Edited Date/Time 12/29/2020 6:33am
Good to see DBM keeping it real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpHIK2MJlDo
|
AH387
12/28/2020 6:40am
They did a good job.
12/28/2020 6:45am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2020 7:44am
It really shows you how good stock bikes are today when the fastest bike in the class finishes last place behind behind the oldest, slowest, and heaviest just because their stock mapping and suspension settings are apparently so far off.
hypermoto
12/28/2020 7:35am
Best shootouts IMO.

That was very well done.

Gonna be a tough pill to swallow for some 🤣
hypermoto
12/28/2020 8:02am
Honda boys biggest competition.

Maybe next year they’ll beat em

The Shop

downard254
12/28/2020 8:29am
hypermoto wrote:
Honda boys biggest competition. Maybe next year they’ll beat em [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/28/468501/s1200_EF37B2F2_55AB_45F3_BA62_95C65475BAF7.jpg[/img]
Honda boys biggest competition.

Maybe next year they’ll beat em
It's a reiteration of the tortoise and the hare, right?
hypermoto
12/28/2020 8:30am
downard254 wrote:
It's a reiteration of the tortoise and the hare, right?
Like fine wine baby
12/28/2020 9:21am
I wonder if results would have been different if they threw the factory edition and works edition bikes in? It sounds like comfort and predictability are what test riders are looking for these days.
hypermoto
12/28/2020 9:27am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2020 9:28am
I wonder if results would have been different if they threw the factory edition and works edition bikes in? It sounds like comfort and predictability are...
I wonder if results would have been different if they threw the factory edition and works edition bikes in? It sounds like comfort and predictability are what test riders are looking for these days.
Maybe the $15k WE honda would have had a better shot against RMArmy
12/28/2020 9:40am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2020 9:53am
It really shows you how good stock bikes are today when the fastest bike in the class finishes last place behind behind the oldest, slowest, and...
It really shows you how good stock bikes are today when the fastest bike in the class finishes last place behind behind the oldest, slowest, and heaviest just because their stock mapping and suspension settings are apparently so far off.
Probably can drop off suspension settings as a part of the distinction, as it is pretty well acknowledged that the stock suspension settings are pretty far off on the RMZ, as well. In this shootout they concluded Suzuki could "get back into the game by... rethinking the stock suspension set-up".
Yeti831
12/28/2020 10:17am
It honestly doesn’t sound surprising to me.
Everyone here that has the RMZ raves about how great of a bike it is, and for the prices they typically can be bought for leave more room to set it up better for each individual that owns one.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/28/2020 10:49am
Hmmmm... I guess that old, tired and slow RMZ ain’t all that bad Wink

In all seriousness though, I started buying in the crap for a while until I rode one. Everyone I’ve let ride my 17 RMZ loves it and everyone that’s ridden my dads 20 RMZ has loved it.

I’d love to ride a new Kawi and Yamaha. Last Yamaha I rode was a 2017 and the last Kawi was a 2012.

No matter what any shootout says, pick the color you want, do those few things to set it up for yourself and go enjoy. Can’t really go wrong with any of these bikes now.
Sluggo77
12/28/2020 11:12am
It really shows you how good stock bikes are today when the fastest bike in the class finishes last place behind behind the oldest, slowest, and...
Probably can drop off suspension settings as a part of the distinction, as it is pretty well acknowledged that the stock suspension settings are pretty far...
Probably can drop off suspension settings as a part of the distinction, as it is pretty well acknowledged that the stock suspension settings are pretty far off on the RMZ, as well. In this shootout they concluded Suzuki could "get back into the game by... rethinking the stock suspension set-up".
Sounds like a double standard. Giving credit to Suzuki if the suspension set up was changed it would be great, but not the Honda?
hypermoto
12/28/2020 11:20am
Probably can drop off suspension settings as a part of the distinction, as it is pretty well acknowledged that the stock suspension settings are pretty far...
Sluggo77 wrote:
Sounds like a double standard. Giving credit to Suzuki if the suspension set up was changed it would be great, but not the Honda?
Yes because magazines have been known to give Suzuki so much credit the past 6 years.

Smh

Honda dudes are lost now
Huckster
12/28/2020 11:26am
What are the final results? I watched the video but can’t seem to find the link.
Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
12/28/2020 11:27am
Big oof for Honda. The KX and YZ seem to be home runs for a lot people
numbers
12/28/2020 11:27am
I wonder if results would have been different if they threw the factory edition and works edition bikes in? It sounds like comfort and predictability are...
Isnt that what you set your bike up for.
hypermoto
12/28/2020 11:28am
Huckster wrote:
What are the final results? I watched the video but can’t seem to find the link.
Kawi, Yamaha, Ktm, Husky, Gasgas, RMARMY, Honda
crc245
12/28/2020 11:49am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2020 11:52am
hypermoto wrote:
Kawi, Yamaha, Ktm, Husky, Gasgas, RMARMY, Honda
Great job from Dirt Bike Mag! That's one of the best shootout videos put out to date.

Good to see some consistency between different publications with similar feedback. DirtRider and SwapMoto were basically unanimous, minus the addition of the RMZ and GasGas for DB...

numbers
12/28/2020 11:52am
I still think the Suzuki is a great bike and a left over is usually under 6k.
12/28/2020 11:53am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2020 11:58am
Sluggo77 wrote:
Huh? They aren't giving credit to the Suzuki. They make it clear that is a major shortcoming of the bike.

And they made the same basic comment about Honda's setting miss: "When they were finalizing things like suspension settings and mapping. It’s clear that it’s unfinished. The Honda is already good, and we can’t wait to see how much better it can be. "
Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
12/28/2020 12:21pm
numbers wrote:
I still think the Suzuki is a great bike and a left over is usually under 6k.
Usually could be found for that... not anymore lol
280driver
12/28/2020 12:57pm
Not the fastest. Most powerful.
12/28/2020 1:12pm
280driver wrote:
Not the fastest. Most powerful.
Good point.
12/28/2020 6:29pm
The Yamaha has had by far the best suspension, and motor for years. Overall a great bike for all normal Sunday racers. Honda for years has had a motor that hits too hard for most people's liking, and horrible suspension. Then the whole two pipe gimmick... Honda has always had quality build like Yamaha, you cant beat either for reliability.

KTM, Husky, Gas Gas........Pick your color. No matter what they say, for the average Joe, those are the same bikes. Boring.
Johnny Ringo
12/28/2020 7:15pm
The Yamaha has had by far the best suspension, and motor for years. Overall a great bike for all normal Sunday racers. Honda for years has...
The Yamaha has had by far the best suspension, and motor for years. Overall a great bike for all normal Sunday racers. Honda for years has had a motor that hits too hard for most people's liking, and horrible suspension. Then the whole two pipe gimmick... Honda has always had quality build like Yamaha, you cant beat either for reliability.

KTM, Husky, Gas Gas........Pick your color. No matter what they say, for the average Joe, those are the same bikes. Boring.
Any tester that says any of the Austrian bikes are different lose all credibility to me
numbers
12/28/2020 7:20pm
Real question is who's gonna not purchase a Honda but instead purchase a Suzuki because of this article, nobody. Its just water hole talk and huff huff about i told you so.
Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
12/28/2020 7:44pm
The Yamaha has had by far the best suspension, and motor for years. Overall a great bike for all normal Sunday racers. Honda for years has...

Any tester that says any of the Austrian bikes are different lose all credibility to me
I know at my skill level, I would only be able to tell the difference if I rode all 3 back to back. And the only real difference would be the body work feel inbetween the legs lol
Kelz87
Fantasy
1372nd
12/28/2020 10:42pm

Have you ridden them? I’d think the same, but in 2017 I rode my ‘16 KTM 350 back-to-back with a ‘16 Husky 350 and even I could feel an obvious difference in the power delivery

We did have 2 different susp setups, but the overall feel of the bikes were not as similar as I’d expected. Familiar, but different

Post a reply to: The REAL 450 Shootout

The Latest