The RC Oakley poster....

jemcee
2/4/2019 11:40pm
Was waiting for someone else to bring this thread back haha.. but my mates got a new missus who works at a screen printing place or something.. anyway I reckon she’s trying to get in the good books with us both cause they got me this for my 40th birthday this year..

Viper MX
2/5/2019 6:23am
jemcee wrote:
Was waiting for someone else to bring this thread back haha.. but my mates got a new missus who works at a screen printing place or...
Was waiting for someone else to bring this thread back haha.. but my mates got a new missus who works at a screen printing place or something.. anyway I reckon she’s trying to get in the good books with us both cause they got me this for my 40th birthday this year..

That was the beginning of the end for Jeremy's SX dominance.
jemcee
2/5/2019 3:11pm
Viper MX wrote:
Yeah the historical significance of the photo is pretty much the reason it's up on a wall haha I'm not really one to plaster my walls with massive fucken bike pics, normally it's more 'arty farty' as my mates like to say haha but there's also enough arty farty elements in it to get the nod

The Shop

loftyair
2/5/2019 5:29pm
there's a similar one to that, but its side angle. Ricky is whipped, all of him is 'beneath' mc in the air, incredible. Even Mc is looking over at him saying to himself, wow!
c3011
2/7/2019 6:42am
I emailed the photographer the day before yesterday and haven’t heard back, hopefully I do.
Texas Built
2/8/2019 11:52pm
Carmichael posted the picture and the story about it on his IG the other day. A fan in the stands took it at the Pontiac Silverdome with a regular camera.

motomike137
2/9/2019 4:08am
I have a really cool story related to that poster. I grew up in basically the same little town as Brian Swink. After Brian's career wound down he had this really cool little clothing shop I used to go in occasionally and by some things. I go in there one day and he has that poster on the wall behind the cash register and a stack of them on the counter. As I was paying for the shirt I was buying I commented on it mentioning how cool of a shot it was. As he grabs a couple copies of it to give to me knowing that I was a rider he says " have you ever gotten that flat on your bike"? I without hesitation said "not on purpose and when I did it didn't end well "! Lol.
2/9/2019 1:39pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2019 1:42pm
I’ve got one RC one on a CR250?? James Stewart one and 2 x Dungey ones! Completely forgot I had the Stewart one ??‍♂️So that was a nice find? the RC and Stewart ones are on hard card, and the Dungey ones are on cardboard and all genuine ??

ocscottie
2/9/2019 2:37pm
I am pretty fond of this one. My one of a kind RC poster that Brain from DMXS made me for a b-day present, this thing is HUGE and only two exist. Photo by Tony "Toe" Scavo

DC
4/4/2019 5:30am
In the new issue of Racer X Illustrated, Brett Smith of @wewentfast tells the full story of David St. Onge's amazing shot, it's strange journey to iconic poster, and there is this free poster...

DC
Racer X
rangot
4/4/2019 5:43am
Viper MX wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Yeah the historical significance of the photo is pretty much the reason it's up on a wall haha I'm not really one to plaster my walls...
Yeah the historical significance of the photo is pretty much the reason it's up on a wall haha I'm not really one to plaster my walls with massive fucken bike pics, normally it's more 'arty farty' as my mates like to say haha but there's also enough arty farty elements in it to get the nod
Funny, because this picture was taken during the parade lap, yet i agree with you, it symbolizes the end for MC and the beginning for RC. Carlo Bagalini's picture, by the way. I discovered it on a light table right after his author, i was in shock !
Jerkolantern
4/4/2019 9:04am
DC wrote:
In the new issue of Racer X Illustrated, Brett Smith of @wewentfast tells the full story of David St. Onge's amazing shot, it's strange journey to...
In the new issue of Racer X Illustrated, Brett Smith of @wewentfast tells the full story of David St. Onge's amazing shot, it's strange journey to iconic poster, and there is this free poster...

DC
Racer X
That's in the new racer x???
DC
4/4/2019 12:21pm
DC wrote:
In the new issue of Racer X Illustrated, Brett Smith of @wewentfast tells the full story of David St. Onge's amazing shot, it's strange journey to...

DC
Racer X
That's in the new racer x???
Yes, that poster is free in the brand new Racer X with Cooper Webb on the cover.

DC
Racer X
jemcee
4/4/2019 11:31pm
rangot wrote:
Funny, because this picture was taken during the parade lap, yet i agree with you, it symbolizes the end for MC and the beginning for RC...
Funny, because this picture was taken during the parade lap, yet i agree with you, it symbolizes the end for MC and the beginning for RC. Carlo Bagalini's picture, by the way. I discovered it on a light table right after his author, i was in shock !
Yep it's known as the passing of the torch moment haha.. McGrath planned to have some pyrotechnics go off from his helmet but the button didn't work (you can see the cable or chord coming out of the back of his helmet)
BobKerr
4/5/2019 8:00am
Just FYI for anyone interested in buying one of the original posters. I emailed the photographer this morning (his email is in this thread from where he responded). He got back to me later this morning, and says he still has 18 copies of the original poster left for sale. They aren't cheap, but I am seriously considering buying one.
HackMan162
4/5/2019 8:29am
Carmichael posted the picture and the story about it on his IG the other day. A fan in the stands took it at the Pontiac Silverdome...
Carmichael posted the picture and the story about it on his IG the other day. A fan in the stands took it at the Pontiac Silverdome with a regular camera.

I remember seeing this billboard the day it went up, on my dreadful commute from LAX-area to HB. It was just south of Carson St before Wilmington, on the east side of the 405. Coolest thing ever at the time, and maybe still...
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/8/2019 7:17am
BobKerr wrote:
Just FYI for anyone interested in buying one of the original posters. I emailed the photographer this morning (his email is in this thread from where...
Just FYI for anyone interested in buying one of the original posters. I emailed the photographer this morning (his email is in this thread from where he responded). He got back to me later this morning, and says he still has 18 copies of the original poster left for sale. They aren't cheap, but I am seriously considering buying one.
Thanks for the info. I ordered a couple from him and should be here soon.
dkg
4/8/2019 10:57am
RichieW13 wrote:
Weege just released a podcast about the history of this picture:

https://racerxonline.com/2019/04/03/exhaust-the-millon-to-one-shot-with…
Yep, listened to that and DC on the Tickle mess. Great articles and podcast. Looks like FIM is finally getting it's act together (thanks to Dingman and Crowther of the AMA). The story of the Carmichael photo history (and putting it together) is pure gold.

Post a reply to: The RC Oakley poster....

The Latest