The Question: Where will Tickle and Savatgy go??

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2020 10:30 AM

What's yer scoop?

|

11/3/2020 10:38 AM

Whats spots are left, JGR, 2nd or 3rd rider on HEP or 2nd rider on RMATV Ktm?

|

11/3/2020 10:39 AM

Maybe penrite Honda?

|

11/3/2020 1:37 PM

No offense meant to Justin Bogle at all...but if he can hang onto a ride on a factory KTM with the RMATV team, then why can't Tickle & Savatgy get a hook up?

|

11/3/2020 2:14 PM

I'd like to hear more about the possible Casino deal for JGR. Anyone got some on that?

|

11/3/2020 2:27 PM

The new Suzuki president likes racing apparently. Sounds like he’s late to the start gate to me

|

11/3/2020 3:28 PM

Richard Tease II wrote:

The new Suzuki president likes racing apparently. Sounds like he’s late to the start gate to me

heard the same. 'Late to the gate' part. Who else would JCR go with if it wasn't Suzuki?

|

11/3/2020 3:29 PM

Richard Tease II wrote:

The new Suzuki president likes racing apparently. Sounds like he’s late to the start gate to me

He's trying to kickstart their racing program

|

11/3/2020 3:31 PM

I would look for Tickle back at JGR if they get a title sponsor.

|

11/3/2020 3:32 PM

Richard Tease II wrote:

The new Suzuki president likes racing apparently. Sounds like he’s late to the start gate to me

GrapeApe wrote:

He's trying to kickstart their racing program

I don't care who you are, that's funny.



|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/4/2020 7:10 AM

mb60 wrote:

I would look for Tickle back at JGR if they get a title sponsor.

heard a couple people mention a big Casino deal. Know anything about that?

|

11/4/2020 7:13 AM

Richard Tease II wrote:

The new Suzuki president likes racing apparently. Sounds like he’s late to the start gate to me

I wonder where that rumor came from. Because testing should begin now and round 1 is soon here and nothing is finalized regarding JGR/Suzuki. They are literally missing out on all available riders because they can't commit to anything.

|

11/4/2020 8:07 AM

I think Teasdale is a Native American and he's bringing along the casino action. So if that happens, expect him to be on the team as well.

|

11/4/2020 8:12 AM

the answer is easy "their going to Disneyland"

id like to see both @ JGR along with A Martin.

lets hope the casino news breaks fast and the official team announcement drops sooner rather than later.

|

11/4/2020 8:45 AM

DEMONDAVE wrote:

the answer is easy "their going to Disneyland"

id like to see both @ JGR along with A Martin.

lets hope the casino news breaks fast and the official team announcement drops sooner rather than later.

According to Pulp, Suzuki is the hold up. Can't decide what or how much they want to commit apparently.

Poor JGR, think how much better off they'd be if they had got under the wing of the Austrians at some point.

|

11/4/2020 9:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2020 9:53 AM

DEMONDAVE wrote:

the answer is easy "their going to Disneyland"

id like to see both @ JGR along with A Martin.

lets hope the casino news breaks fast and the official team announcement drops sooner rather than later.

LungButter wrote:

According to Pulp, Suzuki is the hold up. Can't decide what or how much they want to commit apparently.

Poor JGR, think how much better off they'd be if they had got under the wing of the Austrians at some point.

I really like the JGR team but after 12+ years you have to stop thinking "poor JGR" and start to question what they are doing and their way of going about things to have issues year after year. Here it is November 4th and the best case scenario they have is getting last minute support from Suzuki, signing Tickle and/or Savatgy who have been pretty openly critical about the bikes and have shown they would go just about anywhere else they can at the first opportunity.

Poor A Mart is more like it.

I hope it all works out for everyone involved.

|

11/4/2020 10:01 AM

If JGR runs 450s, it should be Max and Freddie

They've earned it.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/4/2020 10:05 AM

If i would have to guess. I would say that Star Yamaha has still a couple free stools under their awning. whistling

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

11/4/2020 10:12 AM

Jesse318pnw wrote:

I really like the JGR team but after 12+ years you have to stop thinking "poor JGR" and start to question what they are doing and their way of going about things to have issues year after year. Here it is November 4th and the best case scenario they have is getting last minute support from Suzuki, signing Tickle and/or Savatgy who have been pretty openly critical about the bikes and have shown they would go just about anywhere else they can at the first opportunity.

Poor A Mart is more like it.

I hope it all works out for everyone involved.

That's a fair point as well.

|

11/4/2020 11:30 AM

LungButter wrote:

According to Pulp, Suzuki is the hold up. Can't decide what or how much they want to commit apparently.

Poor JGR, think how much better off they'd be if they had got under the wing of the Austrians at some point.

Jesse318pnw wrote:

I really like the JGR team but after 12+ years you have to stop thinking "poor JGR" and start to question what they are doing and their way of going about things to have issues year after year. Here it is November 4th and the best case scenario they have is getting last minute support from Suzuki, signing Tickle and/or Savatgy who have been pretty openly critical about the bikes and have shown they would go just about anywhere else they can at the first opportunity.

Poor A Mart is more like it.

I hope it all works out for everyone involved.

LungButter wrote:

That's a fair point as well.

like Lungbutter said, good point.

Factory Buzuki's have long been my favorite looking bikes in SX/Outdoors since Guy Cooper and Brian Swink days. Unless they want to go privateer, Tickle/Savatgy would be a great '21 SX team but i think Savatgy would complain about everything looking to jump ship as a fill-in at another team as soon as it arose. Not sure how Teasdale is in SX but his two 12ths in '20 Outdoors (450) were impressive as a privateer. Hope this thing can work out for a solid effort by Round 1 SX '21.

|

11/4/2020 11:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2020 11:37 AM

DEMONDAVE wrote:

the answer is easy "their going to Disneyland"

id like to see both @ JGR along with A Martin.

lets hope the casino news breaks fast and the official team announcement drops sooner rather than later.

LungButter wrote:

According to Pulp, Suzuki is the hold up. Can't decide what or how much they want to commit apparently.

Poor JGR, think how much better off they'd be if they had got under the wing of the Austrians at some point.

Jesse318pnw wrote:

I really like the JGR team but after 12+ years you have to stop thinking "poor JGR" and start to question what they are doing and their way of going about things to have issues year after year. Here it is November 4th and the best case scenario they have is getting last minute support from Suzuki, signing Tickle and/or Savatgy who have been pretty openly critical about the bikes and have shown they would go just about anywhere else they can at the first opportunity.

Poor A Mart is more like it.

I hope it all works out for everyone involved.

I would laugh a lot if JGR just said, hey scr.. it, they can't be serious so let us go with a motivated TM, Beta or Sherco. They would be able to have similar if not better results and would be quite the hero underdogs, which in term of marketing and sponsor attraction may also help them.

|

11/4/2020 12:01 PM

Jesse318pnw wrote:

I really like the JGR team but after 12+ years you have to stop thinking "poor JGR" and start to question what they are doing and their way of going about things to have issues year after year. Here it is November 4th and the best case scenario they have is getting last minute support from Suzuki, signing Tickle and/or Savatgy who have been pretty openly critical about the bikes and have shown they would go just about anywhere else they can at the first opportunity.

Poor A Mart is more like it.

I hope it all works out for everyone involved.

LungButter wrote:

That's a fair point as well.

deadking wrote:

like Lungbutter said, good point.

Factory Buzuki's have long been my favorite looking bikes in SX/Outdoors since Guy Cooper and Brian Swink days. Unless they want to go privateer, Tickle/Savatgy would be a great '21 SX team but i think Savatgy would complain about everything looking to jump ship as a fill-in at another team as soon as it arose. Not sure how Teasdale is in SX but his two 12ths in '20 Outdoors (450) were impressive as a privateer. Hope this thing can work out for a solid effort by Round 1 SX '21.

JGR said something along the lines of they have no idea what their plans are for next year, but they know they do not include Joey Savatgy

|

11/4/2020 12:05 PM

deadking wrote:

What's yer scoop?

They both have options and out of respect lets wait for the press release.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

11/4/2020 5:31 PM

deadking wrote:

I'd like to hear more about the possible Casino deal for JGR. Anyone got some on that?

From what I have read Isaac is an EBCI(Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians) Tribal member.

EBCI is part of the CGM Cherokee Gaming Commission.

Cherokee Gaming Commission operates several casinos with the major one being Harrahs Cherokee in Cherokee North Carolina which is 3 hours West of the JGR MX shop in Charlotte. Seems like a great sponsor for JGR if they can just get some bikes.

They are part of the Caesars Entertainment brand.

Really awesome that one kid can bring such large sponsors to MX, hopefully JGR and all of MX can treat them right to get more Casino sponsorships back into MX.

https://www.caesars.com/harrahs-cherokee

https://www.theonefeather.com/2017/06/tribal-member-competing-in-pro-motocross/?fbclid=IwAR39zhyOTgQBvR6y8d4KlkhHtEwvlvxWkTeYCrzu6LCXAc9a_jJXmL0UkJ0

https://www.cherokeegamingcommission.com/




|

11/4/2020 5:41 PM

deadking wrote:

I'd like to hear more about the possible Casino deal for JGR. Anyone got some on that?

nascarnate326 wrote:

From what I have read Isaac is an EBCI(Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians) Tribal member.

EBCI is part of the CGM Cherokee Gaming Commission.

Cherokee Gaming Commission operates several casinos with the major one being Harrahs Cherokee in Cherokee North Carolina which is 3 hours West of the JGR MX shop in Charlotte. Seems like a great sponsor for JGR if they can just get some bikes.

They are part of the Caesars Entertainment brand.

Really awesome that one kid can bring such large sponsors to MX, hopefully JGR and all of MX can treat them right to get more Casino sponsorships back into MX.

https://www.caesars.com/harrahs-cherokee

https://www.theonefeather.com/2017/06/tribal-member-competing-in-pro-motocross/?fbclid=IwAR39zhyOTgQBvR6y8d4KlkhHtEwvlvxWkTeYCrzu6LCXAc9a_jJXmL0UkJ0

https://www.cherokeegamingcommission.com/




I heard the backstory on the Cherokee deal wasn't to promote the Casino end of things. They are doing it to support a program they have that helps members of tribes who are dealing with adversity ( I wanna say substance abuse, but I could be way wrong )

|

themotolog.com The only offroad bike specific logbook available

11/4/2020 6:18 PM

Jesse318pnw wrote:

I really like the JGR team but after 12+ years you have to stop thinking "poor JGR" and start to question what they are doing and their way of going about things to have issues year after year. Here it is November 4th and the best case scenario they have is getting last minute support from Suzuki, signing Tickle and/or Savatgy who have been pretty openly critical about the bikes and have shown they would go just about anywhere else they can at the first opportunity.

Poor A Mart is more like it.

I hope it all works out for everyone involved.

FYI...According to Suzuki’s website, riding an RM-Z is an “unfair advantage”...

|

11/4/2020 8:53 PM

My take: Savatgy comes across as a whiner as an "employee" and has little or no fans because he just doesn't have that personality......which is fine. Not everyone belongs in the spotlight.

Tickle would be a great pick, but JGR's track record shows poor results for a factory effort and needs new leadership to drive the program forward. Example? Look at what Alessi has done with MCR since he got less insane (otherwise known as Mike retiring from pro racing). Another example is watch the success at Star on the 450 program that the dinosaurs at Yamaha could do nothing with. They have proven to have the goods on the 250 and I predict you will see the same quickly on the 450.....and lets not even say "Yamaha didn't have good riders" because that is just BS.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

11/5/2020 8:19 AM

8tensolutions wrote:

My take: Savatgy comes across as a whiner as an "employee" and has little or no fans because he just doesn't have that personality......which is fine. Not everyone belongs in the spotlight.

Tickle would be a great pick, but JGR's track record shows poor results for a factory effort and needs new leadership to drive the program forward. Example? Look at what Alessi has done with MCR since he got less insane (otherwise known as Mike retiring from pro racing). Another example is watch the success at Star on the 450 program that the dinosaurs at Yamaha could do nothing with. They have proven to have the goods on the 250 and I predict you will see the same quickly on the 450.....and lets not even say "Yamaha didn't have good riders" because that is just BS.

Agreed. Just hope Savatgy can encompass more 'team effort' in his dialogue rather than saying it's all the bike or his guys aren't getting it done. He's still a huge talent that could turn it around like Cianciarulo. Anstie was working with less, did more, and was always positive and promoting his team, sponsors.

I thought Tickle did an awesome job with Suzuki and his comeback in Supercross '20.

|

11/5/2020 8:52 AM

It looks like they dont have many options besides JGR and HEP. Looks like the rumor is JGR does not want to work with Savatgy, so that leaves HEP?? Yes he needs to work on his skills of communication to the team and fans, but he is still a top 10 rider in SX and MX. Might be a good fit - sign a 1 year, performance based contract and come out swinging. For Tickle - it would be great to see him back at JGR. He is a true professional and top 10-15 rider.

Not sure of any other rides available.

Hope we hear some news soon. SX starts in just over 2 months!!

|

11/5/2020 10:21 AM

davistld01 wrote:

No offense meant to Justin Bogle at all...but if he can hang onto a ride on a factory KTM with the RMATV team, then why can't Tickle & Savatgy get a hook up?

My only thought on this is that bogle is probably riding for free and has very low drama surrounding him.

Tickle would also be a good fit but might be a little more expensive

Joey is probably looking for a bagget like salary. Just my guess.

|