12/28/2020 5:48 AM

Good to see DBM keeping it real.

|

12/28/2020 6:40 AM

They did a good job.

|

12/28/2020 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2020 7:44 AM

It really shows you how good stock bikes are today when the fastest bike in the class finishes last place behind behind the oldest, slowest, and heaviest just because their stock mapping and suspension settings are apparently so far off.

|

12/28/2020 7:35 AM

Best shootouts IMO.

That was very well done.

Gonna be a tough pill to swallow for some 🤣

|

Rent free...

12/28/2020 8:02 AM

Honda boys biggest competition.

Maybe next year they’ll beat em Photo

|

Rent free...

12/28/2020 8:29 AM

hypermoto wrote:

Honda boys biggest competition.

Maybe next year they’ll beat em Photo

It's a reiteration of the tortoise and the hare, right?

|

12/28/2020 8:30 AM

downard254 wrote:

It's a reiteration of the tortoise and the hare, right?

Like fine wine baby

|

Rent free...

12/28/2020 9:21 AM

I wonder if results would have been different if they threw the factory edition and works edition bikes in? It sounds like comfort and predictability are what test riders are looking for these days.

|

12/28/2020 9:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2020 9:28 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

I wonder if results would have been different if they threw the factory edition and works edition bikes in? It sounds like comfort and predictability are what test riders are looking for these days.

Maybe the $15k WE honda would have had a better shot against RMArmy

|

Rent free...

12/28/2020 9:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2020 9:53 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

It really shows you how good stock bikes are today when the fastest bike in the class finishes last place behind behind the oldest, slowest, and heaviest just because their stock mapping and suspension settings are apparently so far off.

Probably can drop off suspension settings as a part of the distinction, as it is pretty well acknowledged that the stock suspension settings are pretty far off on the RMZ, as well. In this shootout they concluded Suzuki could "get back into the game by... rethinking the stock suspension set-up".

|

12/28/2020 10:17 AM

It honestly doesn’t sound surprising to me.
Everyone here that has the RMZ raves about how great of a bike it is, and for the prices they typically can be bought for leave more room to set it up better for each individual that owns one.

|

12/28/2020 10:49 AM

Hmmmm... I guess that old, tired and slow RMZ ain’t all that bad wink

In all seriousness though, I started buying in the crap for a while until I rode one. Everyone I’ve let ride my 17 RMZ loves it and everyone that’s ridden my dads 20 RMZ has loved it.

I’d love to ride a new Kawi and Yamaha. Last Yamaha I rode was a 2017 and the last Kawi was a 2012.

No matter what any shootout says, pick the color you want, do those few things to set it up for yourself and go enjoy. Can’t really go wrong with any of these bikes now.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/28/2020 11:12 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Probably can drop off suspension settings as a part of the distinction, as it is pretty well acknowledged that the stock suspension settings are pretty far off on the RMZ, as well. In this shootout they concluded Suzuki could "get back into the game by... rethinking the stock suspension set-up".

Sounds like a double standard. Giving credit to Suzuki if the suspension set up was changed it would be great, but not the Honda?

|

12/28/2020 11:20 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Sluggo77 wrote:

Sounds like a double standard. Giving credit to Suzuki if the suspension set up was changed it would be great, but not the Honda?

Yes because magazines have been known to give Suzuki so much credit the past 6 years.

Smh

Honda dudes are lost now

|

Rent free...

12/28/2020 11:26 AM

What are the final results? I watched the video but can’t seem to find the link.

|

12/28/2020 11:27 AM

Big oof for Honda. The KX and YZ seem to be home runs for a lot people

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

12/28/2020 11:27 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

Isnt that what you set your bike up for.

|

12/28/2020 11:28 AM

Huckster wrote:

What are the final results? I watched the video but can’t seem to find the link.

Kawi, Yamaha, Ktm, Husky, Gasgas, RMARMY, Honda

|

Rent free...

12/28/2020 11:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2020 11:52 AM

hypermoto wrote:

Kawi, Yamaha, Ktm, Husky, Gasgas, RMARMY, Honda

Great job from Dirt Bike Mag! That's one of the best shootout videos put out to date.

Good to see some consistency between different publications with similar feedback. DirtRider and SwapMoto were basically unanimous, minus the addition of the RMZ and GasGas for DB...

|

12/28/2020 11:52 AM

I still think the Suzuki is a great bike and a left over is usually under 6k.

|

12/28/2020 11:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2020 11:58 AM

quadzrulebro wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Sluggo77 wrote:

Huh? They aren't giving credit to the Suzuki. They make it clear that is a major shortcoming of the bike.

And they made the same basic comment about Honda's setting miss: "When they were finalizing things like suspension settings and mapping. It’s clear that it’s unfinished. The Honda is already good, and we can’t wait to see how much better it can be. "

|

12/28/2020 12:21 PM

numbers wrote:

I still think the Suzuki is a great bike and a left over is usually under 6k.

Usually could be found for that... not anymore lol

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R

12/28/2020 12:57 PM

quadzrulebro wrote:

Not the fastest. Most powerful.

|

12/28/2020 1:12 PM

quadzrulebro wrote:

280driver wrote:

Not the fastest. Most powerful.

Good point.

|

12/28/2020 3:05 PM

Ouch....

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

12/28/2020 6:23 PM

LKHill wrote:

Good to see DBM keeping it real.

well keeps it real for your agenda, good on you, I hope you are now happier

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

12/28/2020 6:29 PM

The Yamaha has had by far the best suspension, and motor for years. Overall a great bike for all normal Sunday racers. Honda for years has had a motor that hits too hard for most people's liking, and horrible suspension. Then the whole two pipe gimmick... Honda has always had quality build like Yamaha, you cant beat either for reliability.

KTM, Husky, Gas Gas........Pick your color. No matter what they say, for the average Joe, those are the same bikes. Boring.

|

12/28/2020 7:15 PM

mxracerjohn250 wrote:

The Yamaha has had by far the best suspension, and motor for years. Overall a great bike for all normal Sunday racers. Honda for years has had a motor that hits too hard for most people's liking, and horrible suspension. Then the whole two pipe gimmick... Honda has always had quality build like Yamaha, you cant beat either for reliability.

KTM, Husky, Gas Gas........Pick your color. No matter what they say, for the average Joe, those are the same bikes. Boring.

Any tester that says any of the Austrian bikes are different lose all credibility to me

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

12/28/2020 7:20 PM

Real question is who's gonna not purchase a Honda but instead purchase a Suzuki because of this article, nobody. Its just water hole talk and huff huff about i told you so.

|

12/28/2020 7:44 PM

mxracerjohn250 wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Any tester that says any of the Austrian bikes are different lose all credibility to me

I know at my skill level, I would only be able to tell the difference if I rode all 3 back to back. And the only real difference would be the body work feel inbetween the legs lol

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R