The Step-Up Jump needs a Taller Landing...

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2010 5:41 PM

I can't believe, year after year, X-games hasn't figured this out. These guys are simply dropping too far out of the sky. The landing at least needs to be nearly as high as their first jump attempt (28 feet) so the impact wont be so brutal upon landing. It's simple physics, if the landings were taller, they wouldn't "drop" as far out of the sky; therefore, their impact landings wouldn't be so hard.

I'm so glad Ricky Carmichael isn't riding step-up this year. As much as I enjoyed him stomping ass, I hated watching him come down from those landings and wreck himself.

Anyways, there's already been a lot of landing wrecks in the first attempt. Lets just set back and watch more guys dislocate their shoulders etc.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

7/30/2010 5:46 PM

Seems like the need to shorten the top deck and make the landing steeper.

|

7/30/2010 5:53 PM

Doesn't surprise me, seems like everything with this event has become half assed and not very well thought out.

|

7/30/2010 5:56 PM

Okay, these last two guys are seeming to be okay, and making this post pointless...

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

7/30/2010 6:24 PM

A taller landing would be good. This year needed a steeper face it looked like tho

|

7/30/2010 6:31 PM

maybe they can land into a foam pit also. make it real safe

|

7/30/2010 6:55 PM

zookrider62! wrote:

maybe they can land into a foam pit also. make it real safe

HAHA good one !

|

7/30/2010 7:51 PM

I think they should lower the roof.

|

7/31/2010 4:32 AM

The landing was taller this year.

There's a fine line with how tall the landing is....if you make it easier, won't more people be able to do it. Right now the competition fills a one hour (or more) TV slot perfectly. Add more jumps in and it takes longer...ESPN no likey.

Besides, part of the prestige of the event is that it is tough and defines physics. Change isn't always better...

JR

|

7/31/2010 6:42 AM

The event is called "Step up" for a reason, so they should build a "Step up" landing.

|

How do you make a cat go . ."WHOOOF" ? . . .Dowse it in gasoline and throw it in the fireplace.

7/31/2010 6:46 AM

Cory976 wrote:

The event is called "Step up" for a reason, so they should build a "Step up" landing.

Exactly!

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

7/31/2010 8:51 AM

The landing is actually a step up most of the time. Just not more than a foot or so.

|