The Ridge mx - Shelton

They showing practice on their schedule page for mx on aug 8th n 15th. Has anyone been there lately? They used to have a Facebook page just for the mx track and they would post confirmations they were running practice.

How faithful have they been upholding to the schedule? I haven't been there not once this year after going multiple times last year. It seems like their all focused on the damn moto America crap.
|
7/29/2020 4:50pm
They haven’t run any moto events this year. The track is still there but super over grown. From a recent report they said that they may run some events this fall but it’s been a shit show sense Chris left so who knows.
Wade221
7/29/2020 7:59pm
Nothing for 2020. Building a whole new track and will be ready for 2021 😢
omalley
7/29/2020 8:14pm
They haven’t run any moto events this year. The track is still there but super over grown. From a recent report they said that they may...
They haven’t run any moto events this year. The track is still there but super over grown. From a recent report they said that they may run some events this fall but it’s been a shit show sense Chris left so who knows.
Never learned the back story on that, probably never will, but I am certain that losing him was a bad move for them.
Ryan625
7/29/2020 8:27pm
They haven’t run any moto events this year. The track is still there but super over grown. From a recent report they said that they may...
omalley wrote:
Never learned the back story on that, probably never will, but I am certain that losing him was a bad move for them.
From the little I have heard they ended on bad terms. No idea what terms those are but I know multiple people that say they will never ride there again.

I’m hoping to see them back in full swing, I loved that place and we need more tracks around here.

The Shop

omalley
7/29/2020 10:24pm
omalley wrote:
Ryan625 wrote:
From the little I have heard they ended on bad terms. No idea what terms those are but I know multiple people that say they will...
From the little I have heard they ended on bad terms. No idea what terms those are but I know multiple people that say they will never ride there again.

I’m hoping to see them back in full swing, I loved that place and we need more tracks around here.
Heard similar. And I agree, I really enjoyed that place. Even though I hadn’t been able to man up and send a couple of the jumps, lol...
7/30/2020 8:33am
omalley wrote:
The back story on that is just a slice of the larger issues going on there. The track was originally built by two owners, one with land, one with the money. After getting the bare bones road course done, the money man wanted to keep with the improvements IE bathrooms, classroom area, a bridge etc. He was the real racing fan so he understood the value of additions, where as it sounded like the land owner didn't. They couldn't agree, so the whole thing went into receivership at the tail end of the first full year of the road course. Sense then it's been a bit of a cluster. I don't know intimate details of how the MX track ended but you can see a pattern there unfortunately.
omalley
7/30/2020 9:54am
omalley wrote:
The back story on that is just a slice of the larger issues going on there. The track was originally built by two owners, one with...
The back story on that is just a slice of the larger issues going on there. The track was originally built by two owners, one with land, one with the money. After getting the bare bones road course done, the money man wanted to keep with the improvements IE bathrooms, classroom area, a bridge etc. He was the real racing fan so he understood the value of additions, where as it sounded like the land owner didn't. They couldn't agree, so the whole thing went into receivership at the tail end of the first full year of the road course. Sense then it's been a bit of a cluster. I don't know intimate details of how the MX track ended but you can see a pattern there unfortunately.
Thanks-I quit riding in the beginning of ‘13 and started again in ‘18, so some of these tracks were new and/or under new management when I started back up.

A buddy of mine knows Chris well and spoke very highly. This plus my experience at the track told me he was doing a good job.

Hopefully they get things squared away. I love the moto track and hope to get some track time on the road course now that I have a street bike as well.
7/30/2020 10:00am
I really hope it gets going again for me and my friends. Having the track at the ridge was a breathe of fresh air we really needed that around here.
7/30/2020 10:06am
I really hope it gets going again for me and my friends. Having the track at the ridge was a breathe of fresh air we really...
I really hope it gets going again for me and my friends. Having the track at the ridge was a breathe of fresh air we really needed that around here.
Agree 100%. Hopefully they get it rolling but I don't have much faith at this point
mxaaron
8/1/2020 7:23am
I emailed them the other day and actually got a reply. Too bad for this summer but sounds positive for next year.
Ryan625
8/2/2020 5:44pm
mxaaron wrote:
I emailed them the other day and actually got a reply. Too bad for this summer but sounds positive for next year.
I hope they are back. It was my favorite track in the PNW. And is one of the few that has decent sized jumps that actually flowed

Post a reply to: The Ridge mx - Shelton

The Latest