-x-redux-unadilla-2010.aspx

race
8/17/2010 5:16pm

What? No existential response from the French contingent?

8/17/2010 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 5:42pm
race wrote:

What? No existential response from the French contingent?

Dr. Sweden,

You said:

You have great points, but you are a bit biased in this discussion and don't use that same amount sober analyze the other way.

That's because like everyone else, I am biased. However, I would hope that I am not biased to the point that I am blind like some are on this board. Not you of course, after reading your response, I can see that you have reasons for why you claim what you claim. I think that is great because I am not asking everyone to agree with me, just give a thoughtful response as you have done.

My personal experience is that it's newer one persons fault when there's friction between two groups or people or whatever. I totally agree that us here on the board with our BS have issues, but my view is that James, and his PR team/guy is doing a poorly job because there's constantly so much fuzz around his persona more than his riding that goes further than the obvious absence because of injuries. Sure some say it's because people have openly issues with the color of his skin or are just polished racist but I don't buy that at all.

My frustration towards him, his PR agent or whatever is that I think money, fame made him lost track of what made him famous and loved. He's in my view the most talented rider ever, but instead of draining that to the end and then retire and do whatever he chooses to he instead skip things like the Nelson Mandelas invitation to do the African GP, he also skips serveral MxDn offers and since 08 he gave MX the finger as well. What's the focus here?

OK, but what's wrong with Stewart wanting to race SX only? I mean, really, other than that it offends the sensibilities of some core fans, what's wrong with it?

Sure this is maybe more of my issue than of his, and afte all cash is king, but for me it comes out that this is all business, and his words don't show he's racing for the sake of being the best, or that he loves to ride. I have no proof of that, but compare his efforts to do the mxDn with RC attitude who made no one doubt this dude is for real when it comes to racing.

I think when we judge a person's intentions, we are walking on thin ice. As far as I can see, Stewart wanted to be on the MXoN and give his fans something they have not seen in a while. Further, I think Stewart will be at the remaining rounds to prove his point.

Sure I might be wrong here, but there's no way you will turn people around by saying they are all wrong or stupid while James is a spotless saint, because that's not the truth. I know you know James has issues, but why you choose to ignore that makes me wonder.

I'm pretty sure James can totally turn this around whenever he chooses to. I'm also pretty sure it's almost impossible to turn thousands of fans around to just accept James present tactics/efforts and make him take equal amount of positive emotions that RC previously took.

You think James has some kind of issues, but really, I am not saying that I am right and others are stupid. Some are stupid , of course, but my issue is with statements like yours above. Do you know James? Probably not, and if not, why do you assert so confidently that he has issues? Because he has been off with an injury, waited until he was healed up to come back, and pulled out of ONE moto? It's all the so-called moto fans that attack James at every chance that seem to have issues, it's not James. And James is not KW or RC so it's a bit unfair to compare them.

So my humble suggestion if James cares and want 99% to love him (KKK is not possible)? make the case you love what we love. Motocross! Right now he kind of signals that he was tricked to ride? Ok... Still I'm ok with this though, but it feels like he has been pretending to be passionate about riding when his absence disprove that and I have always been a fan of the truth despite it can hurt sometimes. If he just said I don't care about riding for fun, or to win. I'm here for the money I would have to totally respect him for that despite it would feel wrong.

I don't think a guys trains like he does, achieves what he has achieved, and races races that he needs not race unless he really loves what he does.
Hank_Thrill
8/17/2010 5:37pm
Go read his open draft letter. It's the full story, before his manager revised it !
8/17/2010 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2010 5:48pm
Go read his open draft letter. It's the full story, before his manager revised it !
So much for your previous statements that it's James' fault that his detractors interpret things as they wish -- even after this press release, guess what? People see what they want and interpret how they will.
DrSweden
8/17/2010 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 3:47am
Spy vs Spy wrote:
Dr. Sweden, You said: You have great points, but you are a bit biased in this discussion and don't use that same amount sober analyze the...
Dr. Sweden,

You said:

That's because like everyone else, I am biased. However, I would hope that I am not biased to the point that I am blind like some are on this board. Not you of course, after reading your response, I can see that you have reasons for why you claim what you claim. I think that is great because I am not asking everyone to agree with me, just give a thoughtful response as you have done.

OK, but what's wrong with Stewart wanting to race SX only? I mean, really, other than that it offends the sensibilities of some core fans, what's wrong with it?

I think when we judge a person's intentions, we are walking on thin ice. As far as I can see, Stewart wanted to be on the MXoN and give his fans something they have not seen in a while. Further, I think Stewart will be at the remaining rounds to prove his point.

You think James has some kind of issues, but really, I am not saying that I am right and others are stupid. Some are stupid , of course, but my issue is with statements like yours above. Do you know James? Probably not, and if not, why do you assert so confidently that he has issues? Because he has been off with an injury, waited until he was healed up to come back, and pulled out of ONE moto? It's all the so-called moto fans that attack James at every chance that seem to have issues, it's not James. And James is not KW or RC so it's a bit unfair to compare them.

I don't think a guys trains like he does, achieves what he has achieved, and races races that he needs not race unless he really loves what he does.
Of course he has to love to ride to have come this far, no question about that and I don't think it's wrong for him at all to do SX only, or TV. I don't like it but I cant blame him. I would probably aslo work less for same cash? Only problem for me is his PR (or himself) pretends he's committed totally the sport (not just riding), that's how I read his PR anyway which the fans have discovered is NOT the case.

When I suggest he has issues (we all have issues), I claim they are painfully visualized in the mentioned PRs, during interviews etc where the inability to tune in to the fans expectations or emotions are for me obvious. If he's not to blame for the contradictions, hurt and often rather selfish feelings in those, his inability to read, edit or question them would then suggest another type of issue for me. To blame the world for this is contra-productive, and it's probably one of the errors that started this unpopularity spin. Maybe his surrounds are still trying to make the world to blame? Some fans obviously do! Smile I suggest to evolve one needs to listen to the critiques?

As some have already pointed out, its a contradiction to say how much you love motocross, the fans of motocross and how you want to be part of a motocross team (finally) while you at the same time choose not to ride motocross? That is the essence I think.

I'm not saying this is the answer to his problems (I think he has problems with the fans of motocross), and I don't want to be vulgar, but he needs to be totally honest (or at least a bit more honest) if his ambition is to win some more people over. Again, it's not wrong to be greedy, selfish or whatever, we all are, but to pretend you are not when everybody sees it, is naive.

Just saying of course and I too have issues for sure, and maybe my inability to totally accept him as he is, is my issue?

He can of course keep doing what he does, earn some more millions and be happy about that. Smile

Post a reply to: The Stewart camp....

The Latest